Image not available

720x441

Kick.jpg

๐Ÿงต Is it possible to teach myself how to kick?

Anonymous No. 184149

I just want to learn side/roundhouse kicks to the body and head, front kicks to the body and head, and leg kicks. Is it possible to teach myself proper kicking form? Or do I need a coach?

Anonymous No. 184150

You need to cultivate mobility and strength at the end range of motion, those factors are what chiefly inhibit people from becoming kickchads

Anonymous No. 184297

>>184150
This. Most people aren't mobile enough to do kicks. I lost my flexibility over the years and can't do anything I used to do in my teens. Oddly enough, I'm still more flexible than the average adult you'll meet.

Anonymous No. 184334

>>184150
I trained my flexibility in my garage for 2 years before I ever tried kickboxing. Wasn't even doing it for that purpose, it helped at work

Anonymous No. 185487

>>184149
NO

you need someone to correct you and teach you properly, you'll only have a half assed kick with no power and awfull technique not to mention that without sparring xp you can't really apply the kick so it is the same as not knowing it.

There is absolutely no self taught fighter in the history of fighting, at least not a single one worth mentioning

Anonymous No. 185494

>>184149
TKD Black Belt here. Yes, it is entirely possible to teach yourself to do some excellent kicks in a non-fighting situation. You only really need a partner to learn sparring and fighting.

Get yourself some small pads and hang them from something, you can practice precision kicks solo and for cheap like that.

Make sure you find a good kicking coach on online to demonstrate the basics and always be critical about your kicks to start with. Eventually you may get it right but kicks take longer than most martial arts techniques because of the flexibility and dexterity required.

Anonymous No. 185499

>>185487
There is a shit-ton of instruction videos and seems to be a real part of BJJ way of training

Anonymous No. 185543

>>184149
I mean seeing as many of us learned how to kick from complete idiots before the Internet even existed I seriously doubt you could do worse by following actual experts on kicking and watching their YouTube videos.

Anonymous No. 185798

>>185499
the thing is you'll never really see your own faults when you're training alone so you'll think that you're doing great when you actualy suck

not to mention that applying kicks in a sparring session is waaaay diferent than just kicking pads or a heavy bag

if you want to learn properly go to a gym with a real instructor or else don't even bother there is better stuff for you to do with your life