Image not available

224x225

images.png

๐Ÿงต How to deal with anxiety in labs?

Anonymous No. 16141708

I've always had extreme social anxiety in group projects growing up and now that I'm in Uni, labs give me that same feeling. I say "hello" or "good morning" to my peers and smile but they just frown. This makes me feel very insecure and my work suffers and I often make silly mistakes like breaking glass on the floor where my peers will either snicker or tell their friends how much they hate me. Anyone else here deal with that? I'm a very promising student and I hope to stay in the sciences for a long time.

Anonymous No. 16141721

What have you tried?

Anonymous No. 16141739

>>16141708
reduce your critical social justice attitude to eliminate anxiety
see >>16111485 for the details

Anonymous No. 16141747

>>16141739
But anon, I'm a Christian.

Anonymous No. 16141816

>>16141708
There's no way to deal with that. You either man up and stop caring about what others think about you (in fact people don't give a fuck about you, the world doesn't revolve around you) or you remain a coward manchild for the rest of your life. And for that man-up process to happen you have to take initiative and exit your comfort zone.
I know it is easier said than done but as you get older you will be forced to do it anyways.

Anonymous No. 16141836

>>16141708
> I say "hello" or "good morning" to my peers and smile but they just frown.
> This makes me feel very insecure and my work suffers and I often make silly mistakes like breaking glass on the floor where my peers will either snicker or tell their friends how much they hate me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is what actually happens and it's not something you made up in your sick, egoistical mind. You're the center of attention, buddy. Wherever you go, everyone just thinks about you all the time. Everyone hates you, everyone tells their friends that you're a complete idiot, because you are such an important person kek.

Anonymous No. 16141884

>>16141708
You better be fucking insecure, you're probably getting someone killed if you don't stop being a retarded manchild.
And if you can't get it together you won't get a job either, no matter how good of a student you think you are.

Get your shit together, trash.

Anonymous No. 16142239

>>16141708
Benzodiazepines. You can also try gabapentinoids if you don't want to take benzos. Beta or alphablockers are also viable choice especially for physical anxiety symptoms.
If you are concerned about benzo addiction you won't get addicted if you use low doses and stick to low doses or use them occasionally.
You can also try supplements like magnesium or lithium orotate before the lab maybe this helps you too.
Good luck.