Image not available

1920x1280

Seksan-Or-Kwanmua....jpg

๐Ÿงต what fighters do you love that aren't the most skilled?

Anonymous No. 144591

for me its Seksan Or. Kwanmuang
his entire strategy is to spam attacks while walking forward, i love when his opponents get visibly frustrated with his aggression or if he gets rocked or downed, then sprints forward and does the sloppiest ass flying knees or wild hooks to get back in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4VsWMQBe0&

Anonymous No. 144793

Mikkel Kessler. He was a great bread and butter textbook boxer, and a former world champion, though he lost his probably two biggest fights against Joe Calzaghe and Andre Ward. He did not have an extremely deep kit technically speaking, but he became a Champion by consistently applying the fundamental skills he excelled in. His head movement was subpar to put it lightly, and his footwork did not take him off the center line very often, but his ability to step in and out in a high guard and thereby control range and block or Parry incoming straight punches and remaining out of range of hooks was great. He also did not have a very active left hook, but his jab was incredibly crisp, consistent, and powerful. I would go so far as to say that at one point in time he had the best step-in 1-2 in his division. Couple that with a great chin and a deep gas tank and you have a very exciting fighter to watch. If you aren't familiar with him I would encourage you to check him out.

Image not available

1142x1200

1672155486426417.jpg

Anonymous No. 144795

5,11, 68 inch reach, flat feet, started at 26, world champion

Anonymous No. 145030

>>144591
Me.

Image not available

663x658

IMG_3109.jpg

Anonymous No. 148777

Sure

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 151766

Ok

Anonymous No. 151777

Minowaman. Can crusher extraordinaire. Genki Sudo because I'm a pleb.

Image not available

1500x1200

026_Roxanne-Modaf....jpg

Anonymous No. 151933

Roxanne Modafferi the Happy Warrior.
>40 years old.
>5'7 flyweight
>Never the fastest, strongest, or most aggressive.
>Had a slow, linear increase in skill over her fighting career, often passed off as a gatekeeper for the big leagues for new blood.
>Also a massive and unashamed nerd. The exact last person you'd ever expect to find in the UFC, and the butt of many jokes or remarks as consequence of a middling career history and lack of 'tough girl' act in an organization that promotes WWE asshole behavior.
>Perpetually happy, polite and considerate. Known to be helpful to her opponents to make weight and to navigate around pre-fight. But also scarily committed to fighting.
>Actively put herself in a weak position in her fight against Maycee Barber after she tore an ACL by going to grappling where she didn't need her knee so much, despite direct instructions from her coach to take advantage of the bad knee. Common belief holds it to be personal perception of honour that made her go to grappling.
>Also gave no shits about all Barber's blood spilling into her mouth or continuing to fight her despite the normally fight-stopping injury that would have made her the early victor against a woman much younger who was hailed as a rising star in MMA.
"Should the match have been stopped? Absolutely not. She wanted to fight, let her fight."
>Modafferi was the only person to categorically fall under this opinion, and state it, on camera.
>Considered by some to be the "Greatest Underdog of the UFC".
>Considered by others to be the incarnation of 'female Goku' by sheer mentality and philosophy alone.

To date, the only UFC fighter I've actually gotten invested in myself. She makes me smile.

Anonymous No. 151936

Keith Jardine. Just strange enough of a style to give problems to top level dudes, but was never gonna be champion because of that style, and his age. Still one hell of a good dude, and even the shitty movies he's in you can tell he's trying his best to make whatever little amount of story his character has work.

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 154349

>>151933
Go go power rangers

Anonymous No. 155570

>>144591
Ok >>148777
>>145030
>>144795
>>144793

Anonymous No. 155802

>>151933
Roxy is a fvcking queen. The realest of the real. It was an absolute travesty that cowardly Nicco fucking Montoya was the inaugural UFC flyweight champ instead of her.

Anonymous No. 157718

>>144591
What

Anonymous No. 160590

Yep what >>155570

Anonymous No. 160609

>>151933

Roxy doesn't fit this list because she was actually skilled for 125, just zero athleticism. She had a massive back injury from judo that made her shift into BJJ. Absolutely amazing woman and martial artist, there's a great article about her somewhere that I can't find but it goes through all her injuries.

Image not available

200x300

20140729073802_1M....jpg

Anonymous No. 160614

>>144591
I can't think of many fighters I love that are totally unskilled but Carlos Condit was someone I hugely admired despite having quite obvious skill gaps defensively for both his wrestling and striking.

He was a monster offensive striker with an amazing, versatile arsenal and dangerous power. A lot of his stuff looked awkward but he could really hurt you and he even caught GSP with a monster headkick in their fight that knocked him down.

But while he was a decent grappler from the bottom with sweeps and submission threats his non-existent takedown defence and striking defence that was reliant on his iron chin held him back

He had to battle through possibly the worst division for him imaginable - absolutely packed with top wrestlers who could take him down and hold him there - and by dint of crafty grappling, luck, and grit, he fought his way through and then started getting matched up against some strikers who he demolished. Beat Nick Diaz in a fight where he had to fight on the backfoot for the interim belt. Had two title shots - lost one to GSP because of the wrestling, and lost a very slim decision to Robbie Lawler where it came down to Condit's better pace vs Lawler's bigger shots.

Anonymous No. 160619

>>160614
Condit is one of many guys that survived the WEC fold in that don't get near the accolades they should. Too bad he didn't have his father's killer instinct.

Image not available

630x420

roycegracie1_crop....jpg

Anonymous No. 160621

How dare you not mention Royce?

Anonymous No. 160632

>>160619
>Too bad he didn't have his father's killer instinct.
I don't know who his dad was but Condit absolutely had killer instinct

Anonymous No. 160635

>>160632
You can thank 9/11 for not knowing his dad