Image not available

602x995

weapons.jpg

🧵 type of hit per body part

Anonymous No. 151790

Is there any martial art or combatives (military) which teaches a specific type of strike of a specific body part of the opponent? Unlike boxing or muay thai etc, where any hit can in theory be used for any targeted zone.
For example; using the palm against the nose and never a first or elbow, or always targeting the teeth (mouth) with an elbow, quick front-low kick against the shin ,etc?
Maybe some schools of karate or kung-fu teach this system and chart of using attacks?

Anonymous No. 151837

throw them so you can hit everything on their body with the earth

Anonymous No. 151853

Karate is your best bet, though it might take a while.
All of those are broadly karate. Though many others exist.
I'm fond of striking with the two first joints on my middle and index fingers. Gives me more range, and good precision.

Anonymous No. 151860

>>151790
That’s retarded and pointlessly complicated

Image not available

1080x2460

Screenshots_2023-....png

Anonymous No. 151868

>>151860
Palm strikes are safer than fists when fighting in uncertain conditions. Harder to break a bone or injure the tendons that run along the knuckles. Military style focus on palm strikes alot because even with an injured palm, as long as your fingers still work, you can grasp your weapon.

Chops/hammer fists are better for attacking targets at wide angles, because you dont have to space to maneuver for a straight shot so you need to concentrate more force into a smaller surface area. Or if it is a surprise attack & you're targeting vital areas. You can knock someone out with a chop to the formen magnum, see pic. The different hand forms might be very situational but theyre not without points.

Anonymous No. 151896

>>151868
Palm strikes are pretty retarded for most things and the only time I would use them is for ground and pound from angles it would be bad to hammer fist at but I risk breaking my hand on concrete if I throw punches. People throw punches in street fights all the time and are fine. I’ve personally done this. And if I have to break my hand in the process of laying a motherfucker down so be it.
>chops
lol, lmao
>hammer fists
Great and underrated strike. However the premise of the thread was having a specific special snowflake strike for every area of the body which is retarded.
> You can knock someone out with a chop to the formen magnum, see pic
You don’t need to use a “chop” to fuck a guy up hitting them in the back of the head.

Unironically do you have autism? You strike me as an over analyzing autist.

Anonymous No. 151900

>>151896
>chops
are for the cervical spine and throat
they actually aren't something to mess around with
it would be hard to justify their usage

Anonymous No. 151901

>>151900
You’re talking about hitting extremely small and moving targets when it comes to hitting the throat and you don’t need a “chop” to do it even if opportunity presents itself. You’re priorities are wrong if you’re actually trying to go for that target too because even though it’ll make you cough and may distract someone for a second you’re far better off putting a good shot on their chin and knocking them out.
>cervical spine
I don’t know what larp you’re trying to do where you thinking hitting someone from behind requires special training. I can punch someone in the back just fine.

Anonymous No. 151902

>>151900
This is not me
>>151896
I am a kinesiology undergrad on the brink of transfering to graduate studies so, yeah, I kinda am autistic about this. Someday I am going to make martial arts as common in collegiate sports as football or basketball. I hope.

Anonymous No. 151903

>>151902
Here’s the thing anon, your over analyzing of the what strikes would be most efficient for specific areas neglects to address the fact that a fight is conducted under stress. Even as a seasoned fighter your fine motor skills are going to be reduced in efficacy. It is far better to have a generalized plan for striking than it is specific. You’re not going to remember under stress every specific strike for every part of the body, but a general typology of strikes that can be applied to different areas can be conditioned into a fighter. This why we don’t see special snowflake karate strikes in mma but we see punches, hammer strikes, and sometimes palm strikes allied to different areas. I will advise you to consider that what is most effective is not necessarily what is most efficient in practical use.

Anonymous No. 151906

>>151901
hitting someone on the chin is a smaller target than the neck, and there's a reason you're not allowed to strike there in sports
the purpose of the chop instead of a fist is the point of impact is smaller so its a more concentrated blow to the area you're targeting

do you think chops hit with the fingers or something? it's the same impact point as when you use a hammer fist, just elongated instead of balled up

Anonymous No. 151907

>>151903
>This why we don’t see special snowflake karate strikes in mma but we see punches, hammer strikes, and sometimes palm strikes allied to different areas
literally impossible with the gloves designed to force your hand into a fist

Anonymous No. 151909

>>151903
Maybe instead of being an intellectual dullard & acting like we know all there is, we could still experiment with new methods & data, to see just how much more could be done. Maybe there is a yet undiscovered training method that could overcome some of what you mentioned. Do know how much time other sports get as far as research in academia? By comparison we know fuck all about martial arts.

Anonymous No. 151914

>>151909
sportification always ruins martial arts, always has
people have been doing MMA for a few years now and a meta that works well within the parameters of the sport has emerged, and so people decided the things that work best in that sport when 2 naked guys of the same stature wearing gloves and hand wraps in a cage are the only things worthwhile

Anonymous No. 151915

>>151907
There’s nothing stopping you from doing a stupid spear hand strike, people just don’t because it’s dumb. That said there is early mma and vale tudo today which proves you wrong. I would personally prefer if mma in general had no gloves or wraps at all but for whatever reason people won’t allow it.
>>151909
Anon the reason I responded to you honestly and politely the way I did is because I respect autists even if they have bizzare ideas that wouldn’t work in reality. I believe if there are new ideas about fighting that are to be figured out it will be the autists that figure it out first, and I encourage you to keep experimenting with these ideas. That said, I’m giving you the criticism I am because I am not a retard (I have a testable iq a standard deviation above most people) but because I don’t want you to get hyper focused on a dead end path. I honestly and Openly wish you luck in your research, but I’m speaking from a position of experience as a non-retard and medaled experienced fighter.

Anonymous No. 151916

>>151914
Shut the fuck up retard

Anonymous No. 151917

>>151915
If you're saying given the choice you would rather be chopped to the cervical spine or throat over being punched there then you're just being silly and your bias is preventing you from seeing clearly

Anonymous No. 151918

>>151917
I’m saying that under stress you will revert to your highest level of training and if you’ve focused training specific strikes as opposed to generalized strikes you will fail when the moment comes because when you train for a generalized scenario you can apply your high level skills to a larger number of situations. Look at this in practice. There’s nothing stopping people from doing spear hands strikes in mma, they just don’t because it’s inefficient to train that way.

Anonymous No. 151920

>>151918
Youre over complicating it
I'm sure you would admit you use different striking surfaces on your foot depending on the angle and result you're hoping to achieve with your kick
The top of the foot or base of the shin for a round kick or groin shot, the bottom of the heel for stomps, back of the heel for ax kicks, the instep for sweeps or crescent kicks, ball of the foot for front kicks just to name a few
These are all maneuvers done to success under stress all the time
So it's strange you would accept this as a fact but then deny the validity of using the hand in the same way

You're simply not allowed to use the hand in the same way in mma, never have been even in the early wild west days
Gouging and clawing has never been acceptable. It was basically the only rule aside from no biting
But I think jon jones despite the rules and equipment has more than proven the effectiveness of using fingers against small precise targets in a fight
Just imagine the damage if he was actually allowed to be doing it

Anonymous No. 151990

>>151920
> These are all maneuvers done to success under stress all the time
>So it's strange you would accept this as a fact but then deny the validity of using the hand in the same way
The difference is that there isn’t significant benefit using different types of hand strikes other than punches and hammer fists. We literally evolved to hit people in this way. I can’t think of a single time a “chop” would be better than a hammer fist and the only time People who know what they’re doing use palms is under weird rulesets like pancrase where closed fist strikes to the head weren’t allowed. Even in bare knuckle promotions people still used punches.
> You're simply not allowed to use the hand in the same way in mma, never have been even in the early wild west days
That’s objectively untrue. Go watch rio heroes. People could do weird kung fu strikes if they wanted to they just don’t because that’s dumb.
>Gouging and clawing has never been acceptable. It was basically the only rule aside from no biting
>But I think jon jones despite the rules and equipment has more than proven the effectiveness of using fingers against small precise targets in a fight
I’ll give you the eye pokes, but no one aside from retards are going to participate in a sport where there’s a significant chance of them losing an eye.

Anonymous No. 152002

>>151990
I reject the premise that not seeing it in challenge matches means it's not valid
The only question from my position is do you think the juice is worth the squeeze

For most people the answer is no, a punch is a good weapon and will almost always be good enough. But it might not always be the best possible one and I think OP is doing a thought experiment here.
Theres no question to me that the old men that have trained their hands and fingers to deliver strikes have a superior tool to a balled fist when striking vulnerable areas. For most people going through the process of turning your hand into a thick club with twisted gnarled fingers you could stab deeply into soft tissue with isnt worth the trouble

But for my own purposes, I use back fists all the time, and in grappling I will walk that line of slaps palm srikes and forearm clubs as much as I can
I've never personally tried to knife hand someone in the eye or chop his neck because I've never had an occasion where I'm seriously trying to put him in the hospital

Anonymous No. 152031

You should be more concerned about winning instead of how you want to win.

Anonymous No. 152036

OP, the biggest problem with the assumption like yours is that there's going to be a bit of a rock em sock em robot thing happening in a fight. Unless whatever opposition you're facing feels invincible and is exactly your height, this is unlikely to occur. The minute you're faced with someone who doesn't rely on a single stance or range, any reliance on a chart of what-goes-where is out the window. Whether or not certain hand shapes work becomes irrelevant, because you'll be facing someone who's controlling what's happening to everything else.

Anonymous No. 152049

Shhhh anons, let larper kun pretend he is hanma baki. I'm sure his totally legit "degree" is just around the corner and he'll revolutionize martial arts for all of us.

Anonymous No. 152051

>>151914
Kek but I'm sure you, a 300 pound no fight champ would nut kick them to death.

Anonymous No. 152055

wrestling, bjj and muay thai are all the martial arts you'll ever really need, everything else is just for gimmick, fun or further specialization

Anonymous No. 152071

>>152049
Not OP & kinesiology is a legit degree you fucking idiot. With how many fat fucks there are willing to pay someone to professionally tell them how fat they are & how to stop being fat sounds like a pretty cushy gig. Sounds like a good way to smash fatties. Or be a PE teacher and smash jailbait.

Anonymous No. 152077

>>152055
let's reduce that list a bit more
kickboxing and wrestling
bjj is a second tier art because submissions are unimportant, if you're in a position to submit you're in a position to strike as well, and getting off your back is infinitely more important than attacking from it
then muay thai doesn't do anything proprietary, any kind of clinching you get there you will already be superior at from wrestling

Anonymous No. 152079

>>152077
Dubs of truth. If you train more than submission escapes, you're a faggot. Only motivation to be down there is you like rolling around with dudes.

Anonymous No. 152081

>>152079
Someone who doesn't train posted these words. You can't "train escapes" without fucking understanding how things work, retard.

>>152077
You're also retarded but less than the other guy. Wrestling defaults to "get to referee position" from bottom, aka, being a power bottom.

Anonymous No. 152083

>>152081
Nope, ur a fag. Simple as. You dont need to practice getting the tap to know how to run from it. Ur just gay & butthurt that all it takes to make your shit useless is to not play your faggy game.

Anonymous No. 152089

I think we'd see more powerslaps and clubbing if mma was bare knuckle with no wraps. I don't think we'd see many palm heel strikes.

Anonymous No. 152090

>>152081
>You can't "train escapes" without fucking understanding how things work
untrue, if you have strong defensive grappling and don't let the other person dominate positions it doesn't matter how many submissions they know

if you're in referees position literally just stand up. Do you honestly believe anybody in bjj has the ability to hold down a wrestler?
bjj only works when people are agreeing to do bjj
if someone is completely avoidant and doesn't engage they can't do shit

Anonymous No. 152111

>>152090
>if someone is completely avoidant and doesn't engage they can't do shit
Pretty sure that's true for anything, and is the reason beatin' your feet is the greatest solution
t. track and field fag

Anonymous No. 152112

>>152083
>Simple as
Oh god its a britbong. Do you even have a license to be shit posting this hard? Also you clearly don't train

>>152090
>if you have strong defensive grappling
Now I don't speak retard, but please tell me how you develop this with no fucking knowledge whatsoever of how these submissions worm.

Anonymous No. 152114

>>152112
>Oh god its a britbong
Why do you think, "simple as," makes him british? Oh and you've done such a bang up job proving you train by being a critical faggot online. It's so stupid when idiots pull that shit. Just jump straight to posting pictures of the Gi you bought online so we'll all respect your opinion which totaly isn't just bullshit superficial obsevations of someone who wants to come off as some kind of mma keyboard warrior representative
>Now I don't speak retard, but please tell me how you develop this with no fucking knowledge whatsoever of how these submissions worm.
How do you think they can train with an emphasis on submission escapes without someone going for the tap? You're just a retarded bully putting words in peoples mouths so you can sound tough online.
>tldr; you're an incel virgin faggot & don't train.

Anonymous No. 152117

>>152111
You're right. Any martial artist will tell you, just run if there isn't anything worth dying for. But thats why BJJ & submission focused grappling is fucking stupid. Any real world situation where you're going along with the submission thing is fucking stupid. It's just a bunch of fucking grifters.
>inb4 You need to be humbled
This is like some faggot mental gymnastics when they try to get a straight guy to fuck them. BJJ fags go on about humility when thats codespeak for "let us humiliate you," then it becomes this cult with a bunch of insecure dudes who let it happen to them, so now theyre turning this "humility" into something to be proud of even though this humility comes from letting yourself be molested by sweaty dudes
>tldr; if you focus on submission grappling, you're probably a closeted homo

Anonymous No. 152122

>>151915
>Chops, palms, and Spear fingers
Kinda misrepresenting the issue. All those hand forms are allowed in MMA/UFC but, its not that theyre not used because theyre not effective, they are not used because the specific uses those hand forms are meant for are not allowed.
>The intentional targeting of vital areas such as the neck, groin, kidneys, etc
Using those handforms would basically be opening the door to disqualifications & penalties. Can't believe this shit really needs to be explained but...
>MMA/UFC/PRIDE/etc matches are sporting martial arts exhibitions
>They're not martial arts on their own
Shit like this is why.

Anonymous No. 152139

>>152112
The rules of grappling dont change based on what you're doing
If you're doing bjj you will never get dominant position against a wrestler that's earnestly trying to fight you

Anonymous No. 152154

>>152122
This kinda makes sense. Can you imagine the types of injuries we might have if dudes were throwing out chops to the neck as often as jabs. How many times can you take a chop in the neck from a pro before you start having serious problems. Like knockouts are bad enough but if they intentionally hammered your neck as much as they go head hunting? Think you'd be dead or paralyzed.

Anonymous No. 152155

>>152114
>Just jump straight to posting pictures of the Gi you bought online so we'll all respect your opinion
Not that anon, but its hard to believe randos are buying fake gis just to win arguments anonymously online

Anonymous No. 152157

>>152155
There are faggots in this world that dress up as soldiers for free meals on veterans day. Pretty sure the world is depraved enough for what I'm talking about. You realize you're talking about bullshido. Jackasses go through the effort of building entire industries around this crap.

Anonymous No. 152172

>>152157
>you dont even train
>yes I do
>post proof!
>[image of my training equipment]
>not good enough! >:(

Anonymous No. 152174

>>152172
A photo of an assault rifle doesnt make someone anymore a soldier than a pic of a gi would make someone a martial artist and that you expect credibility based on that shit then let me go get a pic of my bo staff so you know im a monk, and while Im at it Ill snap of shot of my really cool knife that looks like it could be some kind of special forces thingy so you know Im totes a navy seal too.

Anonymous No. 152242

>>152117
Why are anti grapplers obsessed with homosexuality?

Image not available

1400x1400

50F75303-C2C4-4B0....jpg

Anonymous No. 152243

>>152154
People already get hit in the neck. If you want to try your meme neck chop in the pro fighting circuit go ahead and do it.

Anonymous No. 152244

>>152243
Yeah like one offs and shit. If you started hammering on someonea neck with obvious intent the ref would stop the fight. So tired of the weaponized incompetence on this board. Acting like that image & the fight don't support what im talking about. That was the worst kick Rhonda took in that bout & it FUCKED her up. You're retarded my

Anonymous No. 152249

>>152244
The problem is that’s a good strike for hitting the neck. Your retarded neck chop doesn’t have any power unless you wind it up like a haymaker. Go prove it works instead of asserting baseless speculation as reality of your so confident in it.

Anonymous No. 152268

>>152249
>baseless speculation as reality
As if its so hard to wrap your mind around, are you fucking retarded?
>>152122
Its against the rules to even use it how its meant. If you really can't fathom how a human being could use a knife hand in a fight, then you're the one that needs helping living in reality. Dude, speculations have been made based upon rules sets from multiple fight venues. And no one is shouting from the rooftops how it should be a new standard or some shit. Just musings on what would happen if you could use them how they're meant. You sound like a butthurt BJJ or MMA cult fag. We're allowed to talk about things that exist outside your hobbies. Stop being a genuine faggot.

Anonymous No. 152272

>>152249
That you can only think of it in use like a haymaker kinda makes me think you don't train. It would make a pretty good counter popping out of a philly shell. Could do like an upward hook chop to the neck after a blow glances off the shoulder block. Or even just throwing one out mid weave when you ducking some shots because most dudes, atleast boxers, are gonna expect some kind of counter from the rear hand. But you could throw a chop when turning back at them, be unexpected at least. Anyways theres more possibilities than what you can see, cause you probably don't train.

Anonymous No. 152277

>>152272
>you don’t train because you don’t think my meme chop that no one uses in reality is a good idea
>>152268
It’s baseless and unproven. Why don’t we see “le neck chops” in vale tudo productions? Maybe it’s because it’s retarded and doesn’t work as well as you think it does. Clearly I’m a retard though for having pattern recognition of what actually wins fights instead of going
>bro wouldn’t it be so cool if I just like totally chopped a guy in the neck
Retard.

Anonymous No. 152284

>>152272
Not training fucking karate chops is a compliment. I train actual fighting, unlike you, who thinks reading Baki is training.

Anonymous No. 152291

>>152284
>>152277
Confirmed BJJ/MMA cultist.
>I thoroughly watch jew bloodsports so I know what im talking about
Baki is homoerotic bullshit so you must love it.

Anonymous No. 152292

>>152291
>le 2deadly4MMA TMA autists return
I thought you speds were extinct by now

Anonymous No. 152305

>>152249
>Your retarded round kick doesn’t have any power unless you wind it up like a haymaker

Anonymous No. 152310

>>152305
Your back leg is already chambered in its natural position. Your arm is not chambered for a “chop” unless you wind it back. Show me another way to do it if you’re so confident in its efficacy.

Image not available

1624x2048

GraciesGetFucked.jpg

Anonymous No. 152419

>>152310
If you follow the classical pattern, you only understand the routine, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. You are not recognizing potential & clinging to tradition for traditions sake does you no benefit.

For what it is worth, chops have been used before, famously so. If a technique is rare perhaps you should earnestly seek why instead of being unreasonably dismissive.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1578304-kazushi-sakuraba-the-jester-of-mma.amp.html

>Sakuraba defeated four members of the legendary Gracie family when they were still a name to be feared in the sport.
>Sakuraba's first bout with Royce Gracie went 90 minutes, the longest MMA bout in history, and ended with the Gracie corner throwing in the towel.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2495846822&searchtext=

There's Sakuraba double bitch chopping Gracie. Thats just one instance. If you bother to google it there is a decent amount of fighters that support it, it is genuinely weird that it isn't used more. My guess is it's just hammerfist preference. Anytime you could be using a chop, you could just hammer fist. Its about the same surface area, just a different shape, easier to aim, less chance of injury imho... But I still like chops, just too situational, and very few fighters were as eccentric as Sakuraba.
>tldr; Rare, but chops work, & you're a fag

Anonymous No. 152420

>>152419
>There's Sakuraba double bitch chopping Gracie. Thats just one instance
Looks like a hammer fist to me
>My guess is it's just hammerfist preference. Anytime you could be using a chop, you could just hammer fist.
One of my contentions early on in this thread was that any time you could do a retarded chop you might as well hammerfist since it’s a better way to strike. You’ve written so much just to say I’m right.

Anonymous No. 152421

>>152420
what I've been trying to explain to you is the context of using a chop isn't applicable in MMA
you dodged the question early on, would you rather get chopped to the throat or cervical spine, or hammer fisted?

you know the answer doesn't support your position because it's just an understanding of the physics. No martial arts required
do you use an ax to cut rope or a hammer?

Anonymous No. 152422

>>152310
So you don't rotate your entire upper torso when throwing a round house?
>Ask me how I know your shits weak af
Also
>Show me another way to do it if you’re so confident in its efficacy
>>152272
Thats perfecty plausible. Its the exact same movements you would use in philly shell elbow, just more distance. There is even this classic fight rekt webm of some fight in a parking lot with a kid doing it, but I think he use a hammer fist. But still. Its plausible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_cghiUz4NgI

Anonymous No. 152423

>>152421
This... And I mean, just fucking google karate chop. People have had this debate. The chop works but is a) not allowed to be used in the capacity it is meant for, which leads to the prefernce for hammetfist because b) you could be penalized for intentionally striking vital areas and then knife hand form would be clearly signalling intent.

Image not available

2280x1080

Screenshot_202306....jpg

Anonymous No. 152425

>>152423
I've just done a very non scientific experiment to show the different

Left is a hammer fist, right is a chop
Look at the different footprint they leave
These are the same part of the hand so they're carrying the same mass
But the reduced footprint of the chop shows there would be more concentrated force, more pounds of pressure per square inch

Anonymous No. 152437

>>151790
Is this Baki?

🗑️ Anonymous No. 152444

>>>/vg/434152563
Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #1283b
Speech Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game, AA2Mini: https://tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2MiniPPX.xml
AAUnlimited updates: https://github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases

>Information:
AA2Mini Install Guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vS8Ap6CrmSNXRsKG9jsIMqHYuHM3Cfs5qE5nX6iIgfzLlcWnmiwzmOrp27ytEMX03lFNRR7U5UXJalA/pub
General FAQ:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200216045726/https://pastebin.com/bhrA6iGx
AAU Guide and Resources (Modules, Tans, Props, Poses, and More):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0

>Character Cards [Database], now with a list of every NonOC in the megas:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690
https://db.bepis.moe/aa2/

>Mods & More:
Mods for AAU/AA2Mini (ppx format, the mediafire has everything):
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vwrmdohus4vhh/Mods
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129
Booru: https://aau.booru.org

>HELP! I have a Nvidia card and my game crashes on startup!
Try the dgVoodoo option in the new win10fix settings.
Alternative: Update your AAU and see if it happens again. If so, disable win10fix, enable wined3d and software vertex processing.
>HELP! Required Windows 11 update broke things!
winkey+R -> ms-settings:developers -> Terminal=Windows Console Host

Previous Thread:
>>434085771

Anonymous No. 152449

>>152423
>the chop works
Prove it
>>152422
>that video
So a spinning back fist but instead a fist a chop for no reason? Why would choose a weaker hand structure? There’s literally no benefit other than satiating your karate LARP autism.
>>152425
This is the gayest post I’ve ever seen on this board

Anonymous No. 152460

>>151790
Some day i will read Baki

Anonymous No. 152461

>>152460
Well I watched some of the anime on Netflix and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen
Almost seems like a parody

Anonymous No. 152923

>>152461
The art is pretty weird but I want to watch it

Anonymous No. 153361

>>151790
The general principle is to hit hard (skull for example) with soft (hammerfist, palm, etc...) and soft (neck for example) with hard (knife hand, spear hand,etc...)
The spear hand of picrel it's not for hitting but a demostration form for plucking at the eyes or any other form of quick grab. The true spear hand is like a sword hand only you attack with the tip of the fingers, again useful for a quick thrust to unexpecting eyes, neck or nose area to weaken before coming hard on an oponent.

Anonymous No. 153368

strike for the neck or temple always using whatever strike you want as long as you hit the temple or the neck

Anonymous No. 153468

>>151868
this nigga has never fought/sparred a day in his life.

Anonymous No. 153470

>>151902
yeah this kid is retarded af. applying traditional martial arts/comic book physics to irl combat is absolute copium. jesus christ

Anonymous No. 153615

>>151790
Some WW2 combative styles did. But since such a system is rather impractical, it's not very widespread.

Anonymous No. 153617

>>151915
>There’s nothing stopping you from doing a stupid spear hand strike
Except the rules because any targets for spearhands, like throat, eyes etc. are illegal to attack in MMA.

But Igor Vovchanchyn won at least 1 fight with a chop to back of the neck back in the 90s. The one against the Gracie student iirc.

Anonymous No. 153623

>>153470
>traditional martial arts/comic book physics
No such thing. Just physics & anatomy. Thats pretty much all kinesiology is. Baki is obviously the most bullshido exaggeration in Anime form there is. But legit TMAs exist, as does a whole world of legit martial arts stuff that exists outside of just mma/ufc/etc. That is fact. I wanna pull that legit stuff into modern times through professional study, so once and for all bullshido is laid to rest and maybe we can get martial arts popular enough to be picked up by a few more schools than there are now. I want the school sport lineup in the states to look more like what japan or the UK offer.

Image not available

500x587

masoyama.jpg

Anonymous No. 153659

Bas Rutten is a pretty great example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4C2tRZ2FXc&ab_channel=SportLegends . Due to Pankration's ruleset (and how dangerous it is without even wrapping your fists) closed fist strikes to the head were banned. So fighters would throw palm strikes to the head while still hitting the body with closed fists. One of the Kyokushin black belts I train with consistently pierces me in the stomach with his big toe and 2nd toe sandwiched on top of the other to make a point, lands roundhouses to the body with the balls of his feet that penetrate way worse than shins, and uses his heel when hitting me in the chest or head. It's not easy and I've only been training a year so I haven't pulled it off but I've got some personal anecdotes and competitive examples of it working well. Of course sometimes your closed fists and shins work the best and you shouldn't burden yourself with stupidly complicated maneuvers you'll never pull off in a fight, but there are a lot of times where these need to be supplemented with different techniques or can be to great affect.
TLDR Pankration, Competitive / Self defense focused Karate styles and other bare knuckle styles teach using different areas / shapes of the hands / feet to strike.

Anonymous No. 153669

>>153617
> Except the rules because any targets for spearhands, like throat, eyes etc. are illegal to attack in MMA.
That’s why I said vale tudo and early mma you illiterate tard. Next time read the whole post not the first half of a sentence

Anonymous No. 155719

>>151790
What

Anonymous No. 155756

>>151790
OP, boxing and muay thai DO teach specific strikes for specific body part targets
Left shovel hook for a liver shot
Jab to the nose
Hook to the temple or the chin
Muay thai has teep knee to the bladder
Round knees to the ribs
Round kicks to the thigh
These are specific areas of the human body, they arent just aiming at the "head" or the "body"