Image not available

708x398

Untitled-design-48.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 171101

>too old to get good at skating

Anonymous No. 171116

>>171101
I've seen a progression video of a dude taking up skateboarding in his 40s.
He got pretty good, at least good enough to have a lot of fun.
You are probably watching pro video parts and thinking you have to be at that level to enjoy skateboarding.
Just Skate, bro. It was always about not giving a fuck and just skating.

https://youtu.be/5BRZoqUTD5M?si=4Bo_AN_ldG6waPpH

Anonymous No. 171241

How old? I am 28 and I can do some basic things
>drop in
>rock to fakie
>carve a bowl
>reverts/small powerslides
>manuals
>body varials

This is all entry level stuff nothing impressive but it's low risk so I can still have fun and not worry about missing work because I broke my wrist or something. And it's enough variety that I can have fun with my board. If you just skate to have fun you will naturally expand your skillset over time. Also learn how to fall without killing yourself because it will happen.

Anonymous No. 171264

>>171101
there are better ways to get zoomer bitches.

Anonymous No. 171266

>>171101
throw longboard wheels on a skate deck and rip around and have fun boomer

Anonymous No. 171804

>>171101
You aren’t too old, I’m starting in my late 20’s, honestly modern street skating is super technical almost to a fault, it’s mad easy to spend months or years to do even the basic shit like a kick flip, try some older shit, I don’t live near a park but I’ve been doing more old school stuff like boneless’, boneless flips, shuv variations and flatland stuff. Most of which can be learned in a few days to a week. Originally it was just something to do while trying to learn kickflips but honestly I have that much fun with this goofy stuff that I forget to even practice ollies or kick flips most of the time. Boneless especially are much easier than ollies and can go as high or as far as you can jump, the hard part is making them look not shit

Anonymous No. 171889

>>171101
truth is you're just too fat and you exude manlet nerd energy

Anonymous No. 172217

>>171241
I started at 20, 30 now, and this this basically my bag of tricks too.
Add In any ollie and push some switch and you're GOLDEN.

Anonymous No. 172261

Back when my bones were made of rubber it was fun

Anonymous No. 172277

>>172261
Unless you're like 50 your bones are probably stronger than when you were a teen. I think it's just that getting injured as an adult is inconvenient in so many more ways. It can impede your ability to drive and work depending on the injury. Plus you're not nearly as stupid. Trying to jump the stairs seems not insane to the 15 year old brain, the 28 year old knows better and can forecast the pain and recovery.

Anonymous No. 172323

>>171804
boneless looks retarded unless you're going down some huge stair or something

Anonymous No. 172745

problem is falls hurt so much more now

Anonymous No. 172774

>>172261
>>172277
>Unless you're like 50 your bones are probably stronger
There is two things on this when being older:
>Bones are harder
>You have more weight
>Stronger but more brittle
Young persons bones are slightly more flexible.

Anonymous No. 172808

>>171264
trickle the knowledge

Anonymous No. 172833

>>171116
this. with any sports. youre only too late to learn and do these things when youre 6 feet underground.

Anonymous No. 173093

skating is something you "get good" at when youre 8-13 and your mother is still making you lunch and dinner and you have 0 responsibility..

then if youre good enough you get sponsored so by the time youre 20-30 you will be doing really sick shit and its not cringe

id love to skate but realistically i need to make money, i dont have time. i need to go to the gym and take care of myself and family.

okay if you start at 30 you might learn some tired old tricks but you need to pad up and fall 1000x times and probably lose your high paying job due to "wanting to skateboard" as a fad

shoulda git gud when you were young instead of playing vidya and jacking off.. thats the redpill..

Anonymous No. 173103

>>173093
At least I can rocket jump

Anonymous No. 173304

I used to skate in my teens and honestly I am perfectly comfortable watching pro videos and playing Skate 3. I can't risk getting hurt nowadays.

Anonymous No. 175772

>>171264
yeah skateboarding is male birth control, nothing girls hate more than an emotionally unavailable autistic who’s special interest is a sport that you can’t even make money off of

Anonymous No. 175784

>>173093
>okay if you start at 30 you might learn some tired old tricks but you need to pad up and fall 1000x times and probably lose your high paying job due to "wanting to skateboard" as a fad
this sounds so fucking retarded lmao

Anonymous No. 175785

>>171101
Fix your attitude.