Image not available

768x482

fisted.jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 174528

If you had a kid what martial art would you get them started in for maximum ass kicking before they hit high school?
No I will not teach them to make pipe bombs.

Anonymous No. 174530

Judo

Anonymous No. 174549

>>174528
>No I will not teach them to make pipe bombs
Cringe
Any sort of grappling really. Be it wrestling, judo, BJJ, doesn't really matter
That or, if you want them to learn striking, kyokushin. There are better striking arts but I wouldn't want my kid to suffer TBI retardation before they're adults

Anonymous No. 174552

>>174530
This is a good choice I would pick Judo but maybe boxing aswell

Image not available

1024x1024

1698907413586330.jpg

Anonymous No. 174567

>>174528
I think Judo, with some Karate added to it. Judo is great, developes a manly physique, and you can dominate any untrained guy with it. Karate is... ok. It gets the child accustomed to kicks and punches, although you need to train them in the important things, like how to spot sucker punches, counterpunching, not stopping after 1 punch....
Boxing would be great, but you never know if your gym has good people or all the half criminals selli g drugs and so on.
Wrestling is also great but not that easy to find in my country.
If you start the child at 7 in Judoand then proceed at 12 with Karate he should be fit and capable.

Anonymous No. 174568

Wrestling. Your taxes are already paying for it.

Anonymous No. 174578

>>174528
Honestly boxing to start because it's a practical way to learn self defense in the shortest amount of time. Then get into stuff like kickboxing (pick your flavor) judo, wrestling because it takes longer to be able to learn these skills effectively

Image not available

960x540

why its wrestling.jpg

Anonymous No. 174592

>>174528
>t. ex-bullied kid and educator
Wrestling is the optimal choice and it's not even close
>Judo
only serious competitor, but throws tend to just do "okay" across massive puberty height and weight differences. Judo's ground game also isn't good enough to get you out of jams.

>BJJ
Next best after judo but bad at initiation. Most fights against a bully begin like
>"haha, look at me fucking with you, what are YOU going to do about it?"
at which point if you want to stand up for yourself, you need to close distance and start the fight. Pure BJJ unfortunately doesn't give you good tools to do this in the MMA "school fights" context, so you're setting up for your kid to get the absolute shit punched out of them if they try and fail to initiate the grapple against someone bigger.

Worse, if they DO succeed? Unless the bully taps (lol, lmao even), psychopathic-ly breaking another kid's joints or choking them unconscious is gonna get you sued and your kid expelled. You also need to assume that in the age of the smartphone, ANY fight is being recorded on a half-dozen kid's phones, and a video of your kid actively attempting to strangle another kid is a huge "future ruining" item, win or lose.

>Striking and boxing
They don't work across the puberty line. Most kids who are bullied aren't that physically fit and don't actually hit that hard, and even if they do, punching in cropped video and in the administration's eyes ALWAYS make your child look like the aggressor if they're actually landing successful hits, ESPECIALLY marking hits (bullies are massive cry-babies if you start winning). Long-term, boxing also poses a pretty serious CTE risk for a developing kid.

VERSUS THE CHAD WRESTLING
>Prioritizes and trains healthy raw athleticism that discourages bullying in the first place
>No CTEs + Low injury rates
>Works amazingly across the puberty line
>Non-marking on the bully
>Looks peaceful, is very not
>Starts and ends fights well
It's not even a contest.

Anonymous No. 174594

>>174528
>No I will not teach them to make pipe bombs.
Prepare to lose your son early then. Nothing beats a well placed pipe bomb.

Anonymous No. 174596

>>174592
>>No CTEs + Low injury rates
This only applies on mats, with wrestlers who know how to break a fall
If your kid slams their bully onto a hard surface like concrete or tiled floor, and especially if the little retard hits his head, I can't imagine the situation being any better than if your kid choked or knocked them out

๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ Anonymous No. 174599

>>174596
You'd think this would be a problem, but kids are shorter so falls are way less bad and look way less bad, too. Plus, even if it's fucking stupid, unless the bully dies
>bully took a hard fall and hit his head
to administrations, unless the kid's in the hospital or dead, still somehow looks WAY less bad than
>bully got punched in the face and has a few small cuts
Because the former, especially if bystanders report provocation, feels more like a "fuck around find out" force of nature, and the latter is indisputably attributable to your kid. It's not fair, it's fucking stupid, but it hardcore works in a wrestler's favor

Double fortunately as well, this doesn't tend to be a problem. Double legs or single legs with inside trips tend to be decently controlled falls even by normies even on concrete or tile, and most wrestlers don't even slightly struggle to hit them against untrained opponents.

I finally think worrying about bad falls is mostly theoretical anyways, because it's literally the outcome in almost all child fights - kids throw two sloppy punches, someone goes for the headlock, the kids clinch, then either other kids and staff gets there and stops the fight, or more frequently (like nine times out of ten) the kids fighting are going to the ground anyways and will need to be pulled off of each other.

Anonymous No. 174601

>>174596
You'd think this would be a problem, but kids are shorter so falls are way less bad and look way less bad, too. Plus, even if it's fucking stupid,
>bully took a hard fall and hit his head
To the administration? Unless the kid's in the hospital or dead, it still somehow looks WAY less bad than
>bully got punched in the face and has a few small cuts
Because the former, especially if bystanders report provocation, feels more like a "fuck around find out" force of nature, and the latter is indisputably attributable to your kid. It's not fair, it's fucking stupid, but it hardcore works in a wrestler's favor

Double fortunately as well, this doesn't tend to be a problem. Double legs or single legs with inside trips tend to be decently controlled falls even by normies even on concrete or tile, and most wrestlers don't even slightly struggle to hit them against untrained opponents.

I finally think worrying about bad falls is mostly theoretical anyways, because it's literally the outcome in almost all child fights - kids throw two sloppy punches, someone goes for the headlock, the kids clinch, then either other kids and staff gets there and stops the fight, or more frequently (like nine times out of ten) the kids fighting are going to the ground anyways and will need to be pulled off of each other.

Anonymous No. 174602

Most of the CTE risks in kids wrestling come from weight cutting. I don't know what rules club wrestling is under, but kids aren't cutting crazy nearly as much anymore unless you're at a very competitive school. And if you are, it's probably too late to be good enough to even go to try outs to be able to train.

Anonymous No. 174603

Echoing wrestling. The curriculum has a unique effect on kids. 100% of wrestlers I met in school had an easy confidence and didn't get fucked with. Not that they couldn't be nervous, it's just the bitchmade demeanor that attracts bullies wasn't there at all.

Plus, school is your only chance to train it.

Anonymous No. 175207

>>174530
fpbp

Anonymous No. 175249

>>174528
>Karate+Judo+Jiujitsu
Striking, Throws, and Submissions. In terms of offense, it's all you need.

Anonymous No. 175253

>>174528
Judo and Muay Thai.
>No I will not teach them to make pipe bombs.
Fucking faggot. Your kid might as well be a tranny.

Image not available

600x409

5c100bb13301d8a75....png

Anonymous No. 175307

>>174528
dynamite no jutsu

Anonymous No. 175316

>>174528
I'll be honest with you OP, your question is dumb as all shit.

Western kids should never be doing "ass kicking" martial arts before they are 15. Those arts are dangerous and will end up causing more injuries than they prevent. Boxing's effect on a minor will literally drop their IQ for the rest of their life and one bad judo throw can put out a disk in a spine or neck.

These aren't your choices to make. If your kid desperately wanted to do one of these martial arts then that would be different but chances are they don't.

Be a responsible parent and put them in a pansy martial art until they decide to move on to something more serious or quit.

Kids Karate, Taekwondo, Wing Chun and Aikido exist for a reason, it gives them a chance to learn hand eye coordination and the very basics of a fight in a safe environment. Send them to one of these for a year or two then ask if they want to try something harder.

Anonymous No. 175730

>>174603
>100% of wrestlers I met in school had an easy confidence and didn't get fucked with. Not that they couldn't be nervous, it's just the bitchmade demeanor that attracts bullies wasn't there at all.
Seconding this. Karatekas/boxers were angry bitches who started fights. Greco boys were chill chads.

Anonymous No. 175790

>>174528
May as well find them an MMA gym. It is arguably the most popular and effective.

Anonymous No. 175809

>>174603
Children's wrestling programs are a growing trend now which is pretty cool. The only down side to wrestling I see is the weight cutting they do. People going through childhood or puberty should not be doing that

Anonymous No. 175814

>>175809
it's true, most wrestlers become terminal manlets

Image not available

960x1200

CnlFpADVIAEG5cS.jpg

Anonymous No. 175831

>>174528
Put them in gymnastics until they're around 11-12. You get the positives of martial arts (flexibility, balance, coordination, etc.) without any damage. Then when they're around the age to start puberty, their minds are developed enough to comprehend techniques beyond the extreme surface level. That's when you put them in martial arts. I recommend wrestling or judo since they're effective, relatively safe, and cheap (and could be offered by their school depending on where you are). Later on in high school, you can have them do some striking.

That's the way it was done in the Soviet sports system (and today for those academies that are still around). All the kids started in gymnastics and went off into whatever sport they were going to do later on. Shit clearly works as they produced a score of amazing athletes.

>but muh wrestling since I was 4
Much ado is made about start kids in martial arts when they're young, but how much are they actually retaining? A 4 year old who can barely walk without shitting his pants isn't going to understand any technical martial arts instruction. For every Khabib who started young, there's a dozen guys with the same background who washed out at the high school or college level.

Anonymous No. 175864

>>174528
Judo and maybe some Boxing cross training but not much, wouldn't want my kid getting CTE during development but he should understand striking

Anonymous No. 175866

>>175831
>implying kids don't bomb out of gymnastics when they're not in Soviet sports school
The drop off happens post-high school in real countries.

Anonymous No. 176297

>>175864
Amazing how people have been absolutely memed into believing that any amount of contact sports will give you cte

Anonymous No. 176385

>>174528
I wouldn't make my kid take martial arts lessons unless he (or she) wanted it. I'm a man of peace.

Anonymous No. 176388

>>174528
In this order in my opinion.
BJJ/Judo (competent instructors) > wrestling > boxing. The reality is you probably want MMA but obviously you don't want a developing brain to get repeatedly struck by a gloved fist. When he gets older he should probably branch out in to more disciplines just so he's able to defend himself properly.

Anonymous No. 176389

>>174528
Wrestling is the best answer if you are in the western world. Nothing wrong with judo or BJJ but it's not trained as a serious sport in the same way so it will not lead to as much success as a starting base.