Image not available

500x500

989A2D89-3BEF-4BC....jpg

๐Ÿงต How do i skate?

Anonymous No. 156401

I cant skate, ive done it twice and i still have to hold the rail the whole time, im also really fat, my side and foot hurts like hell cuz im leaning on the rail side when i do it. I have not gotten better.

I want to be good, im not concerned with grinding or flipping. I just want to skate outside and feel the wind and trees

Image not available

4032x2268

20230415_133410.jpg

Anonymous No. 156409

>>156401
i was in the same predicament as you not too long ago
slim down, diet and exercise. you don't have to go to the gym, i recommend an elliptical and hiking. switch to water, clean air, and honestly just don't over eat.
for the pain i just put in new insoles and take painkillers, make sure the boot fits properly too.
you're never going to learn how to skate if you don't work on your own balance and stop using supports.
the only reason i started inline skating was to get better at skiing and have something to do while i wait for the snow to come back kek

Anonymous No. 156596

>>156409
Twenty years ago i upgraded to roler blade at least half my friends broke thair legs in a few Short monthes thairs ankles were to dam weak. My advice is spend an hour a day walking around your yard building up your strength fore at least 2 weeks before touching pavement, with your skates. In my humble opinions practicing on dirt first solves many of the beginner balancing issues .

Anonymous No. 156713

>>156409
>diet
I recommend oats, high amount of fiber helps with satiety.

Anonymous No. 156714

>>156596
did they break their ankles from doing tricks tho? and only on rollerBLADE not rolelrskates?

Anonymous No. 157146

>>156596
Strong ankles are very advantageous to skating. The newbie cope is to tighten their boots/laces/buckles/whatever as tight as they can to try to prevent the skate from flopping around, and then complain that they can't get the skates tight enough. I tell them what the real issue is and prove it to them by skating around with my skates completely undone with me relying entirely on foot balance.

Most people need to work on strengthening their ankles, but regular skating will help with that. The issue is OP is fat, which just compounds all the issues. More weight, more breaks, less time actually skating, etc... It can be done, but it's going to take a lot longer than a nonfat newbie. Certainly not in 2 sessions.

Anonymous No. 157190

>>156596
blades are so much easier to skate than quads its unreal