1179x1467

IMG_2780.jpg

🧵 Judofags be like

Anonymous No. 211152

you’re supposed to let me throw you
YOURE SUPPOSED TO LET ME THR ACCCKKKKK

Anonymous No. 211156

>>211152
You think olympic level judoka are just letting the other guy throw them?

Anonymous No. 211161

>>211152
Anything that you learn in a competition-centric gym that's worth its salt is going to work in competition (i.e. with a skilled opponent resisting). There's a category of moves that work despite resistance (as opposed to moves in which you need a follow up), but the resistance causes pain. For example, there's a headlock escape whereby you roll them from on their hips to their stomach, but if they have their leg crunched up, it puts pressure on their hips because you're rolling them over that leg.

Judo has a lot of moves like that. There are moves that, if your hips are far back and you want to stay on your heels, they'll need to pull you and tighten their own rotation so that you slide over them and then they land their ribs on top of yours. It's not a pleasant way to train for anyone involved and it's frustrating for a newbie who doesn't have the wherewithal or technique to take a move to its logical conclusion and harm you in the process. In fact, philosophically, the process of judo, the gentle way, has a pillar regarding mutual benefit and welfare. This means that they shouldn't be throwing you like that, but you shouldn't be putting them in a position to have to throw you that way to practice the technique. The time and place for that kind of force is during competition. Until then you're trying to push each other to perfect the form so when it comes time to take the limiters off you know what you're doing when you put strength behind it. It's a faster, more efficient, more effective, way of training that promotes longevity.

Anonymous No. 211177

>>211156
Yes.

Anonymous No. 211178

>>211177
That’s pretty retarded anon