Image not available

720x960

159742284_1454406....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 149156

Would it be better to train a certain martial art first to have a good base before training mma/ a complementary style? Or just train mma from the get go?

I want to have a specialization, but at the same time, I think it would be better if I just focus on being good overall, and transitioning or cross training may be hard.

Anonymous No. 149159

Depends on your learning capacity and why you're doing it. It may seem counterintuitive, but if you want to fight as a potential profession, you're actually better off with a single base to work from if you're not a natural athlete. And then mixing it up from there.

Anonymous No. 149160

>>149156
There is a bjj gym in my town and they teach mma simply by having kickboxing and wrestling classes in addition to bjj ones so if you join a gym like this, you will automatically have a base in bjj, although I don't think it's a perfect form of mma training because it means you never take mma classes. You just take bjj, kickboxing and wrestling classes.

Anonymous No. 149209

>>149156
If you're a complete spaz then yes.

Start with some form of grappling like Wrestling or Judo, because it'll help you develop some basic hand-eye co-ordination and balance but won't require all the flexibility of kickboxing or muay thai.