Image not available

962x912

IMG_0043.jpg

🧵 Should I learn Muay Thai?

Anonymous No. 186520

I’m curious about starting Muay Thai as a hobbyist, but I have a couple questions first:

1. Is Muay Thai worth learning if you’re about 5’9”, 160 pounds? I’m a skinnyfat dyel and am fully aware I need to bulk up a bit.

2. Will I feel more confident defending myself as a hobbyist? I’m not interested in competing since I’m 30 and need my brain for work, but I’d like to feel like I could handle myself (or at least put up a fight) in case I got jumped or something.

Anonymous No. 186613

>>186520
Been doing Muay thai for a year, im 6ft and a guy that is 5'5 and has like 5 years of training ahead of me always destroys me in sparring so you are at a good height and i can tell it gave me a lot of confidence about myself not only in a scenario i had to fight but in my life overall, the training and sparring can get a little intense so when you get through that you feel like the baddest MF alive

Anonymous No. 186621

Two years here I cooled on sparring and bag work But I still do kick drills often with pads

Anonymous No. 186647

>>186520
You should just stop worrying about muh image and just fucking do it. You'll have fun anyways.

Anonymous No. 186687

>>186520
In a year from now, would you rather be you without any MT skills, or you with some MT skills?
>skinnyfat
Eat a bit cleaner and start training