Image not available

498x498

pepe-the-frog-run....gif

🧵 Why running away advocated so much in the Martial Arts community?

Anonymous No. 148416

I'm tired of seeing smug redditors and quora posters getting upvotes for just telling people to be cowards and thinking they're so fucking clever. What is so damn intriguing about being a coward and running of your problems instead of facing them solving things like a warrior would?

Anonymous No. 148417

>>148416
Beats getting shot, stabbed, or finding out martial arts training doesn't do shit against a wild urban youth that has nothing to loose and would do anything to smash your head against a curb.

Image not available

671x370

tumblr_inline_nx2....png

Anonymous No. 148418

>>148417
that's why you literally train until you can face and avoid gun fire and prepare for any an all situations. Why are you so weak minded? Where is your ambition?

Image not available

590x775

s'truth.jpg

Anonymous No. 148427

Anonymous No. 148433

It's easier.

If anything, learning how to run and divert somebody so you can take them down more effectively from behind is better.

Anonymous No. 148434

It's a cop out answer and a red flag that the instructor doesnt respect your intelligence or worse yet really values his own
Probably the kind of guy that really likes to hear himself talk with 15 minute sermons at the end of class

You should always try to run away from danger, also don't forget to breathe plenty of oxygen and sleep at least once a day

🗑️ Anonymous No. 148436

>>148416
Because it's easier for someone to stab you than it is not get stabbed yourself. In general, if you're a bad situation, it's because someone go the drop on you.

This is to say nothing of dealing with niggers, where you can win and the nigger's friends will all jump you anyway.

Anonymous No. 148574

>>148416
It’s retarded and people who say this shit are retarded. It’s one thing to avoid confrontation, it’s a completely different thing to “run away” from it. By the time you ought to be “running away” there’s a good chance the attack is already in progress and if you’re not physically capable winning the fight you’re probably not going to outrun them either. It also doesn’t take shit into account like “what if I’m out with my wife and kids?” Are you just going to “run away” when a pedophile comes to abduct your kids? Fucking retard shit to the max.

I really wish Normies would get it through their heads that you can tell people not to go out looking for fights because it’s unnecessarily dangerous without encouraging them to “just run away” from any and all problems. Also, anyone who says this shot probably doesn’t run that well anyways

Anonymous No. 148579

I like how the same people who hold these martial arts get-togethers to improve self-confidence for the fighters and preserve knowledge of their respective art will preach how you should immediately run away when in a confrontation with someone and not use your training in any instance besides at the gym you're paying $110 a month.

Anonymous No. 148581

>>148579
You are going to get stabbed or shot imbecile

Image not available

808x1020

training.png

Anonymous No. 148582

Anonymous No. 148583

>>148581
Doing what? Why would I just get shot or stabbed? What am I doing that would make get shot or stabbed?

Anonymous No. 148584

>>148579
k. enjoy your assault and battery charge. also, what should kids and beginners do?

Anonymous No. 148586

>>148584
What are you talking about? Who said anything about assaulting people?

Anonymous No. 148587

>short ginger kid getting bullied every day relentlessly in school
>gets shoved around and has things stolen
>called a faggot just because
>signs up for karate class to learn self defense
>so what you need to do is always avoid a fight and run away
>sir they're literally physically assaulting me on a daily basis
>well if you plan to use these skills for violence I'm afraid I cannot train you

Anonymous No. 148591

>>148416
Most "martial artists" are just people to happen to do it as a hobby and they're shitters when it comes to actually fighting for real
t. knower

Image not available

1080x883

run.jpg

Anonymous No. 148592

>>148416
Maybe you have the skills to probably win 9 in 10 fights, but running is useful for creating as much distance as you can between you and that 10th man, the man who you're probably not going to beat.

Maybe you don't get away, but running's still worth a try assuming you have the cardio to handle a little running - either it works and the problem's now far away, or you're just back to fighting again so it's not like your situation's gotten much worse.

Also running's legally useful: from the legal system's perspective, if you try running and you still end up in a fight, you basically now have carte blanche to do whatever the fuck you want to your adversary, no holds barred and no rules, because you tried peacefully escaping and it didn't work.

Anonymous No. 148603

>>148418
Stop watching anime

Anonymous No. 148607

it's something you tell new people so they don't get their shit kicked in and their skull split open on concrete because they think they're Bruce Lee after training for one semester

if a new guy starts at the gym who is 120kg ripped as fuck and clearly has bigger balls than brains then nobody is going to tell him "if somebody is mean just run away :) be humble" because even if he fucking sucks at fighting at least he's strong as shit and just knowing how to throw punches and do a mount escape/defend a choke is enough for him to kill most people he'll encounter in the streets with relative ease

Anonymous No. 148621

>tell someone to run away
>don't wind up in court when someone finds out the guy who beat them shit out of them is trained by you

Image not available

2849x2598

1684881963902630.jpg

Anonymous No. 148633

>>148416
>i'm not going to run! i'm going to kick this guy's a-
And then you realize he had friends when you're lying concust. The order of operations in desending importance is shoot -> egress -> stab -> club -> maim -> babby ego fist fight. If some fuck tries to attack me, I'm just going to do whatever makes me the safest fastest. If he sprints up trying to punch me, I'm still going to whip out a cc or my lil ka-bar

Anonymous No. 148676

>>148592
Nigga what am I fighting in there? SCP-173?

Anonymous No. 148679

>>148633
>lil ka-bar

More like you're gonna take off your pants and stick your ass out.

Anonymous No. 148683

What happened to bar fights anyway? It seems like 20 years ago, even Ivy League guys were getting into fights at bars - and now, it's just niggers brawling, which ends up in someone getting shot or stabbed way more.

Image not available

334x266

fight.gif

Anonymous No. 148691

>>148683
Smartphones with cameras in every pocket.

You have yourself a bar fight in 2002 as an everyman, you get away with it every time. There's no evidence it ever happened besides injuries, which could've come from anyone, and even if you're linked to the scene, It's "he said she said" about who started things, cops know it was probably mutual combat and aren't that interested in policing it unless someone's dead or absolutely brutalized past the point of a normal fisticuff, and the only witnesses are drunk retards that want to spectate, and the guy you're fighting, and no one's testimony is worth shit because they're all drunk and it's dark outside. Even linked to the scene you can deny everything even if they're a snitch rat bastard and you're probably home free with a good lawyerr.

You have a bar fight in 2023, five smartphones are gonna come out and start recording every move, every word, every fine detail. It's going on social media. By end of the week, your boss sees it, maybe you lose your job, your wife or girl sees it, maybe you lose your girl, your friends see it, maybe they don't wanna associate with you - it's just infinitely higher risk to have a fight like that today if you're leading a good life.

There are some holdouts in poorer areas where phone and internet access is spottier, being "unprofessional" doesn't count against you because you're not a professional, and areas where toughness is seen as desirable to signal due to local conditions, but largely, the age of the barfight's over.

Anonymous No. 148692

>>148683
I spend time at a local dive bar and what I've noticed is an argument occurs and then both people just posture until a bouncer steps in to break it up.

Gone are the days where fists are thrown or people "take it outside."

Still have gang fights at bars but that's mostly biker fans or black/Hispanic gangs and they always end with weapons out.

Anonymous No. 148694

>>148683
They still exist, niggers invaded a lot of but not all of them are just shootouts.

Go out into the countryside, and I don't mean like a small town outside of your city, I mean like Good Grief, Idaho or Billings, Montana. You wanna know what a barfight is? Go there.

Anonymous No. 148695

>>148416
Bar fights still happen but like anons already pointed out nowadays it usually devolves into all out brawls with dudes getting glassed and ganked.

Anonymous No. 148697

>>148691
>By end of the week, your boss sees it, maybe you lose your job, your wife or girl sees it, maybe you lose your girl, your friends see it, maybe they don't wanna associate with you - it's just infinitely higher risk to have a fight like that today if you're leading a good life

I don't think really happens unless it's against a black guy and you're screaming nigger in their face while smashing in their head.

If you got into some fight and it was recorded, 9 times out of 10, nothing is going to happen. The cops don't give a shit about some brawl in a bar and are probably not going to make a report for it because it's so low priority (at least where you're from and how the police see those kinds of things.)

I don't think your life is going to be ruined by someone recording you fighting another guy in a dive bar. At worst, you'll be top post on Reddit for like 2 days and that's if you fight was specifically note-worthy. People have the attention span of gnats, unless your fight is starting a global riot, you'll probably be forgotten about within 72 hours.

Anonymous No. 148698

>>148683
nobody goes to bars anymore

why would they? they all are shit

Anonymous No. 148700

>>148436
Room temperature IQ take. Yeah, he has to assume you're all retarded because a middle-aged suburban dad is gonna teach you shit about street fighting.

Yeah, those little shithead urban youths don't know the ancient 4000 year old art of diquawdo, but they have ten years experience on you and go zero to a hundred with no prep. No ki. No squaring up. Both of you existing in the same place and catching you slipping, is all a street thug needs to get one good swing in.

If your a full grow adult and haven't moved on to practical training there's no helping you. You need to be able go at anytime, not deciding whether to run and fight while your opponent waits for you.

Anonymous No. 148701

>>148700
What falls in the category of "ancient 4000 year old art of diquawdo"?

Anonymous No. 148703

Street fights don't exist anymore, everyone uses knifes or guns instead

Anonymous No. 148704

>>148691
>You have a bar fight in 2023, five smartphones are gonna come out and start recording every move, every word, every fine detail. It's going on social media. By end of the week, your boss sees it, maybe you lose your job, your wife or girl sees it, maybe you lose your girl, your friends see it, maybe they don't wanna associate with you - it's just infinitely higher risk to have a fight like that today if you're leading a good life.

I hate anarcho-tyranny. The worst scum on having nothing to lose, so they get away with it with impunity. If a normal person wallops the scumbag, they lose their job and the process becomes the punishment.

Anonymous No. 148707

>>148703
that's mostly true, if you're above college age and still going places where people have fist fights you got a problem
fights are kid shit, they aren't real

Anonymous No. 148709

>>148703
Good, times are evolving. The best fighting techniques are to use your surroundings and improvise.

If you can show me a martial art that involves grabbing the nearest kitchen knife and using a granite countertop as a move, I'll sign up.

Anonymous No. 148710

>>148703
jesus christ where the fuck do you people live? Libera?

Anonymous No. 148716

>>148709
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosX7L25HV8

Anonymous No. 148735

>>148716
Unironically the best self-defense video.

Anonymous No. 148736

>>148676
existential dread

Anonymous No. 148755

>>148581
>>148584
I have fought in the street more than once and never been stabbed shot or arrested. What is your response to this?

Anonymous No. 148757

>>148683
They still happen you’re just on a website where people don’t socialize
>t. Former bar cook

Anonymous No. 148758

>>148755
I've had knives come out in fights before but they were always a bluff and too bitch to use it
Have been hit with a bat though
Took it on the arm and shrugged that right off, wasn't too bad

Anonymous No. 148768

>>148700
>You need to be able to go at any time
Is different from
>Having retarded fantasies about who on the street you could kill if you felt like it
At that point you're probably the aggressor and the escalator and your ass is more likely than not the one that belongs in jail

Anonymous No. 148895

>>148757
I mean more in the sense that bar fights seem to largely be a thing of the past for people outside of America's underclass - whereas before, in the 80s for example, it wasn't unheard of Ivy League students to end up in barfights. People above a certain class seem to have stopped fighting, whereas that wasn't the case even within living memory.

Anonymous No. 148903

If channers actually express this confrontational behavior against real people they all get killed or beaten

Anonymous No. 148911

>>148903
Not everyone on the chons is a limp wristed faggot like you

Anonymous No. 148917

>>148911
Nobody is bullet-proof

Anonymous No. 148918

>>148917
Not everybody is scared of physical confrontation you soiboy. Nigga moments arenr exclusive to coons.

Image not available

567x442

848A30F5-3B6A-454....jpg

Anonymous No. 148919

>>148917
>you have to run away from a man raping your wife because he might have a gun and shoot you
People like you should be forcibly castrated. Hell, you’d probably do it voluntarily.

Anonymous No. 148923

We need more badasses like you OP in here making terrible posts.

Anonymous No. 148928

>>148917
Clearly you have not met me, I am the main character in your world.

Anonymous No. 148929

>>148923
Thank you '4Channel Voice of Reason'™®©