1280x1899

tumblr_plkrgnkhQi....jpg

๐Ÿงต Untitled Thread

Anonymous No. 891846

Is this good foundation to become 3d artist? My skill level in 2D is similar to Pic related.
I'm currently working unrelated job in customer support, so I'm considering just becoming a generalist 3d artist, and eventually combine 2d and 3d for concept art when I become better at both.
What courses would be best to start with? I've got some basic understanding of 3d software as I've used both zBrush Maya and even 3dsMax, and even made a short rigging animation in the past.
I've got like 4-5 months to become half decent for junior position, as my company got laid off.

Anonymous No. 891848

You won't get serious response here, as it's mostly jobless crabs who don't even 3d and at most have done a donut

Anonymous No. 891849

>>891846
depends on what you're going for
A lot of concepts in 3d are unique in the sense that they're only used in 3d and in no other art.
Many concepts are similar or the same as in 2D, so you'll have an advantage.

If you're going for hand painted or "stylized" looks your 2D skills will come in really handy.
If you're going for photo realistic assets or abstract "portfolio renders" it won't help you at all.

If you're just trying things out, then give blender a try before you invest tons of money into bullshit licenses or just "acquire" that software through other means.
The basic concepts are the same in pretty much all 3d software.

Anonymous No. 891901

>>891846
That would actually make a great 3D render, any more stuff?

Anonymous No. 892068

>>891848
You are giving them more credit than they deserve. It's mostly faggots addicted to collecting game rips and begging for ones they don't have or other retards like the vrsculpt autist.

Anonymous No. 892099

>>891846
Sure, Anyone with that level of drawing already understands shape which is the overarching language. Jump right in.

Anonymous No. 892123

>>891846
>similar to
Man, why does nobody ever post their actual work. Yes it's a good enough foundation, there are even sculptors that can barely draw so this is a great headstart

Anonymous No. 892180

just use Houdini, no art fundamentals necessary

t. Houdini artist

Anonymous No. 892194

>>891846
Yes this is good enough for concept art tho depending a little bit on how long it took for you to get it to its current state, depending on that I would hire on a probationary to learn a pipeline.

Anonymous No. 892198

>>891848
This, sadly

Honestly OP? If you want the opinion of people who have actual industry experience, ask on Reddit.

Anonymous No. 892275

>>892180
How long did it take you to become functional in houdini?
I feel like I'm getting the hang of shit slowly, it's pretty great that you can literally do almost anything you want if you have half a brain I guess but character modelling is pretty janky (ik that isn't exactly a secret)

Anonymous No. 892960

>>892180
I'm gonna dive into this. If I make anything out of it you won't know because chances are I forget about this place.

Anonymous No. 892969

>>891846
>not already hired in a creative role after grad
Ngmi

Anonymous No. 893539

>>891846
It's alright for a first try. The head could be bigger, and the breasts look like you were planning on giving her a bra. Since you're new to modeling, and I presume new to this board, I would strongly suggest you never post here again. A lot of people on here who complain about other people's anatomy skills can't actually sculpt an anatomically accurate model themselves, so they take out their frustrations on people who manage to get somewhere, especially if they're less experienced. Some of them do know what they're talking about, but their skill in modeling is the only thing that makes them valuable as a person, so they like to tear other people down. Go get critiques on any other website, because people there will actually want to help you.

Anonymous No. 894722

>>893539
You seriously think this is a 3d model or something? KEK
Crab

Anonymous No. 894724

>>894722
He's copying and pasting that from >>893534 because he's a schizo. I thought he stopped already, but I guess something about what I typed struck one of his nerves.

Anonymous No. 894818

>>894724
cringe