Image not available

1363x2048

bhwr.jpg

๐Ÿงต Backhold Wrestling

Anonymous No. 150998

What do you guys think about backhold wrestling? This style of folk wrestling was popular in England,Scotland,Ireland,Iceland,Sardinia... The over-under clinch is also applied in most belt wrestling styles. You can do Judo type trips, throws and sweeps, plus bodylock takedowns. I have tried it out with some friends and it's great fun to do it in grass. I urge you guys to try it out.

Anonymous No. 151002

>>150998
Glima is good. i like.

Anonymous No. 151075

>>150998
I love it, I love Collar and Elbow too. That said I've never really been able to play it, my family is Irish-Scottish emmigrants with a memory of the game and a vague idea how it's played but we never really played it much.

I don't really know anyone else interested in playing it now days, else I would be playing it still.

Anonymous No. 151122

If it's gonna make a comeback with any crowd, I'd expect the highland games types to be the most receptive.

Anonymous No. 151146

>>151122
I wish it would turn mainstream, with tournaments like ADCC but for this type of wrestling. Seems more entertaining than BJJ.

Anonymous No. 151149

>>151146
Specific folk styles like this are usually relegated to a very niche audience, and the occasional study session by people on their way to World's. Maybe with the collar and elbow, you'll see that with judo. But sumo isn't even mainstream, and that's huge with it's home crowd. The AD part of ADCC is pretty important to it's promotional capability, even without all the actively training adults.

Anonymous No. 153522

>>150998
Pretty neat