Image not available

825x464

BEST-OF-WINGSUIT-....jpg

๐Ÿงต Fight against bored

Anonymous No. 166578

Any ideas on what can distract me from existance? Could be an extreme sport or eating carolina reapers while sitting in church.

I spent the last 7 years of my life diving into wingsuiting. Skydiving -> base -> wingsuit base. I have put housands of hours into this, extreme budgeting, living similar to a homeless person, all for wingsuits.

But I hit the point where progression is basically suicide and I decided to stop. Now that i have tried to stop I am becoming numb, apathetic for existance again.

Anyone have any ideas that are not explicitly air sports like paragliding, speed flying, skydiving or ws base? Could be a completly alternative method for flooding the brain with endorphins.

Anonymous No. 166584

Try cocaine, or motor racing

Anonymous No. 167250

>>166578
I quit base jumping (including ws base) last year despite still craving it and leaving many projects undone, exit points unjumped. First off, it was kinda hard to enjoy it with my wife believing that I was dead every time I was 5 minutes overdue for checking in with her during a trip. Second, my wife is pregnant and I decided that doing the Sean Leary thing and going in on a solo, night, wingsuit, proximity flight with my unborn child at home is kind of a dickhead move. To fill the flying void in my life I started taking private pilot lessons, but to be honest it hasn't really given me much satisfaction. I pour most of my energy into physical fitness now, trying really hard to be the best rock climber that I can be. If you've never tried rock climbing, you can make it as dangerous and suicide-tier as wingsuit base, but you can also make it about as safe as going for a walk. I don't think that there is really anything that will give you the same kind of thrill/rush/exhilaration as ws base that isn't just as dangerous so I think that you will have to just accept that fact. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about flying through the mountains, but I have redirected my energy into other things and started thinking about the wants and needs of other people (mainly my wife and unborn child) in order to cope with the withdrawals from mountain flying. Be honest with yourself, ws base is a collosally self centered activity no matter how you look at it. I will always treasure those memories of opening a new exit point or hanging out on top of a high rise at 3am. At some point you just have to sell your gear and move on. Maybe even try and do something that is helpful and fulfilling for other people as well.
>t. Oldfag ws base dude

Anonymous No. 167263

Do you mean to say you sacrificed a lot of stuff\ living like an ascetic, to afford the expensive hobby? thats based, I admire people who punch abode their pay-grade but end up winning.

Anonymous No. 167281

what about cave diving? or just deep diving, the kind where you have so much equipment and complex gadgets and trinkets?

Anonymous No. 167366

>>166578
Buy an old, cheap, 600cc sport bike, helmet, leathers and boots. Get it checked out and prepped for running on a track. Take road racing lessons from a competent company and run your bike on track days or start entering local am races.

Anonymous No. 167427

>>167366
It's that easy?
I thought that was a sport for richfags. Maybe I just have been believing an urban myth...I would like to buy a bike to travel my country trough all the roads and visit all provinces.
Im happy to learn I can eventually do the sport?

Anonymous No. 167431

Maybe something cheaper like motor racing, if you want something cheaper mtb or something like that

Anonymous No. 170585

>>167250
pick up paragliding and then get a mini wing and do speed riding. pretty close rush similar to what you're used to but a lot nicer safety margin, also your canopy time convert to PG easily, just don't pull so hard. most skydiver converts are used to having to put all their bodyweight into turns (I used to jump a telesis 180 so I know the feeling), but paragliding and speed flying/ speed riding (same thing but with skis) is a lot more like flying a big kite in the sky.

there's a lot of different ways to fly too, plenty of us like to do XC and thermal and stay up for hours, some do ridge riding, some do coastal soaring, some do hike and fly (take a mini lightweight rig and climb a mountain then huck yourself down it. that's probably your ticket)

the major difference between base and speed flying is that you take off with an aircraft before you get airborne in a mini wing, rather than just yeeting yourself into a delta position off kjerag or something

here's a good video anon

https://youtu.be/cnZ34RsPtL4

Anonymous No. 170615

>>170585
I don't know if you meant to reply to me or OP but I've done a fair amount of pg and speedflying. It's fun. Speed wings can go crazy fast. Paragliding can be pretty awesome. I think that I have basically put my flying life mostly behind me in order to put my family first. Others may feel differently but at the end of the day I feel like it's most important to be around for my family.