Image not available

602x303

gloves.jpg

๐Ÿงต Bare human to human fighting schools no gloves

Anonymous No. 160121

Today I broke my first knuckle and it made me reflect even more on the development of martial arts.
I mean we have fighters clearly wearing bandages and gloves in order to maintain their hand health up so they can use it in their daily life (along with making fights more "acceptable" to the public) since we cannot live without them, but in turn it makes fights absolutely unrealistic, grown man punching each other with cushions covering hands, being able to deliver harder hits on a bigger area, now we practically got duped into calling practical any and all fighting that requires equipment to be put on, as if an assaulter will wait for me to put on bandages or gloves even.
Who will save humanity and create a new fighting school that is just bare human to human and uses only what is practical?

Post experience with bare fighting and let's discuss hand strengthening, after this, I am determined to see what is up with hand conditioning, to see if it makes my hands more resistant to slightly stronger blows.

Anonymous No. 160133

you can turn your hands into a meat mallet but you'll get arthritis
but it is true, people call judo impractical because of the gi and I say the same thing about boxing because of the gloves
this is why karate values using striking surfaces of your body other than just the knuckles

Anonymous No. 160143

>>160121
It's called Judo faget
And it's way more effective than boxing or karate

Anonymous No. 160154

>>160121
As someone who does Taijiquan, not old people tai chi, a lot of the strikes are palm strikes or forearm strikes. It's a trend that I've noticed really old martial arts seem to be fond of but that modern ones have lost. Okinawan Karate, old style Japanese Jiujitsu, many kungfu styles, Sumo, pugilism.

I think people just take modern welfare and healthcare for granted so a broken hand isn't life ending anymore.

Anonymous No. 160155

>>160154
Palm strikes don't hurt your knuckles but they can hurt your wrists and hurt your opponents less than punches. Karate chops are more dangerous for your hands than hammer fists.

Anonymous No. 160172

>>160155
Forearm strikes will always be safer than hand strikes. The bones in the forearm are just so much thicker than those in the hand.

Also there is no reason palms strikes can't be as strong as punches. The bones in the wrist are more spheres and so are far less likely to break than more cylindrical bones in the rest of the hand.

Image not available

486x231

Capture.png

Anonymous No. 160189

>>160133
>people call judo impractical because of the gi and I say the same thing about boxing because of the gloves
>not wearing boxing gloves at all times
You have no dignity

Anonymous No. 160230

>>160121
I was going to write a tl;dr version but you don't need new techniques, you need hand conditioning (the right way and not the retard way) and a better awareness of where to strike when going completely bare knuckle. Slap hooks are also your friend when striking the head

Anonymous No. 160266

>>160230
>you need hand conditioning (the right way and not the retard way)
share the non retarded way

Anonymous No. 160296

>>160155
Palm strikes highly unlikely to hurt your wrist.
I have taught arthritic little old ladies and small children how to hit with everything they can muster in a palmstrike and the most they will complain about is it stings a bit at the point of impact.
You have to do it really really really wrong to actually hurt your wrist to a significant degree.

>>160154
>pugilism
Every source I have found on pugilism gives strong evidence that they almost entirely used the knuckles. The big difference, and you see it in karate too, is that they used in the old times more of a pushing type punch then the sharp crisp pop of gloved boxing. Less likely to get a knockout, but also less likely to break your hand, and more likely to get a knockdown, which was prized in some of the old rulesets.
Palm strikes were as far as I can tell, pretty rare.

Anonymous No. 160326

>>160296
I mention pugilism for its forearm strikes more than its palm strikes. There existed a sort of back hand and hook strike that landed with the forearm more than the fist itself.

Anonymous No. 160347

>>160326
From what source do you speak?
Forearms are for blocking/defense. I haven't seen any sources that even mention using the forearms for striking at all. Like literally zero and I have read a few dozen contemporary/historical sources on the subject.
If you know of a source I haven't seen then I would be highly interested in reading it. However if you are just bullshitting I will be very annoyed and you have my formal invitation to choke on a sack of dicks.

Anonymous No. 160348

>>160121
All right, I'm gonna blow everyone's mind right now. Anything you want to get stronger you start where you are and then make it gradually more difficult. Then you get better/stronger at it. This is why dazhang and maki-wara exist. This is why people punch bricks and do pushups on their fist. It's why people practice anything, from high jumps to sprints or grappling.

Anonymous No. 160524

>>160347
I think the youtube channel is called English Martial Arts, he has a unicorn logo. He did a video on it and cited the source there, as for which video that is I couldn't tell you because I watched it like a year ago.

Sorry Anon but that's all the effort I can muster to point you in the right direction.

Anonymous No. 160550

>>160524
So something you think you might have heard 3rd hand from a youtube video but you can't remember which is your alleged source.

Pardon me if I don't find that convincing.

Anonymous No. 160622

>>160155
>Hurt wrists
Palm strikes significantly reduce the risk of injury to the wrist, the hand position by properly aligns & locks the wrist by default. When you do push ups, you dont use your knuckles, unless you're a retarded edgelord trying to get arthritis. When you push on any big structure, you do so with the palms.
>Hurts opponents less
Do you know why boxing with gloves leads to more knockouts & concussions than bareknuckle?

Anonymous No. 160623

>>160622
>*the hand position by default

Anonymous No. 160627

>>160143
lmao and much less effective than wrestling

Anonymous No. 160628

>>160627
Judo is just shirt-on wrestling, no-gi is wrestling but in Judo you're not allowed to fist the other guy's asshole.

Anonymous No. 160630

>>160172
>>160622
I forgot to mention that palm strikes have shorter range

Image not available

1700x1432

1691438361272740.png

Anonymous No. 160641

>>160628
I got you man, I do like and have respect for Judo and people really in it. I just love dunking on the Judo sperg because they get so mad if you even hint that wrestlers can compete with judokas, much less best them. Just did it the other day on fit and it birthed this amazing OC

Image not available

1152x1152

1691441698232200.jpg

Anonymous No. 160642

>>160641
and the ai generated v2.0

Image not available

1607x1635

macy.jpg

Anonymous No. 161373

what about head-butts against the nose\teeth\ears of the opponent? isnt the front-skull bones much harder than those?

Anonymous No. 162083

>>161373
Very situational & just as risky to you. Your are not special & your brain is just as much subject to the force of your skulls colliding as the other person. You are essentially betting on having a brain dsensitized to sensory overload.

Anonymous No. 162094

>>162083
No?
I don't need to hit with concussive force to break your nose.
Dumbass.