Image not available

1280x720

maxresdefault (30).jpg

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ ๐Ÿงต Oblique kick

Anonymous No. 148785

I used to think oblique kick is supposed to hit the knee and kicking the tigh is a miss or an act of mercy but then I saw how Rountree broke Bukauskas' knee with an oblique kick to his tigh. Does it mean the tigh is the best place to kick or is this just as good or almost as good as kick to the knee?

Also, do you think oblique kicks should be banned?

Anonymous No. 148786

I just want the name banned. It's a quad stomp.

Anonymous No. 148830

>>148785
>10/04/16
Idk, no one ever used that consistently against me and i never seen someone using it well in UFC and stuff like that

Anonymous No. 148986

>>148786
I thought I was the only autist who hated the name. I thought commentators were retarded the first time I heard it, thinking they were trying to use a fancy work for thigh like quadriceps but got it mixed up with obliques and it stuck. I guess it's distinct enough not to be lumped in with the term 'leg kick' but 'knee kick' is too hard to swallow for the casuals

Anonymous No. 148989

>>148986
It's just aggravating because no one refers to the VMO as oblique. Especially when half the time, guys who are accurate enough to reliably hit the quad still aren't accurate enough to hit that part, as seen in the OP hitting dead center. It's also almost always way more of a teep than a "true" kick. In common parlance, fighting, and most of the medical/science use, an oblique kick would logically be to the abdominal obliques.

Anonymous No. 149062

>>148785
Unless I'm retarded and I've been misunderstanding oblique kick for 5+ years, the oblique kick is supposed to tear ligaments by hyperextending or otherwise moving the knee joint side to side in the directions its not supposed to go. It has nothing to do with kicking the actual knee

Anonymous No. 149294

I mean that is a powerful kick that does exactly what it promises to do
it fucks up opponent's knee

if your strain of competitive martial art wishes to have combatants with working knees, then it should be banned

I usually do that kick to the stomach

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 152834

Ok

Anonymous No. 154614

>>152834
What?

Anonymous No. 155572

>>154614
Sure >>148785
ok>>148786
Sure

Anonymous No. 157530