Image not available

314x136

1691872174635.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 161365

how do i convince my gf to train with me in kyokushin and maybe judo later on?

though i personally don't feel the need to train for self-defense as much anymore, my gf apparently has a stalker who's done some pretty nasty things to her, and has harassed her for the past 5 years. he lives in the same town as her, but so do i, so whenever i get the chance i accompany her when she runs errands and i always walk her back home.

but what if i can't? i won't be in town every day of the year. whereas i've had some spooky run-ins with chavs, she's been verbally, emotionally, and physically abused by this guy a bunch of times for the past half decade, so she stands to gain a lot more from martial arts training for self-defense than i do.

if it helps, she's a short, stocky northern english lass who can pick me up with ease (i'm a 6' caribbean mutt with relatively long limbs).

(pic unrel)

Image not available

730x546

4924BD39-E281-4D7....jpg

Anonymous No. 161394

ngl, a stalker for 5 years sounds kinda cap. Just sayin.
Not saying she’s lying, but I would personally call that into question.
Just because someone lives in the same town as you means nothing.
Simply they could just so happen to run into each other a lot or something.

Anonymous No. 161422

Give her mace and a snub nose revolver.

Anonymous No. 161424

https://youtu.be/Fkq1D-cufwA

Image not available

516x346

file.png

Anonymous No. 161458

>>161424
That's just a cheese knife bruh

Anonymous No. 161501

>>161458
The edge facing towards you is the trick because you can filet someone from really close up

Anonymous No. 161505

>>161365
Give her a gun, if not possible, a knife, if not possible, heavy strength pepper spray (not cheap stuff. All three of those options will give you way more benefit in a self defense situation than many hours of martial arts training
Do you really think your girl can produce enough power to strike or throw this man to any effect? Probably not. It would be better for her to learn ground game (Jiu Jitsu wins again) as most self defense scenarios go to the ground, especially if she gets kidnapped. Although like I said a gun would be so much more unbelievably better for her than even years of training in any style

Anonymous No. 161603

>>161505
I know Americans are fucking brain-dead even at the best of times but can you perhaps piece together where OP might be from language he used? Northern English lass, carribean. OP is in England, which part of "get a gun" is feasible you fucking retard? Gun people need to shut the fuck up in self defense discussions on a martial arts board

Anonymous No. 161604

>>161603
Hey europoor there was a disclaimer for a reason. No need to get butthurt about the mention of a gun, as although its possible to get one its probably pretty hard but still possible. I do agree gun discussions are quite odd but at the same time this is basically also a self defense board as evident by the amount of untrained bringing up guns when we are talking about combat SPORTS

I asked some welsh dude I know and he didnt even know what chavs are. It is not immediately clear she is from england as there is no particular reason it should be

Anonymous No. 161605

>>161604
OP says " she is a Northern English lass" in the last paragraph

Anonymous No. 161610

>>161605
weird thing about humans is they move around sometimes

Anonymous No. 161620

>>161610
The word lass is fairly regional, as is describing yourself as "carribean" instead of "black". I'm not even in England and I know that

Anonymous No. 161634

>>161365
Have you ever seen, like with your eyes, this "stalker"?

Anonymous No. 161988

>>161394
Ain't that the truth. Women will casually make up stories about stalkers these days for either attention or because they are nutcases. I've learned this first hand

Anonymous No. 165587

>>161365
Women like doing bjj with their boyfriends.

Anonymous No. 166093

>>161365
lets prepare for the worst.

lets assume the guy will probably try to rape your woman. if he catches her distracted and grab her, how would she react? kyokushin is a striking art, it would have no value for her in that scenario.

my advice? start doing bjj with her, learn together. as >>165587 said, you will both enjoy and it will be a couple activity to do together. knowing bjj would allow her to take control of the situation if the guy grabs her and she could easily submit him, break his arm, legs or make him go to sleep with just 2 weeks of training