Image not available

635x358

images (3) (7).jpg

๐Ÿงต Well, /xs/?

Anonymous No. 149432

Anonymous No. 149843

>>149432
Standing split is good for snap downs and whizzer kicks. I'm a fan of the applicability of yoga to martial arts

Anonymous No. 149848

Yoga is a pseudo-religious practice that tricks white women into praying to demons

Having a systematized stretch and isometric exercise protocol to build mobility and strength at extreme ranges of motion is a great thing
Yoga has a lot of other spiritual bullshit involved in it too however, and the poses arent in any way designed to be optimized for exercise, they are chosen as a ritualistic way to pray to the aforementioned demons

Conceivably someone like a physical therapist could put together much better generalized routines for athletic purposes

Anonymous No. 150280

Yoga, like all Chigong, is purely health practice that could be considered artistic at most. It's why Taichiquan exists, as it incorporates the "martial" aspect of "martial arts". Not super good for application in the martial field, mind you, but it is nonetheless. Yoga, on its own, though, is not a martial art.

Anonymous No. 152185

I'd love to know the application of that move on a fight.

Anonymous No. 152192

>>152185
I believe they are talking about yoga as supplemental physical training, not some sort of solo Kata or technique

Anonymous No. 152194

>>149848
Yeh the whole getting in poses for the ancient babylonian death cult side really caught me by surprise

Anonymous No. 152199

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRf0ABwLBBE

Anonymous No. 152201

Isometric bodyweight work is good for just about everything. But like weight training, you don't really need as much of it with active fighters/boxers/grapplers etc as other physical ventures. 1, 2 half hour sessions a week for the serious practitioner. Or short daily sessions with some variance in poses. If you're less active in training, then frequent sessions will certainly be more viable.

Anonymous No. 152202

>>149432
No.

Anonymous No. 152212

This combo is great for fucking. Not much else beyond that.

Image not available

388x600

dhalsim.png

Anonymous No. 152874

Yoga flame