Image not available

2048x1152

bikebaby03.jpg

🧵 /MTB/ Mountain Bike General

Anonymous No. 146797

Soulmate Edition
Does "the one" have to ride as much as you or do they just have to not interfere with riding?

FAQ on buying a bike that nobody reads anyway:
> What good bike can I get for under $500?
a stolen bike. Possibly a newer used entry level hardtail but don't expect it to survive rock gardens, jumps, or drops. Or an older mtb which won't be as good as newer ones and will still have a front derailleur, but it'll be good enough.
> What good bike can I get for under $1000
Used hardtail
> What good bike can I get for under $2000?
New Hardtail
> What good bike can I get for under $3000?
Used full suspension
> What are the excellent value brands?
Marin, Commencal, Canyon, Polygon, YT, Propain, Kona, and many more. Sometimes the expensive brands have an excellent value bike
> What are the differences between an XC, Trail, Enduro, and Downhill bikes?
XC bikes are for going up fast, go down not as fast. Trail are bikes are for going up and down. Enduro bikes are for going down fast, and slower up. Downhill bikes are for going down really fast, needs a ski lift, truck, or the rider pushing it to go up.

Link to previous thread:
>>142183

Image not available

4032x3024

20230518_011703.jpg

Anonymous No. 146808

Went hiking to do a track walk on the trails of the enduro race on friday as fork is getting thoughts and prayers for the creaking to stop. There's a new section, fresh cut.
https://streamable.com/np33fp
Admire niggas, feel lust. SEXOO loam.
Unfortunately the racemakers ignored my request of being put in the middle of the starting list and I'm on last 20 out of fucking 400. They probably saw my 2021 result where I finished second to last because I stopped to talk with the marshal as body was kill(first race and unprepared). 15 sec separation wont be enough

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230518_0008....jpg

Anonymous No. 146834

Great day of riding today. I finally got my suspension feeling good and the trails were FINALLY dry so I wasn't experiencing extra drag. For a long 38lb(with all my accessories on it) enduro bike, it climbs well when the trails aren't soggy and sucking you back.
My crank came loose and I didn't have an 8mm hex in my oneup EDC tool so I asked another rider and he had one on his crankbros multitool. I just checked the website for the EDC tool and it says it does have an 8mm hex. I just checked my tool and nope, no 8mm hex, instead if you want an 8mm hex, you have to use the 6mm hex in conjunction with the lockring tool next to it to make it function as an 8mm. I can't tell if this is genius or insane, but I wasn't able to figure it out on the trail and I've been using this tool since 2020. I think I'll be using the Blackburn Wayside like an anon recommended a few threads back for the Yeti Arc I'm building up instead of the EDC tool. Are there any frame mounted pumps better than the One Up EDC pump 100cc? I've been using it for years since as far as I know, it's the only hand pump that can move enough air to reseat a tubeless tire. I've never actually tried to reseat a tubeless tire with it, in fact, I've never had a puncture, not even one that seals itself up, on a mountain bike since going tubeless. I've only had them on my gravel bikes and on my motorcycle.

Anonymous No. 146841

>>146834
Don't use hand pumps, use a CO2 pump. It is the same size as a small hand pump, but it can re-seat a tubeless tyre without any effort.

>>146808
Anon, that just means you get to be the Chad who blasts plast all the slow fat fucks.

Image not available

1280x720

maxresdefault[1].jpg

Anonymous No. 146857

got a stumpjumper alloy during the sale and i'm having a blast. can't believe i resisted riding bikes so long.
What shoes do you guys wear? I wear adidas and the boost material the sole is made out of is getting destroyed by the pegs.

Image not available

640x1136

904C7AA4-CAAC-434....png

Anonymous No. 146862

im trying to figure out if my random, freepile "akasio action camera ek7000" can take the abuse of being rattled around the waterproof 'go pro' case when i throw my bmx bike into walls and off roofs. (bike gets thrown often)

all the reviews i try to search through just mention vibrations disrupting filming. im trying to figure out if this is a cheap piece of crap with internals that will fall apart from heavy banging.
if that is the case than i can just limit its use to the life of a vehicle dashcam

~i dont care about quality of video or shitty microphone~
i just want to know if the internals will fall apart as i throw my bike around multiple times an hour ~is this actually an issue with low-grade electronics or am i being paranoid?~

Anonymous No. 146864

>>146841
>Anon, that just means you get to be the Chad who blasts plast all the slow fat fucks.
The problem is that they pile up on tech sections so I can't just blast through it nor I can't pass them during singletrack. I gotta be constantly yelling them to move over. Its not fun.
>>146857
Get some five tens. You'll simply get the best grip. The normal canvas freeriders are good with good protection and very good water resistance.

Image not available

969x1286

shoewear.jpg

Anonymous No. 146865

>>146857
I wear FiveTen Trailcross XT shoes. I've had them since 2020 and they're holding up well.
I want to replace them with Ride Concepts Tallac BOA shoes so I can ditch laces but the 5.10s are still fine.
The benefits to mtb specific shoes are more than improved wear, they grip better on the pedals and they're stiffer so you're able to pedal better. I noticed the performance benefits immediately when I made the switch

Anonymous No. 146869

>>146857
I would get ride concept shoes. I have the ride concept transition clip shoe and it works well. 510 has gone down in quality since addidas bought it.

Stiffer shoes= less tired feet
Especially with clips.

Anonymous No. 146899

>>146797
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Polygon T8. Still worth it even though they swapped the tire spec?

Anonymous No. 146900

Just bought a scott aspect 970 for 500 yuros

I live in balkans so this already expensive enough for me lol,do you think its a good entry lvl mtb?

Image not available

980x553

pearly jew.png

Anonymous No. 146904

>>146869
>510 has gone down in quality since addidas bought it
yes they suck now. I bet it's because the sole is made from recycled ocean plastic bullshit but their grip is garbage. I went with Pearl Izumi's X-Alp Flow shoe. Night and day difference in grip when I tried them alongside the 510's

Anonymous No. 146905

>>146864
>I gotta be constantly yelling them to move over. Its not fun.
Put a tuktuk horn on your bike

Anonymous No. 146940

>>146904
I dont think they are too bad. I went from 6 month old OG 510 Freeriders (so still good condition) to adidas 510 primeblue Freeriders and initially I was like "oh no these are gonna suck" and they did for the first two rides while the rubber soles were still a bit shiney but I went and walked in them for a bit until the shine wore off the bottoms and now they grip as good as my previous 2 pairs of Freeriders. I've got 2 pairs of burgtec composites and one of one-up alloy platforms and they definitely grip better to the one-up pedals but I think they are just a better pedal.

Anonymous No. 146942

>>146857
I ride the what ever crankborthers' shoes are called, I rate them. I have a flat and clip less version because I like them so much.

I would rate them better than the og five tens.

Anonymous No. 146951

>>146940
>the rubber soles were still a bit shiney
Ah I see. That was what turned me off from them. That shiny coating almost made the shoe feel slippery while other shoes felt planted. Good to know that it wears away after a ride

Image not available

1209x1612

20230519_165620.jpg

Anonymous No. 146961

Did first enduro race of season today. It rained all week except today and wednesday. True french alps experience, steep rocks, lots of roots, loam, other steep shit and mud. Rode completely loose today despite being greasy and made many mistakes. At the final stage(fast rocky, socal type rocky/slabs) I was flying, bike was uncontrolable and rear end was flying everywhere but at the last half the wheel decided that punishment was too much and died. Spoke died, ruined another spoke, tire fucking blew out and derailleur got fucked. I even did strava PRs on the first sections of that stage till wheel anhero'd. 235/310, lost 2 mins and would've finished 190-200. Getting under 200 was my objective. There were also several qt race volunteers.
Fork doesn't seem to creak as bad as before. Good enough for me.
I'll increase the pedal pin height even more, shins will have more scars than stars in the sky. Had several instances where my feet slipped.
Also wearing dark lenses wasn't as bad as I thought even on a dark day. And it looks cooler
>>146940
I think the same, switched from OG freeriders to adidas sam hill impacts and grip is better. But thats probably due to the thicker sole.

Anonymous No. 146962

>>146862
How many times are you going to ask? Fucking try it and see if it works. You got it for free ffs.

Anonymous No. 146963

>>146864
>2021 result where I finished second to last
>racemakers ignored my request of being put in the middle of the starting list and I'm on last 20
Wtf do you expect? Stop making excuses and expecting to be catered to.

Anonymous No. 146992

>>146963
>don't know where I can fit a ride in this weekend
>don't have the spare money for decent lights for a night ride
Guess I'm just going to be stir crazy until next weekend

Anonymous No. 146993

>>146992
>>146963
I didn't mean to reply to you with that

Image not available

264x502

Screenshot_2023-0....png

Anonymous No. 147013

Is it any good

Image not available

1500x1500

cover.jpg

Anonymous No. 147049

Who here rides with music?
What do you listen to?
What earphones do you use?
Do they stay in?
How do they cope with sweat and dirt?
Can you still hear the bike/trail/other riders?
Have you ever come off with your buds in? Did they hurt?
Asking as an anon who loves the idea but has no earbuds that are suitable and is a bit worried about doing serious damage

Image not available

1000x1000

A2E3D984-DA3D-44A....jpg

Anonymous No. 147053

>>147049
son of a bitch is that guy still making music

Anonymous No. 147054

>>147049
>rides with music?
No. Perhaps on the climb I'll put wired earphones but I mostly mumble/talk shit to myself. On the way down its useless plus I like hearing the tires against the ground and suspension.

Anonymous No. 147055

>>147053
Yup
It's changed a lot over the years though. The harder, faster, bouncier days of Lapfox are long gone.
NullNoteHead, 2YR and Greenhouse are pretty poggers

Image not available

980x397

soundpro.jpg

Anonymous No. 147061

To the anon who was wondering about the Kitsuma, the bike is finally ready to rip. We might hit up whistler next wednesday

>>147049
I was thinking of getting syphons but that's 200 dorrahs and my phone just died yesterday so I have to replace that first

Anonymous No. 147066

>>147049
Only on the climbs and road rides. Definitely if it's a pavement or gravel climb.

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230520_2018....jpg

Anonymous No. 147110

What the fuck, I've only been riding on these tires since February and I only have about 12.5 hours of riding on them. I had heard these tires were soft but I didn't expect the tread to start ripping. The tears aren't deep but I haven't been pushing these tires anywhere near as hard as a racer would.

>>147049
I have friends that do and they use AfterShokz

>>147061
Excellent. I hope the shock works out. My super deluxe coil is much better now that I have a heavier spring on it but I wish locking it made it firm up even more. The lockout on my dvo topaz t3 is ridiculous, it makes my trail bike feel like a hardtail

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230520_1800....jpg

Anonymous No. 147121

>>147110
Looks like Michelin says don't run the tires under 26 psi and I've definitely been running them a lot lower than that. As heavy as these tires are, I have learned to love them now that the trails are dry and I'm not getting sucked back by mud. The grip is excellent and I love that the knobs don't pick up rocks like my old DHF and DHR did.
I've been looking at the Continental Kryptotal and Schwalbe Magic Mary and Big Betty to replace these if they fall apart soon, but I'd rather just get another pair of Wild Enduros and live with the short life span. Every time I've lost traction, it was my own fault for not weighting the tire

Anonymous No. 147126

>>147110
I had issues with the drivetrain and brakes, but both are fixed now. My only remaining problem is I need some grip compound to keep my bars from moving
>Excellent. I hope the shock works out. My super deluxe coil is much better now that I have a heavier spring on it but I wish locking it made it firm up even more. The lockout on my dvo topaz t3 is ridiculous, it makes my trail bike feel like a hardtail
Yeah I'm looking forward to dialing the shock and testing the lockout. Maybe I can use this at the jump park too. Its a fat boy at 40.75lbs tho

Anonymous No. 147149

>>147049
All the time. I use Shokz, previously called Aftershokz. The have never fallen off, even in serious crashes. Also they use bone condition so you don't have anything in your actual ears.

Image not available

1280x960

C8A0255C-CA5D-40F....jpg

Anonymous No. 147150

Not bad at all

Anonymous No. 147153

>>147121
I know MTB is all about "who can have the most niche brand X" buy why not just fit an assguy and DHR/dissector/HR2 and be done with it? I had a magic Mary in addix soft and it was shit and these michelins you've got you can't even run at a normal pressure without fucking them. What's the point?

Anonymous No. 147163

>>147121
>>147110
The cut is aesthetic mostly. I've had it like that for almost 2 years and nothing, a bit of sealant coming out but nothingburger. You can continue riding them in low pressure, you are in DH casing. But high psi is better if you want to go fast, magix will do it job either way.
>>147153
>assguy and DHR/Dissector
Bc maxxis < michelin, simple ass. Any tire can perform good in dry terrain, some better than others but when terrain gets interesting you'll notice the difference. The assguy clogged up in mud and dhr/dhf combo worked better when things were dry. Dissector wasn't even considered as its oriented to harpack dry terrain(anything will grip, you just want a fast rolling tire). You've got big sturdy sideknobs on michelin that will sink/grip and not squirm at all.

Anonymous No. 147186

>>147150

grim

Anonymous No. 147191

>>147153
I used to run dhf and dhr on my trail bike and those tires are only good in the dry. Granted it is dry most of the year, I've only ran these in the dry 3 times and they never slipped in slick mud that I would have slipped on with maxxis. The grip on the michelins is unreal. It's harder climbing in mud because of the drag, but it's better than slipping and spinning. Those maxxis tires are so much more durable, but they also pick up a lot of rocks and fling them into my bike, the michelins don't. Reduced lifespan and heavier weight are an acceptable trade. I'll just pump the tires back up because I used to have them above 30psi when I first set them up and they still had ridiculous grip and comfort, I just never bothered to pump the tires back up since then.
That's not to say maxxis is shit. I've used their tires for a long time and they are great, but for this bike, I'm sticking with Michelin.

>>147163
It definitely feels aesthetic when I run my fingers over it. I'm just concerned because the negative reviews of this tire say that the cornering knobs are so soft that one of the issues with the tires is that the knobs can tear off under really hard riding. I'm not going to replace them yet but there doesn't seem to be anything better than these tires for mixed surfaces

Anonymous No. 147234

>>147153
The 26psi thing is just so you don't try and get a warranty claim when you pinch flat it. The tires are good. And all of those tires you listed are dry terrain tires. It's just a matter of choosing the right tire for your conditions. The Wild enduros that anon has is a mixed conditions tire that does everything well. It clears mud. Grips dry terrain. Doesn't squirm. Maxxis doesn't make a tire in-between the assagai (dry) and the shorty (wet) while other manufacturers do. Basically a tire you can leave on your bike and it will work anywhere on anything.

Image not available

3264x2448

16846993493331285....jpg

Anonymous No. 147236

>>147191
Yes the knobs do rip off
>Pic related
Tire is 1.5 years old and was used for 4 seasons.
The rubber cracking is just something soft rubber tires do, I have been told.

Same thing as anon probably the best mixed conditions tire available.

Image not available

1221x916

20230515_190237.jpg

Anonymous No. 147259

>>146961
you have lots of spokes senpai, it's fine

Image not available

293x272

1684483470088134.jpg

Anonymous No. 147260

>>147013
are your ankles worth saving 100 usd over?

Anonymous No. 147277

>>147260
I just bought a SRAM SX crank (only 100g heavier than the latest meme cranks) and a threaded DUB BB for $90

Anonymous No. 147283

anyone use any smart watches? I just like to have a nice map to see where I'm going on new trails. however i am anal about the data collection.

Image not available

650x718

1679338574928071.jpg

Anonymous No. 147286

>>147283
garmin fenix is the only option, all others are turbo shitters

Anonymous No. 147288

>>147286
before i accidently turn this into a buying shitfest, what are ur thoughts on that suunto shit?

Image not available

715x436

1678730458286084.png

Anonymous No. 147290

>>147288
what don't you get about the first comment? maps on watches are almost universally shit anyway, use your phone for trailforks if it's needed

Anonymous No. 147325

>>147260
if they are?

Anonymous No. 147352

>>147236
Trails here are rocky, sharp, loose, loose over hard, dust, hardpack, muddy, and covered in debris, often the same trail will have all these conditions.
The Wild Enduros excelled in mud, hero dirt, loose over hard, hardpack, and jagged rocks. If the Schwalbe Wicked Wills I put on my trail bike don't work out(they work AMAZING when it's not muddy), I may put the Wild Force tires on it. I've head of some people putting the Wild Enduro in the front, and the Wild Force in the back so it rolls faster.
I have an Assegai and Dissector under my bed that I originally bought for the enduro bike, but I jumped on the Wild Enduros when they finally came back in stock. I think I'll just save them for my hardtail build to save money.

Image not available

1032x811

hamboner.jpg

Anonymous No. 147531

>>147325
mystery chink cranks could cause serious injury if you go mountain biking on them

Anonymous No. 147547

Speaking of cranks. I got an email from Raceface saying their Next R carbon cranks are 50% off so I bought a pair. I hope these are as good as their Atlas cranks because I've beat the shit out of those

Anonymous No. 147560

>>147283
Garmin instinct. Best value for money. Get the solar one. Really noticeable battery life increase during the summer.

Anonymous No. 147595

>>147121
I thought about getting michelins but thanks for letting us know they don't last. I'll stick to the tired and trusted schwalbe front and rear
>>147110

Anonymous No. 147599

>>147150
Is that city creek, I was up there last week. First time there, trails are kinda boring. Definitely prefer corner canyon.

Image not available

1080x2400

Screenshot_202305....png

Anonymous No. 147602

>>147531
What about a mystery chink cassette? Broke my first one, probably need a mystery chain too. What could go wrong?

Image not available

500x373

1514678793475.png

Anonymous No. 147629

>>147602
fine i guess but may as well go deore 10sp and have zero problems and a warranty

Anonymous No. 147630

>>147595
They're just stretch marks. I did notice one knob that looks like it ate a corner really hard.
I'll be riding them again today but at an approved PSI. Those marks weren't there before that ride and I hit two trails were rough rock gardens the whole way through.

Image not available

1280x960

0E49D6B4-3B5F-4DE....jpg

Anonymous No. 147667

>>147599
No it’s 8th street motorcycle trail

Image not available

3072x4080

PXL_20230523_0054....jpg

Anonymous No. 147688

Pumped up the tires and the grip is still great, but the ride became harsher. The tires didn't seem to wear down any more. I did notice the increased stiffness in the sidewall meant I was slipping on diagonal roots a bit more but that's partly because I wasn't as into it today so I was riding slower.

Image not available

2000x1500

1684823004191.jpg

Anonymous No. 147718

Anyone else live with other riders?

Do you ride together often?

How many bikes are you allowed to have until your housemates start being concerned?

(3 of these are mine)

Anonymous No. 147758

>>147718
pretty...

Anonymous No. 147775

>>147718
I have the same parktool pump in the bottom left of the picture. The pressure gauge is useless to me, it's at least 15-20psi under

Image not available

1080x1688

Screenshot_202305....jpg

Anonymous No. 147786

'Ate being a poorfag, simple as

Image not available

3072x4080

PXL_20230408_0055....jpg

Anonymous No. 147794

>>147786
Silent hubs are overrated but I do enjoy the instant engagement. I never understood why the sound of hubs makes people get so absolutely assblasted. Some guy in my gravel group made a big deal about how horrible noisy hubs are.
Ironically, all the parks where I don't have to worry about hikers or riders going up the wrong way are parks where my trail bike with i9 hubs is better suited. Every park I've used this bike at requires I use my autobell just to warn hikers and riders I'm going through. Having said that, I am considering getting Onyx flange hubs for my next build but I think I'd rather save the money and get i9 hubs or Chris WE WUZ Kings just to try something new

Anonymous No. 147805

>>147794
Fuck the beehive on the back. That tairin s1 doesn't have instant engagement, but its quite smooth and no resistance. I don't have a hiker problem as my trails aren't shared and honestly not for hiking/walking at all.

Image not available

1080x731

20230523_202146.jpg

Anonymous No. 147814

Well, the derailleur got fugged in the friday race, it got bent and now shifts horribly(hanger is ok). Its a NX derailleur and a SX shifter.
Is GX better or I should look for shimano( idk if they are compatible with sram 52t cassettes). I've read that XT shifter+XT derailleur+ sram 52t cassette works. And with this, what about the shimano clutch? Is it bad, better to keep chain tension? I remember some mixing conversation a couple threads back but I ignored it.

Image not available

550x444

1539371824655.jpg

Anonymous No. 147841

>>147814
you want a sram shifter with a sram cassette, just get a gx derailleur

Anonymous No. 147843

>>147786
Are those the same tech as onyx? Onyx’s lighter version has some longevity issues which is why the heavier classic version is often recommended, I wonder how these will hold up if it’s using the same shell-loading forces as onyx

Anonymous No. 147853

>>147841
Thats the plan, but I've read here that shimano>sram transmission

Anonymous No. 147854

>>147843
Nope, different than onyx. No instant engagement. Like 7 degs I think.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cah-EUWv_-C/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Anonymous No. 147867

>>147853
Well I have 5 different cassettes and derailleurs on 5 different bikes all within arms reach of me and I say get an Eagle derailleur for your Eagle cassette. My 1 year old GX Eagle derailleur is built differently and does have quite a lot less play than my 3 year old NX and certainly my 4 year old NX, the X01 derailleur doesn’t feel too much different than the GX one but we’ll see how that stands over the years. Shifters are all fine, better ones have more adjustment but NX through X01 shifters all work the same. 11s Rival on a shimano cassette is noticeably clunkier than 11s Rival on a SRAM cassette (same tooth counts), and you want any narrowide specific shaping or ramping to match up as well as possible, so I’m voting to keep it all one brand ecosystem

Anonymous No. 147869

>>147853
Worth pointing out that the derailleur/shifter doesn’t really mean that much and should be low on your list of drivetrain priorities; everything pushes a chain sideways 2 or so mm just as well as each other, everything has a long cage and a clutch now, everything has massive B-screw adjustment, what you really want to scrutinize for performance is your chain, cassette and chainring all matching up together for the best shifting
And of course keeping up on adjustments when needed, but that’s true for anything

Image not available

556x604

1663821669984420.jpg

Anonymous No. 147870

>>147867
Alright, thanks

Image not available

225x225

JUST.jpg

Anonymous No. 147905

Shit we don't have time to hit the whistler park tomorrow REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I just wanna ride my new bike

Anonymous No. 147948

>>147805
I find sound to be such an insignificant part of the riding experience that I don't even understand why people have such strong feelings about loud vs noisy hubs. I have both and I don't care about either. Having said that, the Onyx hubs do have instant engagement, less drag, and the silence is a consequence of that so I am open to buying another set of them, but I'm not paying a premium for it again.

Image not available

750x1334

F704A22A-8BE3-4DC....png

Anonymous No. 147958

>>147150 here, still alive. Tightened my threaded headset today since the slight amount of play had me paranoid about headtube cracknfail rumors, decidedly easier to adjust than threadless. Also ran into a guy that used to manage a cannondale shop, he assured me the US-made cannondales of the time were stout and tough, and I suppose I can see the frame is thicker-walled aluminum tubes than any other bike I own, the fork or course is steel and therefore indestructible, but god damn that headtube looks like 3 sticks tied together, and I’m kinda jumping bigger than ever on these 26” wheels

Anonymous No. 147965

>>147775
I think all floor pumps are like that, at least all three that I've owned. The guages are only accurate the first couple of times you use them.

I had an unbranded one, a giant control tower 1 and some joe blow thing I don't know much about but all three consistently read way lower than they should have. Set the tyre pressure to 25ish on the guage and the tyre is rock hard pinging off roots kind of thing.

Anonymous No. 147967

>>147869
What this guy said. I've got both XT and GX 12s bikes, they both shift about as good as each other.

You would probably buy an XT shifter and derailleur for less than the price of the GX derailleur on its own. And the Shimano cassette will probably be half the price of the equivalent level SRAM one. So there's that. Also the Shimano will upshift with a trigger pull as well as a push, which is handy in certain positions.

Image not available

352x395

97445F7D-E9D8-403....jpg

Anonymous No. 147969

>>147948
>less drag
when am I gonna see you at the next “spin your wheel while the bike is in the workstand” competition

Anonymous No. 147998

>>147969
Onyx claims they have the least drag because the clutch completely disengages when freewheeling, other hub designs still have contact in some way. Now that you mention it, I think my "free-est" spinning wheels are the ENVE 65 road wheels and they're the loudest hubs I have.

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230524_1826....jpg

Anonymous No. 148023

I wasn't expecting much from the color but it is so much better looking in person than in photos.
Damn cheap asses at Yeti couldn't include a headset with this. EVIL gives you the headset and a branded stemcap

Image not available

2073x2764

20230524_184637.jpg

Anonymous No. 148036

I saw the weather and there was supposed to be a thunderstorm while riding but I took my chances and took the bus to the mountain top. Nothing but clouds.
>>148023
Sexy. We can see your fat fingers, we are fatphobic here.

Image not available

1024x729

gunowners.jpg

Anonymous No. 148042

>>148036
I don't have fat fingers, it's just the .7x zoom.
I'm going to use that zoom and angle to shitpost on /k/ if I ever finish building my AR

Image not available

1280x960

BB4964A3-699F-4A2....jpg

Anonymous No. 148057

>>148036
I didn’t see the weather 3 days ago and drove my YT Capra up my local mountain to do a hour and a half loop and got caught in a surprise thunderstorm for the almost the last hour of it, saw lightning striking the radio tower probably 1 mile away over and over, and I passed by a tree that had exploded in the middle with a huge burn mark breaking it in half.
Only took a picture before it started pouring because my phone is old and not very waterproof

Anonymous No. 148059

>>148042
>2 evil bikes
>1 yeti hardtail
>1 dj
>spends even more on rifles
/n/igs hate you kek. I wonder how many guys that you cross in the AIDs ridden streets of Bay Area using 1627th hand bikes with chink components post on /n/.

Anonymous No. 148060

>>148057
Where's that? Should've taken the pic of tree. I now carry a bag due to those suprise storms, won't risk getting the phone ruined again

Image not available

2000x1506

PXL_20220918_2202....jpg

Anonymous No. 148062

>>148059
There is also my gravel bike that I have 3 wheelsets for.
I get along well with other riders I encounter who are out there for sport and enjoyment. I occasionally talk to casual riders, usually to tell them I'm passing them, other times to offer them tips on safer routes through the city so they don't get isekai'd.
I encounter some ridiculously powerful riders sometimes on the streets. I watched a guy on a fixie with really fast gearing pedal up a very steep hill and I followed him in my granny gear. I talked to him for a bit and then he blasted off at like 35mph on flat ground

Image not available

750x633

4EE28C52-7073-4B6....jpg

Anonymous No. 148083

>>148060
I was gonna go back with my 90’s hardtail and find the tree but decided to do like 20 laps of the pedal-up bike park instead
Tomorrow perhaps, I know exactly where that tree is anyways

Image not available

700x526

azalxZo0_700w_0.jpg

Anonymous No. 148107

>>148059
>/n/ users are poor and jealous
some things never change

Image not available

1936x3000

midge.jpg

Anonymous No. 148109

>>148062
what happens when a midget size stone gets in that gap between the frame and rear tyre? carbon screeching?

Anonymous No. 148128

>>148109
It never goes in. These tires are excellent at clearing debris before it can get sucked between the seat tube. I wish Vittoria made these tires with a thicker sidewall so I could use them on my mountain bikes without worrying about slashing them on rocks.

Anonymous No. 148211

I just got a digital air gauge and I regret not getting one sooner. I feel like a retard for not understanding their usefulness in the past, I always went by the squeeze check

Image not available

320x383

1684059443721932.gif

Anonymous No. 148225

>>148128
But what IF a midget sized stone gets in the gap and kills bike? Would you stare at it flabbergasted? Scream? Ignore it? Just buy another one lmao? Wwyd?

Image not available

1077x794

1651183238099.jpg

Anonymous No. 148226

>>147967
>You would probably buy an XT shifter and derailleur for less than the price of the GX derailleur on its own
The ideal setup is an 11 speed X0 shifter with xt derailleur. This way you get the superior crisp feel and adjustability in the shifter pod, along with the cheaper derailleur with switchable clutch

Image not available

834x960

moneybobHD.jpg

Anonymous No. 148233

>>148225
well I have the bike insured for $6k so I'll just buy another with the crash replacement discount

Image not available

720x720

1683357662212899.png

Anonymous No. 148261

>>148226
they COULD have made better spaced lighter 11sp cassettes but no, we had to be pushed into 12 with narrower chains and brand new standards
there's rumours that sr*ms new transmission will be compatible with 13 speed as the chain is even skinnier than their 12sp ones

Anonymous No. 148267

>>148261
We already had to make the cassette literally overlap the spokes to fit 11 gears, of course it’s a better idea to shift standards for consuming retards who are buying the latest and greatest anyways

Image not available

413x304

A815CAF2-114F-4C3....jpg

Anonymous No. 148273

Do I try to get a good sleep so can take my shittiest mountain bike on a 20 mile 3000ft loop tomorrow?
Or do I grab my lights and take my shittiest mountain bike on a 15 mile 2000ft series of loops instead?
Or do I stay up late playing digimon world for PlayStation 1 and then unsuccessfully try to convince myself I can get up early to take my shittiest mountain bike on a 20 mile 3000ft loop?

Image not available

972x776

1616108080738.jpg

Anonymous No. 148284

>>148273
riding in the day is much better, chance of being found quicker as well if you eat shit and need help

Anonymous No. 148290

>>146797
Suggested pricing in the OP is out of date from the lockdown shortage times.
You can get a good hardtail for under $1000 and a good full sus for under $2.

Anonymous No. 148294

>>148290
>Good full sus under 2k
Only of used. New will be shit

Anonymous No. 148300

>>148290
New ones under 2k will be shit and used is also hard to get I am currently negotiating Knolly with 135 travel for 2,4k
A good new full sus is imo Marin alpine trail XR and that goes for 3,8k in my country.

Anonymous No. 148309

>>148211
You'll feel the same when you get a proper torque wrench.

Anonymous No. 148311

>>148261
>13 speed
What the fuck. What does somebody even use the 12th cog for? I have 11 on my bike too, and that's pretty overkill for climbing. The only possible reason for 12 would be if you use a 36t+ ring

Image not available

1382x720

1665333267854195.webm

Anonymous No. 148322

>>148311
>What does somebody even use the 12th cog for?
For my 52t ring.

Image not available

498x720

1640268606358.webm

Anonymous No. 148329

>>148311
for turbobloat enduro bikes inching their way up fire roads

Image not available

716x960

mtbfd.jpg

Anonymous No. 148330

>>148261
> skinnier chain
awww man, I was considering getting the new Transmission to put on my Arc but that means I'd have to get a sram chainring and likely cassette too. I already committed to the RaceFace 30mm cinch bb and chainring standard, and I'm sticking with garbaruk cassettes since they weigh less than XX1 and cost less than X01. Looks like I'm sticking to my original plan of getting a 12 speed eagle or shimano groupset. I want to try out TRP's 12 speed derailleur, but I can't see why it would be worth more to me than what Shimano and SRAM put out.

>>148311
Campagnolo and ROTOR already have 13 speed drivetrains out and they've been around for at least 2 years. They're so riders can get more range and smaller step ups without needing a front derailleur adding complexity, weight, and increasing aerodynamic drag. Campy's is specifically for gravel, although my 2x shimano grx setup has never had a malfunction or dropped the chain, and ROTOR's is for mtb, road, gravel, and TT/Triathlon. In a race or time trial, every bit of aero counts, that's why some helmets and sunglasses are outrageously expensive since they're engineered to save Watts. It means nothing to regular riders like us, but it matters when trying to set a world record or if your livelihood depends on winning races.
I really wanted to get my gravel bike with one of those 13 speed groupsets, but decided against it to save money since the specialty Campy tools for it are overpriced and not well stocked. 1x11 is enough for MTB anyway.

Anonymous No. 148350

>>148330
>They're so riders can get more range and smaller step ups without needing a front derailleur
I guess. I mean even the 12spd cassettes don't need to go up to 52t imo. I think 12 cog mid 40s tooth count with shorter step ups would be more than enough for non-hamplanets

Image not available

1329x1429

1666887498385506.jpg

Anonymous No. 148352

Went for a ride and at the top encountered a woman and her big fluffy white dog. Dog was slower than I expected but poor thing must have been tired. 1400m of D- but only 10km.
It was slightly wet, not like wednesday but till muddy to get bike covered in mud. The woman was using assguy 2x and guess who tf kept sliding and tire was completely clogged up in mud? Thats right niggas, the m*xxis assguy. Absolutely shit tire. Common DH22 win.

Anonymous No. 148357

>find the first insufferable retard I see riding a bike
>his bike has maxxis minions
>many such cases
>:Clap emoji:
>fr fr

Anonymous No. 148358

>>148352
wild enduro ftw

Image not available

493x352

1559597820494.jpg

Anonymous No. 148359

>>148357
but I like maxxis tyres

Image not available

382x554

1661896094101644.gif

Anonymous No. 148366

>>148357
This but unironically
>>148359
You're not gonna make it.

Image not available

2160x2679

thiccboi.jpg

Anonymous No. 148370

>>148366
>i won't make it
>tfw that is certain
but my tallboy became a bloatboy today with a float x, maybe it won't feel like a pogo stick like the dps does?

Image not available

1080x631

Screenshot_202305....jpg

Anonymous No. 148372

>fix terrible cable routing that goes under BB
>headset cable routing
Its one step forward another one backwards with these german negroes
>water ingress will be higher
>change bearings
>unplug brakes that'll need bleeding and unplug derailleur cable that you'll need to spend 1-2 hours fiddling to set again
>cant use stem you want
>plastic spacers
>want to add a headset spacer to ride a bit higher?
>unplug brakes that'll need bleeding and unplug derailleur cable that you'll need to spend 1-2 hours fiddling

Image not available

1078x1028

COILvAIRFAGS.jpg

Anonymous No. 148374

>>148370
Can't you follow God's gospel and put a cascade link + coil to make it a hightower? You could redeem yourself
>120mm bike with a coil shock

Image not available

576x499

1684550085620351.png

Anonymous No. 148378

>>148374
i have a 170/180mm enduro bike with a coil i don't think it's worth it on a small trail bike, the ones who do that just wish they had a megatower kek

Image not available

1024x576

1683526104989187.jpg

Anonymous No. 148379

>>148372
the cope from propain on the pinkbike article comments was hilarious
>nn.. no it's quieter and more waterproof!!
o I am laffin

Image not available

1709x1286

dvotopazt3.jpg

Anonymous No. 148385

>>148350
I only go up to 50T, I don't bother with the 52T cassette. 50T +32T chainring is fine on my trail bike for getting up everything but the steepest and loosest climbs, and on my enduro, I just went with a 30T.
I just ordered two garbaruk 10-50T cassettes since the one on my trail bike wore out and I figured I may as well order the chainring and cassette for my Yeti Arc build to get free shipping. Damn I love these garbaruk cassettes, they look cool, they weigh less than XX1, cost less than X01, and the performance is great too.

>>148359
DHF and DHR are the gold standard, luckily other manufacturers have finally stepped up and started making better tires than Maxxis.

>>148370
If it doesn't work out, get the DVO Topaz T3. I just put one on my Evil Following and it's just a straight upgrade over the RS Super Deluxe air in every single performance metric. I'm in awe that it's so good. Your VPP is a more efficient climbing linkage than mine, but on full lock, this bike becomes a hardtail, even Mid is all I need for getting up long and steep climbs efficiently

>>148372
Why the FUCK are bike manufacturers pushing this shit? WHO IS ASKING FOR HEADSET ROUTING? I see bitch ass roadies complain about unclean cockpits on high end aero race bikes, but not even the pros care that much about it considering Canyon doesn't always run it in pro races and they're still winning.

Image not available

343x498

1627589479710.gif

Anonymous No. 148388

>On the way back from my buddy's destination wedding
>No luck wheeling any grils there
>Sit beside qt3.14 by chance on the flight back home
>Hit it off and she tells me she's single
>She is based and works at the local bike park here
>Get her number and she says she can get me free lift tickets
>mfw
Holy fuck, I'm not usually one to stress over texting a gril, but this time is different. Please channel your energy for me bros

Image not available

500x453

1671441048959280.jpg

Anonymous No. 148392

>open thread
>all this gear talk going over my head
i just wanna ride, man...

Image not available

2048x1152

bikebaby02.jpg

Anonymous No. 148396

>>148388
I sincerely hope you breed with her.

Anonymous No. 148403

>>148388
so what do you actually do during a date

Image not available

1600x1200

20230527_060900.jpg

Anonymous No. 148443

>>148392
post about your rides then?
on thursday I did a 40km 1200m climbing xc ride around the hills here on my tallboy..the weather has been great so all the trails are dry
the rekon tyre on the back nearly killed me about 10x with all the loose gravel though so the dissector is now back on kek

Anonymous No. 148445

>>148443
Man I wish there are places like that in Australia. The only thing we get down here are some shitty small parks.

Image not available

320x240

1666813467789943.gif

Anonymous No. 148458

>>148388
You gotta breed and get the free season pass

Anonymous No. 148464

>>148379
I also read an article about cube one55 which has the same faggery as propain and all they were doing was complain kek
funny how much one opinion changes based on muh favorite bike

Anonymous No. 148466

Shill me some non maxxis tires then.
27.5, riding mostly loam

Anonymous No. 148468

>>148466
wild enduro michelins

Anonymous No. 148470

I finally stepped up to the medium jump line and I was surprised how ok it was. I'm definitely a lot less stiff and panicky than I was 6 months ago

Anonymous No. 148479

>>148388
>unironically thinks he's the only person she's dangling free shit in front of
I shiggy

Anonymous No. 148480

>>148479
>thinks she won't get you banned from the hill if things sour
double shiggs

Image not available

3264x2448

16852018205782023....jpg

Anonymous No. 148485

>>148372
Such a cool bike ruined by internal headset cable routing.
I think they are going to sell very few as their market is core mountain bikers.
Let's hope they don't fuck up the spindrift and rage.
>>148388
You can do it anon. be honest about what you like, you don't want to change yourself to be unhappy for a girl. Compromise is different from giving up passions though.

>>148466
Continental Argotals

>>148443
Did a 30 mile 5000ft climbing Backcountry ride after I fell off of a skinny behind my house and hurt my kneecap.
I opted out of the extra 17 miles and 3000 feet of climbing. Because my knee was hurting me and I felt like I should stop.

I also bought pic related so because they are square tires I need to true my rims to get optimal grip. Its going to rain in the southeast Sunday so its going to be a muddy bike park day. I will post first impressions

Image not available

728x604

pro pain.jpg

Anonymous No. 148486

>>148385
>>148379
the comment in question fucking kek

Image not available

1221x916

20230218_135803.jpg

Anonymous No. 148487

>>148485
I rode the kryptotal rear enduro casing on my big bike for a bit - while the tyre rides well and has stiff sidewalls the durability is utter shit in enduro casing.
it's got 5 plugs in now and a huge cut in the sidewall.
>back to dhr2 in dd casing

Anonymous No. 148496

>>148487
Cool I might order a dh casing if this one is kill, that and bring a spare tire to the park tomorrow. Im going to be running a tire insert regardless though. Did you get Punctures or pinch flats. There aren't really any sharp rocks or anything that gives traditional punctures where I am. I only get pinch flats.

Anonymous No. 148497

>>148486
Am I retarded, because I don't understand how you can add spacers without having to fuck around with all your cables. The stem I kind of understand because you can probably force them through the bolt gap

Image not available

800x600

date.jpg

Anonymous No. 148500

>>148396
>>148458
>>148485
>I sincerely hope you breed with her
Thanks, frens! I'll make sure to remember your nice comments while doing so
>>148403
>so what do you actually do during a date
Talk about bikes, of course
>>148466
Checked. I've been a fan of vittoria tires these days. They seem to have the best grip for harder wearing tires I've used so far. Although I would only go for the enduro casing, since I was getting punctures when I tried ones with the trail casing.

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230524_1826....jpg

Anonymous No. 148502

>>148487
Damn, just further proves why the Minions are the gold standard and why I'm sticking with the Wild Enduros.

These fuggin Schwalbe Wicked Wills...I can't figure out if they're the wrong tires for my trails or if I'm using them wrong, or I suck. If I touch the brakes on loose over hard terrain, or when I'm on marbles over hardpack, they start squirming, but as long as I don't touch them, they handle the terrain fine but braking is a part of riding. Wet weather performance isn't good, but most tires aren't good in mud anyway, but it's dry again so I don't care. They absolutely kicked so much ass in moist forest dirt but the pressure was possibly at 15psi when I rode them then and they were at >25psi on the loose and dry terrain.

>>148486
> complaining about the noise from cables rattling
> go with headset routing to fix it
Are these guys fucking serious? That is fixed with a better cable housing, a housing for the cable housing, better tube-in-tube internal routing, or better seals on the frame's cable ports. FFS, my Yeti has covers for the ports specifically to reduce cable rattle and that's without making it harder to work on. On my enduro with Onyx hubs, all I hear when I'm riding are my brakes, the tires, my suspension, and me cursing at myself for bad line choice.

Is there some secret cabal forcing manufacturers to do this bullshit or is this the industry equivalent of presidential candidates catering to the few vocal crazies in elections now? Because it seems like they're only doing it because Scott did it and they don't want to lose out on the retard first time buyers who think "hmm, these guys have headset routing and these guys don't, I don't know anything about bikes so I'll get the bike that has the feature I don't understand"

>inb4 acros headset

Image not available

4608x3456

20230527_141840.jpg

Anonymous No. 148509

>>148466
>riding mostly loam
Nigga...
Michelin DH22. Its an overall tire that excels at everything but excels more in loose terrain. I ride in picrel that was today. Steep and loam + roots in this mountain.
>>148487
Oof. Why don't you use DH casing? I don't even bother with softer ones. But what about grip? I've read good things about it in supersoft and really good at loose terrain but it isn't an overall tire like the DH22

Image not available

1024x1024

1665291567813920.png

Anonymous No. 148510

>>148502
>secret cabal forcing
We all know (((who)))

Image not available

2704x1520

VideoCapture_2023....jpg

Anonymous No. 148517

>>148496
all cuts near the outer side knobs, 1 pinchflat... just laziness with installing cushcore but it wouldn't have helped with the other punctures.
the enduro casing IS lighter than doubledown so I guess the true test is the dh conti one which isn't much heavier than maxxis dd.
Wales is very mixed terrain so it can be roots/rocks/slate/loam or mud all in 1 place, the kryptotal is listed as a mixed terrain tyre too

Image not available

1079x1325

1682835152129490.jpg

Anonymous No. 148518

>>148517
Post riding so we judge

Image not available

1080x1080

cancer.jpg

Anonymous No. 148520

>>148497
I worked on new cube and focus bikes and its basically a two piece spacer. That shit makes you suicidal while working on it.
pic rel

Image not available

500x666

hamboner2.jpg

Anonymous No. 148529

>>148520
>I worked on new cube and focus bikes and its basically a two piece spacer.

Image not available

603x587

1668032247334294.png

Anonymous No. 148530

>>148520
This is just a horrible thing to see

Image not available

640x480

jipaKHs.jpg

Anonymous No. 148531

>>148518
i'm not very good anon, I won't waste your time
>>148509
dh casing is a lot more expensive on contis as they're the only ones not made in chink factories, the enduro ones were €35 each at the time

Image not available

250x267

rw.png

Anonymous No. 148538

did some technical climbing on some rooty trails yesterday. Had to walk up a few of them. I'm wiped out

Image not available

1124x1351

1618266606116.jpg

Anonymous No. 148555

>>148520
Holy kek, it's so marvelously retarded

Image not available

600x515

BywqDpdCUAAeFRK.jpg

Anonymous No. 148564

>>148520
I...eh...what in the goddamn fuckshit

Anonymous No. 148575

>>148520
I've seen that the new Canyon Spectrals have spacers like this. I know those fuckers are still using Acros headsets

Image not available

3264x2448

16852438319682038....jpg

Anonymous No. 148577

Wheels are trued, inserts inserted, brake pads are checked, mud will be guarded, Tires are installed, gear is prepped, and lunch is made.
I'm ready for a muddy park day tomorrow.

Also here is a wine voucher, I won't use it.

Image not available

3264x2448

16852441942901899....jpg

Anonymous No. 148578

>>148577
Instructions

Anonymous No. 148585

>>148578
Send me the biosteel packets or get outta here

Image not available

2000x2666

20230528_012200_HDR.jpg

Anonymous No. 148594

>Spring on my Time pedal just snapped while clipping in
>Find out Time was recently acquired by sr*m
Well, it looks like I'm probably not going to get any support with this. If I don't get this replaced for free, do you anons have any recommendations for clipless pedals that don't use the shimano mechanism?

Anonymous No. 148611

>>148531
Comon post it

Image not available

1080x1077

20230528_115829.jpg

Anonymous No. 148612

Its happening again...
>fix something
>something else dies
>fix it
>another thing comes up
Circles turning circles

Anonymous No. 148625

>>148594
Only other option would be crankbothers, but there's is worse than Shimano IMO.

Anonymous No. 148649

>>146857
Ride Concept shoes are sweet as. Compared to the running shoes that I used to wear you notice the stiffness and grip of the mountain biking shoes immediately. (The Livewire model is more than enough imo).

Image not available

1500x2000

furry boi.jpg

Anonymous No. 148668

>>148594
just get spds faget

Image not available

540x540

1518549107479.jpg

Anonymous No. 148671

>>148612
for me, it's randomly creaking suspension pivots

Anonymous No. 148681

>>148594
Get HT or Nuke proof, or Hope.

Ht has the best clipless mechanism out of any brand and works amazing until the bushings shit themselves

Anonymous No. 148732

>>148594
just get SPDs. there's no fucking reason not to. If you don't want to git gud just get the kind with a platform on one side. in real-world riding there's no time ever that you need to pedal harder than you can by just mashing on the spindle while disengaged. if you're Chris Akrigg or riding the world cup or whatever maybe you get to tell me I'm wrong, otherwise...

Image not available

960x960

1634687050949.jpg

Anonymous No. 148742

>>148625
Yeah, I've heard bad things about crank bros reliability. Its a shame that Time had to sell out to sram since they've had an excellent track record for reliability, and used to do out of warranty repairs for free most of the time if this sort of thing happened. We'll see if that's changed I guess
>>148681
I've heard good things about HT. Perhaps I'll give them a try if things don't work out
>>148668
>>148732
>just get spds
No

Anonymous No. 148743

>>148742
>No

Time
>sold out

Time clones
>out of business or sold out

Crank bros
>lmao

Speedplay
>Frogs

>pinned flats
>SPD

so?

Anonymous No. 148747

>>148487
Even reviews say the Continental DH casing is more comparable to maxxis DD I got the enduro casings to match it up with my EXO+ assguy and it’s doing the job well

Image not available

1200x900

20220705_191602.jpg

Anonymous No. 148771

>>148747
The dd dhr2 maxxterra I put on recently is holding up a lot better than the conti enduro kryptotal puncture wise it does get torn up on fast/loose hardpack.
For Morzine in July I'll try the xynotal in dh casing.

Image not available

668x681

1673297307044437.png

Anonymous No. 148793

>>148771
Who do all bongs flock to PdS like rats out of a sinking ship(ingerl*nd) to the point that there are insurances only available for bongs?

Anonymous No. 148796

>>148793
The fuck are you talking about anon.
Return to reality

Anonymous No. 148797

>>148796
They all go to PdS. Even the Ads I get in instagram for chalets are in british pounds

Image not available

902x836

awdasd.png

Anonymous No. 148800

>>148671
I've given up on that. They will creak no matter how much lube I use

>t. Trek Fuel owner

Image not available

960x932

1617238584066.jpg

Anonymous No. 148823

>>148743
I like the Times because they're the easiest to jam the cleat into in a pinch, and they have the best feeling float. The HTs look interesting, but maybe I'll just wait till some times go on sale and hope it's older stock from the original factory in france. I ride flat pedals pretty often, with a pair for each of my bikes, so I'm in no rush

Image not available

2000x1500

fuk pedaling.jpg

Anonymous No. 148842

>>148797
'ate pedalin
'ate forens
luv morgans n shatel
don't like it you know where the door is
simple as

Anonymous No. 148848

>>148842
>'ate pedalin
Very based

Image not available

1080x1920

DiosmioelGORDOFAT....webm

Anonymous No. 148850

>still running less pressure and tokens than Ms.PIGGY
Vali Höll needs to stop bulking and drop the birth control jew pill

Anonymous No. 148853

>>148850
Generally as riding aggressiveness increases, your setup will have to become stiffer and more supportive. It’s common for top level racers to have their compression damping basically maxed out and their tire PSI in the high 30’s. It so they can hit corners and slam into rocks at double the speed of normal people

Image not available

926x319

Screenshot_202305....jpg

Anonymous No. 148872

>>148853
Fatman here runs 130psi and 3 volume spacers. Speedboy amaury pierron runs 26psi on tires and I don't think even he runs 130 psi on the fork. On another comment, fatman said that he tried Ms.Piggy's bike suspension/tire settings and they were so harsh that he could aswell be riding a hardtail.

Anonymous No. 148879

>>148872
Yeah that’s what basically everybody says about basically every bike set up for pro level DH lol hence my statement

Anonymous No. 148880

>>148879
It’s like an old trope even, “the rider says softer, but the clock says stiffer”

Anonymous No. 148888

>>148879
I forgot to add, that fatboy used loic brunis and greg minaars settings and he claims the bike was 'too soft', he bottomed out everysingle time and had several rim strikes due to the low(25/27psi)tire pressure. compared to Ms.Slampiggy's setting which wouldn't allow any fork/shock movement

Anonymous No. 148898

>>148853
Depends on the course and weather. Shitty weather and lots of flat corners or loose over hard probably calls for low pressure. Manicured berms/deep ruts and semi-dry calls for high pressure

Anonymous No. 148934

>>148888
Has he tried using his own settings lol there’s probably like 2 useable clicks of compression and rebound for his weight and his ideal air pressure should be obviously not anything based a 160lbs pro rider, and can also be measured with riding to see if it’s ideal

Anonymous No. 148935

>>148888
Vali Holl also rides sram/rockshox is this guy using those click and psi settings for his fox 38?

Anonymous No. 148936

>>148888
Frankly I think the rockshox charger dampers are soft as hell compared to fox GRIP and that photo of Vali riding in those white pants where you could see her panties will never be forgotten

Image not available

1333x1000

cassette.jpg

Anonymous No. 148944

>Chink wide range 10 speed cassette installed
>Chink chainring arriving soon
The moment of truth will soon be upon me. Will this be a resounding success, saving me hundreds of dollars by letting me keep my 10 speed drivetrain, or will it catastrophically fail destroying both me and my bike?

Anonymous No. 148945

>>148872
how much does he for gods sake weight

Image not available

720x463

socialcredit9.jpg

Anonymous No. 148946

>>148944
+500 Social Credit for using Superior Chinese Products, -500 Social Credit for using racist slurs

Anonymous No. 148947

>>148944
Is that a goatlink or some shit, something to make 10s work with these stupid big cassettes?

Image not available

678x525

1676460878403029.png

Anonymous No. 148950

>>148850
how do you maintain such a bulk while doing a cardio intensive sport? he must eat dump trucks full of maccies every day

Anonymous No. 148952

I'm pretty sure I've broken my big toe. No biking for meeeeee

Image not available

996x682

1673389470035133.jpg

Anonymous No. 148953

>>148952
that's what you get biking in sandals nerd, have you had it xrayed?

Anonymous No. 148957

>>148953
I'm in a and e right now. Literally just came out of the radiologist now waiting for the doc
I wish it was from biking, but I had an unstable episode and smashed my foot into a doorframe with all my tard strength

Anonymous No. 148958

>>148945
Alot, but definetely less than Ms.Piggy

Anonymous No. 148959

>>148950
The fatfuck is on an ebike...

Anonymous No. 148961

>>148952
>>148957
Oof. I was off the bike for 3-4 weeks when I fucked my toe in october. Luckily it was in winter. I still can't flex the toe without pain nor do hikes with pain afterward. Did it get all swollen and purple?

Image not available

2530x3542

20230530_211120.jpg

Anonymous No. 148962

>>148961
Behold, the worst possible angle
At least I get a free moonboot

Anonymous No. 148963

>>148962
The worst bit is that this >>148470 is me and now I have to work up to that again

Image not available

1024x764

1671926616227803.png

Anonymous No. 148975

>>148959
most people of his proportions do literally no exercise at all, riding an eeb is probably a good workout in this case

Anonymous No. 148979

>>148959
he must get a lot of cardio a rode an eeb a few times and mostly all the energy you save going up you loose handling that 28kg shit geo and that guy is a blob so for him just popping front wheel has to be a workout so he probably eats like a pig

Image not available

1569x1079

1685363147228900.jpg

Anonymous No. 148987

>>148947
Yeah, It's basically a hangar extender so the derailleur can reach the larger gears on the cassette. Its annoying because the cage can easily handle the range of gears, but even the newer gx derailleurs don't move out of the way far enough to accommodate the larger gears since they're still designed for the smaller cassettes of 2x and 3x drivetrains.

Image not available

760x507

valcko-crocs-spd_1.jpg

Anonymous No. 148999

>>148953
> biking in sandals
I've been wanting to get clipless sandals for riding on hot days but I wouldn't trust them for MTB considering all the rocks, logs, and plants I hit. The only thing stopping me is that none of the stores near me carry them AFAIK and I don't want to order 3 pairs of sandals to find the one that fits. I ran into a couple riding with them and they said they're very comfortable.
I've heard of a guy in my area who will turn any pair of shoes you want into clipless shoes. I don't know what I would bring him

Image not available

1250x1976

sanctum-high-ital....png

Anonymous No. 149027

>>148999
Pair of these

Image not available

493x555

tiresome.jpg

Anonymous No. 149036

It's official, sr*m is not replacing the defective pedal that clearly had a spring that was not heat treated properly. Not even a discount on a new set. >>148594

Image not available

1017x642

style.jpg

Anonymous No. 149044

>>149036
many such cases
time for some spd sandals

Anonymous No. 149051

>>149044
These are the sandals I saw the couple from >>148999 wearing. They absolutely loved them and recommended them, but the problem with them is that the newest version has straps that may be too short in some cases. I need to find a store that carries them or KEEN spd sandals so I can try them on. I'm no longer going to fuck with ordering shoes online. I'm tired of the whole process of going back and forth to the post office and printing labels. I'm about done with doing it with helmets too. Gloves, shirts, and bibs always fit me perfectly

Image not available

640x426

2023 shimano dire....jpg

Anonymous No. 149131

>>148944
does it work? how well does it shift?

Image not available

1800x1200

631FBFF3-5F1F-4F7....jpg

Anonymous No. 149133

>>149131
No, bad shimano, work on this instead

Image not available

2048x2730

168453093905968372.jpg

Anonymous No. 149137

>>148979

Efag here, fattie above is probably representative of about 50% of ebikers. You can typically tell the ones who haven't come from MTB because their setups all up to fuck and they dress weird.

Anyways, with the ebike you can basically put in as much or as little effort as you want. Even on the descent a 'lazy' rider can basically let the bike do all the work. There are plenty of fat ebikers.

Anonymous No. 149158

>>149131
Seems fine from riding it on the street for a bit. Maybe a bit slower shifting on the smaller gears, but riding on the trail will be the real test. Still waiting for the new chainring before I do though, the old one I have on still is badly worn and creaks aggressively now that I finally replaced the chain. I'll update you anons as soon as I test it out

Anonymous No. 149162

>>148962
you have fat and ugly toes

Anonymous No. 149177

>>148936
How are u gonna mention bice girl pantsu and not show proof?

Image not available

393x320

ImpotentManchild.png

Anonymous No. 149185

>>148957
>I had an unstable episode and smashed my foot into a doorframe with all my tard strength
>I kicked a door 'cause I was angry

Anonymous No. 149187

>>149185
Basically
I'm trying to make changes but it's very hard when I can't afford to live alone

Anonymous No. 149190

>>149187
Grow up and stop making excuses for your pissbaby behavior.

Anonymous No. 149194

I got a new knolly comming and it has rockshox super deluxe coil on i´ve read that the shock size should be 185*55 whats the coil size smallest to biggest i can fit on it. It comes with 475lb spring and I am a fatso that needs at least 500lb spring. I´ve found a 525lb ohlins spring second hand I want to buy it but dont know the size I can fit on the shock. I dont have the bike yet it´s been sent just today but should come in 4 or so days.

Anonymous No. 149198

>>149194
email knolly or ask a pro suspension shop, shock spring weight for correct sag isn't the same across different frames even if the stroke length matches

Anonymous No. 149204

>>149177
You don't want to see the crotch outline of that bulked up tranny

Anonymous No. 149210

>>149204
Bullies don’t get lewds
>>149177
The funny thing is I thought they were all on branded chamois bibs but apparently you can’t sharpie out that ass

Image not available

777x854

1675809434045615.png

Anonymous No. 149212

>Chink chainring not machined tight enough to fit on the mounts on the inside of the crank spider
Jesus fuck, I knew there was going to be a catch with a $15 chainring. I'll try it on the outside of the spider with the shifted chain line before I take an angle grinder to it I guess

Anonymous No. 149220

>>149194
Also think about the interior diameter of the shock. A couple brands each use a certain diameter, and obviously you can fit wider on narrower, but not narrower on wider. Wide on narrow will also jiggle around so you might need a spacer kit. Afaik only MRP makes them

Anonymous No. 149418

I don't know why we fuck around so much with coil shocks. I like that with air shocks, you just pump it up and twist some knobs. I still don't know what I'm doing with my super deluxe coil and I'm on the third spring, at least it feels better now so I just have to figure out how to twist the knobs. I think a lot of people shill the Push 11.6 so much because that comes tuned for your weight and bike from the factory and most riders don't know what the heck they're doing with coil suspensions.

Anonymous No. 149419

>>149418
The push is probably shilled so much because push itself is a well respected company with a history of high performance mtb shocks (for many years the best thing you could do for you shock was send it in the get “push’ed” and have various internals/coatings replaced), coupled with the fact that it’s literally the most expensive production mtb shock out there so obviously bigger number = better. The only unique feature of the 11-6 is the two independent setting presets and being able to fully control both of them and swap them (final form of the climbing switch), and any manufacturing quality claims

Image not available

640x921

23B45A05-B711-4E4....jpg

Anonymous No. 149420

>>149418
And coil is the same except you choose a spring weight instead of pump it up with air, then fiddle with knobs just like normal. It’s even simpler as you can’t adjust the progression with tokens or air chamber variances within fork brands (although 2 progressive spring options do exist, all others are exactly linear). Instead of maybe 30 psi options multiplied by 4 token options with air, you only have 1-3 spring weight options multiplied by 2 different progression options with coil.
And the biggest benefit is that low low stiction, coil achieves what kashima cannot and I think that’s what makes it work so well (which translates into a super-active ground-hugging suspension that’s always moving, even with the tiniest inputs), even more so than the combination of the linear coil spring and my progressive frame linkage (which should be perfectly ideal, and translates into more predictability of force throughout suspension travel, particularly in berms, but I feel doesn’t provide the “free traction” the buttery low shock friction provides)
But also maybe I just can’t ride a bike very good, that’s a fair consideration

Image not available

499x375

54B206F9-BEB4-4A3....gif

Anonymous No. 149421

That reminds me I’ve been thinking my coil weight is too low for a long while now although I’ve never actually felt a bottom out, I have a coil 50lbs heavier right in front of me but idk if I should double check that I’m actually bottoming out ever with a $20 coil travel indicator or just go ahead and put the heavier coil on and have to readjust my damper (which is maxed on LSC damping and still feels good there, maybe suggesting a too low spring rate?)
I asked reddit a few months ago but they’re kinda useless ya know

Anonymous No. 149422

>>149419
I know Push makes good shit, but I think they're partly praised so much because people go from a stock shock that's not setup properly, to a Push that comes setup almost perfectly from the shop. I've seen a lot of people dump a stock shock setup for being shit, then go straight to the Push without even trying to make the stock setup work or trying out a different spring. I've seen it happen a lot in the EVIL owners group on facebook. The Wreckoning and Insurgent both come with a 350lb spring and most of us are way too heavy for that.
I'm still down for getting a Push, but that's as a final solution to my enduro bike's shock. I'm still learning how to dial this in and I'm at a point where I have it setup much better for pedalling since I have to earn my descents, but it feels a little harsh on descents. I'm still playing around with the LSC, rebound, and preload.
I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with the DVO Topaz T3 I put on my trail bike. I'm considering a DVO coil shock if they're as good as their air shocks.

Image not available

320x320

1675526140634544.gif

Anonymous No. 149427

>>149418
>because that comes tuned for your weight and bike from the factory
Most shocks do, anon. That's simply another marketing meme to sell overpriced shocks. Rockshox and Fox (and the other manufacturers as well most likely) offer quite a few tunes from the factory, and one will be right for your frame and weight. I haven't bought a standalone shock in a while, but I think most rockshox shocks still come with a sticker with L, M, or H for both rebound and compression. If the one you have doesn't match up with your frame's linkage, you might need to re-tune it.
>>149420
>Muh lower stiction
It's not 2005 anymore, anon. There really isn't a perceivable difference between the two types as far as friction goes anymore. It's infinitely more important that the shock works with the linkage.
>>149421
>Maxed out LSC
Is the tune right for your frame? If it is, how much HSC do you use? LSC is bypassed when you hit a big enough bump and the force required for this is controlled by the HSC. It's possible you're running too little HSC, so the low speed circuit is doing basically nothing. Its also possible you have too soft of a spring for your frame's leverage ratio and are compensating by cranking up the LSC. This would feel hella jank to most people though.

Image not available

687x916

20230531_192547.jpg

Anonymous No. 149428

>>149422
Speaking of piggy shocks I took my tallboy out for a ride with the float x and it feels a lot more bottomless than the float DPS - despite being only 45mm stroke.
It's a lot easier to adjust than most fox shocks with numbers on the dials.
I got it for a steal at ÂŁ250 from Orange Bikes as they were selling off their excess oem stock.

Image not available

783x391

0356BC8A-64B6-4F2....jpg

Anonymous No. 149429

>>149427
Not at all, you can feel and see how much more active the coil is, it’s night and day in chatter and like I said “free traction” the day I installed it and I’ll say the same today, the damper gets to work more effectively when it’s allowed to make micro-movements during the larger oscillations, both rebound and compression are greatly boosted with the lower friction. Sorry to hear about your airspring friction issues that STILL have not been solved despite years of arguing over tolerances and coatings and a race to the lowest pressure, kashima has admittedly failed, the flexing of a steel rod is measurably less friction than an aluminum air piston with a big oring at 100psi only holding on by sram butter, but yeah I agree that your shock playing nice with your frame is also important, if that’s not right then no amount of adjustments will get you all of the travel with all of the usefulness

Anonymous No. 149430

>>149427
I don’t have HSC adjust on the bomber CR and I don’t think I’m hitting HSC, the threshold of what I’m considering “low speed” is still definitely being exclusively affected by the correct dial, I keep looking for more support and I’m definitely getting it at 0-1 clicks from max, but I just feel that maybe that could indicate something wrong. The main thing is I feel like I may be bottoming out all the time and just not feeling it, but don’t have a convenient way to check/reset (the bumper, which could be used, is reeeally hard to grab with pointy damaging tools)

Anonymous No. 149468

>>149418
I plan to do a lot of gravity riding, so having to not service an air shock constantly as well as not being a complete skelly, coil is probably better for me

Image not available

689x960

1685164087658916.jpg

Anonymous No. 149488

>>149429
>how much more active the coil is
Stopped reading right there lmao
>>149430
I'm assuming you have the right sag? If so, you'll likely need a nonlinear spring, a higher compression tune, or both. If your sag isn't right, you could try a stiffer coil. You could probably shoot fox or a suspension company an email for more in depth troubleshooting
>but don’t have a convenient way to check/reset
Just tie a thread around the shaft

Anonymous No. 149500

>>149488
Maybe next year they’ll really get their air springs right, I’d hate to be preferring air right now with all the fox float X2 failures and rockshox in general still not sure which of the 3 airspring designs in the past 5 years to market as the “the better one” this time. Yes lower friction is absolutely the main point here, and shock activeness is the correct term to describe it, I that’s why even cheap coils feel so much better than high end air once you’re at speed

Image not available

1052x792

Screenshot_202306....jpg

Anonymous No. 149504

I'm in luv but..
Just put a coil shock, throw the c*des and the m*xxis tires to the trashcan and put some saints and wild enduros

Anonymous No. 149511

>>149504
How the fug do you get that water bottle in and out? Does that only work with fidlock?

Image not available

640x640

1625656504614.jpg

Anonymous No. 149519

>>149504
>s*ints
>not dominion a4s

Anonymous No. 149523

>>149511
it looks like a normal cage so he has to somehow get it out. The whole YT line up is kinda meh when I compared it to some bikes I have access to a marin alpine trail xr is a much better bike.
But that bike is not bad and it deserves some wild enduros >>149504 agree with anon on this

Anonymous No. 149525

>>149511
The waterbottle is just to add weight like DH guys do. They needed to find a way to hide lead pellets.

Image not available

2300x1400

file.png

Anonymous No. 149526

>>149525
it's left hand only lel
yt bikes just seem kinda boring honestly

Image not available

1709x1286

barelyfitswithsid....jpg

Anonymous No. 149528

>>149523
On a second look, that does look like enough clearance to get bottles in and out without using fidlock. On my MTBs, I use sideloading cages because I can't squeeze them in otherwise.

Image not available

287x309

1674645439975076.jpg

Anonymous No. 149530

>Chink cassette and chainring finally installed properly
Ok, the outer mounts on the spider definitely do not work for 1x with the chainring so far outboard, so I had to grind down the mounts on the chainring. It actually feels quite crisp now that the rumble/creak from the worn chainring is gone. I was going to ride one of my other bikes this weekend, but I might take my hardtail just to test the new drivetrain setup. I'm cautiously optimistic that this could be great lightweight setup, especially for the price.

Image not available

680x652

1677271564171699.jpg

Anonymous No. 149531

>>149530
Why don't you remove 3 rotor bolts from each wheel to lose weight like pros do? Everygramcounts

Image not available

720x659

1560021331492.jpg

Anonymous No. 149532

>>149530
you could have just spent a few more bux on a decent crankset to save the bullshit headache
how very /n/ of you

Image not available

640x360

china.webm

Anonymous No. 149535

>>149532
I've noticed that a lot of these guys are always trying to find the chinesium product that is as good as the name brand parts. They exist, but they're rare and require a lot of trial and error. Winspace frames and wheels are the only chinkshit I would try since they actually care and they've been tested to be just as good non-chinese stuff.
Seth tested a chinese wireless derailleur on Berm Peak Express and that one seemed to work really well. It just had a hard setup because the instructions are not translated properly

Image not available

1080x799

1613762331390.jpg

Anonymous No. 149536

>>149531
>Implying I don't already do that
Maybe I should go full drillium as well
>>149532
>Should have gotten another crankset that will have the same standardized mounts
The crankset was not the problem, anon
>>149535
Based winspace shill. Don't go spending all you social credit in one spot, now! I've had good luck with chink carbon bottle cages as well

Image not available

1576x678

chinastrong.webm

Anonymous No. 149540

>>149536
I wouldn't ever trust unbranded chink shit on something I have to trust to handle my weight or power but I could deal with a carbon bottle cage. At least if I snap a bottle cage, I can just stick a bottle into one of my pockets. No way am I getting YANGDONG CARBON FIBER HANDLEBAR. BESTING HANDLEBAR 100/100. USE ON
ROAD BIKE
MOUNTAIN BIKE
GRAVEL BIKE
COMMUTER BIKE
RICKSHAW
EBIKE
TRICYCLE
AND MANY MORE USES 26MM CLAMP
ONLY $23

Image not available

400x400

rip.webm

Anonymous No. 149561

>>149535
It's worth buying the real deal, sr*m make steel chainrings that are cheap as fuck and shimano mtb chainrings are steel and last forever.
I've found chinkshit chainrings to crack/wear prematurely so the only person he's jewing is himself kek

Anonymous No. 149573

>>149561
kek most of stuff i plan on installing on my bike is CNC aluminium shit and some raw aluminium handlebars. My colleague swears by chink shit but I cant image running chink rotors instead of my galfers or anything apart from a saddle or wattle bottle cage.

Anonymous No. 149581

what made jumping click for you guys? I can't seem to get it down

Anonymous No. 149583

Going for a ride tomorrow :)

Anonymous No. 149584

>>149535
she's kinda cute, i have no idea why she would whore herself out like that :(

Image not available

1200x1200

Jennifer-Knapp-Wi....jpg

Anonymous No. 149642

>>149581
follow other riders and eventually you'll learn the speed and whether a jump is doable

Anonymous No. 149651

>>149581
Sessioning the same blue jump line for 8 hours

Image not available

1080x1041

W.jpg

Anonymous No. 149663

>got a full time wagie job and start on the 12th
Guess I'll get new parts and perhaps go for the megavalanche. There's no point in putting it in a 20x leveraged index just so the money magically disappears(it got sent to the Mount Temple Central Bank), again, in a margin call due to some jew from an american bank saying some randomly made up number regarding rates in CNBC live
>>149581
>jumps
We don't do that around here. We are loyal to the roots, rocks, ruts, mud slop and coil shocks

Image not available

680x453

A164FAEF-5623-4B8....jpg

Anonymous No. 149666

>>149663
Air is literally the smoothest surface possible, jumpers are practically sky roadies

Image not available

858x1072

10F033A9-23B6-4DA....jpg

Anonymous No. 149667

>>149663
I started flipping burgers 5 years ago after dropping out of college (while learning real, more valuable life skills) and now I have $12,000 of bicycles and live with my mom and can ride almost every day and pity my coworkers always being broke with all their responsibilities n shit

Anonymous No. 149668

>>149666
>Air is literally the smoothest surface possible

t. satan

Anonymous No. 149675

>>149666
Kek, digits don't lie. Jumping fags btfo by satan

Anonymous No. 149679

>>149667
I don't think about dropping out as I'm not in a meme degree but I'd like to learn something manual for the sake of it. I'll look if there's something

Anonymous No. 149683

>>149651
What this guy said. Been riding like ten years and only really got comfortable jumping properly last summer. What changed is a very small park opened near my house. The longest trail is maybe 800m and the climb back to the top takes less than a minute. And I just sessioned the same track over and over, hitting the same tabletops till I could clear them comfortably then starting to do bigger and bigger ones. Starting out on gaps it helps to follow someone else in so you can get the speed right

Image not available

439x1280

asianppl.jpg

Anonymous No. 149687

>>149584
Money. She probably couldn't find a lanky white guy with an asian fetish in her town.

>>149561
I prefer to get 3rd party name brand products to flex on dudes riding stock bikes with SRAM and Shimano parts /s. Love me my Garbaruk, Cane Creek, Wolftooth, PNW Components, OneUp, and Raceface parts. My e13 carbon crank and chainring have been alright but I'm not getting their wheels, droppers, or tires. I'm a little tempted to try out the TRP 12 speed derailleur but I can't see a reason to get it over sram or shimano

Image not available

828x653

E3BB6A33-13B2-434....jpg

Anonymous No. 149707

>>149679
No you’re not getting it you’re not “learning a trade” you’re doing basic labor in exchange for adequate money so that you can clock off of your job and spend it however you please. Life isn’t supposed to happen at work

Image not available

755x944

goat01.jpg

Anonymous No. 149713

>>149667
You could have graduated from college with an applied math degree like me and have ~$37k in bikes(~$50k if you want to count the motorcycle) and live with your mom AND dad

Anonymous No. 149717

>>149713
You should try growing up and being an adult.

Anonymous No. 149719

>>149717
Sorry bro, condoms are cool now

Anonymous No. 149721

>>149719
How would a virgin, like yourself, know?

Anonymous No. 149722

>>149581
All the different tutorials give you different information and advice and it's all useful, but generally there'll be one specific thing that will make it click for you. I recommend the Loam Ranger how to jump video, it helped me
I found that making a deliberate effort to compress my suspension just before I start actually going up the jump was the key for me.
Start small but don't be afraid to step it up to a bigger jump. If you find you're not ready yet, then just go back to the small ones and try again next session

Image not available

540x473

rentoids.jpg

Anonymous No. 149727

>>149717
Seethe and keep MEAL PREPPING BRO. I'm going for a ride tomorrow while my parents clean the house and watch my dog

Anonymous No. 149728

Final interview for a job tomorrow. has a pretty good pay bump meaning I could invest in another bike, thinking about getting a full sus next since I currently have a hardtail. anyone ever tried a boutique bike that isn't the evil brand? evil bike anon need not reply.

Image not available

640x479

64BD1EB7-2341-41A....jpg

Anonymous No. 149730

>>149728
It’s not boutique, but it’s so good that it’s preventing me from buying a boutique full suspension to replace it

Anonymous No. 149731

>>149730
ride it hard enough until you destroy the bike, anon. that is your destiny.

Image not available

1025x676

unnoburn.png

Anonymous No. 149732

>>149728
Yeah I have a Yeti and two EV-
> evil bike anon need not reply.
When it comes to MTBs I've ridden Santa Cruzes(do they even count with how big they are?), FORBIDDEN, and Revels. Expect efficient climbing, excellent descending, and excellent customer service. Sometimes you can expect witchcraft in the properties of the bike. Specialized isn't really special, but their bikes are good and you get lifetime warranties. Ibis and Pivot make incredible bikes, their suspension linkages are engineered by the same guy who engineered the one for EVIL but they have a different behavior. You really can't go wrong with any of the boutique brands unless you get something that doesn't have customer service based in your country, otherwise I would consider an Antidote. Frames for these high end brands will go for like $3k-$5k. Are you planning to go prebuilt or build it up yourself? I like to build it up myself so I have all the parts I want from the start and I don't have to deal with taking things off and selling them to lowballers.
If you're really serious, join the owners groups on facebook if you have an account and just lurk. This way you can see what common problems are, the fixes, and what customer service is like.You also get to see how they compare to competitors. I stick with EVIL because everyone has the most fun riding them and they always regret moving to other frames.

Good luck on your interview. I've been trying to get out of my job so I can go make more money so I can buy more bikes. I'm interviewing with a big hospital near me in my city so even if 100% remote doesn't work out, I don't care because it's a 20 minute bike ride.

Thoughts on the design of the UNNO Burn? I wonder how you route the dropper cable through. Seems like they had this great idea for how to mount the shock, and then they remembered they have to put a seatpost on it.

Image not available

750x414

EBB89F1D-6F8E-404....jpg

Anonymous No. 149733

>>149732
The seatpost is famously an under-utilized stress element of the bike since being big enough and durable enough for constant variable seatpost insertion means it’s essentially a severely overbuilt link in the bike, it make sense to drop the top tube to the fucking floor if you have the manufacturing capability to keep your seatpost shaft long and strong
V10 front triangle isn’t that far off honestly

Image not available

1099x1280

05F385EA-43CD-427....jpg

Anonymous No. 149735

>>149731
I very slightly bent my shock mounting bolt and had to replace it with a shiny one am I certified shredder

Image not available

750x1000

1679942846535023.gif

Anonymous No. 149738

>>149687
>I'm a little tempted to try out the TRP 12 speed derailleur
it might be waterproof unlike the shimano clutches, I bet getting spare is an absolute hassle however

Anonymous No. 149740

>>149738
Thank you Crom, and flexing with third party parts is generally inferior to flexing with stripped and polished mainstream parts

Anonymous No. 149742

>>149732
Thanks for the advice and reviews - good idea lurking on the facebook groups most MTB barely use r*ddit to talk about their hobbies, I'm guessing its an age thing.
>Are you planning to go prebuilt or build it up yourself?
Still on the fence for that one, since I don't have much parts and buying pre-built just saves the hassle, however, compared to self-built it would be much cheaper in the long run. Then again I'm a skeptic regarding how quality parts will improve my riding beyond being limited by own my skills.
>Good luck on your interview
thanks anon - i realized that my current job isn't teaching me much so i might as well start hopping. good luck on your interview as well.
I kinda like the unno burn as well, i think the top frame looks kinda cool. looks rather fragile tho.

Image not available

2048x1536

the pulley zone.jpg

Anonymous No. 149743

>>149728
Maybe try one with some high pivot meme shit, I see a lot of forbidden dreadnoughts around here but they might be sponsored riders... still think the idler nonsense is more hassle than it's worth though.
Reliability and local warranty support is a big thing for me so boutique isn't always the best option if you ride a lot. Santa cruz is good but a bit dull.

Anonymous No. 149745

>>149743
I rented a “high pivot” newer trek session at a bike park and was kinda underwhelmed, I could see the moments where it shined, and the expanding wheelbase was only noticeable in corners and never actually an issue, but the feel just wasn’t doing it for me
But that was also a trek (stupid renties were supposed to have a V10 like I paid for, otherwise I would’ve just preferred my Capra, which I brought)

Anonymous No. 149746

>>149743
>another purplefag
Where did you get all those bits?
So far I've done pedals and valves. Next is stem, seat post clamp and grip clamps

Image not available

773x607

1683344854479405.jpg

Anonymous No. 149747

>>149746
just some random boomer's bike on facebook, not into all the tacky matchy anodised crap
>>149745
it might make sense on a dh bike but the maintenance hassle on a bike that's pedalled a lot isn't worth it imo

Anonymous No. 149748

>>149747
The cranks and chainring look like shit. The pulleys are OK but they'll spend most of their life covered in crud so why bother. Those spokes however, those are interesting. They look almost enamel coated

Image not available

256x171

1673661509458767.gif

Anonymous No. 149777

>>149728
You should be warned that finding things like linkage parts for boutique bikes can be a huge pain in the ass. I'd go with a brand that's local to you, since it's pretty hard to go wrong these days and you could just drop by the headquarters if you ever have a problem. Most frames come from the same handful of factories anyways. I own a couple of RSD bikes now because their headquarters is pretty close to me, so parts are easy to get and they've been pretty great. If you're only going to have the one full suspension, a 140-160 mm travel frame is the way to go. I'd also see if there are any demo days happening near you, so you can actually try out some bikes for yourself

Anonymous No. 149778

>>146797
1. every man other than me who mountain bikes is an irredeemably obnoxious, know-it-all, overly-chad faggot
2. every woman who mountain bikes is a faggot except me
3. simple as
4. stay on your fuckin local trails, don't come to mine

Anonymous No. 149779

>>146834
FAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgg jesus fucking christ fag.

Anonymous No. 149781

>>149743
does drinking your fellow tech worker bro's come make you feel baptized in the waters of lake minetonka or WHAT?!

Image not available

1080x1242

He&#039;s_absolut....jpg

Anonymous No. 149783

>/n/ faggot is back

Anonymous No. 149787

>>149727
>imagine boasting about this

Anonymous No. 149788

>>149783
I dont understand how /n/iggers are so autistically interested in commuting

Anonymous No. 149789

>>149777
That likely depends on the manufacturer. It was harder during covid but a lot of shortages are gone. You can buy them from the website for a lot of manufacturers and others can send you them for free. Like for the bearings, my friend gets them for free, for life from Santa Cruz. I believe Revel sends them for free too if you wear through them. I don't recall if my friend was ever sent them but when he cracked his frame and it was his fault, they sent him a new frame for free

Anonymous No. 149791

>>149789
On the other friend my friend needed bearings for his yt and they said that they dont make them anymore and they were not the typical size. It depends brand from brand.

Anonymous No. 149795

>>149789
Sorry, I should clarify that what I mean by "pain in the ass" is that if the brand is based in another country, or even far away in the the same country, it will usually take weeks for you to get parts if it isn't something very basic like bearings. If something goes wrong with one of my frames, I can get it looked at the next day in person at the headquarters, and have the part(s) I need immediately.

Anonymous No. 149813

>>149795
True. Canyon has a strong base in the US despite being based in Germanyso you can get their parts here easily if they have them. Antidote and RAAW are smaller manufacturers in Europe without a strong base in the US so I had to cross off their frames since I have to assume I'll have to deal with customer service at some point. Too bad because Antidote makes some really beautiful bikes https://antidotebikes.com/product/woodsprite-trail-bike/
Well, I think everyone makes good looking bikes. I can't think of a single in-production frame I think looks ugly. Some of them don't look cool, but I don't think any are ugly

Image not available

1221x916

20230418_172242.jpg

Anonymous No. 149820

>>149783
absolutely btfo by 1 image kek

Image not available

3225x2419

20230604_190256.jpg

Anonymous No. 149828

>forget to check meteo
>get caught in storm
Luckily I found a shed and waited 1 hour for it to pass. Couldn't finish the ride before the storm as lumberjack negroes left all trees and branches on the forest leavinga large section of the trail unrideable and previous storms downed some trees blocking the trail

Image not available

1631x2194

20230604_184154.jpg

Anonymous No. 149846

>>149828
>Luckily I found a shed and waited 1 hour for it to pass
kek how muddy was it after the storm? getting a bit sick of how dry it is here(uk, wales) the dust is awful send some rain our way

Image not available

1079x1080

WhereIgrewup.jpg

Anonymous No. 149854

>>149846
At the top it would've been VERY muddy/slopfest but I was 2/3rds and that last part is mostly rocks. I expected the trail to be muddy but it was more like riding down a creek. The runoff water was crystal clear, I didn't even wash the bike afterwards. I would send some of these gay storms that have been happening at 6pm for the last 2 weeks but if there's no rain it starts to get really hot here. Despite coming from a tropical place I can't stand +28°C and humid places. DYFI should be in prime riding conditions now

Image not available

540x537

1620733020275.jpg

Anonymous No. 149916

Operation chink 10 speed was a resounding success. Took it for a spin at the most technically demanding xc trail center in the area with constant steep climbs and descents, and it worked perfectly fine. The shifting may have been slightly slower, but I'm not sure if that's just in my head because I know I'm using a cheap cassette. Now we'll have to see how it wears over the season.

Image not available

687x916

20230224_105244.jpg

Anonymous No. 149963

>>149854
dyfi will be like riding in a desert right now especially on the landrovers on the uplift as they have no windows ffs
a day of rain or 2 and it would be great

Anonymous No. 149979

>>149740
Honestly boutique parts/boutique bikes flexing isn't even flexing these days. Everyone has boutique bikes, even people who can't ride good. Since covid you can't judge people by their bikes anymore. I met a dude in a chairlift park who had a pivot firebird with an EXT shock on it, asked him what he thought of it and he didn't even know what it was, just said the bike had sold him it as an 'upgrade' when he bought it. Couldn't set it up, Couldn't ride for shit.

>>149778

Most women are shit riders too. They talk the talk, have all the gear but then you follow them down a trail and by the third corner normally I'm calling out to pass them because they just aren't great riders.

Anonymous No. 150032

>>149979
I rarely encounter women on trails. The ones I've encountered are either really strong old women who have been riding for dozens of years, or young women who suck because they only ride at the monthly women's group ride. I mostly encounter women roadies and they're usually strong as fuck climbers and fearless descenders. They'd be strong mountain bikers too if they got into it but flying down a twisty road at 50mph and railing hairpin turns at high speed is a whole different experience from dodging trees, rolling through chunk, and hitting berms on trails narrower than sidewalks at significantly slower speeds.

Anonymous No. 150038

>>150032
>down a twisty road at 50mph and railing hairpin turns at high speed is a whole different experience
And dodging cars. But I wouldn't like https://makeagif.com/amp/u-8TLK this happening after sliding in the pavement.

Anonymous No. 150046

>>150038
Really depends on the road but cars can be a problem if you're going too fast. There are a lot of retarded cagers who follow cyclists on the straights, then try to pass on blind corners and almost get into a head on collision with another car; I've seen this multiple times. It's almost like it's our responsibility to shepherd these dumbasses through the road to keep them alive but it's illegal to try to guide cars since that's a police responsibility or something like that.
I've had more close calls with hikers and other mountain bikers than I've had with cars on the road, and I ride road and gravel a lot more than mtb.
> mfw mtb trails sometimes have cars on them because of some smoothbrain who flew off the road or wanted to try offroading in narrow singletrack and got stuck
I'd share the picture but we reached the image limit

Anonymous No. 150053

>>150046
People trying to make the next off-road vehicle recovery channel doesn’t count

Anonymous No. 150056

>>150053
Nah, it's cars like a BMW 3 series and one of those new land rovers meant for mall crawling. Any time this happens, riders just use the car for jumps because fuck that guy

Anonymous No. 150119

>>150046
Lycrafags should get the fuck out the way

Anonymous No. 150120

>>150032
>or young women who suck because they only ride at the monthly women's group ride
This is the problem here. I guess they see it only as a social thing and don't want to ride by themself?
I was talking to a girl at a group ride and she seemed surprised that I would actually go out and ride by myself somethings.

Anonymous No. 150122

>>150120
Yeah definitely. It's like it's not even their only thing they think about 24/7. Quite weird really.

If I'm not thinking about fucking, I'm thinking about bikes. I'd imagine most male MTBers are the same.

Anonymous No. 150123

>>150120
I'm not even sure it's a "I might get raped out in the woods" concern. Women just like to do things in groups

>>150122
Not only can I not feel lust when I'm riding, I can't even get hard. All the blood leaves my genitals and goes to spinning the crank. Every time I go take a shower after finishing a ride, my cock and balls are completely shriveled up, I don't even try to bust a nut in the shower after riding anymore because of how much my dick and nuts atrophy. All that's left are shriveled lumps of foreskin and scrotum

Anonymous No. 150136

>>150123
Oh I know, if I go out for a ride in the rain it pulls right up inside me and I look like a tall, ginger, hairy lady. I should actually take some nudes for the next trannyfag thread - just to show them how it's done.

Anonymous No. 150137

>>150120
I think it's more of a safety thing so if they get injured, they have somebody to help them out. At least that's what the girls I've ridden with on a regular basis have said. I think the only rides they will ever do alone are road rides.
>>150123
>I don't even try to bust a nut in the shower after riding anymore because of how much my dick and nuts atrophy
You should probably get that checked out
>>150136
>just to show them how it's done.
Good thing you clarified that for us. For a second I thought we had a tranny among us

Anonymous No. 150148

>>150137
>I think it's more of a safety thing so if they get injured
boohoo I broke my ankle on a solo ride and then rode myself home for a bike lock and straight to the hospital.

Anonymous No. 150156

>>150137
No, my brothers a tranny. Cunts fucked.

Anonymous No. 150166

>>150137
>think it's more of a safety thing so if they get injured, they have somebody to help them out. At least that's what the girls I've ridden with on a regular basis have said
Nah, they are lying to themselves and others. Its a social thing for them. Why do you think that when they go to the toilet they take a couple of friends and all enter the stall while one shits/pees. I've only seen a woman alone once which was last week, she was riding with her dog testing her new DH bike in the trails and rode together.

Anonymous No. 150175

>>150166
>she was riding with her dog
You just know

Anonymous No. 150180

New thread
>>150179

🗑️ Anonymous No. 152590

4chan mod is a fucking nigger faggot
Join our discord:
https://discord.gg/N37M9Ny
>>>/vg/434152563
Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #1283b
Speech Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game, AA2Mini: https://tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2MiniPPX.xml
AAUnlimited updates: https://github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases

>Information:
AA2Mini Install Guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vS8Ap6CrmSNXRsKG9jsIMqHYuHM3Cfs5qE5nX6iIgfzLlcWnmiwzmOrp27ytEMX03lFNRR7U5UXJalA/pub
General FAQ:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200216045726/https://pastebin.com/bhrA6iGx
AAU Guide and Resources (Modules, Tans, Props, Poses, and More):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0

>Character Cards [Database], now with a list of every NonOC in the megas:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690
https://db.bepis.moe/aa2/

>Mods & More:
Mods for AAU/AA2Mini (ppx format, the mediafire has everything):
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vwrmdohus4vhh/Mods
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129
Booru: https://aau.booru.org

>HELP! I have a Nvidia card and my game crashes on startup!
Try the dgVoodoo option in the new win10fix settings.
Alternative: Update your AAU and see if it happens again. If so, disable win10fix, enable wined3d and software vertex processing.
>HELP! Required Windows 11 update broke things!
winkey+R -> ms-settings:developers -> Terminal=Windows Console Host

Previous Thread:
>>434085771
https://discord.gg/N37M9Ny