Image not available

2240x1592

pablo-castro-bjj.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 180343

>Practices only one martial art
>It's BJJ

Why are so many bjj fags like this? Literally any other style is a better and cooler option

Anonymous No. 180344

>>180343
I just like it

Anonymous No. 180349

>>180344
You might be gay. Any man voluntarily choosing to roll around tightly grasping sweaty men sounds pretty gay to me.

Anonymous No. 180352

>>180349
If you can’t handle touching another man without popping a stiffy sounds like you might be the gay one

Anonymous No. 180353

>>180343
BJJ is judo for lazy stoners and brown people. There aren't a lot of martial arts that let you just sit on your ass or lay on your back the whole time so they stick with BJJ.

>>180352
OP is always a fag.

Image not available

220x143

uragayerversionof....gif

Anonymous No. 180357

>>180352
>projecting gay fantasies
>predatory homo language
>overtly defensive
Voluntarily
Wrestling
Sweaty
Dudes
For
Prolonged
Periods
Of
Time
Is
Really
Fucking
Gay
>>180352
>picrel
It's you. That is who you sound like.

Anonymous No. 180358

>>180343
>style

Anonymous No. 180367

>>180357
>projecting
>defensive
You’re the one who brought up homosexuality, weirdo

Anonymous No. 180370

I'm a brown belt AMA

Anonymous No. 180372

>>180370
How much weed do you smoke?

Anonymous No. 180375

>>180370
Why can't you wrestle? Why do you get mad when I (a white belt) snap you down? Why are you always butt scooting, where you born a bitch?

Anonymous No. 180378

>>180343
There's competition that's alive and well, it's all over the place, decent workout, wrestling and judo are hard to find as an adult especially competitiveness, but I do need to practice muay thai, I think bjj would work in some self defense situations but most definitely isn't reliable as the go to for a real fight with an untrained person who doesn't care about rules or is drunkenly stronger then you, it's just that scheduling muay thai and bjj between my job is hard asf

Anonymous No. 180379

>>180372
I don't use weed or alcohol. If you treat your body like a garbage dump it will become one
>>180375
I tried wrestling in my youth but thought the singlet and fingering my partners asshole were too gay for my taste
I've likely warned you I have a compromised disk in my neck so if you're going to gratuitously snap my head down without actually going for something other than snapping my head down, or worse yet club me over the neck repeatedly while pretending you're looking for a collar tie I'm going to take it personally and make you suffer for it. if you accidentally hurt my neck I may accidentally hold a sub an extra few seconds and say "sorry bro didn't mean it" like you did to me.
I dont butt scoot, I'm fully grown and that's only something manlets and women do

isn't everyone kind of born a bitch? just laying there crying and shitting on yourself, can't even roll over if you were suffocating. Little idiots don't even pay rent

Anonymous No. 180386

What's with the BJJ hate? I'm a judo orange belt and BJJ has taught me some things.

Anonymous No. 180387

>>180386
It’s popular and therefore bad

Anonymous No. 180389

>>180386
How to be a mildly efficient rapist?

Anonymous No. 180390

>>180387
>reductionist argument
You know it's more than that but you can't help your faggy tendencies.

Anonymous No. 180391

>>180367
Pretty sure BJJ did that.

Anonymous No. 180392

>>180387
>It’s popular
not particularly. It's a niche activity found mostly in the coastal US and australia
Judo is more popular everywhere else including in brazil and is even a nationally subsidized sport there
the people that go into jiujitsu are the ones that couldn't cut it in judo

Anonymous No. 180395

>>180386
4channers are larpers who watch too much mma and shitpost on /heem/

Anonymous No. 180396

>>180392
I live in big city in Eastern Europe in post USSR country and we have like 5-6 BJJ schools. 2 jf them existed 15 years ago. The first judo club for adults appeared 5 years ago and it still the only one club. Still no sambo clubs for adults despite sambo is pretty popular for kids here.

Anonymous No. 182310

>>180392
Wtf are you talking about. Posts like this remind me that 4chan larpers truly exist in a separate world. A much gayer, separate world.

Now come here and let me pass your guard and get into that bjjussy

Anonymous No. 182313

bjj is just jj which is just judo

Image not available

680x1483

Basically Just Judo.jpg

Anonymous No. 182314

>>182313

Anonymous No. 182316

>>182314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNb527CGkvY&t=425s

Image not available

1616x784

Screenshot_202312....jpg

Anonymous No. 182320

>>182316

Anonymous No. 182340

I like it because I'm bad at it and want to become more well rounded. I have decent striking and a good stand up grappling game, but I'm pretty bad on the ground.

Anonymous No. 182517

it's for homos who want to get into martial arts but don't want to get punched or kicked in the face

Anonymous No. 182522

>>182517
Why would you want to get punched and kicked in the face?

Anonymous No. 182591

The best martial art, this 30 years old footage and early UFC prove it.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_tWZaVugz8

Anonymous No. 182594

>>182591
Don't be silly

Anonymous No. 182600

https://youtu.be/EAJ2vt8wUbY?si=fTDsiguM5QkETItQ
Owned by a karatefag.

Anonymous No. 182727

>>182522
Because I want to do it to others

Anonymous No. 182765

>>182600
The karate guy trained jiujitsu.
I can't believe he would choke the bjj guy without having trained in BJJ.

Anonymous No. 182796

It's fun. It's readily-available since BJJ gyms are so ubiquitous in Western Europe . It's very effective for defending myself against a single attacker. I can develop fitness. I can get out of the house away from my wife for 2-3 hours and shoot the shit with some guys.

You gay retard.

Anonymous No. 182800

>>182796
I always find it funny how when guys have a wife and kids the best moments of their day are spent trying to get away from them
Lol what a scam

Anonymous No. 182814

>>182800
I don't know about the 'best moments of their day' bit but you will come to learn that spending 100% of your free time with a woman is not is not good for your mental health

Anonymous No. 182817

>>182814
My friend told me he intentionally forgets things at the store so he has to go back out and not be around his shitty kid

Anonymous No. 182826

>>182817
>go back out and not be around his shitty kid
Sounds like your friends sucks at fatherhood.

Anonymous No. 182835

>>182826
most of the guys I talk to didn't even want their kids, they just did it because their wives wanted them
and the only reason they got married is because their wives would've left them if they didn't

it's basically an ultimatum, give me legal entitlement to all your property or I'll go let someone else blow my back out who will

Anonymous No. 182841

>>182835
You must hang around some shitheads. My kid was unplanned and I honestly couldn't imagine a life without them.

Anonymous No. 182843

>>182600
What's that guy he's fighting trying to do?
It looks like a halfassed tomoe nage.

Anonymous No. 182845

>>182841
I don't think so, I'm seeing people from all walks of life
I'm not even an incel, I'm voluntarily girlfriend free
I lift weights, have all my hair, and my penis is approximately the dimensions of a 12oz redbull can. But I've had my share of gfs and all of them suck, and then at first I felt a little jealous thinking all these guys I know met good girls. but then as I observe deeper I see how unhappy they all are

Anonymous No. 182846

>>180370
Did you ever spar with a judoka and if so did it feel different from sparring with a BJJ practitioner?

Anonymous No. 182848

>>182835
That's pretty fucked. I married my wife because I wanted her to have my children.

Anonymous No. 182858

>>182846
The judo players will do basic attacks, but the basics are the basics for a reason
They also send things way harder so there's a little bit of a fuck you element if you're not ready for it. They aren't being dicks, it's just that the sport demands quick movements so that's what the players will do.

Judo vs bjj is actually a bad match up for bjj and it's easy to fall into a trap, because a beej player is very willing to accommodate taking a bottom position, and a judo player will absolutely not let you back up no matter what. You only make that mistake once
The jiujitsu guys really are not effective at pinning because the sport wants you to advance positions and not simply hold them, it can be a rude awakening when you think your escapes are good and someone that has spent a lot of time where pinning is the goal gets on top of you

I've seen a lot of purple belts step off the mat baffled at how the judo guy was able to crush them from the top
They're kinda feeling themselves at that stage and then some fat guy with a bad knee from a style they've been told kinda sucks gives them the daddy treatment
And maybe they didn't get tapped or anything, but they got their guts squished

Anonymous No. 182875

>>182845
Ngl brother, this post has strong gymcel energy. Your dick size and whether you lift weights are only of tertiary importance when you're finding a partner. More to the point though, it's sad and fucked up about what happens to these guys but that's generally what happens when you don't have any self-respect and become a slave to sex as a source of comfort.

Anonymous No. 183003

>>180343
compared to other arts its low impact when you spar and it doesnt take alot of athleticism to beat a white belt if you know what you're doing. So it gets the 25+ older demographic of people who has money but dont need a concussion the next day interfering with their white collar job.
Any art thats safer than bjj when you spar isnt teaching you to fight very effectively. Thats just how it is when you go on the ground
>t.judoka

Anonymous No. 183008

>>183003
Judo is arguably safer if you do real judo with proper breakfalls instead of bullshit sport judo where you hurt yourself to make your opponents' throws score worse.

Anonymous No. 183022

>>183008
A bad fall can happen anytime during randori and the constant impact you receive while training has consequences even with proper breakfalls but bjj is equally bad for shoulders neck back legs fucking everything. So yeah real martial arts suck for the health.

Anonymous No. 183037

>>180386
It's effective but it get over-amplified by the success in the early UFC from the 90s and modern MMA rules (no soccer kicks when an opponent is on the ground in MMA).

BJJ is good IF you have good takedowns. BJJ weakness compared to wrestling is takedowns. A good wrestler with good takedown defence and with decent boxing and just stop takedowns and punch the lights out of a BJJ guy.
Only learning BJJ means you build up bad habits for a real fight like pulling guard (get kicked in the head instantly).

TL;DR learn BJJ with good takedowns AND a striking art.

Anonymous No. 183038

>>180392
Delusional.
BJJ is now getting massive everywhere because of the increasing popularity of the UFC.

Anonymous No. 183042

>>183038
Yorop being 10 years behind American trends is nothing new
Bjj tournaments including the big ones are completely dead now, that's why ibjjf is scrambling to radically change the rules and make it more attractive
Year over year participation is shrinking

Anonymous No. 183044

>>183037
Wow, so literally every single UFC fighter ever
>>182835
Sounds like the problem is all your friends value attachment less sex and don't care about creating a legacy either, while their wives were focused on creating pure and lasting love while nurturing new life

🗑️ Anonymous No. 183084

>>180349
>uhm no it is actually YOU who is gay for not wanting to put your face in other dudes sweaty crotch
This will eternally be the dumbest non-argument fags have ever invented

Anonymous No. 183085

>>180352
>uhm no it is actually YOU who is gay for not wanting to put your face in other dudes sweaty crotch
This will eternally be the dumbest non-argument fags have ever invented

Anonymous No. 183953

>>180343
I'm too sore/tired and my fingers hurt too much to do anything else.

Anonymous No. 183964

>>183953
>my fingers hurt too much to do anything else
Do taekwondo, you won't hurt your fingers and you'll have the two ends of the fighting autism spectrum covered.

Anonymous No. 183971

>>180343
Half the people I know that do bjj do muai thai cause they’re almost always offered in the same place.

Anonymous No. 183973

>>182835
I’m a father and I enjoy spending time with my son.

Anonymous No. 184027

>>180343
I only have so much free time and it has enough depth that I don't feel the need to wander. It's also easy enough on the body relative to other live sparring MAs that it's mostly sustainable. 2 years in and I was out 6 weeks with a busted rib. Non-full contact sparring MAs are a waste of time unless you're into the woowoo eastern philosophy bs.

Anonymous No. 184028

>>182800
I train with my kid. Checkmate faggot.

Anonymous No. 184045

>>183964
yeah but the local tkd schools are run by smug happas

Anonymous No. 184141

>>183038
BJJ has exploded in popularity the past 30 years, but Judo has been around far long and well-entrenched globally as a respectable combat sport and martial art. Judo is also cheap because it's run for non-profit unlike BJJ.

What >>180392 said about Judo being more popular in Brazil than BJJ is actually correct. BJJ had a bad reputation in the 1950's and 1960's thanks to Vale Tudo and street fights. Brazil wanted to clean its act together so that it could host the 1965 World Judo Championships (which the Gracies used to challenge Anton Geesink to a match). To this day, Judo is seen as prestigious in Brazilian society.

I'm a wrestler/Sombo guy so I'm pretty neutral here. I have a lot of respect for both BJJ and Judo since the former is a distant cousin while the latter is part of its ancestry. Grappling in any form is the most nonsensical form of unarmed fighting and we should be better than this.

>>182313
>>182314
>>182316
No one person can claim all of Jiu-Jitsu Brasiliero as its own. The Gracies were some of its greatest pioneers, but there's a ton of Japanese emigrants (besides Maeda) and other Brazilians that helped shape its formation.

As for BJJ = Basically Just Judo is nonsense.

In the 1940s and 1950s, the differences weren't that vast because footage and video show the Brazilians doing takedowns/throws/trips, pre-WW2 combatives, and of course groundfighting that weren't too dissimilar to judo decades earlier.

By the 1970's, BJJ and Judo moved into separate paths overall because Judo was focusing on international competition while BJJ honed itself from self-defense and challenge matches.

Anonymous No. 184318

>>180343
It's not hard to understand. It's the most hyped martial art right now due to Joe Rogan and his merry troop of sycophants. The UFC is bigger than ever before. It's effective against people that don't grapple and that's basically every human being that is likely to throw a punch at your head. It's low impact, unlike Judo, so it is mistakenly seen as safer for both children and broken or old adults. No normal person is going to train three different martial arts or some made up MMA martial art with no pedigree. Hell people have a hard enough time getting through a week as is without hopping from hobby to hobby every second day of the week.

Anonymous No. 184451

>>180379
>promised disk in my neck so if you're going to gratuitously snap my head down without actually going for something other than snapping my head down, or worse yet club me over the neck repeatedly while pretending you're looking for a collar tie I'm going to take it personally and make you suffer for it. if you accidentally hurt my neck I may accidentally hold a sub an extra few seconds and say "sorry bro didn't mean it" like you did to me.
>I dont butt scoot, I'm fully grown and that's only something manlets and women do

Are you me? We should be friends. I need another me to train with. I hate all my training partners. My academy is all liberal and too family oriented. I feel like a stranger in a strange land and share these exact same conditions and opinions.

Anonymous No. 184631

>>180379
>yeah bro let's wrestle because I'm tough, I don't butt scoot!
>oh but wait don't grab my head! ouchie
>you accidentally hurt me by doing exactly what it takes to wrestle, so now I'm going to hold submissions too long
Why are so many brown belts crybaby faggots? I swear every brown belt I know that isn't a young prodigy is like this. Typically out of shape, bald, bearded, etc.

Anonymous No. 184635

>>184631
>the average starting age for jiujitsu is 27
>guys in their mid to late 30s have injuries from doing a contact sport for years
ya don't say!

you'd never say it to a brown belts face though because you'd get beat up, so what does that make you?

Anonymous No. 184636

>>184631
Majority of the ones I know are pretty busted up. Have about 13 black belts in our gym and the ones under 200lbs seem to be fine. Maybe because the heavier guys play more smash-y type games? The brown belts fell into this split too.

Anonymous No. 184637

>>184635
Honestly the out of shape ones he's talking about don't take too long to beat. If you take your training seriously, you can develope the skill and athleticism needed to bridge that belt gap. Athletic brown belts are a nightmare though. The combo of strength, skill, AND speed can be pretty intense.

Anonymous No. 184638

>>184635
>>184636
>Have about 13 black belts in our gym and the ones under 200lbs seem to be fine
Funny how being fat and knowing 0 technique leads to injuries...

Anonymous No. 184640

>>184638
I can tell you're the guy that lives under side control and constantly copes saying the guy is too big, but the reality is he's being polite and only giving you 20% of his full pressure and you still can't escape because he's just simply better at jiujitsu than you

Anonymous No. 184641

>>184638
They definitely know technique, but their ability implement it is reduced. Carrying more weight of any kind makes stand-up more risky at the very least.