Image not available

480x352

bmxawesome.gif

🧵 will i get hurt on a BMX bike

Anonymous No. 161046

im new to extreme sports and i bought a BMX from walmart is it good enough quality so i wont get hurt? thanks lads

Anonymous No. 161051

The length of the top tube between the seat and neck of the bike should be determined by the riders height and weight, you don’t want to me slouched and not have your back straight or else you’ll hurt yourself over time just from riding a bike too small.
If you’re going to do drops or stairways with an impact landing you’ll want extra strength on where the top tube connects to the neck of the headset so that your fat ass doesn’t break it. And it’s almost always fat asses that ride bmx in the first place because you can sit your fat ass down.
The main thing id try to practice now if I were just getting into it in my 30s is manuals, general stability and cardio/core strength and don’t try dropping into a half pipe until you’ve spent a good few months riding transition in a bowl or something.

Anonymous No. 161187

walmart bikes are utter garbage and it will fold in on you if you take bmx seriously., but you will probably buy a better bike by then if you get serious.

the walmart bike is way more likely to have the unsealed bearings sieze up on you way before you end up snapping off handlebar or fork tubes.... idk, seized front bearing could send you over the handlebars. post your bike

and yes, you will get hurt on a bmx. how old are you? its much easier to learn to fall and take slams as a child.
a hard slam as a child and your back at it in minutes.
hard slam as a teen and your back at it in hours.
hard slam as 20-27y.o and your back at in days
hard slam at 28-35 and your back at it in weeks
hard slam at 35+ and your back at it in months.....
and a noobie is gonna be slamming way more often than a seasoned, experienced rider.

Anonymous No. 161371

everyone starts somewhere with garbage bikes before moving onto someone 500 and up
best advice is, try to not get scared, it usually holds most people back
i have years of fucked shin damage, a shattered ankle, broken arm twice
your body will recover in time, be cool and wear a helmet when riding pavement areas

Anonymous No. 164122

Get brakes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cQl5LS9dB4

Anonymous No. 166932

>>161046
You will get hurt if you ride long enough. It's not usually that big a deal.