Image not available

1824x1216

skateboarding.jpg

🧵 Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 183749

how do i quit skateboarding?
i gotta focus on college and wageslaving sadly. i'm not gifted at it, but it's fun, and i'm kind of addicted.
i want to stop but i always find myself skating again. there's no point to it other than pure fun, but it robs me time i should spend on becoming a better wageslave / simp
i wish i could be a NEET, go gym and skate, but i can't, i'm not rich.
fuck i wish i enjoyed studying as much as i do enjoy skating
how tf do i stop? how do i forget about it?

Anonymous No. 183751

bruh it's called a hobby for that reason. you can find time for productive things and also skaitng.

Anonymous No. 183752

>>183751
i can't, i'm 24 and i feel like i'm 14. can't stop getting high on caffeine and workout. IM MOOOOOVIIING AAAAAA COOOOOOM

Anonymous No. 183754

>>183752
I'm 25 and I love to skate. can barely ollie. have fun at skating and enjoy the ripple effect when you persist and get better at it. skating teaches perseverance

Anonymous No. 183756

>>183749
>nike socks
>nike shoes
>nike pants
>nike shirt
This skateboarding post was bought to you by NikeSB™

Anonymous No. 183757

>>183754
i can do basic tricks. i'd suggest jumping rope. normal jumps and knees to chest, one leg at a time and both legs at the same time. you could train it in intervals like 30 seconds normal jumps, then 30 seconds of one leg at a time to chest, then 30 seconds normal jumps, then 30 seconds both knees to chest.
i'm kinda obssessed about skatemaxxing, i'm always motivated to workout in order to get better at skating.
but my mobility sucks, that's my biggest unsolvable issue. i have the strength, i lack the flexibility. got better at mobility thru 2 exercises: single leg calf raises (ankles) and bodyweight squats (hips)

Anonymous No. 183758

>>183756
nigga i just googled "skateboarding" and saved an image that looked decent, stfu

Anonymous No. 183759

americans turn 18 and think they can’t have fun anymore, and to be fair the amount of time you work sort of correlates to your earnings. but unless you want bags of money it might be foolish to give up hobbies in your 20s. i made this mistake for several years and wish i had been less strict with myself now that i have less time. full time salaried position and i make myself find time to have fun almost every day

Anonymous No. 183760

>>183759
i'm argentinian

Anonymous No. 183762

>>183760
Don't you have a better chance making money with an online business than getting a job in your country?
As you age you'll find free time inevitably disappears, I wouldn't be stressed about enjoying it for now.

Anonymous No. 183763

>>183762
i'm on college for computer science, i hope to become a programmer, i just can't put my mind into it, i have to be spoon fed at uni, otherwise i don't research new knowledge for myself. i hate this about myself

i've been skating a lot switch and it helped a lot, i think it's mainly because i'm resting the muscles i use for goofy stance, and i'm seeing a lot of progress. i'm less desperate about skating because thanks to this approach i know i will make progress.
the lack of progress had me going nuts, i need to be decent at skateboarding, it's like a proof to me that i'm athletic, i don't want to die and just be a gym goer, i want more for some unknown reason. i want to feel above average, that's the feeling i get when i land tricks, i'm doing some ninja shit, it's awesome

Anonymous No. 183764

>>183758
>an image that looked decent
The whole fit is atrocious albeit

Anonymous No. 183765

>>183764
idk bro i'm not a woman, i skate

Anonymous No. 183768

>>183765
I skate too. if you really want to quit just get rid of your set up. You could even give it to someone to hold onto and then when you feel more secure in your lifestyle you can pick it up again.

Anonymous No. 183774

>>183768
it's not like i want to, i should

Anonymous No. 183776

I dunno man your pretty smart, I held onto the skaterfag dream until I was 32, I wish I quit earlier and focused on my life, now im 32 and i have literally nothing except im kinda good at skateboarding, really besides your career the only other thing to focus on is relationships, if you have both of those then theres no problem skating, i have neither, don't end up like me

Anonymous No. 183785

Skating is for young people 10-23 desu
when you grow up you have too many obligations and you can't afford to break your ankle/legs/arms there's too many people relying on you + the wage big boy bucks job you worked hard to be rich

Unless you're a neet stoner manchild but those sort of people don't have motivation to go out and skate. It's just a young man's game really

If you really loved it you could still do 30mins - 1 hour every day. Don't tell me you couldnt

Anonymous No. 183790

>>183785
I skate 10 hours a week. If I didn't I'd probably kill myself

t. neet stoner manchild

Image not available

250x250

1300044776986.jpg

Anonymous No. 183796

>>183785
ancient 30y/o man here with stem career i still skate at the local parks im not very good but its still fun to do

Anonymous No. 183802

>>183790
That's good. I envy you in many ways

>>183796
That's not a proper man's job. Some nerd shit

Anonymous No. 183845

>>183802
oh yeah i should quit my high-paying easy job because some dweeb on 4chan doesn’t like it

Anonymous No. 184011

>>183760
AGUANTAAAAA

Just watch Hall of Meat until you feel sick and you'll not want to skate: https://youtu.be/4NSNLIpaw-U

Anonymous No. 186294

nah man, you never really quit skateboarding
just prioritize your time better