Karate
Judo
etc etc
https://youtu.be/GAErJWelrJM

What is your opinion? I agree 100% with him

Anonymous No. 147252

pretty tough talk from a guy whos brother hand picked all his opponents

Anonymous No. 147254

Weight training wasn't invented to make people better at lifting weights either. Oh well, find people who do what you wanna do.

Anonymous No. 147294

>>147252
that is not the point, what he is saying is true and you know it

even historicaly speaking martial arts have been deluded so it doesn't look too violent so that the politicians could control the population

>>147254
True, but that's also besides the point I am making here

Anonymous No. 147305

>>147294
No, he isn't. Majority of traditional martial arts were created by impoverished sections of the population, especially those that were not allowed to own weapons. Majority of martial arts were developed to deal with better equipped oppressive forces. That's why there is such a prevalence of repurposed farming equipment in almost every martial art with the exception of those that were historically reserved for rich cunts. I.e. fencing/kendo, knight twats & samurai cucks. Martial arts developed a theme of reserved pacifism because it was meant as defensive measures that would hopefully not incur greater violence by aforementioned oppressive forces. Also I want to avoid the confusion of martial arts, with entities & nations that employed the martial sciences in the course of war.
>TL;DR OG martial artists just wanted to get away alive.

Anonymous No. 147308

>>147294
Things must adapt and change or go extinct, There is a place for academically preserving old more violent martial traditions. But now at least in the Western world We can't just go around killing each other and so our martial arts need to change and become less dangerous the minimum effective dose is what's required.
It's ironic as he himself practices an art derived from judo which only existed to preserve jujitsu. jujitsu was disappearing and so a decision had to be made about if we modify it to make it acceptable to practice in a more civilized age or do we let it die out.

If not for the neutering of jujitsu to make it appropriate for civilians, nobody knows who royce gracie even is. Bjj doesnt exist and everybody that wants to grapple is learning western style wrestling.
Sometimes domestication is the only way to survive.
We will still have shih tzus long after every wolf in the world goes extinct

Anonymous No. 147310

>created
Mostly by the very wealthy. Either directly, or funded there in. Up until very recently, being able to afford to spend all of your time working on fighting was one hell of an indulgence if there wasn't going to be a payoff.

Anonymous No. 147311

>>147308
Shit, you got me there ngl

Anonymous No. 147354

>>147252
Don’t forget the Gracie’s are still coping about kimuras victory saying they never intended to win despite walking to the ring with a fucking coffin. Don’t forget they also ambushed catch wrestler rufino dos santos 3v1 with weapons and broke his arms when he called them out on their shit.
https://youtu.be/aCai00QBEl4

Anonymous No. 147355

>>147294
>even historicaly speaking martial arts have been deluded so it doesn't look too violent so that the politicians could control the population
What a fucking retarded opinion. I’m sure you have a ton of evidence to back that shit up.

Anonymous No. 147358

>>147310
Extremely incorrect. The wealthy martial arts were things like fencing and kendo. Most martial arts have humble beginnings, most of them were specifically invented in opposition to the ruling parties of their respective areas.

Image not available

800x605

F751B3E7-200A-494....jpg

Anonymous No. 147364

>>147358
It’s never so simple. You bring up fencing so I’ll talk about that since I know the history of it better than kendo. Fencing as we understand it from the Olympic sport was an outcropping of 19th century dueling practices. While smallsword duels (and to a lesser degree, saber fighting,) were predominantly practiced by the nobility, the fencing tradition was much broader than that. Sure, a noble may be required to duel but common men were taught to fence as well if their lives may have depended on it. Take for example this picture of common seamen conducting single stick practice as an analogue for cutlass fencing. Even if we are to take fencing back to its medieval roots, once again the nobility had occasion to use it both as memebers of the warrior class of society as well as in judicial duels. That said, it was expected that freemen could be levied to fight as well. In these cases, unlike what the retard in >>147294 says, the ruling class often encouraged people to form fencing fellowships so that should they ever be needed to defend their homes they would be more capable of doing so. Hell, in most towns in England during the medieval period Sunday was archery day right after church let out.

All this to say, there were good reasons for both the wealthy and lower class people to know and practice martial arts historically and many from both social classes did.

Anonymous No. 147372

>>147358
>humble
>can afford to be injured
Sure bud

Anonymous No. 147376

>>147372
Dude, traditional martial arts, especially those like I mentioned, had extremely little sparring. Where do you think shit like katas originally came from. Or the standardized group instruction methods still in use today. Look at the constantly repeated arguments on this board about sparring. Pay attention dipshit. Martial arts are still humble and
>>147364
To contribute to what this anon said, there are still divisions in what martial arts are available based upon class. Ironically shit like fencing has become even more reserved for the priviledged, yet less relevant. Which is weird, considering how many places in the world still let you carry some sort of sword. Fuck commiefornia even lets you carry daggers & machetes.

Anonymous No. 147379

>>147376
Ahh yes. The constant arguments on this board, as would happen in 300 BC. So true.

Anonymous No. 147380

>>147379
You're the one that seemed to imply you can't practice martial arts and be poor while simultaneously feaful of injury you literally cannot afford. I was supporting your implication while sarcastically deriding the idea there aren't poor martial artists.
>tl;dr: You're retarded.

Anonymous No. 147461

>>147380
>I can't read so you're dumb
Oof

Anonymous No. 147477

>>147461
So what did you mean then? Honestly though. Looks like your saying poor martial artists that don't want to be hurt aren't a thing.

Anonymous No. 147908

>>147310
Most traditional Japanese weapons were repurposed farming tools.
Entire systems were created around beating people with a stick.

Image not available

270x597

Universe_Staff.jpg

Anonymous No. 147938

>>147908
My favorite weapon arts are all the staff and stick ones. Guess what melee weapon is legal to carry almost anywhere, fucking sticks. Guess what weapon you can find in nearly every environment on earth. Fucking sticks! Wood sticks, metal sticks, polycarbonate sticks, etc. It's the perfect martial weapon, always relevant, ready, easy to wield, but hard to master. You can even fucking fuck fucking sticks if you're into that shit or fuck your lady friend with it or have her fuck you, don't be close minded or closed ass. Be open to stick & stick will protect you.
>Stick is love
>Stick is life

Image not available

300x168

BitchesNSticks.jpg

Anonymous No. 147939

>>147938

Anonymous No. 147952

>>147251
Such a retarded, pointless idea. What’s the alternative to testing skills under a ruleset? Death matches? Letting people break each other? Beyond idiotic.
>muh self defense
A trained guy (any legit discipline) has an advantage over the untrained, and a guy with a gun will beat them both. Very simple.

Image not available

1750x2500

file.png

Anonymous No. 148055

>>147938
You can even open carry sticks and nobody would notice you're actually carrying a deadly weapon.