🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 161173

Can you learn martial arts at home?

Anonymous No. 161180

i now want to fuck wile e coyote so thanks asshole

Gabriel Fernando Lazzari No. 161181

Boa Tarde! Gratidão!

Anonymous No. 161182

Even those guided by an instructor need sparring/randori to help them apply their techniques and learn how they work. You would be basically hopeless by yourself

Anonymous No. 161222

I think with VR we are getting close to you learning from home you would still need a sparring partner to stress teat

Anonymous No. 161280

>>161173
you can learn a lot of valuable things from youtube but you'd be better off just working out hardcore if you're not going to have a partner at all. Train martial arts as much as you can regardless

Anonymous No. 161304

>>161173
If you want to learn martial arts for fitness/fun then yes, there's plenty of resources online and you can buy equipment like a grappling dummy or a punching bag. If your goal is to be a competent fighter then you are shit out of luck. I will say that practicing martial arts at home will allow you to perform better in a fight then if you had done nothing at all. Of course against a properly trained opponent you will get your ass beat no doubt. If you are really set on not joining a gym, I would suggest at the very least getting one of your mates to train with you, that will make a world of difference in terms of motivation and getting in some light sparring.

Anonymous No. 161313

>>161173
Only if you have family members to practice on.

Anonymous No. 161384

>>161173
yes

Anonymous No. 161403

>>161173
You keep asking and the answer is still no
>but I'm broke reeeeeeeee
Don't care

Anonymous No. 161429

>>161173
yes

big chunk of mud No. 161516

two body technique - it's hard. You need to feel people, round, flat, tall and short to understand what you're doing

things you can practice and get pretty good at:
1. stance, balance, flexibility, strength & condition
2. parkour basics (break falls and safety rolls), for preparing to get taken down
3. forms.

Forms is last on the list because your forms will suck if you can't get #1 on the list down first. If you train online - I recommend you go slow, develop your musculature, get your lines, your stance, your balance. The rest is just like learning a specific dance with a partner.