Image not available

1000x600

Dricus-Du-Plessis....jpg

🗑️ 🧵 UFC 297

Anonymous No. 180499

So Du Plessis is gonna fuck up Strickland right?

Anonymous No. 180507

>>180499
Nah, and I bet the anon below this posts penis that Strickland wins.

Anonymous No. 180510

>>180507
And why? DDP might be out paced but he has unorthodox power. Not only that but Sean has been picked apart by pressure strikers and DDP's chin is still relatively good.
Sean has to out pace that weight bully and he has done the impossible, but I don't think DDP won't let it happen

Anonymous No. 180519

>>180510
Some little zef star's been huffin too much jenkem.

Anonymous No. 180797

>>180499
I don't think so, sean is pure striker, he's not easy as shittaker, although dricus could cause some trouble but, not that chimaev or usman tier. he will definately win by ko/tko or decision.

Anonymous No. 180799

>>180499
Depends on if Strickland can handle his strength. Du Pussy will try and bully him in the clinch I think. Doubt he is eager to have a kickboxing match after the Israel fight lol.

Anonymous No. 180836

hope so since strickland is a fluke, a paper champion that won because izzy is on the way out

Anonymous No. 180843

Merry Christmas boys
Stay safe, don't get heemed

Anonymous No. 180846

>>180836
Average buttmad Izzy fan

Anonymous No. 180852

>>180499
DDP is going to beat the fuck out of strickland if you asked who would be a tougher fight Sean or Robert for DDP months ago everyone would have unanimously agreed Whittaker.

Anonymous No. 181060

>>180499
Dup is going to give him a hard time and the fight will not be an easy watch.
This is a genuine 50/50. Sean approaching this as intelligently as he did the Izzy fight means he could win but DDP just seems an awkward fighter to have to deal with.
I cannot see there being a KO. This will be a grind.
>>180797
>>180852
>Whittaker
Just goes to show that not everything lasts forever and a man so highly regarded can still fall hard. I was thinking previously that Whittaker would fuck up DDP but he was genuinely awful in that fight

Anonymous No. 181062

>>180836
>>180846
Consider this. Strickland was considered a tune up fight for Izzy. He was never taken seriously and this led to the outcome of the fight.
Despite losing the belt to him, Izzy still does not take him seriously and has cast his eyes elsewhere on other opponents.
Izzy fucked himself over.

Anonymous No. 181064

>>180499
It's coming home.

Anonymous No. 181069

>>181062
Yes, that's true. I think Izzy takes Sean seriously now but he chooses to ignore him and avoid him because Sean embarrassed him and made him consider retiring. Sean had a perfect game plan and executed it flawlessly and Izzy had no answers. The better man won on the night but since some of Izzy's fanbase are overly sensitive metrosexuals they don't understand how fighting works and come up with all sorts of cope to explain away the loss.

Anyway I think Sean beats Dricus too but that's a much much more difficult fight and Sean is gonna be pushed hard

Anonymous No. 181127

>>181069
I love Izzy but everything during that fight he just looked off. Do not know what he was thinking.
Credit to Sean for that game plan and you can say his title reign is deserved.
>Dup
Awkward fucker. I do genuinely think this is an actual 50/50 considering his and Sean’s strengths. Both men work best to a game plan and Dricus knows he’s hard to deal with. I’d say Sean with a points victory

Anonymous No. 181140

>>181127
Izzy mentioned in like the fourth or fifth round that he couldn't find his jab. I think it was Sean's impeccable defense that made Izzy lose confidence. Also getting knocked down in the first forced him to play catch up the rest of the fight, and Izzy just isn't good at that.

Anonymous No. 181141

>>181060
Whittaker is all hype

Anonymous No. 181144

>>180836
This. An awkward defense and a 1-2 can only get you so far.
>>180797
>pure striker
He needs to get the job done in the first couple of rounds or he won't win, which he won't anyways.

Anonymous No. 181146

>>181140
Izzy was lost in that fight. Clear to see and Sean knew he had him rattled.
>>181141
I look at this objectively and you’re correct. A lot of the time if a fan likes a fighter they’re willing to lol over their shortcomings. Dricus made Whittaker look ordinary.
>>181144
This is the kind of fight to me that suggests it goes to points. Sean isn’t knocking Dricus out cold

Anonymous No. 181154

>>181146
Izzy's usual tactics of baiting his opponent into overextending didn't work and without that he really doesn't have much despite being the "stylebender".
Will be interesting to see if Sean can overcome the grappling of ddp, although I kind of doubt it.

Anonymous No. 181157

>>181154
“Stylebender” is more about how much of a weeb he marks himself out to be. Tactically he was always going to be found out when someone decided not to play his game.
Dricus’ grappling is going to be the hardest thing for Sean to deal with. Plus he doesn’t exactly knock people out. Dricus is going to be tougher than Izzy was

Anonymous No. 181176

>>181141
>>181146
Dude was champ and had beaten everyone aside from Izzy in the division. That's not hype, just facts. Dricus just was able to figure Whittaker out and overpower him. Doesn't take away anything from Whittaker's previous resume.

Anonymous No. 181245

>>181176
Whitaker gets dropped in similar ways every fight (flat on his ass from using the same head movement over and over again). One of these days someone was bound to finish him