Image not available

1061x735

plshelp.png

๐Ÿงต Hi, I need help with rotations please?

Anonymous No. 954156

So, I'm trying to model a bunch of spherical chambers and their doors.
I understand that in order to rotate the door's swing away from the chamber, I have to set the origin point to the side as a hinge (rotate along Z axis)
But if I set the origin point to the CENTER(origin to geometry) or just the midpoint, and then rotate along the Y Axis first (a circular rotation before rotating along the z axis), I get this abomination instead.

I'm still learning and it doesn't work with global rotations either.
Basically it's facing at upwards angle which I don't wanna change. Can you guys help me out with what I should be doing? Where should the origin be so I don't get this problem?

Image not available

682x625

angle.png

Anonymous No. 954157

Here, a side view to help you guys understand it better

Image not available

1139x723

extrusion.png

Anonymous No. 954158

Also when I extrude a test vertex along from the middle of it, it doesn't follow the angle that hte edges are facing and instead goes straight along the Y axis.

Image not available

749x634

normal.png

Anonymous No. 954159

>>954158
See this is what I want, even if I try to use G->Y with normal orientation it still doesn't give me this.

SO, please help me out with both of these problems guys i'd appreciate it.

tl;dr I want a Y axis rotation from a circular object facing upwards angle
and
help extruding vertices or faces along normals if said faces are at an angle.

Anonymous No. 954246

PLESA EHELP

Anonymous No. 954254

>>954156
Under Object Data tab (the one with the yellow box) open the Viewport Display section and enable Axis. You should see which axis to rotate with, also use this thread >>951419 for these questions goddammit.

Anonymous No. 955348

>>954156
I would help but I don't know what they're for
do people live in these? steam power?
>I refuse to help until you exposit lore

Anonymous No. 955623

I still don't know WTF you're doing. Sketch what you want in MS Paint and post it.

Image not available

2806x1464

custom orientation.png

Anonymous No. 955717

In the Transform Orientation menu at the top , you can click the "+" button and it will create a custom orientation based on the vertex/edge/face you selected.