Image not available

907x869

hgmj.png

๐Ÿงต Strength/Skill Fallacy

Anonymous No. 187630

So the fallacy that skill beats strength or strength beats skill is just that, a fallacy.

If you took a tiny, old woman and had her do 12 months of Judo training or some other intensive martial art training like Karate she would get stronger. She would get stronger and develop the skills of the art but most importantly she would be more physically conditioned. If you tested her bench press before and after 12 months of training and it was like 20 lbs. before and went to 45 lbs. that's a sign of improved strength.

It's like weightlifting, if my snatch goes from 75 lbs. to 135 lbs. in the span of 6 months of doing it. I didn't just improve the skill of performing a snatch but I got stronger.

I think people get too mixed up in this idea that strength and skill are separate, they are dependent on each other to exist.

Anonymous No. 187642

>>187630
On the other hand, if you had her do 12 months of powerlifting training she would be stronger than after 12 months of judo. And lighter fighters tend to be more skillful than heavier ones.

So what should you do to be more effective in fighting, strenght training or martial arts training? Obviously the answer is both. Every pro fighter does martial arts, strenght training and cardio