Image not available

236x236

37b143022b35209e7....jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 147509

Redpill me on knuckle conditioning. Will punching a wall full force make my fist stronger or will I break my hand like a retard.

Anonymous No. 147510

>>147509
The latter. Those Okinawans with big ass knuckles aren’t really strengthening their hands anyways they’re just killing the nerve endings and building callouses. It’s very little gain for the amount of damage you’re going to do to your hands to get there.

Anonymous No. 147511

>>147509
well don't punch the wall, but as far as conditioning goes you should prepare your hands for striking without gloves or wraps if you ever intend to punch someone for real
boxers have awful mechanics from the wrist down because they are wearing things that force their hands into a safe shape

don't need to be extreme, but a little bit of daily gradual training against a piece of wood or in a bucket of rice at different angles, slaps, hammer fists, punches, back fists, just a few reps lightly at first until your hands get sore and then gradually with more intensity. It's not really hardening your bones but it does build tissue and protective calluses in the area to make your hands more durable. its more about getting them used to impact, it's not really "hardening" the way charlatans would have you believe.

side bar, the same applies to shin conditioning in muay thai. Thats total garbage mcdojo tier wushu chi bullshit. That isn't how bones work, seriously don't do that.
same process there, just some light gradual impacts to keep your body ready to accept impacts

Anonymous No. 147512

Any and all hand conditioning can make your hand harder to break and lessen pain while punching, but at the cost of guaranteeing and quickening the onset of brutal arthritis. This is maybe worthwhile if you're a pro bareknuckle fighter who plans to seppuku at age 40.

Image not available

612x408

throwinganonabone.jpg

Anonymous No. 147513

>>147509
Ok retard, look at this picture. This is a close-up look at a human bone. These openings to make them easier to heal after microfractures or breaks. When you fracture these tiny connections they end up growing more, and you can possibly get to a point where your conditioned bone is more solid than not. Your bone has technically become more dense and solid, congratulations you now have a more solid bone. Now that you have it, make sure you're conditioning daily forever. Because the week you take off breaking your knuckles your fist is going to get extremely stiff and you're going to develop arthritis for the rest of your retard life. If you're doing karate or something bare knuckle just make sure your form is solid and practice punching a heavy bag, having your arm aligned will make much more of an impact on how solid your fist is than conditioning.

Anonymous No. 147516

>>147509
wrists are more important than knuckles

Anonymous No. 147524

>>147513
>>147510
Also, bones break more easily the denser they are past a certain point. You would be better off just doing stuff to desensitize & keratinize you knuckle skin. Punching hot sand is great for developing mitts that don't give a fuck about anything.

Anonymous No. 147528

>>147509
Don't condition your hands on things don't have flex. Even makiwara is designed to bend.

Anonymous No. 147548

>>147528
Good point. That's how you get gnarly, flat, cracked, and bleeding calluses. Your skin is not meant to be totally flat & inflexible.

Image not available

640x360

1678944773900784.webm

Anonymous No. 147557

Good advice in this thread. What I've found is that

Although being able to throw a bare knuckle punch is beneficial for obvious reasons, getting to the point where you can throw full force on a light bag doesn't take all that long, and beyond this point knuckle conditioning is mostly pointless and most of the conditioning there is in the wrist and the hand itself. The amount of times I've torn the skin/calluses on my knuckles is a lot, and every time it happens time is taken away from practicing on the bag or mitts with punches, which really is time wasted. The effort compared to the reward is minimal if not nill in general, but especially when you consider that the time could be spent on more important aspects of MA training such as speed or accuracy or fitness or refining technique. What is the point of having hardened skin on your knuckles anyway? Knuckles are already hard and pointy and capable of causing a lot of damage without thickened skin. If you were in a fight where you had to be bareknuckle for whatever reason the last thing on your mind would be how the skin on your knuckles would look after, and I don't think knuckle calluses are even good for that since calluses tear off, leaving the skin on the knuckles even more tender than if there were no callus

Anonymous No. 147561

>most of the conditioning there is in the wrist and the hand itself.
I meant the conditioning to be able to throw bareknuckle on a light/heavy bag. Btw do not do this full force or on a bag you are unfamiliar with

Anonymous No. 147562

>>147557
even this here, the bare knuckle fighters still wrap the shit out of their wrists
that's where the problem is. Building good habits is the most important part of it.

Anonymous No. 147876

Most likely thing you're going to get from bone conditioning in your hands are boxing fractures. One of the most common misconceptions in martial arts is that bone conditioning, or the practice of repeatedly hitting hard surfaces to toughen up the bones, is essential for developing striking power. However, this is not only false, but potentially harmful. Bone conditioning can lead to microfractures, arthritis, nerve damage and chronic pain in the long run. Moreover, it does not address the root cause of weak strikes: poor form.

Proper form is significantly more important than any sort of bone conditioning when it comes to striking power. Form refers to the alignment, coordination and timing of the body parts involved in a strike. A good form maximizes the transfer of force from the ground, through the legs, hips, torso, shoulders, arms and finally to the target. It also minimizes energy loss due to unnecessary tension, misalignment or inefficiency. A good form also protects the joints and muscles from injury by distributing the impact evenly and avoiding hyperextension or over-rotation.

Instead of wasting time and risking injury by hitting hard objects, we should focus on improving our form through proper training and feedback. This will not only increase our striking power, but also our speed, accuracy and endurance. By mastering the fundamentals of form, we can achieve more with less effort and avoid unnecessary damage to our bodies.

Anonymous No. 147903

>>147509
It's retarded. How often are you going to need to throw hands bare knuckle in your life? If you can throw hard, you're probably breaking them anyway, conditioning or no.

You're just giving yourself early arthritis for no good reason. At least jacket wrestlers develop iron grip strength for their troubles.

Anonymous No. 148199

Being hit by conditioned knuckles really hurts more than average knuckles?

Anonymous No. 148204

>>147509
It'll break your hand like a retard.

Anonymous No. 148205

>>148199
No. The difference in density is neglible. The only real benefits are desensitizing & toughening skin, and the psychological perks that come from grizzled looking hands. Deterrance & avoidance is yhr ultimate defense afterall. Hmm this actually might just be some ancient weeb shortcut to looking intimidating.

Anonymous No. 148207

>>148205
I think that very people understand how to thus sort of conditioning anymore. I'm unsure if it was always the case

Anonymous No. 148213

>>148205
I read it was fashionable in Brazil after bjj got popular to intentionally give yourself cauliflower ear because it made you look tougher

Anonymous No. 148216

>>148213
https://youtu.be/jrkTa4WLrUQ
https://youtu.be/RYrQuaBXnZc

Anonymous No. 148242

>>147509
I read somewhere that Mas Oyama's hands had gotten so arthritic over time he couldn't even pull his blanket up when he went to bed.

Anonymous No. 148264

>>147513
That shit triggers my trypophobia. thank you.

Anonymous No. 148265

>>148213
Which is ironic because cauliflower ear comes from getting hit and repeated abrasions
It makes you look like you cant fight

It's the guy with the good ears to watch out for. Hiding his power level

Anonymous No. 148279

>>148265
Deformed ears is just a sign of experience. It's why rugby players and wrestlers sometimes wear those funky looking caps.
It's like having a Mensur scar.

Anonymous No. 148303

>>148279
Yes, experience of frequently losing.
>>148265
Ironically it also means they're pussies because they cant just get their fucking eats slit like everybody else.

Anonymous No. 148321

>>148279
the most common white belt injury actually requiring medical intervention in jiujitsu is cauliflower ear
if you're getting repeated abrasions it means you're getting your head stuck frequently and just pulling it out instead of breaking the grips correctly

Anonymous No. 148544

>>148265
>>148303
>>148321
Sometimes we're worse than reddit. This is one of those times.

Anonymous No. 150279

Literally no point. At most, you harden them to a marginal degree over the course of an absurd period of time. You will not hit harder, and anything you'd do that'd break your hand will break not because of force but because of improper technique.

Anonymous No. 150867

>>148264
>afraid of bees
You are a faggot, you shouldn’t browse fighting threads

Anonymous No. 150875

It's from a time when you wouldn't have nearly as much access to regular bag work, pad work, all day/week sparring opportunities, or been fighting with gloves and wraps. A lifetime of plumbing or most kinds of carpentry will achieve similar results.