Image not available

678x452

images (3).jpg

๐Ÿงต Less CTE in kickboxing fights

Anonymous No. 171606

How come there's less CTE in kickboxing than mma/boxing? Not to say there aren't any but...

Anonymous No. 171613

>>171606
I seen a body chart displaying the probability where a strike is likely to land depending on sport. I can't remember the exact figures: in boxing 80% - 90% of the strikes land to the head. Meanwhile in kickboxing and mma, the strikes were more evenly distributed throughout the legs and body.

Anonymous No. 171663

>>171606
There isn't less CTE though. The worst CTE is probably in muay thai guys

Anonymous No. 171665

Fighting is an awful hobby and an even worse way to make a living
If you do this kind of stuff for any other reason than it's a fun way to exercise then you're a total cringe lord

Anonymous No. 171686

>>171663
Nope, dutch kickboxers have it worse. Muay thai sparring is light most of the time, they only go hard in 9 minutes fights. Dutch kickboxers spar hard alot.

Anonymous No. 171736

>>171686
They fight multiple times a week though

Anonymous No. 171748

>Why do people who aren't having any data recorded having lower instances of data than people who slightly have data recorded

Anonymous No. 171775

>>171748
Nailed it. We have studies on hundreds of boxers and football players. As far as we can tell, kickboxers and MMA fighters have the exact same exposure to risk. But because you can only diagnose CTE with certainty after death, there's no official data yet. Don't expect to ever see this data for muay thai. That culture refuses to acknowledge the extent of the problem.

Anonymous No. 171928

>>171748
>>171775
Ok but explain the lack of symptoms in legendary oldschool kickboxers? I dont know any K1,old school muay thai,full contact karatekas that shows any signs of alzhemeirs. MMA/UFC is younger than kickboxers and yet the fighters there show more symptoms.

Anonymous No. 171929

>>171928
Even pro wrestling has more CTE than kickboxing ever will....