Image not available

640x854

t8tfvaiGh1qf6gh3o....jpg

๐Ÿงต What should I choose?

Anonymous No. 170755

My options:
>taekwondo (closest to me. Everything else is 27-30 kilometers away)
>box club
>jiu jutsu (Not brazilian. Does it mean it's inferior?)
>thai boxing (is that the same as muay thai?)
>kickboxing
>Shito ryu karate (is it effective? What's the difference between it and other forms of karate?)
>Wrestling

I think Muay thai is cool because it has tradition and use of 8 limbs but I am not sure how effective it is against normal boxing.

Anonymous No. 170757

>>170755
your best options there are boxing, thai boxing (yes its muay thai), kickboxing, and wrestling. As for jiu jitsu see what kind it is on their website

Anonymous No. 170758

do whatever the fuck you want, fag. you should be asking yourself what do you enjoy more, striking or grappling?

Anonymous No. 170760

>>170755
Don't you have MMA gyms near you that do both grappling and striking?

Anonymous No. 170763

>>170760
The nearest MMA club is like 100 km.

Anonymous No. 170777

>>170755
>Shito ryu karate
Seems to be legit okinawan Karate, you'll get: Grappling, self-defense techniques and applications, lots of hard work, a grown bamboo does not compete with the growing bamboo, a nail that sticks out gets hammered down etc etc.

If the Thai Boxing isn't just a cardio class then yeah, its the same as Myau Thai, its usually called so by idiot mericans.

Anonymous No. 170824

>>170755
Spend a month training at each one and then decide which you enjoy most.

Anonymous No. 170926

>>170755
With those options I would pick Muay Thai/Thai Boxing. My best experiences are with JKD/Kali and Krav Maga.

Anonymous No. 170929

>>170755
I normally wouldn't recommend taekwondo but you should always choose the place closest to you. That 30km drive will stop you dead in your tracks I've seen it happen so many times. Do the taekwondo for a few months and see if you actually like the whole martial arts thing. If you do then you can start to consider the other options.

Anonymous No. 170935

>>170763
In that case, do muay thai/kickboxing and wrestling.

Anonymous No. 170952

>>170929
another option is to find a good seminar and schedule vacation time to attend one. I'm biased towards Krav Maga, FMA and JKD seminars. I'd say learn the basics from a good street defense system first. After you learn some basics, then you can concentrate on an art like a Kung Fu style.

Image not available

1280x720

maxresdefault.jpg

Anonymous No. 170961

>>170755
As an other person said, I would start with teakwond to see if you like it, for the 30 km ride to other gyms may discourage you.
It happens with time, and ahving a gym or dojang or dojo close to you is good, especially when you start.
You should do one year of taekwondo and see where do you want to go from there, at the very least this first year will get you in better shape.

Anonymous No. 171238

do the one thats closest to you that you will go to consistently