Image not available

320x180

GLFMYA2.gif

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 196917

Insecure 5'9" dude here. If you could only pick one martial art as a manlet for self-defense on da streetz (like a rando walks up and wants to beat the shit out of you) what would it be? The only gym near me offers either Muay Thai or BJJ

Anonymous No. 196927

>>196917
Which ever one your more likely to stick with long term. Consistency matters more than anything else.

Anonymous No. 196946

as someone that has never done muay thai and has been doing jiujitsu for years, I find myself way more impressed by the muay thai capabilities

jiujitsu is not very good, it's just a massive cope that some random asshole 30 years ago won some matches against some other random assholes (one of them by using a weapon) then for whatever reason that proves it's the ultimate martial art

Anonymous No. 196948

>>196917
Listen to >>196927
Go try a class/week at each place and see what you like more. You will likely never get into a fight anyways

Anonymous No. 196950

>>196917
>for self-defense on da streetz
get a knife and/or gun

Anonymous No. 196955

>>196950
That's a non-answer, you're not allowed to resort to lethal force over fist fights

Anonymous No. 196963

>>196917
If you're young muay thai, old bjj.

Anonymous No. 196975

>>196963
You can learn kickboxing and boxing at any age really. Grappling is Hella worse for your spine etc

Anonymous No. 196983

>>196955
>you're not allowed to resort to lethal force over fist fights
Depends entirely on the jurisdiction.

>>196975
>Grappling is Hella worse for your spine etc
There seem to be a fair number of old men doing judo.

Anonymous No. 197144

>>196983
>There seem to be a fair number of old men doing judo
Personally, I feel that getting thrown is often the least painful part of grappling when your partner isn't a retard and you know how to break a fall. In contrast, getting the life squeezed out of me in bottom half guard or nay pin always leaves me feeling like someone took a sledgehammer to my chest and back afterwards, and I'm hardly a geezer at 21

Anonymous No. 197291

>>196917
buy a gun
then train a striking and a grappling art
as well as start lifting

Anonymous No. 197309

>>196917
Bulk up to 180lbs of muscle and start doing Muay Thai. After 6 months of training you'll be able to beat up 90% of random guys on the street. After a couple of years you'll be able to pretty much beat up anybody who has trained less than you and isn't a 6'4 linebacker in the NFL.

Anonymous No. 198347

>>196917
>Muay Thai or BJJ
Do both. If the BJJ school has a good amount of nogi classes, like 3 a week, insist on only training nogi, because then you'll be forced to learn some wresting and won't learn any of the gay bad habits of gi jiu-jitsu.
So there you go, you'll know Muay Thai, some wrestling and jiu-jitsu. You're ready to pick a fight and get stabbed or fight back a thief and get shot.

Anonymous No. 198352

>>198347
>insist on only training nogi, because then you'll be forced to learn some wresting and won't learn any of the gay bad habits of gi jiu-jitsu.
It's reasonable to focus on no-gi but refusing gi practice when there's no no-gi practice available is a missed opportunity. Going from wrestling to judo it was mildly frustrating learning to deal with all the extra grips people could get on me in the gi that I didn't have to worry about in a sport where you're not allowed to grab clothing. Unless you spend your days in a nudist colony there's something to be learned through gi grappling.

Anonymous No. 198357

>>196917
MMA. If you can't find classes for that then don't bother with any of it and just get a gun.

Image not available

720x1280

1710263945287555.webm

Anonymous No. 198377

>>198347
>insist on only training nogi
>you'll know some wrestling
Learning no-gi is not the same as learning wrestling. Just because you know how to shoot a shitty single leg or double leg does not make you a wrestler.

Anonymous No. 198378

>>197144
I think getting tossed on your head/neck is worse personally. Even with breakfalls getting thrown more than getting squished a bit.

Anonymous No. 198379

>>198377
>30 year old software engineer hobbyist can't compare to some of the best athletes in the country after 10 years of elite athletic training
Woah. So where do I get the time machine to go back in time and start wrestling in middle school you dumb fuck?

Nogi is the only place I can train it. And it's including more and more wrestling.

Anonymous No. 198406

>>198379
Fersure that fat fuck is totally one of the best athletes in the country.

Anonymous No. 198434

>>196955
>you're not allowed to resort to lethal force over fist fights
>fist fights aren't lethal force
In what shithole is that the standard? People die in fist fights all the time.