Image not available

1125x1346

D763D47F-DACA-47A....jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 161791

Is it wise to start doing bjj while I am boxing amateur? I am afraid if I start learning I might have an injury that will take me out of boxing or permanently effect my performance

Anonymous No. 161792

>>161791
I’m afraid if I ever do that stuff I’ll get knocked out then I’ll be slightly more retarded then a would’ve been for the rest of my life

Anonymous No. 164099

>>161792
who cares unless your a astro physicist your not gonna notice the few brains cells that died just train what you want to train and try and be safe.

Anonymous No. 164447

>>164099
>your a astro physicist your not gonna notice the few brains cells that died

Anonymous No. 165212

>>161791
BJJ destroys bodies. Just google "BJJ ruined my life." There are all kinds of warm fuzzy stories about how BJJ saves someones soul during a hard time in their life or some shit like that. But that's all you're going to get in the end from doing this shit. All martial arts carry this risk, some more than others, and BJJ is a pretty bad offender. It shouldn't come as a surprise. The more technical the art the greater the chance for error, either in applying force or properly receiving it. If you are already worried about injury. Stay the fuck away from BJJ.

Anonymous No. 165220

>>161792
You are already slightly retarded as a boxing amateur, how many hits to your head have you taken?

Anonymous No. 165221

I was training and competing in muay thai for seven years before starting BJJ.

I’ve been hurt more often and more severely in two years of BJJ than I have in nine years of Muay Thai including matches. I have multiple chronic injuries that I’m on waiting lists for surgery to deal with. One of the injuries is a cervical disc injury that could make me paralyzed from the neck down if it starts affecting the spinal cord.

BJJ is fun and good but if you still want to compete in boxing, or lifting, or just want healthy longevity, I recommend you avoid all acrobatic sporty movements and to stick to the old school fundamentals. Discriminate with who you train with and stick to guys your own size or smaller/higher belts who can flow roll, and tap immediately if somebody tries to stack you or crank your neck relentlessly in training.

Anonymous No. 165224

>>165220
Meant for OP: >>161791

Anonymous No. 165465

>>165224
lol looks hes not the only one brain damaged