Image not available

2560x1333

Logo_of_the_Ultim....png

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 186664

We want men's strawweight, men's super heavyweight, women's atomweight and women's lightweight

Anonymous No. 186666

>>186664
>more roster padding
>more wmma
>more shitty apex filler fights
Taking off the upper limit for heavyweight is the only one here I can get behind

Anonymous No. 186667

>>186666
Based super devil

Anonymous No. 186672

>>186666
What about wmma but instead of fighting they are standing in a kitchen. And instead of women they are niggers being thrown into orbit.

Anonymous No. 186673

>>186664
Weight classes are fine as they are, the problem is that people can game the system with weight cutting and then regaining half of that weight before the fight

Anonymous No. 186679

>>186664
This was my genius scheme to save the UFC back ten years ago. I still think it's pretty dang clever, if I do say so myself. Basically the idea is bring back all the brands Zuffa bought out back in the day.

Bring back Pride. Divide the world into East and West. UFC is the highest title in the West, Pride is the highest title in the East. Imagine the unification bouts.

Bring back Strikeforce, but in its original incarnation: a kickboxing promotion. Develop the sport of kickboxing in the West, specifically in the USA. Revive the American kickboxing fad from the 70s-90s, but under a better ruleset with an eye towards international competition. Also, this gives MMA fighters an opportunity to branch out and compete in an alternative sport, one that they're probably better suited to succeed in than boxing. For that matter, a series of "boxing versus MMA" kickboxing fights between ranked MMA fighters and boxers would be really interesting - what wins, head movement/footwork, or teeps and leg kicks?

Bring back WEC, with an emphasis on the "W" as in "world". This would be a global developmental league, tasked with roaming all over the world to discover the next hotbed of fighting talent. Dana/UFC are consistently shit at finding and developing young talent and just lay around waiting for the next Conor to fall into their lap. Get out there and hunt. Give up and comers a legitimate B-league and a clear path towards contender status. Imagine looking for a fight or contender series, but not shit.

Also, I'd limit UFC events to once or twice a month. A UFC used to be appointment television, now it's everywhere and it's dogshit. The advantage of having all these other brands active is that there's plenty of content for hardcores to watch, while also preserving the prestige/rarity of the UFC brand to lure in the casuals. Oh, also I'd bomb the Apex into oblivion.

Anonymous No. 186680

>>186679
"Satoshi Jap is bringing his Pride openweight title to America to challenge cornfed D1 wrestler-turned-KO-artist Jack Merican for his 205 belt! Jack says he's willing to fight under those tricky Oriental rules, even though his daddy taught him kicking a downed opponent is dirty! Will old-fashioned American values prevail, or will the inscrutable celestial ply his wiles upon the hapless redneck?

"Down the card, 'Shinbone' Shinya returns from his successful kickboxing tournament run and says he's there to prove no grappler can take him down without eating a knee to the dome! Marcelo Favela says this is 'very dishespectful' and promises to choke him out!"

"In the prelims, see newly discovered Chechen wunderkind Islam Muhammedchev scream 'Allahu Akbar' and declare jihad upon the decadent West! Will veteran gatekeeper Tom A. 'Mato' Cann derail this fanatic's hypetrain?"

I'd watch it.

Anonymous No. 186681

>>186664
>men's strawweight
No. The casual fan can barely tolerate flyweight. Make the ultra manlets bulk up to 125.

>men's super heavyweight
No. It's all obese guys. There are zero super heavyweights that are that weight because they're pure muscle and physically can't cut down to 265. Powerlifters and strongmen who do a few charity fights against other powerlifters and strongmen don't count.

>women's atomweight
Yes. Lots of good women's atomweights as it's a more natural weight class for women. There's also a higher proportion of good-looking women instead of the butch gorillas they have at higher weights.

>women's lightweight
Fuck no. The UFC couldn't even fill a women's featherweight division. Just make women's bantamweight have a wide weight range like men's heavyweight. 135-155 or 165 lbs should be good.

Anonymous No. 186730

>>186664
They should figure out what's the weight mismatch that produces a fair fight man vs woman. Probably not possible at the professional level.

Anonymous No. 186759

>>186681
>There are zero super heavyweights that are that weight because they're pure muscle
The only young one I can think of is Bombardier but back then there was Dan Bobish who was a bit fat but also muscular, Bob Sapp who was a mountain of muscles, Hong Man Choi who would look like a lanklet if he was 265 and Bigfoot Silva who sometimes couldn't cut to 265 so I guess there may be more of them somewhere in the world. Plus there are huge guys who are interested in mma but don't start it because there's no place for them. If Lesnar, Pudzianowski and Sapp went to mma, why not allow Big Show, Brian Shaw or a large American footballist do the same? Nevertheless, I think that making heavyweight unlimited would be a better way to do it. Maybe if a decade later it turned out to be dominated by huge fighters (which is unlikely), it would be divided into hw and shw
>physically can't cut down to 265
It's physically possible to lose 25% of your mass in 2 months but I don't think it's what we want fighters to do.

Image not available

780x439

UFC in 2025.jpg

Anonymous No. 187151

>>186664
Speak for yourself. I want open weight, weapons, versus animals, teams, and audience participation. Give me that and I'll buy your pay-per-views.

Anonymous No. 187154

heavyweight should be unlimited

Anonymous No. 187158

>>187154
Based

Anonymous No. 187177

>>186730
20+ kg difference usually does it.