Image not available

1130x897

Btg88.jpg

🧵 Helping school kid git gud

Anonymous No. 181243

My nephew is going to start primary school next year. My brother asked me for advice to find a place for him to learn self defense/basic fighting and general athletic thoughness( he's a valuable member of society and Im a street urchin)
What kind of Martial art is best to help a kid fuck up potential bullies, possibly older boys from other grades? I hate and distrust "kid classes", id like a school which actually makes him prepared to fight, he's not a toddler anymore.
So far I think: kyokushin karate + either boxing or K-1. Also maybe rugby? Grappling sports are super obscure here.
>Maybe just Sambo or Judo + full muay thai?
Also should I teach my nephew drills to perform eye gouges and nose hooking or that's too much even for a bully situation?

Anonymous No. 181251

>>181243
Karate is probably the best thing for kids to not get expelled out of their schools. The school might tolerate a punch and a kick but no knockouts nor Judo/Wrestling throws. It also serves as a good base to later learn Kickboxing or Muay thai.
>Also should I teach my nephew drills to perform eye gouges and nose hooking or that's too much even for a bully situation?
I can only aikido-esque locks (I have used it at school to deescalate a situation even though I had no MA background at the time), basic grappling techniques and defense and kicking in the balls (not too hard). Everything else that leaves a kid permanently injured is out of the question, mostly for legal reasons, not moral since bullies are normally niggers or other types of subhumans.

Anonymous No. 181252

>>181251
I can only recommend*

Anonymous No. 181255

just go for the good old proven stuff like wrestling, boxing and their respective variants. maybe whatever he likes the most.
>I hate and distrust "kid classes", id like a school which actually makes him prepared to fight, he's not a toddler anymore
he's not going to be put in adult class buddy

Anonymous No. 181257

>>181243
Where are you? Grappling is pretty much world wide.

I would get him a pull-up bar and gym rings point him to reddit recommend bodyweight workout.Teach him some movement's(look up usa wrestling movement drills). If you can get a 1tb drive and fill it with grappling torrent for him to study.

As for things outside of yourself I would recommend rugby and some form of wrestling(judo, sambo, greco, free style, bjj). Rugby gets him in touch with a team of friends which the best thing to have in hs. Wrestling is pretty safe and will make him bully proof.

Anonymous No. 181258

>>181243
Wrasslin if in the USA, just cause school wrestling programs are the only way to learn it.

Anyways, why don’t you pick out a few choices and have your nephew decide? Take him to an introductory class of each and let him pick the one he likes the most.
What matters most is not the 4chud benchracer opinion of which martial art is most effective on da streetz. What matters most is that he will actually like and continue to train in the martial art that he chooses. Who cares if you think boxing is le best martial in the world, when your nephew gets bored and quits after a month?

Anonymous No. 181287

>>181258
Post of great wisdom. This anon knows how to take care of kids.

>>181243
Gonna echo what a couple other guys said, find some form of grappling. Between wresting, judo, bjj, and local forms of folk grappling you've gotta be able to find something.

The biggest tactical advantage of grappling for schoolboy scuffles is that you learn the ability to control your opponent. You don't have to chuck him on his head, you can just hold him down til he chills (or smash him, or escape, as necessary).

Biggest strategic advantage of grappling is that it's generally a sport, so your nephew will get to be part of a team and make some friends, learn how to compete hard and play fair, be a good sport win or lose, etc. All this makes him a hell of a lot less likely to be bullied or get in fights in the first place.

But like the other guy said, the number 1 factor is what the kid likes to do. Get him into something he enjoys so he sticks with it.

Anonymous No. 181292

>>181243
Anything that has him actively practice live fighting with another person is going to put him at a level far above the average drooling public school student. That’s the important part. If you have legitimate boxing gyms near you that will be fine.