Image not available

700x795

FF9CFA3F-EB66-4F9....jpg

๐Ÿงต MMA Training Camps

Anonymous No. 154634

/xs/

Iโ€™m looking to move away and join a MMA training camp for a few months.

Money no object, what would be your go to for becoming your best self?

Anonymous No. 154638

>>154634
Train some form of MMA for a year before you do anything total immersion to prove you're serious at a local MMA gym.

Most likely outcome if you don't do the above is you go, get miserable, quit after 3 months, and they keep your 'no object' money.

Anonymous No. 157017

>>154634
beats me

Anonymous No. 157458

>>154634
Different anon here. A friend of mine were talking about opening our own camp and the conclusion we came to is that starting off we could only make money by trying to run it like those 1-2 week softball camps.

Any feedback from anons that would be interested in the idea of a full time gym would be appreciated.

Anonymous No. 157472

>>154634
>MMA training camp
You mean just traveling and temporarily joining a gym? Camp is usually in preparation for a fight. Tiger Muay Thai/MMA in Thailand seems cool. AKA in California.
I would not do this unless you're particularly experienced and/or wealthy

Anonymous No. 157674

>>157458
Bump for interest

Anonymous No. 157678

>>157674
>>157458
Your biggest obstacle is location. If you're not very near a major airport, you're in trouble. Your second is facility, and everything that comes with that. If you're serious about it, set a meeting with a business lawyer to find out what kinds of insurance you'd need and what standards the facility would have to be held to. Access, cleanliness, bathroom stall number based on housing capacity, and any number of other obstacles you wouldn't consider. The idea would be a major undertaking, but big wrestling camps like Purler already do it with kids, so there's a framework to copy from. If you can make it through all that, you're left with staffing. Which is another mine field and a half, but there's plenty of information available out there without my blabbering.

Image not available

450x310

spetnaz gru punche.jpg

Anonymous No. 157753

do MMA camps require "entrance tests"?
do they FORCE those who complete the camp to fight in official (even if amateur) matches?
I want to finish a camp+win some official matches, but I dont care about mma itself honestly. I want to become someone who can fight and thrive in the streets.
>I promise I will donate the little money I win ,if I win, in any matches

Anonymous No. 157759

>>157753
Depends on the gym. Pro classes are usually invite only, and may not even be listed unless they bar everyone from the building during those times. Most places simply can't afford to fully vet, but if there is a screening process, the world isn't so large that you can hide having never had fights unless you're literally 3rd world.

Anonymous No. 157764

>>157759
>unless you're literally 3rd world.
you use condoms and you take issue with meager economics?

Anonymous No. 157777

>>157764
You wear pills as totems to ward off illness

Anonymous No. 157796

>>157777
you TAKE pills which are made from dead babies