Image not available

640x508

emoji-shooting-wh....gif

🗑️ 🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 151358

>Live in major US city
>Want to Kickbox
>Literally every kickboxing school is polluted with Muay thai or just muay thai
>Can't find any french kickboxing, Dutch kickboxing, Sanda, Karate karate kickbboxing,etc

Oh god bros, I'm tired of the muay thai meme

Anonymous No. 151360

Stop being a bitch and do Muay thai, it's objectively better than kick boxing.

Anonymous No. 151361

>>151360
nah I'm good

Anonymous No. 151368

>>151358
I would be more surprised if you could find a Savate gym, it’s already hard to find in France

Anonymous No. 151369

>>151358
Just do muay thai and focus on boxing

Anonymous No. 151370

>>151368
I don't know where people get the idea that it was ever anything big. It's like being angry that you can't find a Bokh instructor without being in Mongolia.

Anonymous No. 151371

>>151358
MMA gyms have kickboxing classes.
Sounds like you're either retarded or an autist that is finding excuses to not train (for the first time?)

Anonymous No. 151372

>>151371
even mma places that teach kickboxing actually just teach muay thai, fuck off

Anonymous No. 151373

>>151372
Why do you dislike muay thai so much? Don't you wanna elbow people's teeth out?

Anonymous No. 151378

>>151372
You don't know what you're talking about. MMA gyms usually have classes for both, with separate instructors for each. Incredible how much this board is infested with lazy chuds

Anonymous No. 151390

>>151372
You're just stubborn which comes from being generally stupid. Stop being a faggot and just do what's available
>boohoo I can't do kickboxing, the only available thing I can learn is kick boxing but better ):
You're stupid ass.

Anonymous No. 151393

muay thai was a flash in the pan in 2006 during the time when karate schools changed their names to say MMA on the sign instead and then disappeared back to where it came from

name 5 muay thai fighters in title contention in the UFC right now

Anonymous No. 151427

kickboxing outside of de Nederlånds sucks, it’s dumbed down muay thai for a karate clientele

Anonymous No. 151428

>>151358
Most places in the US that claim to teach Muay Thai just teach kickboxing and call it Muay Thai.

Anonymous No. 151430

>>151393
In title contention?
Jon Jones
Valentina Shevchenko
Cyril Gane
Johny Walker (ranked #5 so kind of in contention?)

and honorable mentions to
Anderson Silva
Jose Aldo
Carlos Conduit
Joahna Jejdrejejjjjjkkzkzkzk
Edson Barbosa
Tony Ferguson
Demetrious Johnson

Unless you meant PURE Muay Thai fighters who do zero grappling or style mixing.

Anonymous No. 151431

>>151430
but you see how most of your list is has beens and people on the way out? that's my point

Anonymous No. 151433

>>151431
MMA is just evolving into an even more grappling heavy game at the title contention range with the occasional standout for striking. Saying Muay Thai is a flash in the pan, when every GOAT contender minus Khabib had Muay Thai as their striking style, is a bit silly.

Anonymous No. 151436

>>151433
But did they have muay thai, or did they just have kickboxing with elbows and knees
It's an important distinction
I see way more karate based striking than muay thai the quicker snappier footwork just lends itself better to the environment than the heavy planted style of muay thai

Anonymous No. 151447

>>151428
Most of the rest of the world too. Their clinch comes from Greco guys because of how much more generally that's available at a high level internationally . It's why Silva's was considered so magical. Most people weren't used to the far more upright and tight style Thais use.

Anonymous No. 151484

>>151358
Just do Muay Thai then you fucking faggot. Everyone who says they do Dutch kickboxing or some other niche meme style on this board is probably lying or just happens to live in the only area that has a school in 1000 mile radius. Besides, when it comes to actual fighting the slight differences between styles is not a huge factor. There’s only so many ways the human body can move and all kickboxing styles after a certain point start to resemble each other.

Image not available

944x930

77AE96F5-C18C-4BD....jpg

Anonymous No. 151485

>>151361
You’re not good, you’re a wannabe who doesn’t train.
>>151372
It’s literally the other way around. Mma places claim to teach Muay Thai and then just teach regular ass mixed style kickboxing.

Go train.

Anonymous No. 151494

>>151485
Yeah there is surprisingly little traditional muay thai available in the west. It's mostly white guys teaching kickboxing with knees (rarely elbows, banned in most rulesets). They might have trained in Thailand for a bit but they don't tend to teach that plodding thai style. "Muay thai" is a marketing term at 90% of western gyms because the local competitive circuit isn't actually muay thai rules. It's kickboxing or MMA.

Unless you have a specific competitive track in mind this shouldn't matter a whole lot to you. If you're a hobbyist this is basically meaningless. You should just go hit some pads.

Anonymous No. 151576

>>151436
>I see way more karate based striking than muay thai the quicker snappier footwork just lends itself better to the environment than the heavy planted style of muay thai
Lmao you dont even watch mma

Anonymous No. 151577

>>151358
You sound like a poser. Someone genuinely interested in fighting/martial arts/etc wouldn't be so prideful that they would decline to train at all just because they can't find anyone playing exactly how they prefer.
>>151360
>>151485
>>151494
This, unless you have your heart set on competing in competitions specifically for the style you want, then it's dumb to get hung up on stupid shit, like style. Just find a good gym & train. That's how a lot of styles have evolved over time. Unless you're some kind of purist practicing to preserve your style of preference being narrow-minded like OP is fucking stupid. Some training is better than no training. Prove me wrong.
>Protip
>You can't

Anonymous No. 151580

>>151576
all of your great stand up technicians have been karatekas or doing something in that family
muay thai was your forest griffin brawler types that live and die by their chin and just stand in the pocket to trade shots

Anonymous No. 151628

>>151580
>proves me right