Image not available

1284x1284

IMG_9316.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 159467

>men under 6’ when they learn that martial arts only work when you’re already big and strong

Anonymous No. 159468

>>159467
Tyson and Cormier:
>are you fucking kidding us?

Anonymous No. 159473

>>159468
Jon Jones:
>ayy that proves the point hoyaaa

Anonymous No. 159485

>>159467
I’m really glad that this board also has inane useless threads about height. Really makes the place way better just like /fit/

Anonymous No. 159768

>>159467
Striking against really tall people is annoying as fuck because they are all cowardly outside fighters who jab a bit then run away. Or spam front and/side kicks to maximize distance then run away.

Standup grappling makes up for it though. Ragdolling people with high centers of gravity is a joy that is hard to match. No body type makes my throws look and feel better than tall dudes. I mean it helped that I am strong and dense for my height, but still.
My first real deal delayed vertical suplex against a resistant opponent was against a tall skinny dude who was 6'3" and couldn't have been more than 175 pounds. Had him up, saw that he wouldn't all land on the mat, walked forward a couple steps, then slammed him proper on the mat.
Got yelled at by the teacher for showing off and using silly pro-wreslling moves when we were supposed to be sparing using judo rules.

I haven't really noticed it making much of a difference doing ground work.
Mass and strength make more of a difference on the ground than hight. It always sucks dealing with someone significantly heavier than you, and strength is a huge advantage at least in the short term.

Image not available

1280x720

maxresdefault.jpg

Anonymous No. 160243

>>159467
>OP don't realizes that is WEIGHT class, not height class, probably a skinnyfat, no condition...

Anonymous No. 164032

>>159768
I agree 100%