220x220

1684894487602472.png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 148071

what martial art would be best suited for me
>193cm
>220 lbs
>want to develop discipline
also, is it possible to learn through videos from my house? there isn't anything near me that offers the opportunity to learn a martial art like dojos and stuff.

Anonymous No. 148072

You can do this through exercise alone P90X or "insanity" workout programs fit your bit. Even if you follow a stretching routine daily you will become more disciplined

>also, is it possible to learn through videos from my house
Not really. You will have no feedback and so could be teaching yourself entirely wrong

If you want a martial art specifically your height and weight are pretty irrelevant. Muay Thai would get you fit and is practical

Anonymous No. 148125

>>148071
>what martial art would be best suited for me
Whatever one you find interesting enough to stick with. Someone who’s actively training point karate is a better martial artist than someone who picked up Muay Thai for a week and then quit.
>training alone
Shiggydiggy. You need an instructor to tell you what you’re doing wrong and make corrections. Moreover, since fighting is by nature an activity involving at least two people you’re going to need training partners to do it properly. Instructional videos can be useful as a supplement once you already have some idea of what you’re doing, but it’s not going to be super helpful for someone without that background experience.

Anonymous No. 148155

>>148071
>there isn't anything near me that offers the opportunity to learn a martial art like dojos and stuff
Are you sure? Do you live in the middle of nowhere?
Any of the main MMA martial arts would be good (judo, bjj, kickboxing, muay thai, wrestling)

Image not available

687x369

stupid.jpg

Anonymous No. 148195

>also, is it possible to learn through videos from my house?