Image not available

711x612

why.png

๐Ÿงต Why does my procedural texture stretch like this?

Anonymous No. 949168

I'm using object coordinates.
Is there a way to use object coordinates AND fix this stretching?

Anonymous No. 949171

>>949168
Might I recommend one of these fine threads?
>>948745
>>942804
>>948007

And this doesn't answer your question, but why don't you just unwrap with automatic cube projection?
If you want a fully procedural and automatic texturing approach, you can always use triplanar mapping.

Anonymous No. 949174

>>949171
I'm the guy from the second thread you linked Lol. Still learning so bear with me.
Wouldn't there be a loss in quality if i use cube projection uvs?

Anonymous No. 949175

>>949168
Go fuck yourself and your threads.

Anonymous No. 949177

>>949174
You haven't provided enough information about your material to answer this question. If you premade a tiling procedural texture, then you should learn to make proper UVs to use that texture effectively.
If you are trying to create a smart material that directly generates unique data for any point in 3d space, object coordinates would be the correct approach, but it's difficult to answer questions about such a material without seeing the node graph.

Anonymous No. 949180

Please don't start a new thread for every question, this board is slow as molasses.
You said this texture was for a game. In which case just bake it to an image and use either triplanar mapping (which is really the only option for areas you can't texture by hand like generated geometry in-engine, but it's really inefficient as it samples the same image 3+ times) like the anon above said, or just manually unwrap your shit like you normally would for buildings. Unless you want to recreate the entire material in-engine procedurally using a shader, which is much slower than even triplanar mapping and is generally a bad idea.