Image not available

1920x1280

magura-in-bar-bra....jpg

🧵 /MTB/ Mountain Bike General

Anonymous No. 150179

"I never asked for this" edition

FAQ on buying a bike that nobody reads anyway:
> What good bike can I get for under $500?
a stolen bike. Possibly a newer used entry level hardtail but don't expect it to survive rock gardens, jumps, or drops. Or an older mtb which won't be as good as newer ones and will still have a front derailleur, but it'll be good enough.
> What good bike can I get for under $1000
Good used hardtail, new entry level hardtail
> What good bike can I get for under $2000?
New Hardtail, decent used full suspension
> What good bike can I get for under $3000?
Used full suspension, decent entry level full suspension but prepared to put more money into it.
> What are the excellent value brands?
Marin, Commencal, Canyon, Polygon, YT, Propain, Kona, and many more. Sometimes the expensive brands have an excellent value bike
> What are the differences between an XC, Trail, Enduro, and Downhill bikes?
XC bikes are for going up fast, go down not as fast. Trail bikes are for going up and down. Enduro bikes are for going down fast, and slower up. Downhill bikes are for going down really fast, needs a ski lift, truck, or the rider pushing it to go up.

Link to previous thread:
>>146797

Anonymous No. 150184

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JT2aBv7stg
Which one of you begged for ABS? I just hope it keeps casual riders from crashing into me or going OTB through my car's window at intersections because they weren't paying attention

Image not available

728x604

pro pain.jpg

Anonymous No. 150185

reminder to never give acros any money

Image not available

1164x1061

canyonprecede.png

Anonymous No. 150187

>>150185
> checking out Canyon's world bike sale
Pretty great deals on their bikes, anyway, back to the greentext
> check out their e-commuters
> EVEN THE FUCKING CHEAP ASS BASE MODEL HAS HEADSET ROUTING
Why? These bikes need to be very easy to service because getting to work depends on it. Not only that, WHO THE FUCK NEEDS A CLEAN COCKPIT FOR A COMMUTER. WHY HAVE THOSE HANDLEBARS? PEOPLE NEED TO MOUNT LIGHTS AND BELLS ON THEM.

Image not available

691x562

Screenshot 2023-0....png

Anonymous No. 150189

As a bike mechanic i am going to say thing will only get worse. Actual users of those bikes don´t care. Their mindset is
>bike mechanic will do it
>it´s stupid easy
>I just don´t have tools for that
>it can be one in few hours

This people are the worst they know nothing about bikes have shit taste only use money on shit that doesn´t work but "looks" good. I am thinking of quitting. I am a college student i don´t care. But the declining frame quality and stupid "innovations" are rapidly making mental state of all mechanics worse. The only ones that enjoy these it seems are roadies mechanics but thers not a lot of them. It´s just sad and I hope some brands don´t go this route or i´ll just teach myself to weld steel and fuck the industry.

pic is hot the headset routing looks like generally on bikes the thing that changes are usually some spacers

Anonymous No. 150191

>>150189
I wonder how big the market of "I know nothing about bikes and I am a casual rider, I am ready to spend $15k on an S-Works Turbo Levo to ride bike paths for half an hour every week" is because these decisions seem to be catering to those types of riders.
Yeti jumped on the pressfit BB bandwagon and then recently went back to threaded because of customer demand. I hope headset routing doesn't stick around. Maybe they'll try it for a generation, then go back and claim their new frames have been specifically engineered to be easier to work on. They're heroes for listening to customers and bike mechanics.

Image not available

700x526

azalxZo0_700w_0.jpg

Anonymous No. 150192

>>150189
kek acros & co driving all bicycle mechanics to depression and suicide
just get out, it's not paid well enough

Anonymous No. 150193

>>150191
I live in europoor country where people consider a 5k bike an expensive bike and the most sold one in our shop is a cube eeb with fox front and back for about 4,5k. In my opinon as comuters a 500e hard tail is enough but people need all the bells and whistles. And also those 500e bikes have integrated routing.

Anonymous No. 150194

>>150192
i get paid 4e per hour and i have to time my time on a bike i just go to the job so i have cheap parts

Anonymous No. 150195

>>150192
The greatest insult is that they're using acros headsets. If they were Cane Creek or Chris WE WUZ King headsets, I would believe them when they said they were using high quality bearings. I know the budget brands like Propain, Canyon, and Commencal are skimping out on headsets. I'm still in the Canyon Spectral owners group on facebook and replacing the headset is one of the first things new buyers do, in fact, one of the most common questions people have is which headset they should get because the bearings went to shit in 3 months of riding.

Image not available

1124x1351

1618266606116.jpg

Anonymous No. 150196

>>150187
But now it looks like the more expensive bikes! Now I can be like the pros when I punt my way around town
>>150189
CLEAN UP ON AISLE 5! GET TO IT WAGIE!
>>150194
>i get paid 4e per hour
Jesus, anon. In all seriousness that is not even close to enough pay to deal with the bike engineers dabbing on you. Maybe keep it as a one day a week job just to keep the shop discount, but you seriously need to find something that pays better

Image not available

293x272

1684483470088134.jpg

Anonymous No. 150197

>>150194
they charge ÂŁ30-40+ an hour here at decent shops, hilariously expensive

Image not available

4000x3000

20230604_140928.jpg

Anonymous No. 150199

>>150195
frames that use icr headsets are basically locked into shit tier ones like token or acros as they have no decent alternative like chris kang

Anonymous No. 150217

>>150196
>>150194
Yeah it's a seasonal job I'll probably get fired when there's not a lot to do or I'll just leave to ride more. Only good thing about the job is those discounts and they work with one startup that interests me a bit.

Anonymous No. 150229

>>150195
Literally the same story in the Focus Jam2/Sam2 owners group. Every second post is "what headset can I retrofit??"

Anonymous No. 150234

>>150187
>> checking out Canyon's world bike sale
>Pretty great deals on their bikes, anyway, back to the greentext
I rode with a guy on the strive recently. His bike creaked alot, coming from the pivot points. He tried to fix it but couldn't.

Anonymous No. 150235

>end of race
>organizers offer beer but not liquor
I was upset and took the lemonade
'ate piss tasting water, simple ass

Anonymous No. 150237

>>150191
Pressfit’s advantages are not utilized in Yeti’s massive hunk of a bottom bracket area; but in some bikes, an outboard threaded BB is simply not possible to fit with the linkage design. Some bikes cannot be made with outboard threaded BB, this is why pressfit was pushed as a “superior” method
Personally I don’t give a shit because the BB is the single most durable moving element on a bicycle and I own the $20 threaded tool, the other $20 threaded tool, the third $20 threaded tool, and a complete $60 pressfit tool kit, and I’m not making my $5000 purchase decision based on how one $30 part arbitrarily attaches to another part

Oh yeah I almost forgot, due to lack of degradable threads, and allowing more frame linkage design flexibility, my vote goes to pressfit. Go buy the $60 kit, it’s the future (or at least, it’s the future for intricate full suspension bikes)

Anonymous No. 150239

>>150237
SCOR says a similar thing about why they're sticking with pressfit despite the hate it gets.
Anyway, I did just buy a pressfit Yeti but it doesn't have a linkage at all. I would have preferred it was threaded just so I don't have to get another tool, but I wasn't going to let that keep me from buying the unicorn hardtail

Image not available

1066x2152

Sepukutime.jpg

Anonymous No. 150240

>andreaneln: normalize taking friends on dates
He won't win lenzerheide now, he's heartbroken

🗑️ Attotk No. 150245

>>>/vg/432702091
Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #1282
Sad Jack Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game, AA2Mini: https://tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2MiniPPX.xml
AAUnlimited updates: https://github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Anon's Modded Pre-Install: https://pastebin.com/42JS3q6E

>Information:
AA2Mini Install Guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vS8Ap6CrmSNXRsKG9jsIMqHYuHM3Cfs5qE5nX6iIgfzLlcWnmiwzmOrp27ytEMX03lFNRR7U5UXJalA/pub
General FAQ:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200216045726/https://pastebin.com/bhrA6iGx
AAU Guide and Resources (Modules, Tans, Props, Poses, and More):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0

>Character Cards [Database], now with a list of every NonOC in the megas:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690
https://db.bepis.moe/aa2/

>Mods & More:
Mods for AAU/AA2Mini (ppx format, the mediafire has everything):
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vwrmdohus4vhh/Mods
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129
Booru: https://aau.booru.org

>HELP! I have a Nvidia card and my game crashes on startup!
Try the dgVoodoo option in the new win10fix settings.
Alternative: Update your AAU and see if it happens again. If so, disable win10fix, enable wined3d and software vertex processing.
>HELP! Required Windows 11 update broke things!
winkey+R -> ms-settings:developers -> Terminal=Windows Console Host

Previous Thread:
>>>/vg/432320786

Anonymous No. 150248

>>150189
As a customer of my regular LBS(s), you guys should be honest with people about your dislike of working on "innovative" features. The non-retarded riders will thank you
>>150194
Dude might as well undercut them and do it from home if you're going to get paid pennies. You might not get cheap parts but you'd be making more

Image not available

185x273

just.jpg

Anonymous No. 150251

>>150240
>that reply
Holy fuck. There's no way that's not going to affect his race. I wonder if something went awry during the date, or if he didn't make it clear that it was supposed to be an actual date in the first place.

Anonymous No. 150254

To be fair if he was thinking it was a real date, posting the pictures on instagram is a bit weird

Anonymous No. 150256

>>150235
Why would they offer liquor are you fucking homeless or something?

Image not available

1140x760

168543401074890475.jpg

Anonymous No. 150258

After all the talk of boutique bikes in the last thread, what does /MTB/ think of the Merida 160? It sounds like a really cool bike. Reviews pretty well too. I'm thinking of getting the 6000 build for my next pedal bike.

Pros:
Factory mullet in smaller-mid sizes, can mullet larger sizes yourself
Lightweight for a big travel bike
Comes on good tyres
Huge dropper post.

Cons:
Carbon models only come with axs/rockshox build - nothing wrong with that but it would be nice to have the option of fox/shimano
Shitty arcros internal headset
Top spec is expensive, puts it in same price range as pivot firebird pro.

Anonymous No. 150259

>>150256
No but come one. If you are gonna offer alcohol you gotta put up something that'll get you relaxed and light, especially after a race. Beer will make you feel incredibly bloated and heavy.

Anonymous No. 150262

>>150195

I've never understood the bikeshop employee obsession with headsets. Who gives a shit? You don't turn by twisting the headset under load, it never does any work. It doesn't matter, they never wear out and even if they did it would be trivial to replace.

Image not available

220x220

20230607_032227.gif

Anonymous No. 150264

>>150251
Probably they had been seeing each other for a while and he, inevitably, caught feelings for her and thought it was mutual. The peak was that night and got smacked into the friendzone
>he thought it was real and got hurt
Either he wins at Lenzerheide in some anime shit with several seconds ahead from second place or he stays behind. No in between

Image not available

767x768

friendzoned.png

Anonymous No. 150276

>>150254
Don't you remember all of those early 2010s "friendzoned" images of FB and insta posts exactly like this?
>>150258
Seem nice, but I'm not sure it would get the attention one might expect from a boutique bike if that's what you're looking for. The metal flake paint probably looks much better irl, though. You have any opportunities to try one out before dropping $6k on it?
>>150264
>Either he wins at Lenzerheide in some anime shit with several seconds ahead from second place
Shiet, that would be a pretty epic outcome unironically

Anonymous No. 150282

>>150276
Nah I don't want boutique bikes anymore, Merida is basically the opposite of boutique they are like a cut price trek. I'm only looking at them because my friend has an E160 and it has given him no trouble. I think it's quite a good bike.

I just think the spec looks really good, I havent ridden one. Do many people actually pre ride bikes before they buy them? Like a good, 20+km ride in a bike park?

Anonymous No. 150283

>>150282
A lot of shops will let you rent the bike at an absurd cost (surely within business hours only) and then subtract that cost if you purchase it

Anonymous No. 150288

>>150282
>Do many people actually pre ride bikes before they buy them? Like a good, 20+km ride in a bike park?
I don't think many do, but there isn't a good reason not to, unless you need the bike RIGHT NOW. I like to make it to local events where there are demos and just try bikes for fun. The important thing to look for is that it fits well, and doesn't feel super jank on the type of trails you like riding. You'll also get a better idea of how individual components like brakes and shifters from different brands feel as well. If there's a company with a hq nearby, you could also contact them to see if they would let you demo a bike.

Anonymous No. 150294

>>150262
Because for a lot of riders, the acros headsets begin to get grindy and start to feel like shit 2-6 months in and instead of making it a trivial replacement like you said, you now have to disconnect all your cables to replace it, then bleed the brakes and reconnect and readjust the derailleur cable and dropper cable. If you have a wireless shifter and dropper, you still have to bleed your brakes. So what would be a really quick and easy job now becomes multiple jobs.

>>150258
I've heard good things about them. Are you a European? If so, I suggest you check out the RAAW Madonna. It has all these really neat QoL features, is a good performer, and you can spec it from them with Ohlins shocks or no shock in case you don't want a basic Fox or Rockshox shock and want to skip taking it off and selling it. I really wanted to get one but they're a small european bike brand and I'm an american, I just didn't want to deal customer service from the other hemisphere in case something happens. They're not some boutique brand like EVIL, Pivot, or Revel, and they're priced well below them, and they're uncommon so you're still riding around on a cool unicorn bike. You get a special bike without paying a special bike price.
Whytes are cool too. If I saw someone riding around on a RAAW Madonna or a Whyte, I'd stop them to talk to them...and I have, I made a friend that way on the trail. You can still find special bikes at really great prices

Image not available

500x383

1672605347003555.jpg

Anonymous No. 150295

>>150240
>andreaneln: normalize taking friends on dates
absolute zozzle

Image not available

765x803

1685589387458639.png

Anonymous No. 150297

>>150258
that headset will ruin your day in future, do not proceed
>have a crash, lower knock block headset cup spins now you need to refit the cup because the steering is fucked in one direction
>no water resistance
>very limited bearing options
>fucking cables go through the top bearing
run away from any frame with this headset, it's just not worth the future problems

Anonymous No. 150301

>>150297
This is really common thing and usually people that come in with this want the knock block removed.

Image not available

983x878

20230607_143359.jpg

Anonymous No. 150345

>8am EU time
>wake up with someone else and dry clothes together on a small italian seaside house
>post it on instagram
Its over for Melamed, he got btfo by remi gauvin on the race for her heart and poontang. Richie Rude is gonna win this weekend.

Anonymous No. 150351

>>150259
No legit race passes out liquor after events. Bring your own you fucking alcoholic.

Image not available

2040x1536

PXL_20230603_2003....jpg

Anonymous No. 150365

>>150351
> everyone wants to drink a beer or IPA in the middle or after a ride
> nobody wants to get trashed off gin and tequila

I don't recommend it though. I ate and drank so much that I could barely drink water on the rest of the 33 miles because my stomach was so full. Felt like I was going to hurl when I had to put down power

Image not available

1023x1022

1677215529681522.png

Anonymous No. 150380

Thread question:
What is your pedal and shoe setup, and where do you run the cleats on your shoes/where do you place your foot on flat pedals?

For me, it's time speciale 8s, ride concepts transitions, and the cleats are slammed as far back as possible. My flat setup is deity decoys, nike p-rod 7 highs, and the arch of my foot goes over the axle.

Image not available

828x763

pissshortage.jpg

Anonymous No. 150381

>>150380
I use Shimano XT clipless pedals on my gravel bike and I'll use them on my hardtail when I finish it. I wear Fizik Vento Ferox Carbon shoes(didn't want to spend that much on shoes but they fit a whole lot better than the Terra Atlas) in the warmer seasons, and Fizik Terra Artica GTX shoes in the winter. For both shoes, I have the cleats as close to the heel and inside as much as possible.
For platform pedals, I have FiveTen Trailcross low tops and I use them with OneUp Alloys, Tenet Occult, and Crankbros Stamp pedals. The tenet pedals are good, but the OneUps are definitely the best. I try to have my arch behind the axle.

I also just checked Fizik's website to see the exact names of the shoes I have and they're doing a 50% promotion on some of their shoes. They're mostly road shoes but there are mtb shoes available and one set of platforms. The sale applies to bibs and dropbars too but I think there are two other dropbar riders aside from me in this thread. I'm not sure their bibs are suitable to to be worn under mtb shorts, you really want something with more ventilation and easy to pull under your cock and balls for taking leaks.
Since I'm bringing up bibs now, I may as well give my recommendations for which bibs are easy to pull under your nuts for pissing
La Passione Adventure (these are meant to be worn as the only layer but who cares)
Louis Garneau MTB Inner Bib
POC MTB Air Layer

Image not available

1228x919

knolly.jpg

Anonymous No. 150385

The "new" bike finally came. There has to be some fine tuning made but it rides like a dream. Much better upgrade from my cannondale habit and it´s easier to work on. Maybe some suggestions for some upgrades. Definitely better tires probably some wild enduros.

Anonymous No. 150387

>>150365
Nobody is drinking beer mid ride.

You sound like you are 12.

Anonymous No. 150389

>>150380
I have 5-ten Freeriders, both a pair of OG 5-tens and a pair of addidas bluemotions or whatever they are called. My main trail bike has one-up alloy platforms which I'm really happy with, and my Enduro ane ebikes both have burgtec composite platforms. I was happy with the burgtecs but since riding a lot with the one-up platforms I think the burgtecs are shit.

The axle of my pedal is just slightly behind the balls of my foot. Maybe 5-10mm behind. If you are riding with the arch of your foot over the axle I think you might be doing it wrong.

Image not available

798x528

meirl10.png

Anonymous No. 150392

>>150387
I'm 11

Image not available

713x1024

foot pic.png

Anonymous No. 150407

>>150381
>>150389
>Freerides
I have a pair as well but I still find myself going back to the skate shoes. Not sure why, but they feel better to me. Speaking of sales, it looks like ride concepts has a pretty big one on their old stock as well
>If you are riding with the arch of your foot over the axle I think you might be doing it wrong.
I used to try to have the axle near the ball of my foot on flats, but whenever I go fast enough that I can't focus on keeping my feet in that position on the pedals, they naturally shift to the position in picrel as the bike gets jostled. So, I've just accepted that as how I place my feet. The front pins are basically right under the ball of my foot.
>>150385
>Maybe some suggestions for some upgrades.
I'd just ride it as it is and see if there's anything specific that you don't like.

Anonymous No. 150439

>>150385
Mud guards
a mount for your cycling computer
a bell
bashguard
onahole in a frame strap

Image not available

1080x1743

Screenshot_202306....jpg

Anonymous No. 150440

>>150380
crankbros mallet shoes with shimano saint pedals, honestly it's the comfort of riding flats but you have the clipless advantages too
>never ever using crankbros pedals after seeing them explode on my friends a few times

Image not available

348x321

1680804661317653.jpg

Anonymous No. 150441

>>150385
upgrades that will be perfect for you
>SR*M transmission xx sl groupset
>enve am30 carbon wheels
>ext coil shock
>fasst flexx enduro handlebar
hope this helps

Image not available

205x210

20230608_020247.jpg

Anonymous No. 150447

>>150380
>What is your pedal and shoe setup
Stamp2 size L and sam hill impacts. I'll buy the the 10mm pins soon as feel I slip in specific conditions.
>where do you place your foot on flat pedals?
Between center and ball of the foot.

Which reminds me, sam hill will run downhill this season and he'll ride on flats. He'll show cleat wearing negroes that flat pedals win medals
>>150385
Nice bike. Looks slack as fuck.
>wat change
I see sr*m brakes, to the trashcan they go. Put saints, Xts, A4s, trp dh evos, mt7 anything but sr*m.
Also the stem, looks too long.

Anonymous No. 150455

>>150345
Why are women like this?

Anonymous No. 150464

>>150380
Ride concept transition clip. Cleat as far back as possible with the angle set so my feet are more pointing away from the center of the bike with the widest q factor possible. The angle is just what is comfortable for me after doing 7 hour days. The q factor and cleat placed back help with cornering somewhat. With whatever shimanos old ass bmx pedal is that I find at the bike thrift shop near me. I'm going to buy either some Shimano saints, mallets or ht t2's when I get my fork back from cane creek and my first paycheck. hopefully I only need a new CSU and air spring. I've heard the bearings are not terrible on the ht t2's and I really like their clipless mechanism for it being the closest equivalent to a vice for your feet. Good shoe overall. I like the toe protection and overall protection. Has saved my foot from atleast a larger impact where I might be walking funny for a day atleast twice now.
Flat pedal addidas 510 freerider with fooker flat pedals that I originally bought as an upgrade for my Walmart bike 4 years ago, axel right in the middle of my arch.

Anonymous No. 150472

> driving back home from riding with mtb on bike rack
> hit surprise dip in the road at 65mph that bottoms out my suspension and gets my ass several inches out of the seat and gets my car airborne
> bike is still fine and doesn't even move in the rack
I really trust my 1up bike rack now and the 1.25" hitch. I was fully expecting my bike rack to fail from that impact but it's just fine. My bike didn't even move around in the rack either and I didn't lock it down hard. I watched my bike rack flop up a foot in the mirror and I felt my heart sink thinking the bike was going to fall out and get run over by the truck riding my ass.
I can finally stop clenching my butthole when I hit bumps now that I know the rack can take serious impacts
I have a friend with a friend who uses SeaSuckers and apparently this guy proves it's secure by bottoming out the suspension while on the roof of the car.

Anonymous No. 150483

>>150184
>ebike
ignored

Anonymous No. 150486

>>150380
I'm running flats with a pair of 510s. I really like them and have never lost a pedal riding but my legs are getting torn to shreds wheeling the bike or chucking it over fences.
How tricky is it to learn clipless bros? I feel like I would have a lot more crashes, are they easy to bail off or quickly get a foot down once you get the hang of it?

Anonymous No. 150498

>>150472
A mild steel weld with proper penetration and no undercut can hold thousands of pounds of direct pulling force and several hundred pounds of lateral shear force. Unless you bought the mega chinesium option, your bike is safe. You could put another 3 bikes on it and it would take a really big impact to break the rack off

Anonymous No. 150505

>>150498
I know it's rated for that force, but seeing it is a whole different story. It's like getting shot with a kevlar vest on. I no longer have to worry about 9mm pistol now that I've been shot

Anonymous No. 150528

>>150498
Except the tang is often aluminum

Image not available

1136x860

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 150562

>send the fuck out of my bike
>new creak next day
fuck

Image not available

1080x1337

1681490882983810.jpg

Anonymous No. 150564

>>150486
>How tricky is it to learn clipless bros?
Its extremely easy. Just take it easy the first few rides, and maybe hit up a spot you like sessioning, so you get to practice unclipping more often than just riding along.
>I feel like I would have a lot more crashes, are they easy to bail off or quickly get a foot down once you get the hang of it?
I've never really been one to crash much, but I'm pretty sure I've had a lower rate of crashing after starting to ride clipless. In any case, you should give it a serious try at least once, so you know for sure if you like em or not.
>>150562
Sorry fren, at least you got to send it

Image not available

680x512

1674432130267641.png

Anonymous No. 150573

>>150528
This is true, and I absolutely didn't look up the model of rack before I replied
Fuck it whatever

Anonymous No. 150574

>>150498
As somebody whose had a hitch mounted bike rack snap off and drop bikes on the road, it's not quite that simple. Things like the position of welds and heat affected zones crossing structural members and reaching corners can weaken box steel and lead to cracking and snapping.

Also the bouncing action of those bike racks can fling off even the best secured bikes.

I just use a tailgate pad now. I've had 2 bikes bounce/fall off racks and one rack snap off at the vertical post and dump the bikes on the road.

Anonymous No. 150578

>>150574
>has lost multiple bikes off their car in multiple incidents
this doesn't seem normal brah.
Have you heard of bungie cords.

Anonymous No. 150581

>>150578
Yes, Bungie cords, rubber ties that loop over nipples on the rack, everything. I'm not some turkey whose only started riding last year. I've gotten to the point where if I absolutely HAVE to use a vertical rack I cable tie the bike in place with multiple thick cable ties.

But then I did that and the fuckin rack snapped off.

I'm not here saying "you should never use a vertical bike because your bike will fall off" more saying to be cautious using vertical racks, slow right down going over speed humps, level crossings etc. because you looking in the mirror and saying "dude did you see how much air my bike got when we hit that bump" can very easily become "dude your $7k bikes on the road getting flattened by a semi!"

Don't cheap out on bungees.
Don't say "oh yeah one tie will be enough I won't put more on"
And don't EVER say "this wont ever fall off/won't ever break off" because it fucking will.

I get that this is 4chan and idiot nobikes will argue with me and say It was all my fault and clearly I didn't tie them on good enough but I'm just going to ignore them. Take this as a cautionary tale from somebody whose been riding a long time.

Anonymous No. 150609

>>150581
awww man, now I'm losing confidence in the rack. I'm more worried about metal fatigue eventually destroying the part that gets inserted into the hitch. This rack does have a sort of suspension to absorb impacts but nothing lasts forever

Image not available

1500x1000

tufrack.jpg

Anonymous No. 150610

>>150581
>And don't EVER say "this wont ever fall off/won't ever break off" because it fucking will.
>been riding a long time.
Shoulda gotten a tuf rack while you still had the opportunity, fren. I go 4wheeling with my bike in it and it's still fine. They sure don't make em like they used to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6laOnWxABE

Anonymous No. 150612

>>150574
I get what you mean. I haven't looked too closely at racks since I have a pad myself, but I hope the designers aren't stupid. Any piece of the rack that can't be plasma cut out of a single piece should be bolted together. If they have to weld, the welds should be horizontal

Anonymous No. 150614

>>150574
Tailgate pads break your frame tho

Anonymous No. 150615

>>150609
He’s talking about a vertically oriented bike rack usually meant for 4+ bikes, for what it’s worth

Anonymous No. 150621

>>150612
Yes bolted with crush tubes is 100 percent safer.
>>150609
just do stuff to mitigate the big swinging movements that happen when you hit bumps in your car, stuff like putting a strap between the top T bar of the rack and the cars roofracks or tie down points in truck bed or whatever.

>>150614
In my experience this has not happened. It did knock my friends ebike battery plastic cover loose, but that's apparently normal on those Shimano/Merida batteries. I think if I bought a really lightweight carbon frame I might have to look at other options, but I don't think my tailgate pad will do anything other than cosmetic damage to my bike frames. It's the Yakima one with high density foam pads on it so it's not like the downtubes are resting on a sharp edge or anything. I have thought about stauntion wear on my forks as a result of sitting against the pad, but my 3 bikes are all low level F36es so nothing of value will be lost.

Image not available

1013x748

6026970F-D18A-416....jpg

Anonymous No. 150623

Sounds like you guys buy cheap shit, I’ve literally driven 3 hours with my bikes not even tightened down being able to roll inches to the sides without issues

A failure of the 2” thick-ass mega-welded aluminum tang would ruin my morning sure, but I doubt that’ll happen. My hitch will probably break its 4 bolts to my Honda Civic and fall off before the rack itself falls off the hitch

Image not available

1280x960

1E80AD29-CFBD-4A7....jpg

Anonymous No. 150624

>>150623
I’ve also backed into a concrete pole with my 1up rack

Anonymous No. 150634

>>150623
That's not the kind of rack I'm talking about, I'm meaning the vertical 5 bike racks that hold the bike either under the fork crown or under the front wheel. Yours looks like it only holds two.

Image not available

501x526

Screenshot_202306....jpg

Anonymous No. 150641

For a single bike this is the optimal carrier. It's made of thick tubing so it won't break, and it doesnt have shitty leverage because its 100%vertical. You just wrap it in a painting cloth to stop scratches and it's perfect
Simple as

Image not available

1024x1011

1686255478127683m.jpg

Anonymous No. 150643

>UCI DH JUNIOR WOMEN

Anonymous No. 150646

>>150643
probably going to be the best thing for women's downhill to raise the overall skill ceiling in 10 years

Image not available

720x480

extratuf.jpg

Anonymous No. 150656

>>150634
>His bike rack doesn't securely carry 8 bikes

🗑️ AA2 Nigger mod is Mad loser lol permbanned No. 150661

>>>/vg/432702091
Sad Jack Edition

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

>Downloads:

>Information:
AA2Mini Install Guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vS8Ap6CrmSNXRsKG9jsIMqHYuHM3Cfs5qE5nX6iIgfzLlcWnmiwzmOrp27ytEMX03lFNRR7U5UXJalA/pub
General FAQ:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690

>Mods & More:
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Alternative: Update your AAU and see if it happens again. If so, disable win10fix, enable wined3d and software vertex processing.

Previous Thread
>>>/vg/432320786 come on permban all of them kek
yo mad over that discord link post ha what a noob you are loser nigger aa2 fag mod you mad asf lmfao

🗑️ jk No. 150665

>>>/vg/432702091
Sad Jack Edition

>Downloads:

>Information:
AA2Mini Install Guide:
General FAQ:

>Mods & More:

Previous Thread
>>>/vg/432320786 come on permban all of them kek
yo mad over that discord link post ha what a noob you are loser nigger aa2 fag mod you mad asf lmfao

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230509_0140....jpg

Anonymous No. 150666

>>150634
I use the 1up equip-d for my car and I have a Velocirax 6x mounted on a rolling base to store my bikes at home. I don't have any plans to use the velocirax on a car unless I move and want to transport all my bikes in trip, but I'll keep what you said in mind.
It's the 1up equip-d that flew up what looked like a foot when I hit that dip. I would have preferred the 2" but my car doesn't come from the factory with one of them. I'd feel safe putting a third bike on it as long as none of them are ebikes. I've transported my friend's ebike twice and bouncing scares the shit out of me.

Anonymous No. 150668

>>150505
>It's like getting shot with a kevlar vest on. I no longer have to worry about 9mm pistol now that I've been shot
You're a fucking idiot.

Image not available

1280x720

9mmvs9mm.webm

Anonymous No. 150670

>>150668
> t. doesn't wear a kevlar vest

Anonymous No. 150672

>>150656
Why not just get an actual trailer at this point? You'd at least have visible brake lights and some, albeit minor, protection from cars rear-ending you and destroying everything.

Anonymous No. 150674

>>150672
Not him but something like this would be easier to maneuver, park, and you wouldn't be subject to towing regulations such as the 55mph speed limit and having to use the rightmost lanes. That being said, I wouldn't want to go faster than 60mph with a rack that big after what I've been reading

Anonymous No. 150675

>>150641
>100% vertical
>still has to fit into the hitch somehow
All of these vertical racks need a proper bolted (at least 3/8) gusset or diagonal brace. Two welded members will always shear off at some point from oxidization and fatiguing

Anonymous No. 150686

>>150564
>Never crashes
I rarely crash myself to be fair but do have to chuck a foot down fast at least once a ride probably, hitting sand or mud depending on the season. I worry those could turn into crashes. I'm also not the most confident jumper and have had to bail off several times, if I'd not been able to do so easily they could have been nasty.

Image not available

1080x1349

Screenshot_202306....jpg

Anonymous No. 150709

>henry kerr's helmet
I'm surprise he isn't kill after going head first into concrete at Mach 1

Anonymous No. 150717

>>150686
Crashing from low siding is probably the most gentle way to crash especially on flow trails and at low speeds. Unless you hit trees or crash on a jump/drop when low siding. The worst crashes are highsides into rock gardens otb or regular highsides. That and hitting solid objects like boulders, the ground, and trees

Image not available

2048x2730

168606404990576439.jpg

Anonymous No. 150729

>>150656
That looks like a really cool/scary rack but honestly my truck only has 5 seats anyway.

Pic only semi related, I can fit 2 bikes in my van.

Image not available

2856x2142

furious.jpg

Anonymous No. 150732

Finally took er out for a spin but I goofed when I bled the front brakes, thought I fixed it, and then the front caliper starts leaking. F

On the other hand everything feels really nice. It rode well enough that I didn't even feel like I had to adjust any of the settings. And I just noticed that I had the kitsuma on firm the whole time. Might have explained why it felt a bit like a hardtail

Anonymous No. 150734

>>150732
Okay why does 4chan still flip my image even after I remove all the properties

Image not available

220x331

michelin-man-beefie.gif

Anonymous No. 150737

>>150732
Nice bike, took it for bike park? Is that a 52t cassette kek. Do you want to know which tire would make it look cooler and offer better all round performance?

Anonymous No. 150741

>>150734
It's because it thinks your Australian

Image not available

396x720

1668212382121534.webm

Anonymous No. 150744

>>150686
>chuck a foot down
This is pretty easy once you're used to clipless. The natural movement is to move your foot out sideways anyways. You just need to get used to the slight resistance for unclipping, and I've never found this to be an issue.
>I'm also not the most confident jumper and have had to bail off several times
If you're doing features you know you'll bail on frequently, clips are probably not the best idea then. You could perhaps try em for xc, and ride flats at the bike park

Anonymous No. 150745

>>150189

oldfag who is happy to ride with downtube shifters here
lol
actual lmao

Image not available

2048x2048

stankelly.jpg

Anonymous No. 150747

>>150737
Mi-Shillin'-man

I also took the Schwalbe Wicked Wills off my trail bike and went back to the minions I had before. I'll save the Schwalbes for the XC hardtail. I might replace the Minions with Michelin Wild AM tires when I wear through them at the end of the season or I'll stick the Assguy and Dicksucker under my bed on them since I already have them

Anonymous No. 150753

>>150737
42t cassette
>he thinks he needs to shill michelin at me
I was going to go with DH22 in the front and DH34 in the rear but I couldn't find at 34s in 27.5, and now that I can, they're still fucking $140. Nah, I'll wait a year for a lower price if I have to

Image not available

250x202

1612901159784.jpg

Anonymous No. 150756

>>150732
>DH frame
>DH fork
>big cassette
>dropper post
>flow rims
What did you mean by this anon? They're nice parts, but I do not understand the combo. The only place I've seen something similar is in ontario, where the bike parks have a >1 km commute from the top of the lift to most of the trails

Anonymous No. 150758

>>150756
Because I want to do big hits downhill but also be able to pedal. Also because having to custom build and adjust everything makes me more knowledgeable than most riders

Image not available

750x795

52A21310-608E-410....jpg

Anonymous No. 150759

>>150756
A lever dropper is just a glorified rigid post, the frame isn’t gonna let him fake it, it knows what direction it’s meant to go

Anonymous No. 150768

>>150758
The geo and suspension will make it very hard to pedal. If you want to hit gravity and pedal up get an enduro or trails bike.

Anonymous No. 150781

>>150674
This sticks out far enough it would have to be flagged. It would be marginally easier to maneuver if you already know how to back up with a trailer (which is why I'm sure you bring this up in the first place). Finally, like you said, I wouldn't want to go 90 on the freeway with that thing bouncing around on the back end.

Anonymous No. 150789

>>150768
>The geo and suspension will make it very hard to pedal.
I don't care. I want biking to be a workout too, not just fun. The Kitsuma has a lockout setting for pedaling
I'm dropping the 200mm down to 180mm to adjust for the 29er, but whether I bother to do that this year is in the air. I have the rebuild kit sitting here, might only do it when I have to take it apart to service the fork anyway

Anonymous No. 150790

>>150768
True but it's mainly the short low gear range cassette and the short nondropper seatpost that come on dh bikes that make it a hassle to climb with

Image not available

4032x1816

20230603_083531.jpg

Anonymous No. 150793

>>150732
He actually did it. After we told him it was a stupid idea and that there are bikes out there that suite his niche use case, he still did it.

What is wrong with people.

Image not available

1280x960

1686055571077228.jpg

Anonymous No. 150803

I convinced myself I need a handlebar with more backsweep. Any recommendations?

Anonymous No. 150804

>>150793
It wasn’t me who told him “DH bikes don’t work uphill”, couldn’t have been me I haven’t been on /r/mtb in weeks

Image not available

1024x512

E98B0104-6AED-47F....jpg

Anonymous No. 150807

I wanna go do a 4 hour bike ride down the mountain before the sun goes down but Im sitting here and I just can’t decide which bike I wanna take and the clock is fucking ticking what do I do

Image not available

1280x960

35D07EBD-197E-419....jpg

Anonymous No. 150808

>>150807
Then again, the longer I sit here delaying things, the more the answer becomes completely obvious; I take the bike that has the light mount on it

Image not available

3264x2448

16864385158122045....jpg

Anonymous No. 150812

Banshee anon here, I now have an engineering internship and can afford new bike parts/maintenance and traveling to ride. Which I have not been doing since I hurt my kneecap after hitting a stump and going otb at speed into a rock garden.

I built a makeshift hand Dyno out of driftwood and a hinge from an old barn door.
>Pic related
In order to service my shock.

I also am getting a cane creek helm MK2 to replace my old one. I am going to service shock and see if I just needed to refresh it or I need to retune the damper to be more firm.

Image not available

1078x1028

COILvAIRFAGS.jpg

Anonymous No. 150815

>>150812
>I also am getting a cane creek helm MK2 to replace my old one. I am going to service shock and see if I just needed to refresh it or I need to retune the damper to be more firm.
Take the coil pill

Anonymous No. 150817

>>150804
Lol, did the loser post in r/MTB in an attempt to get up votes for his cursed bike?

Anonymous No. 150843

>>150817
I’m saying the claim of DH bikes being something completely alien to any other bike that somehow makes it impossible to outfit for climbing, is a very reddit thing to say. This guy >>150790 gets it; with those two things taken care of, the suspension can be set up to have very minimal efficiency loss (not that it actually matters to anybody who’s A: not racing and B: good at cadence/power control) and the riding position can be tailored with all kinds of retarded cockpit pieces and saddles
I can’t understand why redditors jizz their pants over “THE DOWNHILL-EST ENDURO BIKE ON THE MARKET” and ask “what enduro bikes take a dual crown?” twice a day, but seeing an actual DH bike with a wide range cassette and a dropper is suddenly an affront to their religious beliefs or something
Do you guys not own DH bikes?

Image not available

352x395

991A7A25-240A-403....jpg

Anonymous No. 150847

>>150808
I didn’t use the light it was totally visible until 10:15pm

Anonymous No. 150848

I’m trying to keep a snake count this year, does seeing a snake next to your car when you’ve finished the ride count as seeing a snake on your ride?

Image not available

1757x952

aurum.jpg

Anonymous No. 150857

I want to hit the trails so bad, but I fucked up my shoulder few months ago, had surgery few weeks ago and can't ride until next year, ffs

Pic kinda related, bike that I've crashed on, taken on the exact same day.

Anonymous No. 150862

>>150857
I broke my wrist last September @ windrock and I'm still trying to get it up to par with the other... Don't skip out on physical therapy or you'll feel like an idiot like I still do and please don't get back on the bike too early. Please try your best to curb your addiction in the meantime. Good luck

Anonymous No. 150880

>>150862
>get older and weaker everyday

Image not available

726x916

20221231_103653.jpg

Anonymous No. 150881

>>150857
>can't ride until next year
>6 month recovery
What exactly did you do anon? I had a really severe shoulder injury and surgery and I was back on the bike within 5-6 weeks kek
Probably not the most intelligent thing looking back honestly
>broken collarbone
>fracture dislocation right proximal humerus

Image not available

1631x2194

20230604_184154.jpg

Anonymous No. 150883

>>150815
i do enjoy the adjustability of air, picking the right coil weight is a pain in the dick
that said my new frame comes with a coil

Image not available

667x500

ajonabike1.jpg

Anonymous No. 150886

>>150880
Try running. I got back into it to help with my pedalling performance and I've noticed immediate benefits. My short burst efforts are much better and my breathing has improved for really long efforts.
It'll still feel hard starting back up with riding, but it won't be as difficult and you won't be an out of shape hambeast. The real problem is that running just isn't very fun, at least through pavement. It's work all the way through

Anonymous No. 150887

>>150793
And I told you at the beginning I wasn't looking for advice
>he doesn't do things just to see if it can be done
Continue following the rules brah, I'm a free man
>>150847
I have a headlamp for hard hats that I haven't bothered to check if there's a good position for it on a full face. I should do it now

Image not available

1024x576

edgy_badass.jpg

Anonymous No. 150891

>>150887
>Continue following the rules brah, I'm a free man
Wow

Anonymous No. 150895

>>150891
Go back to the site I have never used, fag
>r/MTB
gay

Image not available

877x745

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 150897

>>150812
>compressing a shock in that thing
wear your safety goggles

Anonymous No. 150903

>>150897
I take the air out first. It could possibly break if I put the shock at max pressure. At most on a guesstimate that hinge is experiencing 400 lbs of force maximum due to the ifp and air in the main air chamber.
With a 0.7 inch diameter ifp at anywhere from 300-500psi. This results in around a maximum of 200lbs of force with the shock fully compressed and the ifp at 500psi. If we have a main air piston that reaches 50psi fully compressed (3-1 compression ratio from atmospheric) with a piston diameter of 1.5 inches that gives us a maximum force of around 100lbs The maximum shear on each of those nails/screws on the hinge is around 500lbs each. That gives us 1500lbs of shear on the hinge screws but in reality the hinge or the screws holding the upper board on are going to break first probably at somewhere around 500lbs of force. (Estimate) I've compressed the and cycled the shock with 160psi in the main air chamber. it creaks some.

With the lever giving roughly a 3-1 advantage means that the upward force on the hinge would be 300*(3/4)= 225lbs

This means that at the minimum I have a safety factor of 2 which is plenty. keeping in mind that all of my calculations were rounded to make the forces larger.

And nothing is going to happen if it breaks anyways the shocks rebound wont let it shoot anything off. It moved far too slow.

Image not available

1709x1286

dvotopazt3.jpg

Anonymous No. 150905

>>150815
I didn't think my super deluxe air was crap until I got the DVO Topaz T3. I'm barely using my 50T now since it's so supportive. I'm usually 2 cogs higher on the same climbs now.
Thinking about replacing my super deluxe coil with a Push 11-6 just so I can get some of that climbing performance if it's as big of a step up as the DVO is.

Image not available

3686x2764

20230611_211725.jpg

Anonymous No. 150911

Once again I didn't check weather and got caught in a thunderstorm with hail. Didn't want to ride bc I was full homo about rain, mud, and cleaning bike but got my balls back and ended up riding. Discovered a new trail, tight, fast, janky rocks, roots, steep, jumps and wooden features. Absolute sexo, but its probably a secret trail as many wooden features were broken and was barely marked on strava heatmaps.

Image not available

325x214

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 150912

>>150903
just pls be safe and gl on your indernship

Anonymous No. 150916

>>150912
Thanks for putting up with my autism.

May you have many rides without bonkage, and your shins remain untouched.

Anonymous No. 150920

>>150843
> Do you guys not own DH bikes?
Considering how modern enduro bikes perform, there really isn't a reason to own a DH bike unless you ride uplift bike parks a lot.

Why are you praising the bike as if we are in some kind of hug box? It is an objectively retarded build for what >>150732 wanted. There are bikes out there, like the Norco Shore, that are built exactly for what he wants and do it better than the bike he built. His build doesn't have the super low gears for climbing and with only 100mm of drop he cannot get the saddle high enough for climbing.

> the suspension can be set up to have very minimal efficiency loss
> the riding position can be tailored with all kinds of retarded cockpit pieces and saddles
So you have never heard of using different geometry and linkage designs for different types of bikes? The geometry and linkage designs of DH bikes is incredibly inefficient at pedalling up hills, even if you put a mid-range cassette and an insufficiently long dropper post on the bike.

Anonymous No. 150921

>>150887
You came in here asking for advice about droppers and rejected it when we didn't reaffirm you views.

Sure, you just keep being a free man riding inadquate bikes and I will be the boot licker who gets to ride great bikes in my free time.

> I have a headlamp for hard hats
this explains everything, he is a tradie.

Anonymous No. 150923

>>150920
Even the simplest single pivot with the biggest leverage ratio possible can be stiffened up with mid-ride adjustments to “get you up the climb”, just don’t sprint out of the saddle and stay in your pedaling position best you can and you’ll make it, suspension efficiency when pedaling in general is very overblown imo, especially when people talk about tire efficiency in the same sentence like they’re remotely similar.
I agree enduro bikes are basically there, which just supports the idea even more that there isn’t that much frame-specific difference between a DH-focused enduro and an actual DH. Personally I think the “wear and tear” argument is still valid for owning a DH bike, otherwise yeah enduro bikes are absolutely there in performance.
Im just saying the “DH bikes can never be pointed uphill!” meme is getting old, some people got into the sport through bike parks and not local trails, I never even climbed a hill until I was already shredding black diamonds for years, sure it’s stupid to buy a DH bike specifically for up/down riding, but if you already own a DH bike, it’s not crazy to outfit it for trying to go uphill, rather than buying an enduro bike that’s 90% the same as your DH bike, but with a dropper

Image not available

720x960

1686514358924008.jpg

Anonymous No. 150932

>>150911
Checked and based. Looks like a fun spot!
>>150903
I too have a shock dyno, but it's the rear linkage on my bike :^)
Also, I'm pretty sure the force contribution from the IFP is lower than your estimate because the damper shaft displaces less oil than the IFP does
>>150923
NTA, but ridelets need to stop over-biking, and yes a DH bike with a large cassette to pedal it uphill is indeed a meme. A mid travel bike will cover 99% of trails. There are usually at least a few in the top spots in the EWS

Anonymous No. 150987

>>150881

Broken collarbone, broken shoulder socket (sorry about wording, english is not my first language), two torn ligaments, SLAP tear. On top of that I have some minor injuries which accumulated over years of doing downhill, freeride and climbing (I'm 34 and I've been doing this since I was 12), so it just needs to regenerate fully before taking another beating lol. Also I've meant I cannot ride downhill or bikeparks due to risk of injuring myself again. I will ride some chill mtb trails probably until I feel safe to hit jumps again.

Image not available

1280x1920

boneshaker lower ....jpg

Anonymous No. 151001

>All this gear talk
>Barely any riding pics/stories
This gearfaggotry is getting to /p/ levels. Please post some cool riding pics/stories, frens. I'll start with a pic of me riding my favorite trail

Image not available

220x220

1678576446436200.gif

Anonymous No. 151004

>>151001
>backpack
Ngmi
Nobody ever posts Gopro footage

Anonymous No. 151009

>>151004
>>151001
Tomorrow I am going riding so I might post some don't have any good ones right now lost on old phone.

Anonymous No. 151014

>>151004
I stopped recording my rides because my footage just isn't pleasant to watch for anyone who isn't me, and I noticed I ride worse when I'm recording. I should get back into the habit of recording since all my videos are outdated and they're from my first rides at certain parks so the riding is really slow. I'll record my next mtb ride and post a clip, it always bugs the shit out of me that youtube compression hides the terrain unless you're going really slow.
Backpacks are great. I moved onto a USWE Hajker 30 so I could do even bigger riding days than I could before. On top of being able to store a 3L reservoir, I can also stick 2 more bottles on the side and even more inside. I don't like to use my hip pack for MTB since it starts to sag if I fill it up with more than 1L of water.

Anonymous No. 151015

>>151014
also, who has the link to that one site that makes easy WEBMs for 4chan? I usually use catbox if I don't want to put something up on youtube

Image not available

1920x1280

boneshaker sunset.jpg

Anonymous No. 151022

>>151004
>Walk back up to grab your camera bag instead of just riding down with it
We were in a bit of a rush to get some comfy sunset riding photos at a lookout further down the trail. Maybe I'll go back with my camera and some friends to get a better pic on the drop at some point.
>Gopro
I find gopros makes things look boring unless it's rampage level riding. Here's the builder and a youtuber riding the trail for reference. They show up at the drop at around 9:40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPRbihpyeA
>>151009
Looking forward to it, anon!

Image not available

1038x993

oak drop.jpg

Anonymous No. 151072

>>151001
hold on everyone this is a photofaggotry thread now.

my bad guy who only mtb's for the aesthetic

Anonymous No. 151085

I've finally found a fren to ride with when my injury heals. Hopefully they keep going and we end up being regular riding buddies
>t notgay

Image not available

960x1280

983354CF-0AFF-470....jpg

Anonymous No. 151091

Honestly you should feel ashamed every time you pull out your phone or set up a camera in the middle of a bike ride but I understand documentation is important

Image not available

1280x720

7BC93CFE-7E85-499....png

Anonymous No. 151093

There’s a ton of fatty boombalatty dirt jumps near me and I really feel like I could take a solid shot at doing them but I’m just so scared of blowing up my rear wheel which I’ve done once in the past, or damaging my aluminum or full suspension frames (my steel hardtail unfortunately is long as fuck and 29” so it’s tough to keep airborne)
Should I consider learning bigger jumps on a dirt jumper I buy (which may or may not translate to the bigger bikes)? Should I get some gnarly overkill rear wheels (my new wheels do have lifetime warranties)? Or should I just send it on bikes that I don’t completely trust to survive failed attempts?
Picture is one of the jumps, the new section is like jumps like these over and over and over, with sweeping berms and small gaps occasionally

Image not available

4032x3024

23887029-187B-4BC....jpg

Anonymous No. 151103

>>151093
Honestly I’ve been having a blast cautiously hitting the smaller jumps on this, it flies through the air no doubt I’m getting some of the “dirt jumper geometry” benefits with this 90’s bike. The problem is, its a lightweight aluminum frame that comes from peak “cranknfail” years and has a warning to watch out for cracks PAINTED on the seat tube and has a headtube thinner than my gravel bike’s suspension stanchions. Should I just wear extra protection or something

Anonymous No. 151113

>>151014

I found a couple of gopro videos on my old laptop a few weeks ago from back when I was brand new at riding in 2012 or 2013. It was quite funny to watch, all three of us on matching specialized camber 29ers dressed like homeless people in woolen jerseys and Nike sneakers. Not pumping anything, not clearing any jumps, just rolling down the trails wondering how other guys we had seen on the way up were going fast enough to clear the jumps. For anyone familiar with the whaka forest in Rotorua, this was just after challenge block had been harvested and replanted so all the trees were knee high.

>>151103
I think that's a really cool bike maybe just not one to be doing jumps on

Image not available

3829x2541

DDA94395-0DC5-4F1....jpg

Anonymous No. 151114

>>151113
Maybe use this bike to learn jumps on not ironically? It’s indestructibru steel frame with “XC” but durability focused carbon wheels and can fit 29x2.0 in the front, 29x2.6 in the back. Bars are 650mm wide if I’m holding the drops, which I do, and it feels decent control-wise but I haven’t had a really awkward landing or made any high-stakes jumps with that bike yet. It looks like a dirt jumper after enough drinks right

Image not available

1080x719

FB_IMG_1685959071....jpg

Anonymous No. 151135

>>151091
Looks like the intro scene of a mtb kino
>>151072
>hold on everyone, this is a photochad thread now
Yes. Picrel is me. Don't have many pics of me riding as I'm a loner and ride alone
>>151093
>flat, no mountains in sight
I'm sorry

Image not available

2000x1506

PXL_20220501_2126....jpg

Anonymous No. 151138

>>151093
Get a dirt jumper if you have a bike park near you that allows you to take advantage of the short wheelbase and small wheels. So not just jumps, but also skills features that require balance, slaloms, and pump tracks. Dirt jumpers are a ton of fun if you're at the right park for you. Ironically, the jumping part of it as actually my least favorite part of it. I prefer the skills stuff and my park does have some features, but the coolest place for me to try it out is actually at the start of a flow trail at the top of a big hill that I can't pedal up with a DJ.
DJs are really cheap too compared to MTBs. I got mine for $800 and the previous owner upgraded a lot of parts. You can probably find a better deal. I would have built my own but it would have cost so much more and I don't know how to select DJ parts since you have to use a mix of mtb and bmx parts

Image not available

2248x357

pinkbikescammers.png

Anonymous No. 151157

Jesus christ. Last week I fell for a scam on pinkbike(really thought I was going to get an XX1 AXS RD for $320 and ignored the red flags) and it turns out the other people I was messaging were also scammers. I did get my money back since I paid as goods and services but holy shit, what is happening to Pinbike? I only messaged this guy for the GX AXS because his account dates back to 2014 so he seems trustworthy, but now I'm seeing a lot of new accounts selling parts at really great prices. I've previously bought 2 pairs of Hayes Dominion A4 brakes, an ENVE M70 handlebar, a Fox 34 Fit4 factory, and an XX1 RD and shifter for good prices. This feels like the same filipino dudes scamming people in Honda S2000 groups found out they could do the same with bike parts.
Watch out fellas and keep an eye out for anything that doesn't look right, don't be blinded by the possibility of getting an incredible deal.

Image not available

1585x1056

in_n_out_burger.jpg

Anonymous No. 151161

>>151072
Nice drop! Looks more like a brick drop than an oak drop though
>>151091
Looks like a pretty neat feature
>Honestly you should feel ashamed every time you pull out your phone or set up a camera in the middle of a bike ride but I understand documentation is important
Based autist. You should try getting out for a photo sesh with the lads
>>151093
Do whatever makes you the most confident. The dirt jumper would be ideal as long as the jumps are well maintained, and the skills will translate well to bigger bikes
>>151135
Based photochad. Is that a race plate I see?

Image not available

852x480

ridin.webm

Anonymous No. 151167

>>151022
Here´s some footage. Personally I am happy with the jump I know it´s not the biggest but I crashed on that ride and also I am just starting to get better with jumps

Image not available

4032x3024

49F0706B-01BB-47B....jpg

Anonymous No. 151185

>>151135
Well that’s because that bike park is across the street from winco, we have mountains, but that park is definitely still within the city, which is cool in its own way
>>151167
I’ve been DH mountain biking since 2011 and I’ve never seen myself ride a bicycle ever, I don’t know if I even want to

Image not available

700x400

ezgif-2-3b652116ff.gif

Anonymous No. 151257

>>151167
>3rd person footage
Gigabased. We need more footage like this instead of gopro chest cams, perhaps I'll try getting some footy the next time I'm out and about as well
> I know it´s not the biggest
Don't worry about it, fren. Most people don't do big jumps despite what is shown in all the pinkbike ads and youtube videos
>>151185
>I’ve been DH mountain biking since 2011 and I’ve never seen myself ride a bicycle ever, I don’t know if I even want to
I'd recommend recording yourself, it's great for fixing problems with technique I've found. For example, I used to think I couldn't bunny hop high enough, but after looking at some footage I realized that I was starting to hop too late. Gif related was from that practice sesh, added a foot to the height I could confidently jump over in a day

Anonymous No. 151268

>>151257
How do you even do that?

Image not available

1024x1022

1664345864159801.jpg

Anonymous No. 151292

>tell my friends i got into mountain biking recently
>they all laugh

Anonymous No. 151301

>>150987
Ironically I fucked my leg and arm up in a motorcycle accident last year and have taken up mountain biking. There's a few parks nearby

Image not available

1920x1279

jump.jpg

Anonymous No. 151365

>>151268
>How do you even do that?
Hop? There are over 9000 tutorials on youtube if you search "bunnyhop mtb". The important part is to get out and practice. I'd just jump over random relatively safe things on the trails whenever I got the chance, and had a practice sesh or two hopping over a piece of plywood

Image not available

2730x2048

168649997644713439.jpg

Anonymous No. 151376

I'm going to Rotorua twice next month, hoping to get 2-3 days riding in each time. The first time I go up il take my Labrador. She's not a very good trail dog, she gets distracted and sniffs things and by the time I realize she's gone I'm too far away to call her.

Any tips for holding a dogs attention on the bike? Tie a bit of roadkill to your seatstay? I may just take her out for a slow ride around the forest loop so I don't lose her.

Image not available

500x644

AD8B4535-5335-4C5....jpg

Anonymous No. 151389

do I ride my bike now or do I ride my bike tomorrow

Anonymous No. 151403

>>151389
Why not do both?

Anonymous No. 151406

>>150923
I think you are seriously underestimating how much of a difference slight tweaks to geometry and suspension design can make to a bike. Example, I upgraded from the previous gen Norco Ranage to the current gen Norco Sight. On paper both bike have very similar geo and suspension designs and are designed for similar types of riding, but the Sight significantly out climbs the Range while almost having the same descending capability. Differences like this would be amplified between and Enduro and DH bike.

I am not saying you can never point a DH bike uphill, but if you are buying/building a new bike with the intention of pedalling it up hill (like >>150887), you are retarded for not going an Enduro bike.

Image not available

500x500

sadmexican.png

Anonymous No. 151414

> watching videos from today's ride
> parts that felt really fast look walking pace in the video
> bell is somehow even louder
now I remember why I stopped recording my rides. This shit is boring to watch and makes riding look not fun
https://files.catbox.moe/btlui1.mp4
the bell comes in loud and hard, I always encounter walkies on this trail so I always have it on except when I'm riding in darkness in winter. Last week I encountered a GILF with her pomeranian on this trail.
I always take this rock garden slow because I saw a filipino dude try to send it and smash his kidney on the big rock. I have to remember to wear my padded shorts for this one and just hit it.

Image not available

1612x1209

20230615_060814.jpg

Anonymous No. 151415

>>151138
>don't know how to select DJ parts since you have to use a mix of mtb and bmx parts
it's all mtb parts now, they're just better
its literally the simplest bike ever to maintain as well at least compared to a fullhomo mtb

Anonymous No. 151418

>>151414
dis nigga riding an ice cream bike

Image not available

1733x973

neat line.jpg

Anonymous No. 151425

>>151376
Never trained a trail dog, but perhaps you could condition her into following you by riding on local trails and periodically giving her treats while you're on your bike
>>151414
Based anon delivering on the video
> parts that felt really fast look walking pace in the video
You need to use the "superultrahyperniggerview" mode on your gopro or whatever they call that bullshit these days. It basically uses a highly distorting wide-angle lens and tunnel-vision filter to make it look like you're going at warp speed at all times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tcenSMdtUQ

Also if you don't mind my back-seat riding - not sure how the setup before the vid starts is, but I think it would be pretty epic if you hit the line in picrel
>>151418
kek

Anonymous No. 151450

>>151376
Nice
I've had to postpone my rotorua trip because I hurt myself. Few more weeks and I'll be able to ride again. I bought way too many suttle passes when I went down, so It'll take a few trips to use them

Anonymous No. 151475

any niggas go to the gym besides riding the bikes and train certain moves to build up their strength endurance? this book is kinda interesting because from the videos i've watched emphasize on doing circuit training, aka strength endurance stuff. would help me not get gassed out in the climbing sections desu.

Anonymous No. 151476

>>151418
Heh, I yell out "PALETAS" when I pull up on my friends.

>>151425
I can try that line then try a new line on the right which is chunkier, but it's probably safer since there aren't any big rocks to hit like on the left side. I always take the left side(the one in the video) because it's the smoothest and trail naturally flows into it, but I always take it slow so I don't get a pedal strike on the rock.
I'll try it out next week.

Anonymous No. 151477

>>151415
Last I checked, the BB and cranks aren't the typical mtb parts but I'll look into that if I build a new one.
I really miss riding my DJ. The park I always go to, which is also the biggest in my state and closest to me, has had their bike section closed since December due to storm damage. I think they only have one guy there who actually knows how to build berms and jumps because they just barely reopened the beginner pump track. I think he's a volunteer too.

Image not available

720x868

1675794240795934.webm

Anonymous No. 151480

>>151475
>not get gassed out in the climbing sections
Sounds like you need to do some interval training. Gym work will help with instantaneous power, bike handling, and dealing with impact/g-outs, but won't help with endurance and cardio

Anonymous No. 151486

>>151475
I go bouldering and I run a mile before heading to my bouldering gym.
Bouldering doesn't help with riding as far as I can tell, but the running definitely helps as I'm at a higher heartrate than when I'm riding. I've noticed that I have improved breathing on longer rides and I'm able to sustain harder efforts for longer.
I also do a lot of road and gravel riding, more than mtb for that matter, and that really helps with endurance as I'm able to ride all day and I recover from hard efforts in a few moments. For learning how to maneuver a mountain bike and pull off the advanced movement techniques repeatedly, riding a dirt jumper is a massive help. It's one thing to have the guts and brains to ride down a chunky trail and have the correct line choice, but a DJ will help teach you how to improve your balance, cornering, and make more creative decisions on a descent. For example, instead of dodging an obstacle, how about you try to jump over it or use it as a jump.

Image not available

4608x3456

20230527_141840.jpg

Anonymous No. 151499

https://streamable.com/b6e5u7
Took yesterday.
The outside line feels awkward and makes you carry too much speed in the steep chute and there's a heavy compression(>picrel) at the end. Inside line, I was going to initially take it but its a bit sketchy as there's a stump which isn't visible but its the best and fastest line. Hopping it through the middle doesn't seem like an option as you gotta hop a bike length to clear the rock and the space after the rock isn't enough and its sort of like a wall, which is why I turn fast. If you fall short you will OTB and bike will tumble all the way down and die.
I'll ride on saturday again and hit the inside line of it doesn't rain and post it. Sunday will be either the bike park at the top of that mountain or enduro loops on the trails I found on sunday.
I'm not riding again in short socks again. Arms/Legs completely scratched and swollen due to faggy poison ivy and pointy bushes.
>>151161
>Is that a race plate I see?
Yeah. I got to the top 236th but could've finished top 196th( using strava time (I was going faster as I got 3 PRs on the 4 segments of the stage))but rear wheel spokes decided explode last section and fucked the derailleur, blocking the wheel from rotating. Tried to fix it at the heat of the moment but ended up running to the finish line.

Anonymous No. 151515

Which one of you faggots posted this >>>/out/2596919 and why do eMTB chads make you seethe so much? Y'all should get an xc bike if you like peddling so much lmao

Anonymous No. 151518

Also it's very comfy to smoke on climbs and be able to snack away without worrying that you're going to feel bloated or nauseous as a result of unnecessary exercise.

Anonymous No. 151519

>>151515
They killed my dad. He was coming up in the eMTB circuit. Last race of the season, he was coming into the final berm when a rider named Kenny Linder tapped his rear wheel and put him into a tree at 70 miles an hour. I watched my father burn to death. I can still remember him screaming. The people who were there said my father died long before the battery blew. They said it was me that was screaming.

Anonymous No. 151532

>>151519
Hey I know Kenny we just went eebing down the downtown greenbelt the other day

Image not available

1200x1600

20230615_164752.jpg

Anonymous No. 151538

bought a brand new megatower v2 frame and the lower pivot has a crack around it kek, not even stuck a single part on it yet
joke's on me I guess at least the warranty is good

Image not available

1017x642

style.jpg

Anonymous No. 151539

>>151415
>>151477
Mine came with raceface mtb cranks / 24mm threaded bb - even the headset is a tapered 1 1/8 - 1.5 with cartridge bearings .
Just don't go with a cheap coil fork as they are absolute rattley wobbly trash, you want an air fork to be able to run it hard enough for a bit of give on flat landings

Anonymous No. 151547

>>151539
I bought mine with the Manitou Circus air fork.
I don't know what cranks or bb are on mine. The crank uses some design I've never seen before where you tighten it with a spanner on each side.
I don't know whether or not I want to get rid of the Maxxis DTH tires on it. If I'm riding hard, touching the brakes makes it skid but I've never lost traction otherwise when riding on a surface I'm supposed to be on. The Billy Bonkers and Holy Roller seem like they could be better for how dry my park is

Image not available

1440x1920

20230615_173936_HDR.jpg

Anonymous No. 151555

>Stop for a snack break
What do you pull out of your pack/pocket to munch on, Anon? For me, it's a piece of my homemade energy bar

Anonymous No. 151566

>>151555
Swedish fish is my go to..On long rides I get pbj and cliff bars for some variety. I like the energy dense foods. Too much protein and I just feel heavy .so I usually save a protein shake in powder form in my car for post ride. Then just add water.

Image not available

1200x1200

Jennifer-Knapp-Wi....jpg

Anonymous No. 151592

>>151555
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.
kek not really, either a banana or some sort of energy bar that doesn't melt

Image not available

658x617

A0823997-48FD-41E....png

Anonymous No. 151595

Just drink water. If you get hungry you can eat ice.

Image not available

1221x916

20230615_123655.jpg

Anonymous No. 151620

>>151538
bike shop is getting me a new one for next week... never seen a frame cracked out of the box let alone a santa cruz

Anonymous No. 151629

>>151620
>made to last many lifetimes
lol

Anonymous No. 151638

>>151620
It was probably damaged in transit. I've seen the same thing happen to Canyons but it was always paint defects

Anonymous No. 151690

Just came back from whistler. The bike works fine for its intended purpose, so the doubters can get fucked
>>150921
>You came in here asking for advice about droppers
No, faggot. I stated what I was doing, while being slightly apprehensive about doing it. I wasn't asking for advice. You interpreted it as asking for advice

Image not available

1221x916

20230418_172242.jpg

Anonymous No. 151693

>>151690
but how does it pedal up hill? obviously a dh frame with dual crowns works fine at a lift park kek

Anonymous No. 151830

My friend always say they don't like to wear backpacks because their backs get sweaty, but I end up completely soaked even on those days where I'm only riding with a water bottle in my frame. My back is getting sweaty regardless of whether I use my backpack, the fanny pack, or don't wear anything extra.

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230617_1726....jpg

Anonymous No. 151832

>>151830
meant to say "friends"
Even on a high speed road ride with minimal climbing, I still come home sweaty

Image not available

600x400

1680235510845301.gif

Anonymous No. 151851

>>151830
>My back is getting sweaty regardless of whether I use my backpack, the fanny pack, or don't wear anything extra.
Unlucky. I too am extremely sweaty, but I do find I'm much less so when I use a fanny pack, and like how much airier it feels compared to wearing a backpack. When I ride with my camelback, it always ends up so drenched that I think the bladder had leaked, but it's just sweat.

Anonymous No. 151871

>>151830
I normally use a CamelBak but have started just taking a water bottle when I take my ebike out. It's a pretty awesome feeling, not having anything on your back like that. Definitely try it.

Image not available

1024x847

1685069105463620.jpg

Anonymous No. 151928

>driving to my designated trail place
>road signs saying that the road is closed today
>drove home and jerked off all day

Anonymous No. 151931

No backpack is the way to go.
I recently bought a small saddlebag for essentials and fitted a bottlecage and it makes a massive difference to comfort even if it's only a couple of pounds.

Image not available

461x500

sadpepe.jpg

Anonymous No. 151970

>>151928
> drive an hour out to trailhead for park I've been wanting to ride at for a long time but never got around to
> prepare bike and get everything ready
> realize I forgot my helmet
> holiday so all stores are closed
> drive back home

Image not available

384x390

97.png

Anonymous No. 152000

>>150562
>send the fuck out of my bike
>tire gets completely fucked
>third one this year

Anonymous No. 152030

>>151970
You know in the 80’s they took chunks of styrofoam and bundled it around your head using lycra wrap

Anonymous No. 152062

>>151931
I got a fanny pack. It's pretty chill and I can drink thru a tube

Image not available

1080x1438

Screenshot_202306....png

Anonymous No. 152066

>>152000
That happens man, I have found that tire inserts help. But not nearly as much as learning to ride smoother, sometimes you can't ride smooth though, which is when tire inserts help.

Also here is a discount code for some brake pads at https://gorillabrakes.com/
I use them because their Enduro pro pads are as good in the wet as metallic, don't make as much noise, last as long if not longer than metallic. And their Enduro pro brake pads cost less and are easier to find than regular Formula Cura 4 brake pads, and last longer than galfer and trickstuff.
It should be worth noting that while they do work well when cold they work noticeably better when warm. So if you are someone who only does xc don't get them.

Anonymous No. 152093

i don't have a mountain bike, i have some 3 speed commuter with thin tires. i swear to god, living in a satellite city, a city suburb, i always feel like i'm doing some extreme shit because of how fucked and uneven the sidewalk pavement is. not only that, but i have to contend against the reckless drivers that litter the streets. kinda love it in it's own way, though it's like everything's trying to kill me, and i have to stay as alert as possible before i end up as a sidewalk pancake. my bike is my black stallion, and though i still don't know how bike gears work (i just do it by feel), i feel like i've reached a high level of physical competency orchestrating my movements with the bike in harmony.

i even remember one time, i was speeding down a hill, but i was trying to turn when i lost control because i was going too fast. i almost went splat into a parked car, but somehow managed to regain control and stopped without my bike touching a damn thing. i love my bike.

Image not available

500x500

bidennewport.jpg

Anonymous No. 152098

> mfw the liberal institution I work at gave me Juneteenth as a paid holiday
see you fellas on the trails tomorrow. I'll be hitting small flow and big rock gardens

Image not available

687x916

20230617_144729.jpg

Anonymous No. 152102

>>152000
based steve appreciator
you might need to start running heavier casing tyres friend

Image not available

4000x3000

20230408_123242.jpg

Anonymous No. 152104

>>151830
nothing to do with sweaty for me, that extra weight bouncing around on your body is annoying as fuck in corners and jumps
oneup tools and a bottle mount / bib pockets work for me

Image not available

694x774

1663086835048946.png

Anonymous No. 152113

>>152102
Thats S-E-X-O terrain and dirt right there
>>152104
>DH22s
This guy fucks, learn from him

Image not available

3686x2073

20230618_171436.jpg

Anonymous No. 152116

Bike park yesterday afternoon and 2 enduro laps on the trails below it later, wrists are still kill and I have limited movement on one. 5150m of D-. That bike park is all lose rocks the size of baseball/softballs which is why I don't like it too much. You also initially ride a fast techy jump trail along the crest and its all exposed as there isn't a forest, the BP high alpineterrain so no forests at all There are only 3 trails worth doing, a blue thats feels red, the red and the black. The black one is a pretty steep one with tight rocks and switchbacks and sketchy drops I don't do. The top part is hard as loose rocks and winds throws you off line when the line is 1 tire width at times.
Yellow is alpe d'huez and in red there's a trail that goes all the way down(1300mD-)through switchbacks, besides it to the hill at the left, theres another one that goes down

Image not available

4032x2268

20230619_161058.jpg

Anonymous No. 152120

I also vouch for formula's monolith rotors. Had them since august and haven't cooked them at all, compared to the previous one as you can see. I run 180mm rear as norco gay niggas don't allow 200mm on my range frame

Image not available

687x916

20230619_175902.jpg

Anonymous No. 152176

>>152113
>This guy fucks, learn from him
it's Joe Smith's bike of course he fucks, he was 2nd in redbull hardline last year
>tfw rain in june and the trails are running amazing for once with no dust

Image not available

515x916

VideoCapture_2022....jpg

Anonymous No. 152181

>>152116
post some vids senpai, I'm a pds brit so not done any of that shit yet
>luv forests and trees me, simple as

Image not available

1488x886

CCM SL 2.0 Dual S....jpg

Leaf Cycler No. 152182

Hey guys, it's my first time on this board and I just got a new bike.

In Canada, bikes from brands like CCM, SuperCycle, and Raleigh are all garbage but I got this one for free from a cousin and I want to get into cycling/MTBing.

My only question is about how modular these bikes are. I wanted to replace the seat, handles, and maybe the wheels.

Image not available

1221x916

20220718_160454.jpg

Anonymous No. 152183

>>152182
they are all very modular, however the cheaper frames often have different standards so you can't always use the better parts

Anonymous No. 152241

>>152182
Seat is basically totally universal, you can basically buy whatever seat you want and put it on. The handlebar will probably be an “outdated” size but you could still find modern replacements for $30 or so, or scour any bicycle co-ops/recycler for a suitable cheapo handlebar in a better shape/width for you
Wheels will probably be expensive, and likely will not be transferable to any future bike you get, so I’d try to not replace them or replace them as cheaply as possible, again a bicycle co-op/recycler would be the best bet to look for cheap old parts

Anonymous No. 152265

>>150194
Update on my situation they either fire me this week or I am quitting myself don´t know how should I say it to them but I am quitting. Yesterday I was loosing my shit with magura brakes and my boss came in saw me struggling and just asked if it´s taking too much time (I have to measure time on each bicycle I don´t work on one so I don´t get paid so he wants me to do the work quickly so he basically pays me less worse then m previous jobs). The only thing I am going to miss is driving the 250hp+ work van

Image not available

1011x1323

Screenshot_202306....jpg

Anonymous No. 152274

>>152181
You haven't posted. The one techy chute I wanted to film was under trees and was pretty dark on the camera. Spent a while pondering this jump (taking the small one) but decided against it, didn't want to die early in the season and it genuinely scared me, so just rode over the rocks you see there. Once you are in the downward ramp, there's no turning back. You send and probably die or die as you can't stop. I'll see if I go to les gets this summer or for the WC. Rather go to Les Orres as its looks more enduro tech - fucked up terrain.

Image not available

622x621

1687273945376199.png

Anonymous No. 152297

>>152265
>4 euros an hour
>oh no pls don't fire me
just leave anon you can get paid more flipping burgers
>>152274
im not in the alps at the moment, i will be in a few weeks though hhehehe

Image not available

1280x699

440EA68C-C022-48B....jpg

Anonymous No. 152299

>>152297
Can confirm, I’ve been flipping burgers for years and I can afford all the taiwanese bikes I want now

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230619_2107....jpg

Anonymous No. 152301

I've had DHF/DHR since August 2021 on my trail bike. I briefly took them off to try out the Schwalbe Wicked Wills and I recently went back last week since they don't have the grip I need for a trail bike, I'll put them on the Yeti Arc I'm building.
I don't know what happened to me but when I rode these same trails last month on my enduro running Michelin Wild Enduros, I had a much better run and was so much more confident. I don't want to blame the tires but I think I'm in a slump. The DHF and DHR are my benchmark and I've had much better runs here in the past with the same setup. I think crashing on a chunky trail back in February killed my confidence.

Image not available

1200x1200

s-l1600.jpg

Anonymous No. 152302

>>152301
tyres make a huge difference especially on loose stuff, somehow I don't think the yeti will handle it going down any better.. it will be quicker up for sure though

Image not available

2040x1536

PXL_20220115_1923....jpg

Anonymous No. 152304

>>152302
I meant I'm saving the Schwalbe's for the Yeti since they're better suited for XC riding, I was on a full suspension trail bike for those trails. I wouldn't bring a hardtail to these specific trails because they're sharp rock gardens the whole way through.
I've used those same tires on that same trail on the same bike and I've ridden it far better, I just went back to the setup I've always had. I use the Hayes Dominion A4s on the trail bike and the enduro, with the same galfer brake rotors. The minions just don't seem to feel like they used to despite me having the most amount of time on them. Tread is still acceptable too, I'm genuinely surprised that the tires still look so good.
Maybe I'm just subconsciously expecting to always have the grip of the Wild Enduros now. I do have an unused Assegai and Dissector which I could try out, but I don't know if a grippier front and faster rear will help me with whatever mental block I have right now.

Anonymous No. 152309

> Wild Enduros sold out again
I knew I should have stockpiled them when I had the chance

Leaf Cycler No. 152391

>>152182
So this POS broke on my during a morning ride so now I have no choice but to upgrade. Deaileur snapped in half and its one of those that are welded to the frame itself. Only interested in Hardtails so I'm looking at beginner HTs.

My options are Specialized Rockhopper 29 or GIANT Talon 3/2. (I don't understand why bikes that have more frontal gearsets are cheaper) I've seen more people lean towards GIANT as better brand.

What do you guys recommend?

Anonymous No. 152402

>>152391
Bikes with more chainrings typically have fewer rear cogs and spec freewheels instead of freehubs (cheaper cogset and wheels they attach to)

Both models are nice as entry options and provide good value at certain tiers - namely Talon 2 and Rockhopper Sport. Both are the entry to hydraulic brakes, which will be a huge improvement from your previous ride.

Giant tends to be best value, being the largest manufacturer in the world, but right now Specialized and other brands have sales. I recommend looking at a Marlin 5 from Trek, which is $140 USD off right now.

>t. shop rat who sells all 3 brands

Image not available

1232x908

2023-06-21 14_14_....png

Leaf Cycler No. 152403

>>152391
Also considering this. Hydraulic Lockout seems really convenient for my immediate day-to-day use.

Leaf Cycler No. 152404

>>152402
>>152403
Both the Talon 3 and Marlin 5 are 800CAD at the moment. I learned that Giant makes the frames for Trek anyways so they're more similar than they are different. Would you say that the Marlin 5 is the better choice between the two? I've read that Rockhoppers are only worth it if I start the Comp or Elite models.

Anonymous No. 152413

>>152404
They're very similar

Both have pretty much the same standards and features for accessories or replacement parts as upgrades in the future. Both have comparable warranty coverage

It's going to be the personal preferences that should set them apart for you, like minor features and color

The Talon has a larger max tire width (2.4 vs 2.2) and wider rims, which are better for larger tire profile/volume. Both come with 2.2, but an upgrade to the Talon in the future would make it more comfortable/capable on rough trail.

The Marlin has a fork lockout, which I'd say is only really useful if you're riding it on pavement or very smooth trail a lot.

The Talon has SLIGHTLY more aggressive geometry (slacker head tube, longer wheelbase, etc.), which will be better suited for faster paced or steeper downhill riding. Don't be heavily swayed by this, the differences are subtle

It's best to find a shop where you can test ride them both. It's important

If you're looking to ride on trail and progress as a technical mtber more, the Talon could be a better suit. If you're looking for a bike that'd be good for pavement riding as well as trail riding, the Marlin could do it for you. You probably wouldn't regret either

Anonymous No. 152418

>>152304
Found a cheap set of Michelin Wild AM and Force AM tires on pinkbike. I'm looking forward to testing them out. Love me the Wild Enduros but I could trade some of that grip and weight for speed and efficiency.

Image not available

809x1189

20230622_032435.jpg

Anonymous No. 152448

>get very druk and go to bed
>cant stop thinkin about ridinf aforestvsingletrack and thesound of tires
Mtb is an adiction I think

Anonymous No. 152517

My next spending will be on a XT drivetrain(cheaper than gx I was initially looking at) but I'll require a new freebub body so I'll get a new hub instead. Looking at the Spank Hex. Gotta stay on the affordable side.

Image not available

739x685

1686144490727306.jpg

Anonymous No. 152530

>>152517
I'd personally go with a mixed drivetrain. 11 and 12 speed setups work well with a sr*m shifter and shitmano derailleur. It's perfect because you get the crisp clicking and adjustability of an X01/XX1 shifter plus the cheap derailleur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDA0oiuMltA
I'm currently running an 11 speed X01 shifter, XT derailleur, XT cassette, and kmc chain. No issues with shifting after a season

Anonymous No. 152551

>>152530
I was just gonna put a XX1 chain for the bling and longevity and maybe put an XTR shifter for a crisp shifting. Is there a difference between xtr and x01 shifter on a XT setup? Or would it depend more on how I set it up

Anonymous No. 152573

>>152551
I run the X01 shifter because I can move the thumb shifter to a better spot, and I find the XTR feels cheap in comparison

Anonymous No. 152604

>>152573

Does the X01 let you pull/push the upshift or is it push only? It's not really a deal breaker but it's one of the things that I prefer on my XT bike over my GX bike.

Image not available

700x600

1679189069795381.jpg

Anonymous No. 152608

>>152604
xt and above only
with 12sp shimano it's best to use a shimano chain/cassette for the hypernig+ shifting

Image not available

230x219

1624839302663.jpg

Anonymous No. 152609

>Bike park girl seemed down, but keeps flaking now
>mfw I will never have a qt gf that gets me free lift tickets
It's not over for me bros - it never even began in the first place. Thank you for reading my blog

>>152604
It's push only

Image not available

687x916

20230615_170321.jpg

Anonymous No. 152630

anyone running 165mm cranks on their meme enduro machines?

Image not available

1122x1122

1665093205316815.jpg

Anonymous No. 152639

>>152609
>seemed
You thought it was real, just like melamed. Go for the strava KOM now, no brakes method

Anonymous No. 152648

>>152630
Naw, but I'm wanting to go from 175 to 170. Thinking 165 may be too extreme for a 6'2 fella on an XL

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230518_0008....jpg

Anonymous No. 152659

>>152630
170 mm
I've heard of a lot of people downsizing to 165 mm and getting a noticeable improvement in pedalling and a decrease in pedal strikes

Anonymous No. 152666

>>152659
And I’ve heard speedwalkers tell me they can go just as fast as joggers

Image not available

112x112

peepo-sad-swipe.gif

Anonymous No. 152683

Everything is so fucking expensive on MTB but my bike is my bike, there are many like it but this one is mine. My bike, without me, is useless. Without my bike, I am useless. Gotta pay to keep it running.

Image not available

600x439

shortking11.jpg

Anonymous No. 152685

>>152666
I think it's more because the shortened crank arm length is a better fit for them. Definitely true for short kings

Anonymous No. 152724

>>152517
I have a spank hex on my ebike it's pretty noisey I think that's cool. I've probably only done 100km on it so I don't know about longevity but I like that it's noisey.

Image not available

377x104

Screenshot from 2....png

Anonymous No. 152725

FUCK

Image not available

750x1334

149FCE15-E9E7-411....png

Anonymous No. 152727

>>152725
Fuck you it was over 100° for like 40 days at this time last year where I am, now it’s your turn

Image not available

1024x683

p5pb23696234.jpg

Anonymous No. 152729

>>152659
ben cathro was running 165s and he's like 6'7

Image not available

200x200

E502748A-1434-4AE....gif

Anonymous No. 152732

>much pedal strikes

Anonymous No. 152758

>>152725
>only 52% humidity

Roadie here, optimal biking weather for QT admiration is above 100f 70+% humidity
MTB confirmed gay

Image not available

1080x1350

cyclist.jpg

Anonymous No. 152762

>>152758
man, I can never encounter roadie QTs when I'm on a road ride
> ride motorcycle up through twisty mountain roads
> sexy cyclists everywhere
> come back another day but the same time on the gravel bike
> only encounter old guys and local cycling clubs
I've only encountered MTB QTs 3 times. I only care about riding when I'm riding so talking to them for the purpose of breeding is low on the priority list

Image not available

1600x1067

p6pb24952857.jpg

Anonymous No. 152812

>>152762
>I've only encountered MTB QTs 3 times.
You need to go to xc races if you want any chance of meeting mtb qts. The guy/girl ratio is still extremely out of your favor though. If you have a chance you should also hit a world cup afterparty, shit's a good time and probably your best bet to meet a qt in an environment that doesn't involve actually riding or focusing.
https://www.coupedumonde-mtb-msa.com/en/les-apres-courses

Image not available

999x666

611C88D4-28FE-403....jpg

Anonymous No. 152817

I’m going on vacation to somewhere near Portland and I’m bringing two bikes (one YT Capra enduro bike, one undecided bike likely my 90’s shitter) and I’m gonna have one, possibly two days to myself biking. I’ve ridden outside of my state once before, but I’ve ridden for almost a decade and would consider myself pretty good if I never saw the things people do online. I can pump out a 30 mile, 3000 foot ride confidently.

Should I go ride Blackrock, the most recognizable name on trailforks near the area, and try to recreate fridayfails on the grannys kitchen trails with wood-to-wood gaps and mossy skinnies?
Or should I just find a long out-and-back secluded mountain trail and try to see some pretty lakes or some shit?
Now that I’m googling pictures of blackrock to post, I think the answer is actually pretty fucking obvious, but I’d still like to hear your thoughts. Any gems near the Portland coast?

Anonymous No. 152820

>>152812
>If you have a chance you should also hit a world cup afterparty
no world cup in my country sad

Anonymous No. 152871

they say that the first upgrade for your bike is a droppost. thoughts on that?

Image not available

1310x747

IMG_20230617_1852....jpg

Anonymous No. 152891

>>152812
You need to go where the skill, and danger levels are lower in order to meet girls riding bikes. The ratio is still way out of your favor. Just go find some other activity where the ratio of men to women is more in your favor. Assuming there are women who like to have fun in the same way you do.

>>152871
Yes buy a dropper post. Have fun riding your bike.

Pic related, saw some bears on a ride back up from the "Backcountry" trails at Beech Mountain

Anonymous No. 152896

>>152891
beary cute

Anonymous No. 152900

>>152817
Go to what it will be least likely you'll ride again. Blackrock looks cool

Image not available

400x400

1665171345096468.gif

Anonymous No. 152902

>>152724
Yeah its the noise on that. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I wanted either an obnoxious noisy hub or a totally silent hub with preference to the silent one but its expensive. And I had found the hex at 167€ yesterday but its now 209€. I should've bought it by impulse...

Anonymous No. 152903

Do you guys ride when it's raining?

Anonymous No. 152905

>>152903
Yeah nigga, as long its a drizzle or a light rain. Full storm is not really enjoyable and shoes takes several days to dry.

Anonymous No. 152910

>>152905
what typa jacket you wear for light rains or do you just go at it

Anonymous No. 152912

>>152910
A cheap 19€ yuro waterproof jacket I got at decathlon 2-3 years ago

Image not available

750x751

1670348088024456.jpg

Anonymous No. 152913

>>152912
>decathlon
just saved me a buncha money thanks anon

Image not available

200x360

1657948084684.webm

Anonymous No. 152915

>>152913
I also got my hip pack there roughly at the same time and its still going, only thing its that its not waterproof but its very water resistant.

Image not available

1222x916

20230624_154734.jpg

Anonymous No. 152951

>>152891
i hope you petted the bear
rebuilt my pukenoof giga into a megatower today, it's a size larger and absolutely plows

Anonymous No. 152983

Went riding on a factory eeb today. Got so many more runs in than I usually would, want one badly.

>>152913
Decathlon is based. Most of my riding accessories are from there

Anonymous No. 152985

>>152871
My first upgrade would be tires but dropper post is a close second. They make a massive difference.

>>152951
That's a seriously sexy bike. Forest looks good too.

Anonymous No. 152986

>>152983
do they have good gloves thinking of getting new ones

Anonymous No. 152988

>>152986
Probably, mine are fox but I've been happy with almost everything I've bought from there, it's good value

Image not available

517x128

1666435061638759.gif

Anonymous No. 153044

Should I save up for full sus, a new pc, or pick up a cheap hobby like walking/writing/reading?

Anonymous No. 153050

>2 trails into ride, screw falls of shifter
>Sit down, try to fix it with cable ties
>fail
>cycle back towards car, realise I left my sunglasses
>double back, can't find them
>hurt my back putting bike in the car
Excellent Sunday session

>>153044
MTB > PC
Nothing stopping you from walking but riding is better.

Anonymous No. 153051

>>152985
Don't have any complaints about my current tires, but I think I'll get a dropper then - sometimes I'm trying to lean back and low but having a seat blocking my ass is a pain. Thanks anon.
>>153050
Careful about your back anon.

Image not available

1080x597

Screenshot_202306....jpg

Anonymous No. 153058

>crashes
How often do you have crashes that make you stop to deal with the pain for a while with alot of swearing before continuing riding?
Do you take painkillers afterward?

Today the front wheel slipped and went straight to some boulders. Thought I had broken my elbow and thigh hit the rock after elbow did. When I tried to stand up I fell as I couldn't apply force through my leg. Gonna take Tramadol for this one.
Im not young anymore, I remember some old guys telling me teenagers could just take a wank and they would be good as new.

Image not available

1024x1023

livewithpain.jpg

Anonymous No. 153061

>>153058
I just don't take painkillers, even when I've had them prescribed to me for getting my wisdom teeth taken out, I refused to take them.

Anonymous No. 153073

>>153058
If I crash hard enough that need recovery I go see the doctor but usually he prescribes me some orthopedic thing so that it grows back the right way. Also he doesn´t prescribe painkillers and suggest to grow a pair or hard alcohol.

Anonymous No. 153082

>>153058
I don't fall off that bad very often, maybe once a year, but am a big fan of a trailside masty.

Anonymous No. 153083

>>153073
>he prescribes me some orthopedic thing so that it grows back the right way. A
Like what?
>>153082
I also don't have hard crashes often, like one every 3-5 months. Though this year has been bad and I've been lucky
>>153061
Thats retarded. First 2 days are bad but afterwards eating cold things is enough

Image not available

1000x1000

thing.jpg

Anonymous No. 153084

>>153083
I don´t know I am not sure but I think it´s called a brace. Had that prescribed when I torn few ligaments. Not sure if I called that right I am ESL

Image not available

1221x916

20230625_121522.jpg

Anonymous No. 153091

>>153061
then you haven't had a bad enough injury yet anon, sometimes it's required unfortunately

Image not available

2705x1993

do it scared.jpg

Anonymous No. 153095

>>153058
>How often do you have crashes that make you stop to deal with the pain for a while with alot of swearing before continuing riding?
Not very often, maybe once a season if that. I've only had 2 injuries that have required any sort of treatment over 6 years of riding
>Do you take painkillers afterward?
Nope

Anonymous No. 153099

I´ve recently read an argument online that is´t not ok to sell your second hand bike over the value because it destroys the sport and steers away people from it. I kinda agree but in this market I don´t see how could anyone sell a bike over value. Right now I am selling my cannondale habit with probably 1k loss and I get why. The shortage filled and bored people filled market is no more so I will definitely will not make any many lucky if I break even.

Image not available

1024x576

1683526104989187.jpg

Anonymous No. 153110

>>153099
Just eat the loss, the longer you wait the less it will sell for.
Clowns like this guy had the bike up nearly a year and still not sold because he thinks it's worth what he paid kek https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3468163/

Anonymous No. 153111

>>153110
What an atrocity. I want to see if what he looks like matches his poor taste in bikes

Anonymous No. 153114

>>153111
I know right, what's with people doing these insane sticker creations on their bikes. The ebike community is filled with this shit. I can't find the pic I was looking for as example, presumably because the guy got so much shit for it he took the pic down..but he had fully wrapped his bike as "sons of anarchy"

Anonymous No. 153115

>>153110

Good lord. I'm really glad I saw this because I was considering going a little flashier with wheel decals for my Yeti Arc build. I'll keep it minimal like with my other bikes.

Image not available

1024x931

p5pb24306228.jpg

Anonymous No. 153137

>>153115
That guy just loaded up on aliexpress knockoff stickers, and the colors aren't even consistent. It will be fine if you don't have millions of chinese stickers, stick with colors 2-3 max, and the colors actually match properly.

Anonymous No. 153141

>>152727
>>152732
rode some trails today. Heat index said 115F. Kept hydration and rested for a few minutes once heart rate got to 175bpm and I was fine.

Anonymous No. 153150

>>152871
I'm a newbie and I never use the dropper post on my bike. I ride in New England and it's not really like uphill then downhill, it's just kinda up and down. How do I know when it's time to drop it?

Anonymous No. 153153

>>153114
Probably because the ebike community is filled with tubby middle aged dudes who want to relive the 90s. A nice bike is supposed to have highlights, not be a kaleidoscope eyesore

Anonymous No. 153177

>>153153
my local mtb community has some really whiny middle aged emtb riders. Every week, one of them makes a post in the regional facebook group about how he's still a real man because some "amish biker" called him a cheater or something along those lines. It's basically that 4chan meme of a guy getting some lighthearted ribbing out in public then comes home and writes an angry post where he blows everything out of proportion.
Worst thing I've ever said to an eMTBer was when one of them asked me for directions and I said something like "it's a long climb but you're on an ebike so don't worry about it"

Image not available

640x559

1674212335187786.jpg

Anonymous No. 153183

>>153177
>one of them makes a post in the regional facebook group about how he's still a real man
fucking kek. Literally why I never join groups for my hobbies. I'll inevitably get into an argument with several people and get banned anyway, so what would be the point. I already do enough of that on 4chan. The young guys who emtb for pseudo-moto/surron vibes are alright tho
We saw a guy climbing Creekside after the lift had shut down for the night

Image not available

4032x2268

16877499875218570....jpg

Anonymous No. 153191

Mtb it's just attracted huge level of participation from all these Johnny and Jane come late please. They figure dropping 10 grand on an electric bike puts them on the same level as a guy buys a 4,000 one but it's spent the last 20 years cycling regularly. And contributing to building local trails. These wannabes are just so annoying here in squamish.

And I agree with a lot of the thoughts here that people are getting oversold on what they should pay for a bike. The most I ever spent on a bike was about $3,600 for my last one in 2018, a brand new s6Fattie from specialized.

Our local brands are not really local anymore like Rocky mountain. There's no effing way in hell I'm going to spend $14,000 on a bicycle will be a scratch that piece of garbage in 2 years with worn out linkages. And nowadays you have to spend somewhere around 6,000 or more to get at least some really good suspension components like Fox shocks instead of these name brand components made me lowest possible bitter from some Chinese company.

And don't get me started on SORCA here in town. There's so many new members to this that he crowded out all the people that actually built that group up from nothing. And around locally to do all the work on the trails. As a former member of sprockets, I did over $10,000 of volunteer work building trails on the sunshine coast, helping host events doing race marshalling etc. And then getting a paid job as well to build trails at the other end for the Suncoast Trail Society.

The filthy casuals are the ones that ruin Sports and mountain biking is no different now. All I can hope for is that they'll lose interest get distracted by some other Hobby and then toss their bike in their storage unit working collect dust for the next 5 years before they sell it at the garage sale for 10 cents on the dollar. Or it gets stolen by the local druggies in Vancouver because they lock it in there parking garage in a chain link fence enclosure that can be defeated with grinder.

Image not available

2576x1932

20210421_063811.jpg

Anonymous No. 153193

>>153150
Use my dropper post semi regularly on the steepest stuff but generally not. I've been a cyclist in the mountain biking Community since the mid 80s. I haven't dropped my post on those. This latest bike is the first one I've had one with.

>>153137
Yeah that's a pretty gaudy bike but there's some really nice mountain bikes that came with Classic paint jobs like the Klein Adroit or a bike I'm restoring a classic Brodie tricolor fade Cruzado, 1 of 8 he built.

>>153110
Pinkbike is an abomination of its former self. I know former CEO Karl Burkat personally and ride with him. He currently lives just up the road from Quest University about 600 M from the trailhead on Garibaldi Mountain Park

Pic related this is a classic Rocky Mountain Stratos from 19 88 I think. Paid $250 bucks for it only thing wrong was the guy took off a couple of the chain rings to turn it into a single speed cuz he didn't know how to adjust the shifter. Bike is about 98% of mint

Anonymous No. 153194

>>153177
There's always these people that come along in a sport and think after a year or so they know everything. I got lectured by some girl who thought I didn't know how to secure a front quick release. I've been cycling for nearly 40 years and even with a front axle broken and the quick release just holding it together the wheel didn't come off. And I've crashed my road bike into straw bales and taco the front wheel and break well didn't come off that time either. It's like that philosopher said a little learning is a dangerous thing. When I talked to her or tried to at least she called me a mansplainer like that that was the ultimate insult, and I went and called her a twat in front of the other people in the group ride and got censured

Anonymous No. 153202

>>153191
I thought about volunteering to maintain trails simply because I'm bored on the weekends, but then I fall back on being too lazy to go through the logistics of actually volunteering. If someone drags me along in a group chat, I'd probably have fun with it since I like hiking too
>All I can hope for is that they'll lose interest get distracted by some other Hobby and then toss their bike in their storage unit working collect dust for the next 5 years
Yeah its too bad all the ebikers are the ones who'll only do XC level trails, never send crazy shit, and therefore will never be permanently erased from the sport

Image not available

629x781

1669894342884526.jpg

Anonymous No. 153206

the only social media where i regularly post and share my post is this mongolian phone scamming forum. dunno what you lads even make any comments in public social media. might be my paranoia knowing how people has been doxxed in the past, and awareness of the osint practices. anyway the point is that i hope this general survives because i have no one else to talk to and appreciate the hobby unless its with you nameless retards

Image not available

1600x1200

most sane yeti ow....jpg

Anonymous No. 153229

>>153115
just found this on ebay kek, here's some inspiration (somehow it's stock)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175413140274?

Anonymous No. 153248

>>153191
Why so elitist, no need to gatekeep. More people riding is better for the sport, I genuinely don't understand your attitude. Perhaps road cycling would be more your speed.

Anonymous No. 153255

>>153191
I think I would categorize in two part 3/4 are old farts and the last 1/4 are old school freeriders. My excolleague is in the 1/4 and he is used to trowing around those heavy machines. And he thinks that most e bikes are useless because they are not capable machines. He praises husquarna ebikes and always complains about the old farts with gizmos and doohickey on their e bikes.

Anonymous No. 153257

>>153206
Mine is here, mtbr and especially pinkbike comment section.

Anonymous No. 153260

>>153255
do you guys live somewhere with uplift? ebikes just mean you don't waste time and energy climbing. they handle almost identically to acoustic bikes, if anything the weight actually helps descending and cornering. they don't jump as well and that's it.

Anonymous No. 153261

>>153248
Anon, filthy casuals are never good in any sport or hobby. Or anything really. Especially rich filthy casuals

Anonymous No. 153265

>>153261
99% of riders in my area are filthy casuals, ebike or not. They top of the line bikes with gay little matching outfits like their roadie kin. I could mostly keep up as a beginner on my $500 hard tail but I still don't understand the hate for old people, casuals, newcomers etc.
>more people buying bikes - more innovation, better availability and cheaper bikes and parts
>more people riding - more trails
I prefer quiet hidden singletrack to the popular tourist trails myself but there are so many new tracks and trail centers being built, it's good overall. Ebikes are extremely based and I'm guessing the hatred there is just poorfags coping

Anonymous No. 153266

>>153260
no i dont live somewhere with up lift but most ebikers are just lazy people that ruin good trails they convinced the mayor to build more flow trails because muh natural is too hard.I dont have issue with ebikes i just dont like their owners.

Image not available

576x1024

american norf fc.webm

Anonymous No. 153268

>>153260
>ebikes just mean you don't waste time and energy climbing
is this the reason most ebikers I see are melon shaped?

Image not available

1022x925

1683263293428459.jpg

Anonymous No. 153270

>>153265
>Ebikes are extremely based
They are only based if they tow you

Anonymous No. 153291

>lives in squamish
>hatred for 10k ebike fags, casuals, newfags rivals hatred for nignogs
>gatekeeps mtb
>makes 2020 mtb redditors seethe

Chad.jpg as image limit reached
Post bike so we judge.

I'm not bothered too much by ebikers or new riders. Most trails I ride are somewhat tech so I rarely encounter them + I ride in wagie hours or late in the day. What I dislike about casuals/newfags is that when I go to the bikeshop for some shit there's 10 retarded homosexuals in a line because their brake feels spongy or need a new tire installed. What I really hate is the homosexual anglosaxon getting all condescending in forums and claim that the riding going up has the priority. Nah nigga, I'm plowing. But again, my trails can't really be climbed at all so I'm whining on something that doesn't affect me.

Anonymous No. 153294

>>153291
riding up is just means to the end I only like it because I get to enjoy nature

Anonymous No. 153296

>>153229
That is a limited edition 35th anniversary frame and it actually is stock. I'd be into it if I was a Yeti fanboy, but alas, I am only a regular fan

Anonymous No. 153298

>>153291
Based wagie hour rider. Only time of day worth riding imo. Not sure about your parts, but around here, squids have ruined the sport for quite a few years
>Be in onterrible
>Outdoor culture is pretty shit and land managers are spineless retards
>Retarded kid with lawyer parents decides to hit bike park
>Hits 20' jump he has no business even being in the presence of
>Becomes quadriplegic
>Parents sue the shit out of bike park
>Insurance companies lose their shit and require all jumps on sanctioned trails be removed
>Land owners capitulate and remove all jumps
Things are getting better again, but it was pretty grim going to a bike park with no jumps. After they did put jumps back in, they had riders do a test on a small jump to get a special sticker for their park pass, and a wagie sat at the head of the jump trails to check for the sticker before letting riders enter kek. Every now and then there are also retards that "improve" the trails by removing rocks and features from the trails that they deem dangerous

Anonymous No. 153302

>>153298
>Based wagie hour rider. Only time of day worth riding imo
I did that once when I was in between jobs and I've never seen so many seniors walking dogs. Weekdays after work, but before all the after-work riders get there have usually been my best times

>Every now and then there are also retards that "improve" the trails by removing rocks and features from the trails that they deem dangerous
one of the roots got removed from a technical climbing trail I like to ride. I know it's because it's in a really tight spot and it's hard to clear without putting a foot down. What a fucking bitch ass move. For the record, this isn't on a really hard feature that people session, this is just one root that disrupts the flow between two short smooth parts. The trail builders are pissed because this is likely to kill the tree and removing it is going to be a ton of work. Part of me thinks it may be the faggot who showed up illegally on a Surron and was caught on video humiliating himself by riding the flow trail poorly and rolled down it after he fell off his bike. That little root isn't a big deal on a mtb, but a shitty surron rider would have a lot of trouble with it.

Anonymous No. 153305

>>153291
Fuck you, WE put in the work over 3 decades. Between me, Glen, Graham McD, Rod and Tanya (the latter being a past president of Cycling BC), Doug Detwiller, we built trails like 102, 103, Sidewinder, Stinger, Pressure Drop, Rocky Mountain Luge, Red Baron and Cunning Stunts. Glen, with Paul Brodie built and did the work needed for the original Test of Metal race on the Sunshine Coast.

Back when it was an "outlaw" sport with assholes going onto private/Crown lands to illegally build dangerous stuff, we did the paperwork to get trails legally recognized so that logging companies have to put the trails back in working order. We built safe bridges and jumps so people would have a safe experience.

Building trails in the pissing rain in the middle of nowhere, giving directions to assholes too cheap to buy the map book my friend plotted and got printed, and then having Trailforks STEAL his hard work.

Getting money and machine time to get parks built to give kids/newbies a place to practice.

Now the industry just wants to piggyback off of others hard work. And a lot of "riders" have that same smug attitude

Anonymous No. 153307

>>153305
>seething reddit spacing boomer gatekeeper

Anonymous No. 153309

>>153305
Why is it directed at me nigga?

Anonymous No. 153315

>>153298
>lawsuits
Another thing about homosexual anglosaxons, their litigious society. At least the trails didn't close. Mt. Hood skibowl closed down due to some dude hitting a post well at the side of the trail.

Anonymous No. 153316

>>153309
the trail janny's rage is uncontrollable. He builds trails because it's the only feeling of control and power he has.
Jokes aside, one of the trail jannies in my area is SEETHING and went on a big tirade because BKXC didn't reach out to him when he came to ride a "new" trail system that was previously illegal but was just made legal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyd2O7wAM4Q
The guy is extremely butthurt that BKXC reached out to one of the mods of the largest regional facebook group instead of hunting down some no-name trail builder.
You guys are lucky you don't live in population dense regions. We have a ton of trails here, but there are a lot more hikers and equestrians than riders here

Anonymous No. 153326

>>153316
>SEETHING and went on a big tirad
Post seething kek. I tried to see on yt comments but nothing.

Anonymous No. 153335

>>153326
It seems like he deleted his controversial posts and left the group, the commenter in that video "chuck davis" is that guy but he's being civil. All I could find was a post from a different guy whining about nobody showing up to a dig day that wasn't advertised and was poorly planned.
The bike park I like riding my DJ at recently tried to get volunteers to come fix the park, but they did such a shit job of it and only gave a 24 hr notice. It's pathetic this park can't get its act together because you have to pay to park, you have to pay to enter the park, and they expect volunteers to come do all the work. The fees are entrance fees, they don't even go to park maintenance since the park is run by the city. They don't even have food and drinks for the volunteers like other free parks in the state do which are much better maintained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ich-sU4Ldk
I'd like to keep my DJ, but I haven't ridden it since last November since this park can't get its shit together. There is a pump track at my usual mtb park, but it's not the same and I'd rather ride the trails

🗑️ Anonymous No. 153348

>>153316
>It seems like he deleted his controversial posts and left the group
God I love facebook groups for the retards they attract. I remember during the scamdemic lockdowns some guy posted a mildly sexual joke about dropper posts to the mtb group for the province, and it turned into a 100+ comment thread of retards screeching about muh sexism that spawned several other posts and an entirely new facebook group for everyone that got butthurt kek. I'll have to see if I can find it again and get some screenshots if it hasn't been deleted

Anonymous No. 153349

>>153335
>It seems like he deleted his controversial posts and left the group
God I love facebook groups for the retards they attract. I remember during the scamdemic lockdowns some guy posted a mildly sexual joke about dropper posts to the mtb group for the province, and it turned into a 100+ comment thread of retards screeching about muh sexism that spawned several other posts and an entirely new facebook group for everyone that got butthurt kek. I'll have to see if I can find it again and get some screenshots if it hasn't been deleted

Anonymous No. 153352

new thread since this one reached the image and bump limits
>>153351

Anonymous No. 153365

>>153255
I think is funny he praises husky ebikes when their rear suspension linkage is borrowed from a 20 year old kona

Anonymous No. 153430

>>153307
I just know how to properly space my work out into your coherent thoughts. How about you?

>>153309
Why not,?

Anonymous No. 153455

>>153365
I looked at a Kona break very briefly years ago that one of their original dealers, Deep Cove cycle. The bikes were heavy over built like they were trying to come up with some kind of new suspension design because they didn't want to pay money for approving patented design. And from what I see of those bikes virtually none of them are still being ridden 10 years later which says something about them

Anonymous No. 153467

>>153305
Okay trail boomer janny. I appreciate the work you do, and mtb in the region near you wouldn't be the same without it. But you have to learn to chill the fuck out. I agree that a little gatekeeping is good for the community but at the end of the day more people doing the sport even casuals will eventually lead to more and better trails.

Just have fun man. That's all this ever is about. If not go find a different hobby other than riding and bitching online

Anonymous No. 153595

>>153467
It must be nice to be a condescending piece of shit like you are, never having done the hard work it takes to get these Sports off the ground and then watch all these people just rushing and turn it into crap.