Image not available

604x496

66a52290-a70d-11e....png

🧵 Is skinnymaxxing a good strategy?

Anonymous No. 186265

It certainly gives you reach advantage over others in your weightclass and probably requires less strength training than bulking to a higher weightclass

Anonymous No. 186269

As long as you don't start breaking your shin after a couple checks.

Anonymous No. 186273

the kudo method of using an index height+weight to determine your class is the superior way to stop people from cheating like he does by entering divisions meant for smaller people

Anonymous No. 186275

>>186265
But then you get your belly burst in one punch by a man six inches shorter and made of solid muscle.

Anonymous No. 186276

>>186265
Everyone should cut weight and try to fight at the lowest weight class possible unless you’re a mad cunt like Fedor.

Anonymous No. 186281

>>186273
How does that work?

Anonymous No. 186286

>>186281
Sum of height and weight (cm, kg)
In kudo the categories range from -230 to 270+, with increments of 10 between

Anonymous No. 186287

I really don't like the extreme weight cutting aspect of combat sports, I think athletes should either be weighed at the start of the fight - giving them a choice of fighting at their normal weight or suffering the consequences of dehydration and depleted glycogen - or a different system, like what >>186273 mentions for example, should be implemented
Cutting 2-3 kg I find pretty acceptable, allowing people to drop down what amounts to three or four weight classes just to fight the smallest people possible is dumb, especially when they're able to regain a third of that between weighing and the fight itself

Anonymous No. 186296

>>186265
The real truth is that athletes in weight class sports should bodybuild
Aka maximum muscle : minumum fat
>muscle is more water by weight than fat, meaning you can cut more water weight
>muscle is the vehicle which your brain drives to deliver strength and power, therefore more muscle = more strength and power when applied to your sport's movements
Alex Pereira is a superb example, the guy cut a massive amount of weight to make middleweight, and he was able to do that because he mostly lifts weight to maximize his lean mass and minimise his fat
People think cutting weight is easier if you're fatter, this is wrong
People think bodybuilding is unathletic, I'm not talking about taking HGH I'm talking about shifting your lean mass:fat ratio in a positive direction, which always correlates strongly with sporting success
In a weight class sport, build muscle and reduce fat for more success

Anonymous No. 186344

>>186296
Dumbest take I've ever read

Congratulations you got zero points

tell that to cormier, anderson silva, sanshae, even jon jones and tons of other champions... you're just talking non sense and bullshit kys fag

Anonymous No. 186345

>>186344
>cormier
Very fat in hv, fat in lhv. You're right about him.
>silva
Not super shredded but also not fat
>sanshae
Who's this?
>jones
Only fat in hv

Anonymous No. 186348

>>186286
Wow dude that's easier than I imagined. How come other sports don't do this shit? Seems so much better.

Anonymous No. 186350

>>186286
>from -230 to 270+, with increments of 10 between
I think there should be also be a -280. I can't imagine Adesanya fighting Lesnar

Anonymous No. 186353

>>186348
Weight classes have existed for a long time and it's a good enough system that there's no real pressure for change
>>186350
Obviously it can be expanded as needed
>I can't imagine Adesanya fighting Lesnar
But we'd all still watch the shit out of it

Anonymous No. 186505

>>186296
Cormier is fat and he could cut 35 lbs

Anonymous No. 189011

>>186265
It all depends on your phyisgionomy and how it plays into whatever sport/strategy you want to go for.
That being said the most ideal "average" all rounder would be gsp
Suga is lanky and snipes with his shots logically so ofc he is gonna skinnymax and snipe midgets, what do you think would happen if he tried to go a higher weight class with his strenghts? all out the window

Anonymous No. 189018

>>186265
For hobbyists this isn't a good idea. Being that skinny compromises your muscle protection for your joints.