Image not available

360x442

1727833241123030.webm

🧵 Learning to fight

Anonymous No. 212466

I have a lot of friends who are learning boxing and kick boxing. Should I take some lessons or just buy a gun?

Anonymous No. 212467

>>212466
learn judo throw your enemies
shatter their body

Anonymous No. 212475

you should buy a gun anyway but there's a whole continuum of force between verbal argument and GUN, and that's where all that other stuff falls into

Anonymous No. 212491

>>212466
False dilemma, do both

Anonymous No. 212546

>>212466
>Should I take some lessons
Look, a physical sport is going to benefit you regardless of whether or not you'll be in a fistfight a decade from now. Everytime I see a striking matrial arts practicioner doing some form of cardio or a grappler doing weight training I know that they are better for it. Yes, I recommend you learn the art of combat if you want to develop your body to the next level
>just buy a gun?
Both Chuck Norris (with his 10 gauge home defense shotgun) and Bruce Lee (with his .38 revolver that he carried) exercised their 2A rights. Of course you should buy a gun if you live in an area that allows it.

Anonymous No. 212549

>>212546
Don’t forget UFC champion sean Strickland
https://youtu.be/0rDIduCCJnA?feature=shared

Anonymous No. 212554

>>212466
You sound like an autistic fat fuck.

Go do sports with your friends and become part of the real world.

Might be your last chance to actually have friends.

Anonymous No. 212583

>>212554
>You sound like an autistic fat fuck.

just go train.
I literally quit training for a year and got fat, and unfit. If you think lifting is boring then go do martial arts to stay fit

Anonymous No. 212624

>>212466
both r fun. you should take some mma classes so you know the basics to hand to hand combat just in case you ever get in a hand to hand situation but you should also get a gun

Image not available

1834x1216

1726432384892302.png

Anonymous No. 212664

>>212466
Why not both?

Image not available

1000x636

judo_chokes.jpg

Anonymous No. 212682

>>212466
For self defense I can only recommend Judo.
I've trained about all martial arts there are basically.
It would be a good idea to spar with a boxer just to know how to take hits and how it feels like when you get hit in the face. Other than that everything but Judo is a waste of time if you do it solely for self defense purposes.

If anyone says otherwise, here are my main arguments:
>1
Striking arts such as boxing, kickboxing, karate etc require you to be able to control the distance. If you can control the distance you should create as much distance as you possibly can i.e. just run the fuck away and get a weapon after calling the cops. You don't know who you're up against, one mediocre attacker can quickly turn into a legit street gang with weapons. If your idea is to defend yourself then the very last thing you want to do is to provoke a deadly gang attack by punching them first.
>2
Usually by the time you realize and accept that you're under attack, it's already grappling or there's another reason why you can't simply run away. Judo is the most proven and effective art to escape their grips and holds. Judo incorporates hundreds of years of knowledge from the battle fields, but also, western wrestling was included into Judo early on by its founder Jigoro Kano. Judo became one of the most popular Olympic sports as well. The best martial artists from Japan to China to Europe to Brazil brought their knowledge to Judo. And that knowledge was adjusted for the Judo rules which are very close to realistic self-defense situations (part from getting punched in the face, which is why you should practice *some* boxing too, but never at the expense of Judo). Combat Sambo would be ideal but it's very rare outside ex-USSR. Judo+boxing should do about the same.

That's about the best advice I can give considering my ~30 real self-defense experiences. Throw and run
https://youtube.com/shorts/3uS1qLlwEYE

Anonymous No. 212707

>>212682
What about multiple attackers?
>Dude like you can't even
Not an acceptable answer. It's something that could happen, you should have a plan for it. Is Judo that plan?

Anonymous No. 212713

there's this one guy who is supposedly ex kgb and tells you how to move your feet, and what you do is basically to walk sideways, you can either walk forward but turn that direction, or walk backwards and turn the other direction. So, if you are moving right, you turn left and put you left foot behind you, then turn right while moving your right foot. also you wanna keep your wrist straight and bring your arm up like a noodle or a whip almost and push in someone's body perpendicularly. The way it works is almost like a piledriver and really gives people the ouchies, you're using your shoulder muscles as well as traps and triceps

Anonymous No. 212717

>>212713
I don't really care what any Russians have to say when it comes to fighting, they haven't won a war since ww2 and even that was more about German unpreparedness for the climate than anything to do with Russian fighting prowess
It's a gas station with nukes, pay no attention to them

Anonymous No. 212738

>>212707
throwing someone on a mat or crash pad vs concrete are two different things.

Being body slammed already hurts
imagine throwing someone on concrete and since most of this website is the us most of the concrete environments are underkept so you have a bunch of loose stones everywhere.

Anonymous No. 212739

>>212738
The most we can do for OP is make recommendations.
For all we know his personality could clash with his coach and he'll end up doing a completelt different martial art than what is recommended to him.

>do judo
>"oh i ended up doing boxing instead"

Anonymous No. 212770

>>212717
They might lie about their industrial capabilities and have an extremely antiquated command structure, but they know how to brawl.

Anonymous No. 212780

>>212466
everybody got a gameplan till the man behind her suplexes her

Anonymous No. 212783

>>212713
>there’s this one guy
>ex-kgb
Stopped reading, don’t be a retard.

Image not available

200x200

top kekorot.gif

Anonymous No. 213006