Image not available

225x547

66ca555b4a6dd97d4....jpg

๐Ÿงต The effect of shoes in street fights

Anonymous No. 148827

Most ppl say that kicks don't work in street fights but no one takes in consideration the shoes

Harder shoes or boots make the kick very deadly or not?

I wonder if someone can take a bodyshot kick and still stand from someone with shoes

I would even say something else, most ppl use jeans and it can be used against you for grappling purposes, jeans don't rip apart that easily they work like belts in bjj or judo so you could be grabed

What do you think?

Anonymous No. 148828

>>148827
I am a very good taekwondo guy, like top 10% (lot of years competing even with olimpic guys) but Idk the answer desu cause I never tested shit like that

Anonymous No. 148831

>>148827
>Most ppl say that kicks don't work in street fights
that's total kicklet lore
I wouldn't wear boots because they'll lock your ankles up and cause problems to your mechanics. They make taekwondo shoes which are designed to be worn when kicking so you can wear those around if you want
in street beefs they wear regular sneakers and it's fine.
mostly I just wear canvass slip ons everywhere I go, low profile and light, wont mess anything up for me

Anonymous No. 148855

>>148831
>that's total kicklet lore
Agree

I only use all stars cause the tip of it is hard af and the heel too also I feel safer when kicking with it

Anonymous No. 148869

>>148831
>boots
Agreed. Boots are counterintuitive to use if youre a kicker. With most of them having solid or steel tips youd think theyd be good for front thrust or spear kicks but they fuck up your ankle and toe positioning. Theyre only really good for soccer kicks and stomps at which point you are flirting with an attempted murder charge.

Anonymous No. 148870

>>148869
yes, boots are bad for everything desu, I can't see any benefit for it even going out and working running is awfull with it

Anonymous No. 148883

>>148827
>I wonder if someone can take a bodyshot kick and still stand from someone with shoes
Some people can take almost anything. Michael Lee Platt took 6 bullets and then killed 2 cops.

Nevertheless, kicks are effective in self defense. I remember having a street fight which lasted for just 1 second because I knocked out the aggressor with a teep to his solar plexus before he grabbed my torso or whatever he tried to do.

If you think about using kicks in self defence, you need to check how high do your jeans allow you to kick because if you kick too high, you may fall onto the ground. If you wanna use kicks that require bending your toes, like front kick to the chin, you should also check if you can do it in your shoes without breaking your toes.

Anonymous No. 148884

>>148883
Well in that case you mention not even the biggest hook would knock the guy out hahahahaha

this stuff about kicking with the tip toes is true

they say that Karate kicks using the instep are meant for training but for self defence they're meant to be used using the tip of the toe

Anonymous No. 148885

>>148884
>tip of the toe
I don't think it's a good idea. Wearing shoes doesn't make your toes inderstuctible.

Anonymous No. 148889

>>148885
I know I've tryed it and got fucked this requires lots of training and conditioning I guess

Anonymous No. 148892

Shoes are very important, but in the sense they were actually designed for. Gripping the ground. In that sense, shoe choice should match expected conditions. Boots may be shit to kick in, but they're gonna keep you upright on snowy pavement.

Anonymous No. 148915

>>148827
I have some boots with sharp tips I fantasize about kicking someone in the temple with. I am a Muay Thai guy but I prefer to box. I see a ton of problems with my usual wear. Jeans and boots. My only hope is the other guy isnt a fighter. If they rush to get me in the ground I can knee or teep them in the head. Otherwise I can outbox them to the ground while I stand. Then I can kick them with the sharp tip. That'd be great.

Anonymous No. 149005

>>148915
Have you ever thought of throwing a round house body shot with it? do you think anyone can handle that shit ?

Anonymous No. 149017

>>148827
Check out savate, French kick boxing where they wear rubber tipped shoes

Anonymous No. 149043

>>148892
So boots are good for non-kickers?

Anonymous No. 149208

>>148827
Kicking in street fights is very dependent. Wearing converses and baggy cargo pants while standing on dry grass, you're probably good to kick.

Wearing fag shoes and suit pants while standing on smooth wet concrete is a different story.

Most important part about the shoe is how it grips and how it flexes around the foot of the kicker. A lot less to do with hardness.

Anonymous No. 149295

kicks are pretty high risk high reward stuff

if you are fast, then they can connect
if you are slow, then they can be catched

shoes add weight to your feet, which in turn makes them slower
on the other hand (or foot haha) the add more power to the kick if they actually connect

another thing is the grip to ground
how much can you reliably spin on ground while still maintaining a solid contact?
concrete, sand, grass, ice and snow act all very differently with different shoes. Add moistness to it and you get a whole another set of materials

how much can you move your ankle?
with sneakers, you have full range of movements, but with boots you are restricted to pushing kicks (and knee kicks)

i am that much of a boomer now, that i wouldn't consider doing kicks above waist line other than pushing kicks. you just never know how the ground acts and your muscles move. if you can't do it on ice, don't try it elsewhere

Anonymous No. 149306

>>149295
>if you can't do it on ice, don't try it elsewhere
Dumb retard. I guess I shouldn't kinetically link my punches with the floor huh? Cause if you do that on ice you're gonna fall.
Kys.

Anonymous No. 149313

>>149306
you can't punch on ice
and yet you call me a retard

curious.

Anonymous No. 149321

>>149313
You can't throw a punch worth shit on ice.
Why do you think infighter boxers use rubber sole shoes while outboxers prefer using leather sole shoes? They need a good grip to be able to deliver a high volume of powerful punches. The grippier soles makes it harder to shuffle around, but that's what outboxers do.
Point is, if you are on slippery ice, unoess you have spiked shoes you can't throw a punch with singificant power. Do you even fight?

Anonymous No. 149404

>>149017
A savate guy with a decently solid shoe, God help you a boot with a solid tip, will literally kill anyone with those kicks. Can't even check the kicks because they're breaking whatever they hit with a solid boot. You can soccer kick a brick wall with a good pair of working boots and the most you'll hurt is your ankle. Steel tipped = everything shatters. Frogs used to kick each other to death on the docks and that's where Savate originated. Super cool art that uses a low-key weapon nobody views as being one.

Anonymous No. 149414

>>148827
I kick a heavy bag with shoes on all the time it definitely protects your feet

Anonymous No. 149566

>>148827
I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding why it's a bad idea generally to kick in a street fight most of the time.
It's not due to footwear, it's due to the high risk of being on one foot in a uncontrolled chaotic situation on concrete.
It doesn't take a high level of skill to catch a kick and dump someone on their head. And it takes a huge amount of skill to be sure you can pick out exactly when you can throw a kick above belt hight without complications.
Basically for the vast majority of people throwing kicks fails the risk/reward analysis. Shoes don't factor in much. It's about not getting dumped on your head or slipping from a missed kick on uneven ground you aren't used to kicking on and getting blasted by a hard counter.

Anonymous No. 149567

>>148827
What

Anonymous No. 152887

>>149567
The shoes man

Anonymous No. 153059

>>148827
The only shoe I buy nowadays is steel toe. And they make steel toe work shoes with steal shanks too. Theyre low cut enough to still use your ankle too.
>read thread
Lol at all the fucking retards thinking you have to compromise your footwear.

Anonymous No. 153165

>>149208
>fag pants
Stretch fit jeans feel so good when kicking. I wonder if there I a list of fighting clothes or clothes loose enough to fight properly in.

Anonymous No. 153168

>>148831
>boots
You could Anderson Silva front kick a manlet into space with steelcap boots

Anonymous No. 153187

>>148827
>most ppl use jeans and it can be used against you for grappling purposes, jeans don't rip apart that easily they work like belts in bjj or judo so you could be grabed
If that's the case, i'm going to immediately take off my jeans when i get in a fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNLJwwJtuW0