Image not available

1000x563

Eko-ground-and-po....jpg

🧵 Why do people act like fighting on da streetz is radically different than mma?

Anonymous No. 185398

>bro, you can't use bjj on da streetz cause the floor is lava and nails and glass are everywhere
>you can't use bjj cause knives and multiple opponents are everywhere (for some reason people who think so usually also think boxing is good for these while any sane person prefers gun fu or run fu)
>you can't kick on da streetz cause you'll lose your balance
>you can't use use the jab on da streetz cause it doesn't have knockout power
>or maybe don't use punches at all cause you'll break your knuckles
>you can't take me down cause I'll just punch/knee/eyepoke you
>street fights favor stronger people much more than any combat sport

Image not available

320x208

SmartSelect_20231....gif

Anonymous No. 185401

Anonymous No. 185403

>>185398
Mostly pushback against the Karate generation. Given MMA is, culturally, the new Karate... it's bled over to MMA and combat sports.

Granted, street fights are very situational, and there's very few situations where grappling or striking beats gun. Any sort of athleticism helps when forced to fight though, especially if its developed via practical combat sports.

Anonymous No. 185426

>>185401
What is this supposed to prove? He would’ve gotten stabbed if he tried to strike it out too

Anonymous No. 185449

>>185398
All of these have a grain of truth to them and might or might not be relevant depending on the context, but idiots can only think in absolute terms

Anonymous No. 185454

Every time someone tries to fight me in the street I pull out my scale and have a commision official sign off on it.

Image not available

320x239

SmartSelect_20240....gif

Anonymous No. 185466

>>185426
Cut? Probably yes
Fileted end to end like a holiday turkey and bleed to death on the sidewalk in about 15 seconds? Almost certainly not

Anonymous No. 185472

>>185398
>I have never been in a fight where my life was on the line & therefore do not understand advice that pertains to such
FTFY

Anonymous No. 185475

>>185472
Now I get it. If I were in a fight where my life was on the line I would quickly understand that palm strikes are the only effective kind of attack, kicking someone in the liver will get me instantly killed and standing your ground against an armed gang is a good strategy.

Anonymous No. 185479

>>185472
Yeah so don't get in fights where the guy is going to murder you, bozo. They make a weapon for that, it's called going the fuck somewhere else

Anonymous No. 185480

>>185479
>Only get in fights you know the potential outcome of
>Why is this useless for the streets

Anonymous No. 185482

>>185480
Not looking for a trouble is the best self defence

Anonymous No. 185486

>>185398
No one (who isn't a retard) says these things straight up won't work on the streets. Rather you just train MMA but with a different mindset than for competition if your focus is self defense. For example you won't prioritize complicated BJJ submissions or things like butterfly guard instead you will prioritize top control sprawl etc. You will still learn kicks but will focus more on boxing and also learn how to apply the same boxing principals to palm strikes and so on.

Anonymous No. 185490

>>185398
BJJ (and grappling in general) makes retards seethe like nothing else. I imagine it's to do with contrarianism and shattered fantasies of what fighting is actually like.

Anonymous No. 185502

>>185398
Imagine listening to ppl that can't even fight on a mat ...

I only listen to ppl with real skills, all the others can kick rocks and die in the streets, I couldn't care less.

Anonymous No. 185514

>>185398
mostly copium for not training, but there is a truth to it. its Just not what they think.
The only legit points against MMA that the copetards have is multiple people and weapons. But thats too easy, and you will have a better chance unarmed against them if you train.
That being said, an actual legit point that doesnt get mentioned by copetards is that people wear clothes and the floor is usually much harder than an MMA floor, so takedowns and the gi is slightly underrated in MMA. Gi MMA training is probably the most representative martial arts training for the average junkie encounter. But maybe thats just the judofag in me talking

Anonymous No. 185515

>>185466
the only correct move there is to either run away or pull a gun. I dont see how striking is really going to help in that situation alot more than grappling, especially if the knife dude jumps into grappling range and start stabbing, which is the most efficient and easy way to fight with a knife.
>bro he'll just counter the rush and knock him out
Yeah lmao thats the same thing as saying
>bro the grappler will just control the knife hand, do a shoulder throw and break the arm

The guy was a massive retard for picking a fight with a stranger on the street in the first place and I doubt he trains. the first thing 99% of people learn when they train is to not pick random fights because you should experience how hard it is to fight when you spar

Anonymous No. 185516

>>185515
that knife was concealed, when they're standing there arguing you can see him draw it low key right before the guy shoots at him, he didn't even notice the guy had a knife until he was stabbed
and that kind of thing happens often. These kinds of guys aren't going to brandish it, they're going to be sneaky about it

that's why you keep distance, hit him if he gets to close, use the cars to put a barrier between you two, use your grocery bag to slap him in the face even if it's just a distraction
these aren't things people that do martial arts will default to. They'll drop their shit empty their pockets and take a shot instead of using the environment effectively
and that's why they'll bleed out on the sidewalk

Anonymous No. 185521

>>185398
Realistically if you pull guard you are going to get kicked in the balls and stomped.

Anonymous No. 185522

>>185521
Not what happened in UFC 1-5 where ball kicking and stomping was allowed, and not going to happen in da streetz.

Anonymous No. 185542

>>185398
Training is better than no training unless you're stupid enough to use your training when you could just avoid the fight. Hope you enjoy your broken knuckles or neck when some random decides to sucker punch or stomp you. Then there's weapons. For some reason aggressively violent people like to carry them.

Anonymous No. 185545

>>185542
>aggresively violent people like to carry weapons
>I'm so glad I'm not like those animals
>C'mon guys let's train non-violently
>*punch punch kick*
>Whoah anon, you're getting a bit violent there
>Violence isn't the answer
>*approaches gas station*
>*Gas station mugger threatens you*
>Don't worry guys, I've learnt to fight
>Non-violently
>>185466
This video makes me think that using a gun is the only worthwhile self defense object. Not everyone has time to practice MMA, combat, and knife skills.

Anonymous No. 185546

>>185398
your arguments are fuckin retarded, clearly you have never been in a street fight

Anonymous No. 185548

>>185398
>bro, you can't use bjj on da streetz cause the floor is lava and nails and glass are everywhere
is cuz you get stomped like retarded if you go on the ground flor, glass and nails wtf u talking about?

>you can't use bjj cause knives and multiple opponents are everywhere (for some reason people who think so usually also think boxing is good for these while any sane person prefers gun fu or run fu)
so you planning on bringing a gun? wtf

>you can't kick on da streetz cause you'll lose your balance
yes

>you can't use use the jab on da streetz cause it doesn't have knockout power
yes

>or maybe don't use punches at all cause you'll break your knuckles
no wtf you mumbling about?

>you can't take me down cause I'll just punch/knee/eyepoke you
???

Did you make up those things and you believe you read em somewhere?

Anonymous No. 185552

>>185398
It is radically different if the 2 guys don't start with guard up, if they start with guard up in a decent distance, then it's pretty similar to MMA
Street fighting (if the two people don't start with guard up in a decent distance) is a whole different mind game, it's all about the first hit, either you intent to punch first with a full power cross punch to the nose, or you prepare to dodge or block the first punch and counter with full power uppercut or hook, or you prepare to grab and slam etc...

Anonymous No. 185570

>>185548
>Did you make up those things and you believe you read em somewhere?
First was some "self defence expert". I don't remember where exactly, maybe on Quora
Second was some boxing fan on this board. Also carrying a gun everywhere is a common thing in the USA, even some Europeans do it.
Third is a common belief amongst retards
Fourth was some anon from this board who doesn't understand what jab is for
Fifth is what palm strikers always say
Sixth is 4channers' common power fantasy

Anonymous No. 185576

>>185570
legit then

Anonymous No. 185578

>>185545
I think a sword is more plug and play than a gun
With a gun you still need to practice the skills to use it effectively
Drawing from concealment, clearing malfunctions, point shooting, weapon retention
There's more to it than people realize, but a sword, yes you need skills if you're having a sword fight with someone but just as a self defense tool just keep the tip between you and him and you can figure out the rest

Anonymous No. 185620

>>185578
a knife or sword? cause using sword properly requires training

Anonymous No. 185655

>>185620
A sword, like a rapier
Literally what could the attacker possible do? It's not like he can grab it and push it out of the way
Just thrust and swipe

Anonymous No. 185658

>>185545
Gun skills are real too. Shooting down the range is easy enough. Drawing while a crazy person charges you is another matter. And if you aren't practicing your draw you aren't being realistic. Unless you are willing to menace everyone you see with a gun every time you are slightly uncomfortable. In which case enjoy your arrest.

Anonymous No. 185840

>>185466
This. If you've learned anything from anyone that knows more then bjj meme shit for pussies afraid of getting hit you'd know to never grapple with anyone that has a knife.

Anonymous No. 185929

>>185655
>Literally what could the attacker possible do?
Well they could shoot you, for one.

Image not available

640x660

HALT.jpg

Anonymous No. 186015

>>185578
>>185620
>>185655
>>185929
>*blocks thy path*
what now, knave?

Image not available

640x853

FF6FFD93-CE7B-48C....jpg

Anonymous No. 186016

>>186015
>fires canon
Tis be nothin’ personal, matey

Image not available

1185x670

fired canon.jpg

Anonymous No. 186020

>>186016
seems unnecessary

Anonymous No. 186260

>>185426
"perhaps the entire concept of rule-oriented 1 on 1 combat sports is a somewhat flawed model regarding self-defense"

Anonymous No. 186461

>>185426
>What is this supposed to prove?
Hey retard, are knives allowed in MMA?

Anonymous No. 186527

>>185578
>Hey guys, back again here with more non-violence
>Here's why a gun can't work in self-defense
>If you aim it-!
>NO ANON!
>The angle is all wrong
>Bend your knees to maximize efficiency
>NOOOOOO you're finger angle is wrong too
>Here, try adjusting this
>Fuck anon, are you even trying? You have to actually AIM the gun
kek.
>Drawing from concealment
Learned in minutes
>clearing malfunctions
Most of which are rare.
>point shooting
Dude that's literally just pointing the gun and firing.

Guns take practice to use effectively, yeah, but saying that a sword is more effective is ridiculous.

Anonymous No. 186557

>>185398
Some guy at a bar got me into a weak chokehold and I instintively bit him as hard as I can. Is this the best way to defend against it?

Anonymous No. 186582

>>186557
No you should have shot him to death

Anonymous No. 186586

>>185516
and people still pretend that MMA means shit in real life situations.

Anonymous No. 187087

best self defense against knifes is stick based martial arts. Keep the dude at a distance, can break arms, hands, shoulders, and doesn't get the cops on you cause it's a motherfucking stick.

Anonymous No. 187120

>>186586
Yeah, really ironic too considering every BJJ faggot has a huge boner about being humbled.

Anonymous No. 187147

>>185401
I'm sure being a smug 300lb lardoid is a better plan, thanks anon.

Anonymous No. 187302

>>185401
Why this board believes that street fights still exists?

Anonymous No. 187303

>>187302
Because they do? There are street fight compilations uploaded every day to YouTube

Image not available

1026x699

haha bullet machi....png

Anonymous No. 187342

>>185578
You just kinda point and hold the trigger, just don't use the safety and don't bother with concealment. Just draw and brr.