Image not available

612x402

turkochad vs riki....jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 169364

Can we talk about yağlı güreş as an actual sport rather than a cultural festival? an sport in itself.
what are its advantages over grecor-roman wrestling or Gi-based grappling arts?
how does it compare\square against sumo and mongolian wrestling (BTW, yes , I do know mongolians cucked japanese in their own sport -sumo- and japs installed restrictions on foreigners being rikishi)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yNLabC04G0
pic related, turkish guy won.

Anonymous No. 169372

>>169364
>sumo champion
Not a real sumo champion. He's a "world" sumo champion which is an amateur competition that's much lower skill level than the professional Japanese sumo.

Anonymous No. 169884

>>169364
>japs installed restrictions on foreigners being rikishi
Since Asashoryu only a single japanese made ir to Yokozuna. Japs don't seethe that hard at foreigners, Hakuho was beloved even with his casual disregard for tradition; Tochinoshin recently got a very warm farewell during his retirement ceremony; Takanoyama was well liked even thoughhis style was aalmost the complete oppositeof what Sumo usually is. Japs used to be very racist in Sumo, but that's not really the case nowadays, at least nowhere near to rhe same extent.

Anonymous No. 169885

>>169372
Do you know who that is? Lots of amateur sumotori are couched by retired foreign rikishi like Konishiki

Anonymous No. 169957

>>169885
>>169372
The sumo guy is Almaz Ergeshov. In fact I don't even see him winning any of the World's, only placing at them.

>Lots of amateur sumotori are couched by retired foreign rikishi like Konishiki
Doesn't make them on par. Plenty of guys from makushita win the World's and they aren't even in the salaraied ranks of pro sumo where all the truly elite are.

Anonymous No. 170019

>>169364
>Can we talk about yağlı güreş as an actual sport rather than a cultural festival?
Probably not, there aren't a lot of resources about it in english so most of this board won't have anything meaningful to add, you'd be better off just doing the research yourself with turkish language resources. Also am I just being a schizo or is this post harboring a grudge against sumo? What with it painting the success of mongolian wrestlers as japan getting cucked and using every chance it gets to reiterate how the based turk beat a very totally real sumo wrestler. Anyways, I don't want to derail anymore.