Image not available

1920x1920

Polish_20230515_1....jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 146435

How much heavier does the right fighter need to be to beat the left in an MMA fight?

Anonymous No. 146438

Mniej więcej tak ciężki jak twoja matka, czyli około 99 kg.

Anonymous No. 146440

Why are you putting sumo in the same category as those other things
It's one of the most hardcore martial arts out there

Anonymous No. 146480

>>146440
There's something to be said for a tkd guy who's a lot taller than his opponent. Range is a cunt. He coasts his way into whatever round decision.

Anonymous No. 146501

>>146435
When I first started doing MMA, I was successful (most the time) against vastly better people, if they were around 70% or less of the weight.
Specifically there was a fighter right around 75% of my weight that would pretty much dominate me in most situations.

Anonymous No. 147738

>>146435
apples to oranges. you put a complete fighter who can become exceptional at all those aspects of fighting in a decade or less, against someone who not only completely lacks a ground game but also would have to train his whole life to get good at one of those four martial arts in particular.

additionally, save for sumo and tkd, legit classes in those arts are incredibly rare:
-you can find some shodokan in russia i believe, but it seems pretty much non-existent outside of russia and maybe the UK
-tai chi has been neutered and sterilized to the point it's become a meditational practice, so good luck finding an actual taiji master anywhere, even in china

Anonymous No. 147978

>Tall TKD guy.
>Who also does Sumo.
My bones hurt already. That guy is going to have scary legs.

Image not available

1650x950

glover.png

Anonymous No. 148037

>>146435
The thing is that if you don't know ANY grappling, assuming both are highly competent fighters at their arts, you're at a BAD disadvantage almost regardless of weight. Royce Gracie's famous fight against Akebono Tarō comes to mind - we know a 306 lb disadvantage, Royce wins because Akebono just doesn't know any groundwork and therefore keeps letting Royce escape totally lost positions until Royce can finally get the armlock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcyfMB1YKtc&

He'll do at least a little better than Taro because TKD, especially if your school spars, is going to teach him kicks and striking, but I'm not seeing any groundwork here, and that means absent a good punch or kick, right side needs a weight advantage SO overwhelming that left side LITERALLY cannot get a takedown or bring things to the ground, because if it goes there, fight's over. I'd say 350lbs, because as a boxer, left's just going to get a clinch then go for a takedown, and if they can get it, that's game - I think 350lbs of advantage is around the point where
>there just isn't anything you can do to force the other person to the ground
and a single good stray punch or kick just wins.

Anonymous No. 148939

>>146435
3-5kg