Image not available

906x827

Shuto.png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 158272

Redpill me on the Shuto strike.

Anonymous No. 158298

>>158272
it's one of those things that technically work if you do it just right but generally is less useful then other strikes in most circumstances.
It also has higher risk of damage to the hand without a significant increase in the likelihood of doing extra damage to the opponent.

To use the meme of tier list
It's a very C tier striking technique.

Anonymous No. 158338

It's a great strike, it's just that it's mostly used in Karate and Karate-ka's aren't using their full rotational power and weight to strike like a Boxer or MMA fighter would. It's also not used in a lot of other MMA-styles because the grappling gloves they where have a big pad on the hypothenar eminence (the part you strike with) making it incredibly ineffective to hit with.

I think like how you can train throwing a strong, full bodyweight punch. You can swing a strong, full bodyweight Shuto.

Anonymous No. 158339

>>158272
All of this kind of strikes need conditioning

Anonymous No. 158431

>>158339
All bare handed strikes need conditioning, even standard punches.

Anonymous No. 158562

>>158272
you got your judy chop, your karate chop and your jininji chop

Image not available

632x356

Errol Spence knif....webm

Anonymous No. 158777

It can work, but it's pretty niche.

Anonymous No. 158861

>>158777
Great example. Most people think it's some sort of killer strike when it should be used mostly as a opening maker.

Anonymous No. 158974

>>158272
Very niche, but it can work. Played around with it at the gym with some buddies trying to figure it out, and the only situation we found for it to consistently work was in a clinch with a grip on the bicep. Flipping your hand over and sliding it along the arm aims it right into the neck, and then gives the collar tie.

It's a bit difficult to get a lot of force into it, but there is enough to surprise them.

Anonymous No. 162098

>>158777
Retarded Ugas instead of knocking the shit out of Errol hack, watched and let him recover.

Anonymous No. 162104

>>158272
I did it on a guy once and it worked extremely well, felt like it broke a collarbone or something, then I tried on another guy a few years later and got the absolute fucking shit kicked out of me immediately after.

Image not available

2336x3504

1692246423526909.jpg

Anonymous No. 162323

Ice's natural enemy

HYAAAAAA!

Anonymous No. 162837

>>158272
Dumb question, aren't your Pinky and Ring finger the most known, easily breakable fingers when chopping and /or punching?

Anonymous No. 162839

>>162837
Cut them off.

Anonymous No. 162841

>>162837
I can seen why you would think that, but no. In fact it is exceedingly rare for the phalanges to break. Simply put, they move. The majority of the force doesnt hit the phalanges because 1) you dont strike with them and 2) the knuckle will give before the phalange breaks. 99.9 of people who say they "broke a finger" just dislocated knuckle. The metacarpals will fracture but its far more likey from something like a boxing punch because the force is straight on. Chops and hammer fists don't result in breaks as often because 1) the force is hitting laterally so the bones have more bend available and 2) the formation of the hand in chops & hammer fists naturally fortifies the metacarpals.

Anonymous No. 162842

>>162841
You're also not really supposed to be chopping, but landing on the side of heel of the palm. It's almost a forearm strike because of how small the lever is, relative to distance from the joint.

Anonymous No. 163074

>>158339
what is conditioning?

Anonymous No. 163078

>>163074
Dont do traditional bone conditioning. Lots of folks take it too far. Doing shit like slapping stone or chopping trees barehanded. Way too much. You're only trying to get the nerves in your hand used to the pain so you're not using it like some kind of wincing pussy & toughen up the skin a bit. You can just clap your own hands together as hard as you can. For chops make a fist in one hand & with the other chop your first two knuckles as hard as you can. Repeat as much as you can stand it.