Image not available

1080x925

Polish_20230704_1....png

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 154684

Which mma champion has the most npc style?

Anonymous No. 154685

>>154684
>the rnc and the guillotine
Everything else is a meme

Anonymous No. 154687

>>154685
What about armbar, heel hook, triangle and kimura?

Anonymous No. 154699

>>154687
all memes

Anonymous No. 154702

Muay Thai + bjj is the most npc way of fighting
It'll get the job done but you'll never be great at anything

Anonymous No. 154715

>>154684
>>154702
It's the only thing that works

Anonymous No. 154719

>>154715
*if you're lacking talent
Anyone can drive an automatic, but racers drive stick
They're just brain dead flow chat martial arts. It'll get you from A to B but if you really want to break through and transcend to something special they're just going to hold you back
All great striking technicians are karate style fighters
All great grappling technicians are wrestling style
MTBJJ is really amateurish
They lowest expression of the form

Anonymous No. 154722

>>154719
Lmao, name your greatest strikers and greatest grapplers in mma

Anonymous No. 154727

>>154719
Karate guys can't fight for shit

Anonymous No. 154728

>>154722
>>154727
Total NPC responses

Anonymous No. 154731

>>154728
6 months of muay thai = 10 years of karate

Anonymous No. 154735

>>154719
>Anyone can drive an automatic, but racers drive stick
Lol it ain't the 80s anymore

Anonymous No. 154737

>>154702
>It'll get the job done but you'll never be great at anything
Why not?
I get that this mongolian basket weaving forum is usually a contrarian to anything popular, but this is just retarded.
What's next? You're going to tell me aikido and capoeira masters are the real martial artists who can kill you with one move?

Anonymous No. 154739

>>154719
>All great striking technicians are karate style fighters
There is a difference between not being npc and being obviously wrong. Gsp is not "all great striking technicians"
>All great grappling technicians are wrestling style
They very often do both wrestling and bjj

Anonymous No. 154740

>>154739
BJJ is completely 100% optional, it offers nothing you can't find somewhere else
The only reason you should even be doing it is because you have nothing else available

And gsp wasn't a great striker. But mcgrundle was, machida, wonderboy for example
Known for their technical ability above others

Anonymous No. 154741

>>154702
Yep they're so boring and I'm tired of seeing redditors and bots on 4chab just defaulting to like no one wants to experiment and make and add a little flair to their style with something like kung fu, savate, karate, systema, or capoeira. HEMA and escrima also tend to have incredible transfer to boxing and wrestling techniques

I dunno I'll just say it for the record, alot of you guys just suck are boring and will never do anything interesting or different with your lives because you're content with being normal and having a normal experience and genuinely not caring about being unique and stylish

Anonymous No. 154753

>>154731
There have been multiple karate-based champions in the UFC alone and not a single Muay Thai champ who competed in Thailand.

Anonymous No. 154755

Other than Anderson Silva, is there a single person in MMA claiming Muay Thai who actually looks like they use it? I see a fucking ton of people claiming it that sure do look like generic kickboxing with some variation of a wrestler's clinch.

Anonymous No. 154757

If it works, people will use it.

Anonymous No. 154758

>>154755
And even then that may be what his base was in but nobody would argue that's how he fought, he adopted a hands down counter punching approach. So it goes to show that at the highest level muay Thai evolves to look more like karate

Anonymous No. 154762

>>154753
Every striking you see aside of the bunch of karate guys It's muay thai

Anonymous No. 154763

>>154762
>90% of MMA fighters do shitty kickboxing that's nothing but overhands and leg kicks
>look at all the muay thai fighters

Anonymous No. 154771

>>154758
Karate in mma also must evolve because, unlike muay thai or boxing, it lacks the killer mentality. You wouldn't beat any mma fighter with this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N6nfH_7hMSI

Anonymous No. 154772

>>154771
You're completely right about that, good fighters using karate are the exception not the rule and it falls very short of what it aspires to be
I believe in the principles of karate, train diligently, endure the hard process, build a strong hardy body, and fight with maximum spirit to win as quickly as possible

I think karate is actually in the minority as a martial art that values physical conditioning. You see the softer arts promising to overcome your opponents physical advantages and neglecting development of yourself
But the karate belief is the more realistic one, you need to maximize your own physical potential

But karate doesn't live up to its principles, it has become a disgrace really
But if you're able to put the cultural side of it away and just take the techniques and core principles it's a deeply effective fighting art with a well of different techniques you can draw from to create your own style.

And I think that's what makes it so effective, despite being taught in such a rigid way there is so much room to tailor it to yourself. Muay Thai looks like muay Thai no matter who's doing it, if you're not in that very distinct stance and distinct way techniques are done, it would be hard to say you're even doing it
But karate can change more to suit the individual, gsp, Chuck Lidell, wonderboy, machida, all of them used karate and all of them expressed it differently

As motobu choki said (and Bruce Lee plagiarized) kata must change to fit the vessel like water in a vase

I don't recommend people go to karate classes, but I do recommend people read the literature and learn it

Anonymous No. 154773

>>154771
They don't feel interest in anything outside their circle

Anonymous No. 154784

>>154740
>gsp wasn't a great striker
Koscheck's orbital bone would like a word with you.

Anonymous No. 154839

>>154684
Overeem is a pinhead.

🗑️ Anonymous No. 155058

>>154684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNl1BKfJ4Z8

Anonymous No. 155059

>>154684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNl1BKfJ4Z8
Go ahead, try some "rare" shit and look what happen.

Anonymous No. 155063

>>154684
all brazzas

Anonymous No. 155078

>>154731
Back in the 50s-60s the creator of kyoukushin brought 3 of his students, one of which didnt train for the fight since he was a replacement, to fight thai fighters in Thailand under muay thai rules. 2 out of 3 won. The one who lost was manhandling the thai fighter but got caught by and elbow and got knocked out.

Anonymous No. 155084

>>155078
Source or it didn’t happen

Anonymous No. 155089

>>155084
Bro Mas Obama knocked out a bull in one punch. Stop asking questions.

Image not available

1280x524

Tony Ferguson spi....webm

Anonymous No. 155126

>>155059
>try some "rare" shit and look what happen
You picked Tony Ferguson, king of meme shit, to prove your point?

Anonymous No. 156015

>>154755
Jose Aldo

Anonymous No. 156030

>>154755
Matt Brown

Anonymous No. 156119

>>154755
Carlos Condit

Anonymous No. 156125

>>154755
wanderlei was the first big thai clinch guy

Anonymous No. 156135

>>155084
Its a true story the people who dislike it usually argue that the thais were not very well known. I have also seen some say that they were fixed but I think that's bullshit. The karate guy who lost out of the 3 ended up starting the 1st wave of Japanese kickboxing in the 60s when he argued with Oyama over the tournament rules not allowing punches to the head.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/muay-thai/kyokushin-vs-muay-thai-1964

Anonymous No. 156161

>>154753
Karate needs to be modified for it to work well in the UFC but I do think that the lower hand position and a focus on in-out footwork is better for takedown defence. As well as having a lower, wider and thus more stable base.

MT slower plodding march forward with a high guard does leave your legs more exposed to takedowns.

Anonymous No. 156173

>>154684
Id say that Jon Jones currently fits this description.

Anonymous No. 156179

>>154719
I think youre being a tad harsh on MT/BJJ, but youre point is valid
Its kinda basic cuz Muay Thai will teach you all the basics of striking in a way thats immediately more or less applicable to MMA, whereas with karate you specifically need to cross train and adapt it to MMA to make it work
But your point about the best strikers using karate and the best grapplers using wrestling is well taken
For instance no one thinks of MT style guys as the best strikers, like Wonderboy, McGregor, Adesanya etc are karate base guys and they are seen as the most advanced strikers, whereas Rountree is seen as a high level striker but not one of the best of the best
And yeah for mma wrestling def trumps bjj
>>154722
Not the guy you replied to but
Like i said above Wonderboy, Connor, and Adesanya are considered the best of the best strikers and they are karate guys whereas Rountree is a MT guy and hes good but not a best of the best mma striker
And Dagestani wrestlers beating BJJ guys on the ground all the time shows the same idea for grappling in mma