Image not available

2040x1536

PXL_20220117_2245....jpg

🧵 /MTB/ Mountain Bike General

Anonymous No. 153351

The Great Outdoors edition:
Outdoorsy? Nah, they just don't make buildings with rock gardens and flow trails in them

FAQ on buying a bike that nobody reads anyway:
> What good bike can I get for under $500?
a stolen bike. Possibly a newer used entry level hardtail but don't expect it to survive rock gardens, jumps, or drops. Or an older mtb which won't be as good as newer ones and will still have a front derailleur, but it'll be good enough.
> What good bike can I get for under $1000
Good used hardtail, new entry level hardtail
> What good bike can I get for under $2000?
New Hardtail, decent used full suspension
> What good bike can I get for under $3000?
Used full suspension, decent entry level full suspension but prepared to put more money into it.
> What are the excellent value brands?
Marin, Commencal, Canyon, Polygon, YT, Propain, Kona, and many more. Sometimes the expensive brands have an excellent value bike
> What are the differences between an XC, Trail, Enduro, and Downhill bikes?
XC bikes are for going up fast, go down not as fast. Trail bikes are for going up and down. Enduro bikes are for going down fast, and slower up. Downhill bikes are for going down really fast, needs a ski lift, truck, or the rider pushing it to go up.

Link to previous thread:
>>150179

Image not available

728x604

pro pain.jpg

Anonymous No. 153354

nth for fuck headset cable routing forever

Image not available

3024x4032

20230626_125815_e....jpg

Anonymous No. 153363

It's finally rained for the first time in what seems like forever in the UK and riding is currently much more enjoyable when there is some grip, instead of constantly being on edge incase I accidentally wash the front end.
I saw a thread or two back about another anon not liking a conti kryptotal rear in enduro casing at 23 psi and so far I've had no issues but it could be that I'm a lighter rider, 59kg, and am not regularly riding fast and rocky trails but more local trails which last from 20 seconds to a minute. I also got a front in DH casing and have no complaints whatsoever. Both say they are made in jermany which means I could have been lucky.

Anonymous No. 153376

>>153265
>>They top of the line bikes with gay little matching outfits like their roadie kin
I have never seen this, but I don't pay attention to dadfags and "I only ride in groups", yet I don't doubt it one bit.
>buy a bunch of jerseys n shit when I started because they were on sale
>realize mtb clothing is actually an even better fit for my frame than surf/skate wear is
>keep wanting to buy more
>>more people buying bikes - more innovation, better availability and cheaper bikes and parts
More people riding makes demand for parts and prices go up ya dingus. learn2economics
Also, what innovation is there recently that isn't just shaving hairs or making something pointlessly expensive?

Image not available

3072x4080

PXL_20230626_2359....jpg

Anonymous No. 153382

>>153376
I've actually been buying clothing I can wear on the bike and to work. Competitive Cyclist had a big discount on those types of jerseys a few months ago so I bought a lot of these types of button up jerseys.
In fact, I've been so spoiled by all the high tech clothing I wear for riding that all the casual clothing I buy now is moisture wicking tech wear. I can't go back to regular cotton clothing, the features that make them great for riding make them even better for wearing out in public since the shirts have extra stash pockets. A few months ago, my friend was drunk and spilled some water on me, and it rolled off my jacket onto my pants, then rolled off my pants onto his carpet.
686 makes really good tech wear, some of it made specifically for riding, but it's all really expensive so I recommend waiting for sales since they always have steep discounts

Anonymous No. 153383

>>153382
also want to add that KETL shorts are all really good and you can wear them out in public and look like a normal human being. I buy a lot of things from worldwide cyclery so I have a lot of coupons for them. I unfortunately can't wear them to work since shorts violate lab protocol and Carmine that says that the Don doesn't wear shorts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1vGSdNVRko

Anonymous No. 153384

>>153382
Yeah I would buy more stuff from WC but I'm north of the border so shipping always factors in. Plus without a coupon
>75 dorrah for shorts
Nope. I did it once and probably won't do it again

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230627_0019....jpg

Anonymous No. 153385

>>153384
Then enjoy the $30 off.
If anyone else uses a coupon, let me know which one so I can toss out the card.

Image not available

2048x2730

168749879458753668.jpg

Anonymous No. 153386

>>153376
I obviously don't know what it's like in other parts of the world, but in NZ all the newbies flooding into the sport has been fucking excellent for raising funds for trail building. Yes, most of the new trails being built with all this money are gay AF machine cut grade 3 flow trails, but the extra infrastructure that comes with them is so fucking good. One of the parks I usually ride at (makara peak, known for rocky tech at the top and janky flow at the bottom) has got a toilet block at the carpark now with a hot shower in it. And it's free. So you go riding, get freezing cold and covered in mud and wash yourself off and get warm again. It's the fucking best. AND they have just installed drinkable water taps at the top. None of this would have happened without the sport blowing up over the last 5 years. Pic is not at the park I'm talking about, but it is a new trail in my town that wouldn't have been built if not for the sheer number of newfags riding.

Anonymous No. 153387

>>153385
I forgot how glitchy the prices are if you're browsing in CAD. The shorts are actually $100.
I really need to renew my passport so I can go pick things up over there

Anonymous No. 153393

>>153386
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCM7SlanF_4
Like vid related?
I agree, needs more sendature

Anonymous No. 153408

>>153393 yeah that's one of the more flowy trails down from the summit, another recently built one is mid pohatu which is still machine cut but has some cool features in it.. Recently I have been riding vertigo a bit more which is one of the OG downhill trails in that park and scares me a bit and I like that.

Anonymous No. 153411

>>153393
> overshoot berm
> fly off the cliff
that trail doesn't look hard, but holy shit you can't afford to make any mistakes on that.
Looks really fun. I bought an EVOC bike bag I planned to use for a business trip to Arizona and Texas last year but my plans changed so I didn't use it. I should go to New Zealand once I can stop spending my money on bikes

Anonymous No. 153422

>>153411
You should, il take a couple days off and show you some trails. November to march is probably the best riding weather.

Image not available

1814x3225

20230627_193135.jpg

Anonymous No. 153462

>Bought refresh kit to service stamps as bearing are kill and pedals rattle
>stripped the screw head
Fug
>screw tightened to 6 gorillion N.M
>torx wrench is literally 4cm long
Fucking hate Torx niggers. The brothers Crank are homosexuals and will die of AIDs and monkypoxx

Anonymous No. 153463

>>153462
Don't use chink wrenches, dummy.

Anonymous No. 153465

Kek, listen to the pedal when I spin it
https://voca.ro/1dtSLoFuAVsc
The absolute state. No wonder they lock up after I ride in mud.
>>153463
I'm using the gay torx wrench thats included in the gaybrothers service kit.

Anonymous No. 153487

>>153422
Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. I'll try to accrue the money and vacation time to do that trip someday.

Anonymous No. 153503

how's pedal kickback with the onyx hubs instant engagement? Thought about the dtswiss 350 which have 36(same as my shimano hub) PoE but the kit to 54T is ~70€ which would put it more expensive than the spank hub. On the spank, its 109 poe, I don't know if I should worry about pedal kickback during hard braking. I want more poe but I don't know is such a high poe will be a hindrance on the descent. Or is it a meme as you descend on small cogs?

Image not available

3072x4080

PXL_20230408_0055....jpg

Anonymous No. 153507

>>153503
Never noticed it and I'm on a single pivot frame(EVIL Wreckoning V3) which is supposed to have higher kickback than other suspension linkages. I never noticed it on my EVIL Following MB either that is on i9 1/1 hubs which are also high engagement. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I've never been in a situation where I could feel my pedals pushing up enough to negatively impact my riding whether I'm going fast or slow with big compressions.
https://youtu.be/XGxYZ9Rh2t4

Anonymous No. 153539

>>153408
Watched the video of vertigo. Doesn't seem too bad at all. How is it compared to duffman if you've ever ridden in canada? Did duffman as the last trail on our week there and I wasn't expecting the yuge features on a single diamond. I chickened out of the first 8-9ft vertical rock roll, but I did the second 7fter

Anonymous No. 153542

>>153351
I have an old Nishiki Colorado mountain bike I bought in 2010 for $280. I rode it alot on streets and local hills for outdoor exercise until I got a much better bike for bike parks. What do I do with it now I don't need it? Its pretty used up and crappy by today's standards for super basic bike.

Anonymous No. 153549

>>153542

If you have a bike co-op locally you could give it to them, otherwise probably nobody wants it. You could hang onto it as a loaner or put it on the curb with a "free" sign

Anonymous No. 153556

>>153465
>disposable wrench that comes with kit
>chinkshit
same thing

Anonymous No. 153568

>>153539
Nah I haven't been there, it's definitely on the radar. Probably in the next two years but I want to buy another bike first. Probably just hit the really known places like whistler and squamash idk where else I'd like to do a couple of weeks there

Anonymous No. 153580

>>153507
>yt video
>affects slow compressions and braking
This is where I'll feel the pedal kickback the most. On slow steep stuff

Image not available

604x604

1687811482814555.png

Anonymous No. 153581

>>153462
time to buy some better pedals, the metal nukeproof horizon ones are grippy and cheap at the moment
also no torx for hamfisted mechanics to strip

Anonymous No. 153594

>>153568
Hit up all of BC. There are like 3 bike parks and probably another 5 places to ride around the okanagan

Image not available

1080x1920

DiosmioelGORDOFAT....webm

Anonymous No. 153627

>>153581
The look good but they are small(100x100mm), the stamps in L are 114x111mm. It was the reason I went with these, my feet are big as I'm not a woman and felt the outer foot falling off and shoe curving inward + they were not expensive. Chromag's 'shin destroyer' Daggas would've been my choice but 180€, kek

Anonymous No. 153671

>>153462
dude just wait till you work on magura brakes all plastic shitty screws stupid bleeding and every goddamn screw is a torx even the bleed screw is plastic

Anonymous No. 153694

>>153671
stripping the bleed screw on a magura lever is a right of passage.
> mfw bought magura MT trails for my hardtail build because I don't need big ass hayes dominion A4s for this build and because they were only $150 for the set
I need to get that plastic 0.5 N-m torque wrench magura started shipping with their higher end brakes because people kept destroying the bleed screw and levers. I wonder if they made them out of plastic because the bean counters figured out that brakes usually get damaged in OTB crashes, and you're likely to go OTB with Magura due to them grabbing really hard immediately, so they think people will buy a new pair of Maguras instead of buying literally anyone else that uses metal levers.

Anonymous No. 153696

>>153694
Just finger tight is what i´ve been told by my colleague but if you don´t over tighten your brakes to handle bars then you don´t destroy them in OTB. Also it´s funny thing trying to get that stripped screw on a customer bike

Image not available

354x286

vibe.gif

Anonymous No. 153702

>>153351
THREAD CHALLENGE:
Post some music you like listening to while grinding up a climb, and other anons guess what bike you ride.

For me it's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-NaEj2dQ0

>>153594
>Hit up all of BC.
Just avoid the homeless favelas near the larger cities. Kamloops is an underrated place to go I'd say. Ended up meeting Reece Wallace, and saw Graham Agassiz and Brandon Semenuk practicing for rampage at the bike ranch while I was on a biking trip there

Image not available

2420x1364

2023-06-28 18_57_....png

Anonymous No. 153704

>getting my first MTB in 2 days.

I'm so damn excited. I don't want to splurge on upgrades just yet, but what are 2 main upgrades I should consider on a Specialized Rockhopper Sport?

I've also been learning more about MTB tourism which has me pretty stoked to consider going abroad in the far future if I really get into it. Just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk5JE7MNPuQ

Anonymous No. 153712

>>153702
>Just avoid the homeless favelas near the larger cities
I walked through hastings and main last year and rather loudly asked why they all set up tents in the city instead of in the mountains like you're supposed to

Anonymous No. 153741

Did my first ride since last monday since I got sick. Felt really miserable pedalling. I hope I get over it during the long weekend.

>>153704
Dropper post. When I first got into it, that was the first upgrade I did and it's so great. Even if you're not getting big descents, it's still a big improvement when descending.
After that, just upgrade whatever you feel needs upgrading, usually ends up being the brakes and tires.

Anonymous No. 153753

>>153712
I should say the same for any of you overseas people wanting to come ride in Rotorua. It's a town full of niggers, a couple of failed (or successful, depending on how you look at it) government programs have led to them migrating en masse into Rotorua to live in free, government supplied, motels and hotels. If you leave your bike on the outside of your car, no matter how well locked on it is, it will be stolen. Guaranteed. Even a good quality lock is no match for a good quality (stolen) grinder. So anyone coming here to ride would do well to stay in either taupo or Tauranga instead.

Anonymous No. 153754

>>153753
As long as you stay in one of the places where you get your own cabin its fine. Just wheel your bike inside.

Otherwise you can try Rotorua Central Backpackers, it's literally opposite the police station. Make sure your bike is flat and covered in your car

I shall return there in the next month inshallah
My injury is nearly healed, first ride back at Woodhill this weekend

Image not available

773x607

1683344854479405.jpg

Anonymous No. 153785

>>153702
>homeless favelas near the larger cities
why is this even a problem, i thought it was isolated to the liberal hellscape cities of the usa

Anonymous No. 153794

>>153785
Canada is more liberal than the US, because we're still spiritually a bong colony and our people are retarded. The pajeets streaming and voting for jagmeet or trudeau don't help

Image not available

708x480

1668083364297767.jpg

Anonymous No. 153795

>bike shop couldn't remove the fucked Torx screw
Fuck gaybrothers and their gay Torx screw.
And you can't even use a drill to fuck the screw open. Gonna contact Gaybros and see if their warranty covers it

Image not available

480x270

1669245087410791.webm

Anonymous No. 153828

Should've just bought a new pair at 44€....
I already paid 33€ on new pins + the kit and would've paid 20€ for the change as I don't have a blind bearing puller

Image not available

1500x2000

hhhehe.jpg

Anonymous No. 153884

>>153828
kek at least you can use the pins on your new set, perhaps try to undo that torx before they seize

Image not available

932x850

1677043533226203.jpg

Anonymous No. 153917

>>153828
>tfw my stamps have a phillips head
>I don't know if this is better or worse

Anonymous No. 153935

>>153462
>stamp 3
>>153795
Should have splurged on the Stamp 7

Anonymous No. 153959

I know a lot of you guys prefer to ride solo or don't have good people skills, but I really recommend you guys just be chill and try to be friendly with your fellow riders. I've made a lot of friends on the trails and many of them have been very great people to know. Aside from just being fun to ride with, there are practical benefits to having the friends that I've made. Some of them have EMT experience so they can save my ass if shit goes bad, others are able to get bike parts at cost or even for free, and others end up being great professional contacts. Also a great way to learn about new trails.
I wish I met that guy who gets the parts wholesale earlier. Sure would have saved me a lot of money on my builds.

Anyway, I'm riding solo this weekend since everyone has other plans. I hope I don't encounter a rattlesnake in this area again.

Image not available

960x679

1644184737403.jpg

Anonymous No. 153962

>>153795
>>153828
You had to learn about crankniggers reliability one way or another, fren.
>>153959
I ride with people all the time. I come here because most online communities are full of insufferable retards and shills. Plus, I can have fun and say the nigger word with (you) guys here

Image not available

1200x1600

20230630_082035.jpg

Anonymous No. 153974

>>153959
>I know a lot of you guys prefer to ride solo or don't have good people skills
the amount of time wasting and mechanicals that goes on with group rides is an absolute pain, I just wanna BIKE

Anonymous No. 153981

>>153959
T-thanks you t-too

Image not available

680x395

postsostupid.jpg

Anonymous No. 154028

>>153974
A few of the people I've ridden with neglect bike maintenance and have slowed things down but when you're the one having a mechanical, it's good when one of the guys you ride with is a professional bike mechanic and knows something you don't. I always pull over to help random riders with their mechanical issues anyway so it doesn't bother me.
How big are your group rides? If I'm not riding alone, it's usually with 1 or 2 other people. I avoid larger groups because it gets harder to coordinate that many people and then too much dust gets kicked up when going downhill.

>>153962
>I come here because most online communities are full of insufferable retards and shills
the larger facebook ones are so bad. There was a post about a biker on hiker collision this week and there were some really shit takes in there. One was made by an illiterate white guy Who Capitalizes The First Letter In Every Word and he had some atrocious spelling for someone who likely never left the US, I couldn't even get through his wall of text. Another guy said bikes don't need bells and you don't have to call out because bikes are loud. It's a very PC group so I wasn't going to call the guy a mongoloid for thinking that everyone off the bike can hear his bike with the same volume he can when he's on it.

Anonymous No. 154045

>>154028
>Another guy said bikes don't need bells and you don't have to call out because bikes are loud
He has a point if you're using I9s or something. Onyx stealthfags or OEM hubbers are more dangerous to hikers (not that I care)

Image not available

640x800

1645689743945.webm

Anonymous No. 154062

>>154045
I have i9 and onyx hubs. The i9s are not loud enough for hikers. They sound loud as fuck when you're on the bike, but they're not loud enough to act as an early warning for hikers lost in thought or talking to each other. I still wonder why I got Onyx hubs since I knew I was going to ride with my bell on all the time anyway. There aren't many bikes only-one direction trails here. The experienced hobbyist hikers are aware of their surroundings and have proper etiquette, but I'm worried about the normie hikers and the ones with noise cancelling headphones on.
There was this time I was bombing down a black trail(really a blue with a rock garden) and there was this big booty asian going down it and she couldn't hear me at all no matter how much I was yelling because she had headphones on. If it weren't for the sight of those sweaty juicy cheeks clapping in those leggings on every step on that rutted trail, I would have been very upset instead of annoyed and horny.

Anonymous No. 154069

Hi everyone get sick of the gravel bikers just cruising around on their little drop bar bastard machines pretending they're all tough and stuff. Where did people get the idea that drop bars are proper set of bars if you're going anywhere off pavement? I blame the cyclocross Bunch for this. You need Leverage when you're riding a bike in anything off pavement.

Anonymous No. 154070

>>154028
I can't stand people who don't maintain bicycles come on oil the chain once in a while make sure the derailleur in the gearing is adjusted properly. Carry a master Linker 3 with you know how to maintain your machine. 70 to 100 bucks will get you all the tools you need to do this. I cannot stand these people that don't even bother to oil their chain once in a while squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak f*** it is annoying people

Anonymous No. 154077

>>154069
To be fair they’re now 650mm wide and like 45° flare

Image not available

512x512

1681252688098325.png

Anonymous No. 154081

>>154062
>If it weren't for the sight of those sweaty juicy cheeks clapping in those leggings on every step on that rutted trail, I would have been very upset instead of annoyed and horny
Why didn't you strike a conversation? Fake a fall or something

Image not available

768x1020

PXL_20220202_0204....jpg

Anonymous No. 154086

>>154069
It actually feels more stable in the drops since you have a lower position, at least that's my experience. I don't usually ride the same singletrack with my MTBs and gravel bike but a gravel bike makes the really easy green trails exciting and worth riding. The trails closest to my house are too easy to bother with the mountain bikes, but the short wheelbase and fixed suspension of my gravel bike make them feel really exciting and rough. Also much faster on the paved and unpaved roads between the trails.
There is only one trail(it's rated a blue but it's more of a green) I've ridden with my gravel bike, trail bike, and enduro bike. In terms of performance, the trail bike is definitely the fastest one on that trail, but the gravel bike was a ton of fun and really changed up the way I rode it. With the much shorter wheelbase, I was faster through the tightest turns and the smooth parts were more exciting since I'm on a a really fast aero gravel bike. I was also passing MTBers on the climbs and descents. This is a flowy trail so a suspension doesn't offer much of a benefit through most of it but a long wheelbase does offer more stability.

>>154081
A fake fall would have been a real fall on that trail and it just would have emasculated me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5qon5rbeNU

Anonymous No. 154104

>>153962
>the old timbit box design
holy soul

>>153959
I'm actually really looking forward to making friends through biking.

Anonymous No. 154203

>>154062
Honestly it seems insane that you guys share trails with hikers and horses. What are the hikers thinking when they come across a jump or a feature? "Oh this is for me! This 6 foot step down is totally something that's been put on this trail for me to use."

Anonymous No. 154210

>>154062
Even my DT 240s are pretty loud. I can hear the roadies riding past my place halfway down the block

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230701_1630....jpg

Anonymous No. 154277

First ride with the Michelin Wild AM in the front and Force AM in the rear. I can't see myself going back to Maxxis Minions when these exist. Experienced no slipping unless I was doing some really hard braking on dry leaves over dust over hard, and even then, it was very minor and only in the rear. So far, these have handled redwood forests great and the soil was mostly dry, they even did great on chunky sandstone. The tires aren't the best for mud but most tires aren't. I expect these to be also be great on dry exposed trails. They're very stable under fast cornering and hard braking. I'm very happy with these tires and I think I'll go with a Wild AM rear tire for the winter.

>>154203
I have no idea because some of these trails are extremely difficult to climb up without a bike and are obviously not your typical walkable trails. I'm not expecting to ever get DH only trails here at some parks, but putting signs up at trailheads and the exits would solve a lot of issues. A lot of these hikers just appear completely surprised to see a bike and aren't expecting them. Just a sign that says "Be Aware: Popular downhill mountain bike trail" would help a lot. Even though equestrians are everywhere and they always come out to fight MTB access, encounters with them are extremely rare and I only see them at one park and only on the wide multi use trail. The park I frequently ride has a horse arena, but I've only seen horses there once and it was for some event

Image not available

238x249

1688155756632012.png

Anonymous No. 154330

>>154203
>What are the hikers thinking when they come across a jump or a feature? "Oh this is for me! This 6 foot step down is totally something that's been put on this trail for me to use."
NTA, but I think the problem is that mountain biking is not widely recognized as a sport around here, so it doesn't even cross people's minds that people could ride bikes on anything more challenging than a sidewalk. The trails around where I am are mostly "mixed use" but they'll be bermed out and have jumps. I've seen trail runners try to use the berms kek. Even at the former bike park around here, you'd get random retards trying to hike up jump trails despite there being signs at every trail entrance saying no hiking.

Anonymous No. 154367

>>154330
I used to be that random retard myself.
Live in a big MTB area but didn't touch bikes for my teens and twenties. Ended up wandering onto trails all the time in hindsight.

Image not available

2704x1520

2023-07-02-19h05m....jpg

Anonymous No. 154391

>>154210
>Even my DT 240s are pretty loud. I can hear the roadies riding past my place halfway down the block
put some grease in them faget they get loud with zero maintenance

Anonymous No. 154395

on the topic of hub sounds, I did a road climb a few weeks ago and some guy going downhill had a hub that sounded like a whistle or a Stuka. It was really cool but I wasn't going to turn around and chase the guy back down the road to ask him what hub he had. I've never heard a hub sound like that. Loud hubs always sound like some variation of angry bees due to the pawls or ratchets making contact

Image not available

687x916

20230629_163832.jpg

Anonymous No. 154396

>>154395
chris kang maybe

Anonymous No. 154408

>>154391
Hot. I thought you would be going in late july/august. Where's that btw? Are yoh gonna post footage
Wanted to go to 7laux today but bed was really cozy but I turned off the alarm instead of snoozing it.
>stfu bike
How are you finding it

Anonymous No. 154418

>>154396
upon watching a video of Chris WE WUZ King hub sounds. It definitely could have been one at a certain RPM range. It doesn't usually sound like what I heard but it can.

Anonymous No. 154480

>>154391
They're pretty much new dog. Am I gonna bother to service them after only a season this winter? Depends how dirty they get

Image not available

1024x683

Simplon-e-bike-wi....jpg

Anonymous No. 154519

Welcome to the future of MTB
>Integrated motor and gearbox
>Belt drive

Image not available

720x404

GH012876.webm

Anonymous No. 154524

>>154408
That was last year it's the Mossettes lift, there is one or 2 rubbish berm tracks up there that seem to go on forever. I had a bad injury from 7 weeks previous so couldn't ride silly shit unfortunately
>stfu bike thingy
took it off and forgot about it, have swapped the frame to a megatower now.. not sure I'll bother with it again

Anonymous No. 154529

>>154519
Cables thru headset.

Into the trash it goes

Image not available

1024x650

Pinion-MGU-1024-x....jpg

Anonymous No. 154546

>>154529
This is just the first bike I could find pictures of. There will be others coming out at the end of the year.
The Pinion MGU weighs around 4kg, compared to 2.8kg for the latest Bosch motor, but also removes approx 800g unsprung weight off the rear tire and means no kickback. Belt drive requires no maintenance and the gearbox requires a 10000km or yearly interval oil change. It has a better gear ratio than a derailleur and an automatic shifting mode.
I just hope it's easy to remove EU speed limits otherwise I'm sold.

Image not available

444x444

1626396806427.gif

Anonymous No. 154560

>>154546
probably nice and quiet too...srams recent thing seems ridiculous but I still want it kek

Anonymous No. 154579

>>154546
Shimano and Bosch struggle to maintain motor reliability after a few years. Pinion gearbox lasts fucking forever. Interested to see how this pans out

Image not available

1000x667

168745051788488492.jpg

Anonymous No. 154595

>>154546
Pretty exciting, I wonder if we will see a zerode ebike in the future using this system

Anonymous No. 154641

>>154546
I'm interviewing for some jobs right now and if I get the one in my city, I'll try to get a commuter bike with this system. If not, I'll get one from Specialized or Riese Muller.

>>154595
I was down to get one of these but I wanted to stick with a DELTA suspension linkage.
I was also up for one of those bikes with a linkage system in the front but I forgot they existed.

Anonymous No. 154651

>>154546
> I just hope it's easy to remove EU speed limits otherwise I'm sold.

Honest question, why not just buy a motor bike if that is your perspective? If you are interested in going fast easily, surely you would have have more fun blasting around motor bike trails on a motor bike?

Anonymous No. 154653

>>154651
Have more fun*

Anonymous No. 154665

>>154651
Go away.

"WhY n0t jUst bUy a jET pAck If yOU wAnnA gO sO fAst!!!"

Uprating your ebike from 25 to 32 k an hour is not the same as getting a motorbike. Just fuck off.

Anonymous No. 154666

>>154651
There aren't a lot of moto trails in my area and even if there were I would still be drawn towards eMTB or perhaps something like a surron to ride them. Probably 'tism but the peace and quiet of the woods is a big part of it for me.

Also it's mostly what the other poster said in less words. It's not that I want a motorbike or to go fast all the time. The level of assist is pretty great and the speed limit is fine for techy climbs but left lacking on fire roads. The North American limit of 32km would be much better.

Anonymous No. 154689

>>154666
Can't you just pedal if you want to go faster than 15mph? that's what I do on my regular bike. 25km/hr is fine. Just use your legs if you want to go fast.

Or is there something stopping you on the bike other than an ability issue? Like the motor creating drag past 25km/hr. Because I can see a case for increasing the speed limit if you are getting slowed down on the downhills, on fast downhills I can average around 30km/hr which would suck if I had to get slowed down by a speed limiter.

Anonymous No. 154694

>>154689
Fitness != Ability. My current trail bike is acoustic but ebikes are more fun. You can do more laps. You still use your legs to drive the motor but use less energy, especially on pedally trails or on climbs.
Yes it's extra weight/drag above the limiter, that doesn't matter downhill. The gearbox I mentioned will be less efficient than derailleur but with a motor it will be neglegable.
On fire roads the 25km cut off is annoying, simple as.
I understand why they might piss trailbuilders off, busier trails with more wear and tear from the weight but they are pretty standard round here now.

Image not available

480x601

basedjack squid.png

🗑️ Anonymous No. 154704

>>154694
>Fitness != Ability. My current trail bike is acoustic but ebikes are more fun. You can do more laps. You still use your legs to drive the motor but use less energy, especially on pedally trails or on climbs.
Yes it's extra weight/drag above the limiter, that doesn't matter downhill.

Image not available

480x601

basedjack squid.png

🗑️ Anonymous No. 154706

>>154694
itness != Ability. My current trail bike is acoustic but ebikes are more fun. You can do more laps. You still use your legs to drive the motor but use less energy, especially on pedally trails or on climbs. Yes it's extra weight/drag above the limiter, that doesn't matter downhill.

Image not available

480x601

basedjack squid.png

Anonymous No. 154707

>>154694
>Fitness != Ability. My current trail bike is acoustic but ebikes are more fun. You can do more laps. You still use your legs to drive the motor but use less energy, especially on pedally trails or on climbs. Yes it's extra weight/drag above the limiter, that doesn't matter downhill.

Anonymous No. 154747

>>154689
Poorfag cope

Anonymous No. 154756

https://www.vancouverislandfreedaily.com/news/teenager-dies-following-mountain-biking-crash-at-big-white/

Damn poor kid. First time I've read someone just dying on the track. Closest one would've been Cedric Gracia with blood spurting out like a hose nonstop from his artery

Anonymous No. 154767

has nobody posted the mountain of hell win
https://youtu.be/rnO59tizy6E
killian bron is hilarious... loses 20 seconds on every downhill section and then gains 40 seconds on every uphill section... just torturing mountain stoners with cardio
>>153702
>Post some music you like listening to while grinding up a climb
amount of times i've listened through this while riding...
https://youtu.be/ljCZt6GKIzk
extraordinarily compressed over the years but still the best mix ever

Image not available

474x266

1636438202176.jpg

Anonymous No. 154806

>Cranworx summer series coming to town this weekend
>The bike park is not even 100 m tall
How the hell do they expect people to pay over $100 (not including license/insurance and lift ticket) for race and slopestyle entries on such a small hill? Sea otter was a flop last time it was around here, so not sure if I should check this out, or just ride somewhere else with some friends. Any of you anons have any experience with crankworx summer series?

>>154767
>amount of times i've listened through this while riding...
Based. I'm guessing you ride a chromag

Image not available

2004x1183

kilianbrontires.png

Anonymous No. 154815

>>154767
That collision at the start was hard to watch. You could see them pulled to each other like magnets.
I'm glad Kilian finally won, he's been trying to win it for years but always gets a mechanical.

I wonder what tires these are. They're not maxxis and the row with 3 knobs makes me think they're from Schwalbe. I don't recognize it as any Michelin or Continental tire.

Image not available

1280x720

worvsboogie.webm

Anonymous No. 154817

>>154767
> pedals up hill while the stoner with smonked out lungs loses his lead by hiking the bike and he has to take off his goggles to survive a short climb
XC Chads, we can't stop winning

Image not available

2122x1156

kilianbronlead.png

Anonymous No. 154818

>>154817
> looks back
> guy is completely gone
lift and shuttle bros....the trail chads beat us.

Anonymous No. 154826

>>154815
>I wonder what tires these are.
They must be magic marys
Mine have the same pattern 3-2-2-2-3

Anonymous No. 154828

Laying down the first tire treads of the year in the very center of the big gap jump
Someone’s gotta do it

Image not available

1024x642

B32E2F7C-498F-427....jpg

Anonymous No. 154831

Oh my god I just realized I accidentally rode the german triumph-of-engineering superbike today instead of the all-american twitchy rigid deathtrap, and on America’s birthday too… John Handcock would be ashamed
At least I was able to declare my independence from the lady asking me to lower my chairlift safety bar

Image not available

750x416

4FF3E474-EE4F-453....jpg

Anonymous No. 154836

Every single coil spring calculator on the internet says I need a 300lbs-325lbs spring for my bike, but I already have a 350lbs in it and I still bottom it out prematurely and keep the compression damping maxed out, suggesting a too low rate as well. I have a 400lbs spring in my hand but I’m so bothered by the fact I’m so far out of spec that it’s stressful to think about installing it. Why do I need a coil that’s 130% out of the norm? What’s wrong with my riding style that this discrepancy is so massive? Coil spring weight should be a relatively objective thing so there’s got to be a discernible reason for it? I don’t feel like I weight the bike backwards too much but that may be the case; I haven’t dialed in my airspring fork as well so maybe I’m not pushing it as hard as the rear suspension? It’s so stressful I feel so wrong what is the move here?

Anonymous No. 154837

>>154836
For the record I currently have about a 1050lbs bottom out force and the new spring will increase that to nearly 1200lbs

Anonymous No. 154840

Are any fags on here using the one-up composite flat pedals? I have had 3 sets of burgtec composites on previous/current bikes and I was happy with them till I bought a new (second hand) bike with one-up alloy flats on it. Now all my burgtec pedals feel like shit. I want to upgrade my ebike to the one-up goodness but don't want to pay $250 for the alloy ones. Composite are $109, and I'm happy with that price. Are the composites as good as the alloy ones? Are there any similar flat pedals at the same price point?

Anonymous No. 154841

>>154836
I did it I removed and installed shock mounting hardware with a plumbers wrench because I couldn’t find my moms vice clamp. Gonna have to readjust everything including my fork to match the new rear feel. I’m scared brothers has my personal opinion gone too far this time? Is it too late to return to the hivemind of spring calculators?

Image not available

808x438

Screenshot_202307....jpg

Anonymous No. 154860

Well just got a blue spank hex, microspline. Blue one was at 200€ and the rest at 260€.
>see website today
>15% code on everything
>valid only today
Got a pair of skf seals and a 3/4th sleeve shirt.
I'll join the angry bees club now niggas
And they gave 2 coupons for any store of my choice aswell

Its maciag offroad for any yuro
>>154836
Rebound increase? That removed my doubt about a new spring and made the bike more playfull

Image not available

600x450

1661677396660612.jpg

Anonymous No. 154868

>>153386
>>153393
>NZ
maybe i should hook up with that kiwi gal at work and pretend to marry her so I can get NZ citizenship hehe...

Image not available

882x731

1665569131534137.jpg

Anonymous No. 154870

>>153959
>don't have good people skills
why would i need good people skills? trying to make me pay my taxes again boyo?

Anonymous No. 154872

>>154840
They're not bad for moderate riding. If you have burgtecs I assume you're in the uk. If you do more of the steeper stuff, get the alloys

Image not available

1284x1185

batemangun.jpg

Anonymous No. 154886

>>154870
good people skills are how you sweet talk your way out of taxes. Sovereign citizens and hermits are always autistic spergs who get the feds called them on out of spite. The tax men never get the extroverts or Patrick Batemans of the world.
You think rich people get out of paying taxes solely on loopholes? The tax man always shows up and they get sweet talked out of it.

Image not available

817x1222

christian-bale-ba....jpg

Anonymous No. 154888

>>154886
and Christian Bale has an mtb with a 1x drivetrain

Anonymous No. 154914

>>154815
80km/h kek
106 afterwards, imagine doing that on snow

Image not available

3024x4032

PXL_20230704_1535....jpg

Anonymous No. 154920

doing some hihg sped downhill over some jagged rocks etc. this weekend and bent a rim. Thanks Tr*k

Image not available

972x776

1616108080738.jpg

Anonymous No. 154931

>>154920
>owning a trek
you deserve it

Anonymous No. 154934

>>154665
Shut up fag

Image not available

672x699

gx tranny.jpg

Anonymous No. 154936

bets on how expensive this shit will be? looks to be using the old eagle cassette range too

Anonymous No. 154943

>Only thing gets me excited to go to work is the idea of buying another bike
Anyone else?

🗑️ Anonymous No. 154946

>>153351
Hey OP I'm ust here, don't mind me, I hope your thread gets ruined just like I've ruined every other thread you've ever made when it gets to over 100 posts :) Hope you're doing good faggot!

🗑️ Anonymous No. 154947

>>153704
if you're a glow, kill yourself. if you're not a glow, you'll quickly have your enthusiasm for this otherwise rad sport ruined by faggots on the trails and in queer-maxx threads like this. Hope you stick with it homo!

Image not available

254x255

FUK6ukcUcAArPoC.jpg

Anonymous No. 154965

>>154943
>Have a downhill bike
>Have a trail bike
>Have a xc bike
>Have a commuter
I dunno m8, I don't really have the desire to consoom anymore unless there's some actual non-meme breakthrough in bike design. I do fancy some fancy parts every now and then though

Anonymous No. 154967

>>154965
well i just recently got into this hobby so my consooom just started and oh boy its nice browsing pinkbike and read shitposts

Anonymous No. 154969

>>154943
I always tell myself I'm done buying bikes but I keep building them. I'm working on a hardtail and I'll buy a commuter if I land this job I'm interviewing for

>>154767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq72S36dJqw
Here's an exciting video from that race. This racer has a bad start and makes up a lot of places. You get to see more of the race since Kilian Bron pretty much starts in 2nd and is in 1st for most of the video

Image not available

1280x960

058AB508-347A-4B6....jpg

Anonymous No. 154976

Guess who didn’t bottom out today?
Every coil calculator on the internet that says 300-325lbs can suck it, this 400lbs coil felt great. A little annoyed I spent all day adjusting my dials from 0 all over again, just to end up 1 click away from my previous settings, but I am glad I’m not bottoming out 3 minutes into green trails now

Anonymous No. 154984

>>154976
>he doesn't know how bad the tolerance on coil springs is

Anonymous No. 154986

>>154984
Look I tried getting 2 175lbs people to stand on the spring at once and it almost broke my window

Image not available

400x392

Tomfoolery .jpg

Anonymous No. 154995

>>154986
mad lad

Image not available

1280x716

1681251220629064.jpg

Anonymous No. 154999

>>154986
Kek

Anonymous No. 155064

Is there a difference between SLX and XT drivetrain in shifting? SLX is cheaper by 100€, would put an XT/XTR shifter instead of the SLX and I might need a new crankset/BB.

Image not available

3264x2448

IMG_20230605_2035....jpg

Anonymous No. 155066

>>155064
I'm interested to, and does that actually matter in performance? I noticed a difference when I got a lighter cassette going from deore to slx since the inertia of the cassette moves the derailer less when you suddenly stop pedaling in highest gear. Or backpedaling fast during cornering in the highest gear

Raked some leaves off picrelated

Image not available

1810x1358

20210807_155928.jpg

Anonymous No. 155069

>>155064
get the xt shifter, chain & derailleur, they are objectively better.. the rest is just weight savings or finish
>t. shimano 12s user for 4 years

Image not available

4608x2592

20230704_162147.jpg

Anonymous No. 155071

>>155069
>>155066
Looka like I'll end up just with XT, going xt everything but the cassette is almost the same than buying the xt drivetrain as a group. And does the shimano 12s chain fit in sram xsync2 chainring?

Image not available

500x666

hamboner2.jpg

Anonymous No. 155127

>>155071
>willingly using a dub bottom bracket
shiggy

Anonymous No. 155129

>>155127
I put one on my 1995 cannondale

Image not available

800x472

1620602702430.png

Anonymous No. 155200

>Spend stupid amount of time getting stubborn tire to fit on the rim
>Takes even longer to get the bead to seat
>Finally get it to seal
>Forgot to line up valve stem with tire logo
Bros...

Image not available

1022x925

1683263293428459.jpg

Anonymous No. 155202

>>155200
Unrideable. People will look at your bike and think you are just paypig with no skillz. As an Nduro biker you gotta set the example of the perfect mountainbiker so /n/igs, roadies, newbs and no-bike simpletons have someone to look up to.

Anonymous No. 155219

>>155200
It took me half an hour to get my tires on the rims
Holy fuck I was mad

Image not available

2730x2048

168846463169874840.jpg

Anonymous No. 155222

I got back out on my favorite dirt yesterday for the first time in months. Fuck I love this place, I couldn't get out again today but il be back next weekend for 3 sys of riding. Plan on 1 day of ebiking, 1 day of Amish biking and 1 day at the uplift park where they hold crankworx Rotorua. So excited.

Anonymous No. 155224

Several threads ago, an anon recommended me the Blackburn Wayside as a better alternative to the OneUp EDC tool. I finally ordered it and now amazon is saying someone over 18 with an ID has to be home to sign for it just because it has a pocket knife built in. That knife can't even cut anyone or stab anyone

>>155200
>>155219
Trying doing this shit with ENVE carbon road wheels and road tires. Shit is so much fucking worse. At least when I change the tires on my MTB wheelsets, it's so much easier and faster.

Anonymous No. 155240

>>155224
The knife is sharp and serrated, I ordered mine with $600 of bicycle parts so I guess they must’ve just assumed I was an adult

Image not available

271x186

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....jpg

Anonymous No. 155246

>>155224
>carbon road wheels and road tires
Lycra problems

Image not available

1080x601

bloatlord.jpg

Anonymous No. 155254

>>155246
road tires in general are harder than mtb tires to mount and dismount, but this is a problem with all ENVE rims whether they're for road or mountain bikes. The ZIPP 303S wheels I had before the ENVEs were significantly easier to mount and dismount. Every time I have to change tires on the ENVE wheels, my fingers still hurt the next day.
If you guys ever have a lot of trouble breaking a bead, place the wheel on the ground on something soft like cardboard, then place the corner of a sizable piece of wood(2x4 works fine) on the tire as close to the rim as possible, just step on the wood and pull up on the rim to break the bead. It always works for me and it saves me the frustration.

>>155240
damn, I ordered mine with a high volume pond pump. To be fair, I don't think I've ever ordered a knife from Amazon but I didn't have to sign or present an ID when I ordered an incredibly sharp sushi knife

Anonymous No. 155286

>>155254
>>155246
The difficulty in mounting tires is dependent on variations in the rim and tire size.

Image not available

1111x483

maxxis..png

Anonymous No. 155297

I am looking at new tires. I mostly run very rooty technical stuff uphill and downhill at slower speeds but a few times a year do fast downhill on rocky terrain. I will probably just be a normie and stick with m*xxis DHR/DHF since I've had good experience with them. What do yall run?

Anonymous No. 155300

>>155297
Butcher / Butcher
Wanting to try a faster rear, but have been enjoying this set as a consistent year-round setup, for wet and dry

Image not available

1080x1440

VideoCapture_2023....jpg

Anonymous No. 155304

>>155297
maxxis dissector is good front or rear if you want something faster rolling, i use it on my 130mm 29er, honestly my favourite for light trail/xc.. even works pretty well in the wet despite being a hardpack tyre

Image not available

220x331

michelin-man-beefie.gif

Anonymous No. 155313

>>155297
>I mostly run very rooty technical stuff uphill and downhill at slower speeds
I actually don't know. I would even run exo casing in your case to climb better
>downhill at slower speeds
You are doing it wrong nigga

Anonymous No. 155328

>>155222
Based eeb loam enjoyer

Image not available

3072x4080

PXL_20230708_1706....jpg

Anonymous No. 155365

>>155297
I used to run Maxxis DHF and DHR, now I run Michelin Wild AM Front and Force AM rear and I am not going back to Maxxis. This combo is great, I may stick another Wild AM in the rear when it gets wet since the Force is a dry tire.

Anonymous No. 155372

>>155222
>Amish biking
first time I heard a guy say this IRL on the trail, I shot water out of my nose

Anonymous No. 155380

>>155372
Ironically the Amish love ebikes

Image not available

1500x1000

Crankworx Horseshoe.jpg

Anonymous No. 155394

>>154806
The mini crankworx thing was better than I expected. Got to demo some fancy bikes, got some neat pics, got some nice laps in at the park. Thanks for reading my blog.

>>155297
>vittoria martello front
>vittoria morsa rear
Simple as. Have ridden this setup on all trail types from coast to coast in cucknada. Just make sure you get the enduro casing. It's quite the fast rolling setup, so it's great for mixed climbing/descending rides

Image not available

112x112

1659343772763588.gif

Anonymous No. 155410

anyone ever film themselves or make their own mtb-music videos? i listen to some songs and felt like want to do some edits for that riding stuff
>>155365
nice photo and looks like a good day to ride
>>155394
how do i learn to do those cool tricks anyway? dont want to break my neck ofc.

Anonymous No. 155411

>>155410
only in my head and also I’m a cute virgin blonde 160lbs pure muscle

Anonymous No. 155412

>>155411
>doesnt ride to kinopop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7qW4M95NU4
ngmi

Image not available

362x78

20230321_022324.jpg

Anonymous No. 155417

>planning to ride SEXO bike park today since last week
>go out yesterday
>insect gets into left eye
>wake up with eye infection
>swollen eyelids
I look like a gook with a slant eye now, I gotta do an extreme effort just to open it.

Image not available

267x200

C1C6662A-A3EF-4D2....gif

Anonymous No. 155418

>>155417
>visit 4chan
>remember to grab glasses

Anonymous No. 155419

I keep losing my glasses.
Lost two pairs already this summer. Set them down when I'm taking a break and forgot them.

Anonymous No. 155423

>>155300
>>155304
>>155365
>>155394
thanks guys appreciate the feedback especially with exo casing
>>155313
>slower downhill
unfortunately as good as it gets in my area unless I want to drive 4+ hours out for some actual DH

Image not available

1221x916

20230708_185825.jpg

Anonymous No. 155456

speaking of tyres I got a set of kryptotal F/R DH casing for PDS... very nice but a lot more difficult to mount compared to m*xxis doubledowns

Anonymous No. 155475

>>155456
Have you ridden with them yet? Part of the reason I prefer Michelin over Maxxis now is because their knobs are spaced further apart so the tires aren't picking up rocks and flinging them into my rear triangles anymore. Schwalbe is better with that too.
I should probably edit an image of the michelin man wearing mtb gear and riding an eeb the way we've been shilling Michelin in this thread, but their tires really are that good. I have them on two mountain bikes, a motorcycle, and my car, if they made tires of dirt jumpers, road bikes, and gravel bikes, I'd use them there too.

>>155394
How have the Vittoria tires held up? I've been wanting to try out the Mazza in the front and Martello rear. I have their Barzo tires on my gravel bike and they have so much grip and they're so fast.

Image not available

687x916

peepeepoopoo.jpg

Anonymous No. 155477

>>155475
I've ridden the kryptotal rear in enduro casing and it was not as durable as maxxis DD(I'm about 72kg). I really liked how it rode and the side knobs didn't explode like the dhr's ones do after 3 rides.
The dh casing is massively stiffer and thicker so it should be a winner for lift assisted riding, not tried the front kryptotal front yet but it's very soft compound.
>michelin tyres
I have them on my car, pilot sport 4s... saw a lot of people with punctured michelin mtb tyres at a dh race near me though that put me off

Image not available

714x1052

1650325720595.webm

Anonymous No. 155487

>>155410
>how do i learn to do those cool tricks anyway? dont want to break my neck ofc.
Assuming you can already hit jumps well, you should practice tricks on a trampoline. Then, move on to practicing the tricks after taking off from a jump into a foam pit or airbag. Don't use a bike with a derailleur for this because you will bend it. Otherwise jumps with a woodchip landing are not as bad to crash on as a dirt landing.
>>155475
>How have the Vittoria tires held up?
No complaints from me other than the trail casing ones puncture fairly easily at higher speeds. Never tried the mazza, but the martello has enough grip as a front tire

Anonymous No. 155547

>>155418
I feel so blessed that I live in a country that doesn't really have bugs. Like, we have them, but thee are all tiny. It's pretty rare to see one bigger than my thumbnail and the bees and wasps are the only ones that sting.

Image not available

750x475

7D88AFEB-7D4C-4A0....jpg

Anonymous No. 155556

>>155547
Do you have mountains? Mountain bugs are bigger it’s a known fact

Anonymous No. 155560

>>155556
Yeah we have mountains. Idk if bugs live in the snow I've never really looked.

Image not available

640x384

1669827914687082.jpg

Anonymous No. 155593

>34°C( 93.2f)
>high humidity
>feels 37°C(98 6f)
>constant 37° from 12h to 8pm
I was gonna ride, but fuck this gay hot weather and the high latitude making hot weather be long as fuck. If you ride in the pavement its guaranteed that the tire will be kill in 10km.

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20221101_0154....jpg

Anonymous No. 155602

>>155593
Is it actually that hot in the mountains where you ride? It's usually 15F cooler in the mountains here compared to where I live at lower elevation due to the thick trees and residual moisture from the morning fog. I like to ride there during the heatwave days because the usual people who go there stay home thinking it'll be too hot.

Image not available

868x133

Screenshot_202307....jpg

Anonymous No. 155621

>>155602
I live in the city at 300m. But it gets cooler, but not enough. 0.6° every 100m. So roughly at 32°C on nduro loops part right now. Its hot as fuck and clear sunny weather. I don't want to risk get dehydrated again and there aren't fountains or even creeks! And tomorrow I'll die as it'll be 39°C + thunderstorm

Image not available

866x764

8u3qCoZ.png

Anonymous No. 155622

>>155593
>tfw 17 to 18c this week in wales with a bit of rain and thunder
hhehhehe

Image not available

960x720

1617667070338.jpg

Anonymous No. 155656

Redpill me on the ideal dick position while riding. Mine just kinda naturally sits sideways where my hip joint bends while I'm riding, but I've heard some guys have theirs point straight up. Is that just a chamois thing, or is it a superior dick position? I don't wear a chamois for reference

Image not available

498x498

tenor (1).gif

Anonymous No. 155658

>>155656
> not having a grower that shrinks up and gets out of the way when riding.

What a fucming normie. Am I right guys.

Image not available

1600x1600

bladerunner01.webm

Anonymous No. 155664

> get geared up to go for a ride
> suddenly feel boiling in bowels telling me it's time to go take a shit
always happens

>>155656
I try to tuck mine up to the left and move my balls forward

>>155658
Same, usually the dick and ball positioning is until my blood leaves my genitals and makes them shrivel up. It pretty much goes back inside of me like a dog's does and I can usually only find one ball if I'm taking a mid-ride piss break. I don't see them again until after I take a shower

Image not available

240x210

download (1).jpg

Anonymous No. 155727

>>153503
It's a meme, I could spend the time typing out exactly why it is but instead I'll just point out that ochain makes spiders for ebikes which spin anyways. It's all a meme to sell you more crap.
>Buy the expensive instant engagement hub.
>Now buy our spider to remove all that nasty kickback from your expensive hub
>Only $1200

Image not available

928x1143

Smolfrog.jpg

Anonymous No. 155733

Qt petite coworker 20y(looks 18y), very soft skin(looks like and how I imagine it), grey eyes, tanned skin, big tits&ass, very slim, bubbly personality. I want to take her MTBing at a bike park.
>>155664
I really hate to take a dump before riding. After pedaling + sweat I feel like shit leaked from my ass and left a smelly streak on the underwear. Leaves me anxious wondering if I smell like shit and people smell me, thus I sweat more.

Image not available

1024x704

Neverrelaxrabbit.jpg

Anonymous No. 155735

>XT drivetrain at 2(two) hundred yuros and not 287€.
Gonna buy it, now I just need a new chainring(thinking oval) and a rear tire. I've been getting blessed recently with low prices, I feel life is gonna throw me a curve ball soon. Its taking me out for dinner before fucking me. Something bad is gonna happen, but when...
>>155727
>>only $1200
Kek its 320-340€ here

Anonymous No. 155740

>>155664
>about to leave house for any reason
>body says its time to piss
Way she goes boys

sage No. 155747

>>155733
unsubscribe

Image not available

765x803

1685589387458639.png

Anonymous No. 155753

>>155735
>oval absolute bl*ck chinesium tier trash
>not using superior nipponese folded 1 mirrion times steel xt chainrings
shiggy diggy

Image not available

1079x771

Screenshot_202307....jpg

Anonymous No. 155809

Now I just need to get a mishillin dh34 tire and spokes/nipples to build the wheel.
>>155753
Nigga I can't put a xt chainring on sr*m cranks. I've been reading that the quick link of hypernig+ is the issue.
Garbaruk says they are compatible with 12s hypernig chain, ill order it directly from them. Just gotta decide on oval or round again.

Image not available

622x621

1687273945376199.png

Anonymous No. 155813

>>155809
>dub
disgusting
i might upgrade to the new wireless gx groupset but use a shimano crankset with a wolftooth chainring

Anonymous No. 155814

I got Wolftooth drop stop chainring on a sram SX Eagle crank and BSA dub BB with shimano deore 11s cassette and sram Rival 11s chain/derailleur with an apex flat bar shifter where did I screw up

Anonymous No. 155817

I found some gnarly downhill trails walking yesterday. There are a few world level riders locally so it makes sense but I can't imagine sending some of them without dying.
Off camber turns, roots everywhere, huge ruts and rocks, drop after drop and steep as fuck. I tried to take some photos but the gopro effect is real.

Anonymous No. 155825

e-bikes are shit and never forget, no dig no ride cunts

grip it and rip it pussys

Anonymous No. 155841

>>155817
>I tried to take some photos but the gopro effect is real.
Post them either way
>>155813
>1.3k in drivetrain shit
What is even the difference between weight? Is there some code that makes shifting less precise?

Alcoholism is fucking cheaper than MTBing, I've always been told that you'll end up broke due to being an alcoholic. But you can get shitty liquor cheaply and resort to gasoline sniffing if necessary like abos.

Anonymous No. 155845

and now megavalanche
https://youtu.be/uxE51euhAE8
how many people will go too fast and pile-up on the first corner this year

Anonymous No. 155851

>>155825
never dig
love me ebike
simple as

Image not available

639x469

1685781704274814.jpg

Anonymous No. 155870

>wake up at 6am
>planned to hit bike park
>rained at night
>weather app showed there was gonna be a thunderstorm at noon
>continue sleeping
>EoD
>didn't rain at all

Fucking DT swiss washers are so fucking expensive, several times(5x) more than standard brass nipples which probably take more machinery and leave much more unused material waste. How fucking expensive can stamping then bending a metal plate be

Image not available

1221x916

20230710_162019.jpg

Anonymous No. 155880

>>155870
>Fucking DT swiss washers are so fucking expensive
can't quite remember but I think the last ex511 rim I bought came with the washers

Anonymous No. 155884

>>155880
Where are you going? I spent a fuckload of money on the EVOC XL thinking I was going to ride in Arizona and Tex-Ass but my plans changed and I left it at home. Maybe next year I'll take up NZ anon on his offer and go shred the trails there

Anonymous No. 155886

>>155880
I needed them as I need to lace the new hub, but I just realized I could've reused them

Anonymous No. 155980

If I wanted to get a single speed hardtail where would I buy such a thing?
I've seen people on group rides with them and they looks so badass.

Anonymous No. 155981

>>155817
post photos

I just got my cane creek helm mk2 last week and with a single day of bikepark riding and nothing else it seems that I have already fucked the fork bushings somehow, they need to stop making their forks out of cheese and 35mm stanchions

Anonymous No. 155984

>>155980
most people build them

Image not available

768x1024

1680334716469748m.jpg

Anonymous No. 155992

>>155884
the yearly pilgrimage to PDS(morzine) as is traditional for bong mtbers

Image not available

640x490

1684915941267464.jpg

Anonymous No. 155993

>>155981
>I just got my cane creek helm mk2
that's shit, return it for a fox 38 or zeb
>>155886
never had a rim last long enough to have to re-lace it that never crossed my mind lel

Anonymous No. 155994

>>155993
What about 38/Zeb vs Lyrik with a smashpot coil conversion what are you gonna do then

Image not available

700x600

1679189069795381.jpg

Anonymous No. 156001

>>155994
pick the most reliable with enough travel for your frame, my fox 38 has been amazing over the 2.5 years I've had it but I wouldn't run it with less than a 170mm air shaft as it's overkill for a lighter bike

Anonymous No. 156003

>>156001
My Lyrik is maxed out at 180 but I do not have any issues with torsional stiffness. The damper is charger1 and pretty stupid but it’s supportive enough for downhill antics at least, I already have a coil in the rear. If I got an 38-sized fork I’d definitely get one with a nice damper (never had anything better than GRIP in the fork), but a smashpot is guaranteed butteriness plus a hydraulic bottom out control

Anonymous No. 156079

got an email from NOBL saying they're doing 15% off certain wheelsets for their summer closeout so I bought wheels for my Yeti Arc build(TR35 trail rims with i9 hydra hubs). I was going to buy on the BLACKED friday sale but I figured I may as well get them now and save $300 on not getting BERD spokes again. At least I'll actually get to ride it in good conditions, when I finished my EVIL Wreckoning build in February, I didn't get to ride it much until May since the trails were really damaged from all the record breaking rainfall.
I think the only parts left are the bottom bracket and a cable for the dropper post, then I'll be ready to build.
I wanted to try out Chris Kang hubs but I decided to save the money instead. Maybe I'll get them for a future build.

Image not available

600x625

1667233908759867.jpg

Anonymous No. 156081

>>156079
Why don't you build the wheels yourself and do crazy shit?

Anonymous No. 156084

>>156081
it doesn't really come out cheaper, at least it didn't the last time I checked. A lot of these wheelbuilders just charge you for the parts(at a markup). I remember I looked into it a few years ago and it did not come out costing less if I buy the hubs, rims, and spokes individually, and then I have to factor in the cost of truing stand and the thing that checks the dish.
Wheelbuilding is definitely a skill I have to pick up since I do every other job on my own. I have this idea for a wheelset using ZIPP 3Zero Moto rims(despite the name, they are for mtbs) and pair them up with BERD spokes. The rims are designed to be flexible to absorb impacts better, but the problem is that on a big flex, the spokes can poke through the rim tape and then you lose air pressure, so I figure that can be eliminated using berd spokes since they're not rigid.
Will it be too flexy and be unable to hold air properly? Will it be too soft and be slow rolling? Will it flex too much and vibrate making for a harsh ride? Or will it be nearly indestructible and eliminate chatter? As far as I know, nobody has tried that combo out and nobody else talks about doing it.

Anonymous No. 156085

>>156084
I’ve read about 2 people using three zero motos with fiber spokes. They were reddit posts and zipp/berd is expensive so obviously it was “the best thing ever” with “absolutely zero downsides” and “I felt better than normal after my 1 hour ride”

Anonymous No. 156086

>>156084
I’ve never heard of spokes poking through the motos I thought that was just comment section speculation, I haven’t seen anything suggesting that’s an issue (the guys flexing their fiber spokes never mentioned that either)

Anonymous No. 156091

>>156086
>thought that was just comment section speculation
It could have been. I haven't thought about this in a few years so I don't know if that was just some shit I read that could happen, or if it happened to a reviewer.
I run BERD spokes on 3 wheelsets and I definitely feel the difference in acceleration and handling, the weight loss doesn't really help me on long climbs, it's not enough that it's a magic bullet for climbs.
Wheelsets with BERD spokes aren't really any more expensive than other high end carbon rim builds. I could have bought ENVE carbon wheels for a few hundred more than what I've paid for the berd builds with carbon rims.
The real "issue" with berd is that the wheelsets take longer to build. They have to be tensioned, then left to relax overnight about 3 times or when the spokes are done stretching and hold their tension.

Image not available

960x852

1652626675752.jpg

Anonymous No. 156104

Bros, I had my first actual crash in like 2 years
>Been riding my full suspension bikes for the past few weeks at the park and enduro style trails
>Decide to take hardtail to xc trail center to change things up
>Go into damp root and limestone babyhead section too hot on a descent
>Rear end becomes unsettled just before a turn
>Highside.mp4
>Slide along the ground for long enough to contemplate how much of a retard I am
>Somehow walk away with only some scrapes on my knees and shins
Why does it always have to happen on lame pieces of trail? Do I use this unfortunate event to finally kill my ego and become the guy that wears kneepads for xc riding?

Anonymous No. 156117

>>155593
>be me in texas
>90 at night, 105 during the day, 80% humidity
>get up at 8 and go ride, drink a gallon of ice water in 2 hours
Stop being a pussy

Anonymous No. 156128

>>156104
>Why does it always have to happen on lame pieces of trail?
Because that's where you're most comfortable and you get careless
>Do I use this unfortunate event to finally kill my ego and become the guy that wears kneepads for xc riding?
you should do that anyway. I did a gravel ride a few weeks ago where my very experienced friend failed to clip out at a stop on flat ground, fell, and ripped his knee open to the point where we could see fat. We flew down twisty mountain roads at 40-50 mph but that's what took him out and he had to call his mom to pick him up because we were on the opposite side of the mountains from where we started. If we were out in the middle of a forest with bad cell reception on one of our mtb rides, he'd really be fucked, luckily we were near a visitor center when it happened. I always get my injuries on the stupidest shit too.

Image not available

1920x1080

0125jmpnightride.....jpg

Anonymous No. 156129

>>156117
> Texas
do you guys even have mountains over there? I've only been in San Antonio and I couldn't see any mountains at all, or even hills, from the top of the rides at Six Flags
Also, consider night riding if you don't have serious predators to worry about. There are mountain lions here, but that's why I make a lot of noise and (usually) don't ride alone.

Image not available

640x480

spidy02.jpg

Anonymous No. 156139

>>156129
>do you guys even have mountains over there
Nope lol. I'm in DFW and we make do with city parks with 200 ft total elevation over the whole 8-mile spaghetti loop, because no public land either. At least the trails are quality and full of features, because all the local clubs are as repressed and desperate as can be.
>night riding
At this time of year, only if you're down to eat a quarter-sized orb weaver every 20 feet. Mmmm, crunchy. If not for those little bastards I'd just get up at 4.
desu I hate it here, can't wait to move.

Image not available

996x682

1673389470035133.jpg

Anonymous No. 156148

>>156139
>Nope lol. I'm in DFW and we make do with city parks with 200 ft total elevation over the whole 8-mile spaghetti loop
kek doomed to become a gravel cuck

Image not available

960x720

Screenshot_202307....jpg

Anonymous No. 156154

Every pedal stroke and linkage movement made a SHLOOP sound
Time to get a rear mudguard
Evilanon, whats that one you have, it looks like what I'm after

Image not available

962x720

Screenshot_202307....jpg

Anonymous No. 156155

>>156154
Had a few total drivetrain jams and my bike was noticeably heavier as I lifted it into my car

Image not available

498x406

1662281077990491.gif

Anonymous No. 156190

>>156129
>do you guys even have mountains over there?
Texans just ride in dry dusty sandy dikes to the bottom of riverbed which hasn't seen water in a decade with a hardtail and go "I'm I'm a cowboy muuuhntain biker N' SHIEEEEET so lets shitpost with otha muuuhntain bikers online" kek. Same with the neerland anon riding dikes and dykes. But the dutch actually produce WC XC fags that win.

Anonymous No. 156203

>>156190
kek. cowboy mountain biking sounds pretty fun

Anonymous No. 156211

>>156190
Houston has 2 good trails and Austin has quite a few. All the real mountain biking is in El Paso and east Texas river basin.

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20230714_1445....jpg

Anonymous No. 156214

>>156154
The one I use in the front is a Mucky Nutz Mugguard short, the one I use in the rear is a basic rockshox fender. One thing to note, if you stick the rockshox fender, or any with a similar shape in the back, it's not designed to be there and it could be bending in a shape that makes the tire knobs rub against it and make a lot of noise. The solution is to make minor diagonal cuts so the fender is able to hug the rear triangle closer

Image not available

960x720

muckynutz.jpg

Anonymous No. 156215

>>156154
There is this guy from the UK in the facebook group who modified the short mugguard and put it in the rear, and he uses the long version in the front. I don't know how he modified it but I suspect he cut it in such a way that the section that goes between the chainstay and seatstay has less of a bend

Image not available

1280x1143

1658473310951855.jpg

Anonymous No. 156240

Damn, I went overbudget 20% with the transmission-wheel shit. And I forgot about the university inscription fees, gotta put the kneepads to use now

Image not available

250x267

1685221176930745.png

Anonymous No. 156281

>>156104
kek I had like 4 low speed crashes yesterday and they were all on the connector roads between trails just trying to stop

Anonymous No. 156284

I fukkin kick ass and shred and pass every single biker on the multi-use path how do I start finding races

Anonymous No. 156337

>>156284
Get to know people who race, local Facebook groups. Your ego is also going down the drain the first time you try and compare your time against the local pros. If you do good then that's awesome, but don't go talking a big game before you see your results. Be semi-humble and supportive of others when racing. It's perfectly fine to celebrate your victory if you win just don't be an ass, and still treat everyone as your equal. These are the rules that I go by as an autist to get along well with people at races.

Image not available

638x745

1655905556800.jpg

Anonymous No. 156383

>Descending riders MUST yield to climbing riders

Anonymous No. 156389

>>156383

No, go away. Why the fuck are they climbing the trail you are riding down?

Image not available

2048x2730

168861617375714361.jpg

Anonymous No. 156390

>>156154
Are you aucklandanon?

I have had the best weekend of riding. Did 45km on ebikes in the redwoods on Friday, 20ish on the pedal bikes this morning (in whakarewarewa) and then the afternoon ten runs at skyline. Gonna go out for another ebike mish in the morning before driving home.

Anonymous No. 156392

>>156390
I am AN aucklandanon, I'm sure there's more
I wanted to make it down this weekend but the only accommodation available was outside my price range, or a bed in a sweaty dorm
I've booked a whole week off work in about a month to try and use up the rest of my redwoods lift passes. I recommend trying to cook yourself in one of the many hot pool spas as a rest day

Image not available

2730x2048

168905661388780255.jpg

Anonymous No. 156394

>>156392
Post in here a few days out from your trip, il be up here for a couple of weeks for work it would be good to hook up with an /xs/exhaul and go hit some trails. Picrel is top of split enz/frankenfurter this morning.

Anonymous No. 156395

>>156392
I only knew because all photos in NZ are washed out to fuck I look at them and I think "that's NZ sunlight"

Anonymous No. 156396

>>156395
I thought it was just my cheap phone. Currently I can only take photos at the car because my hip pack thing isn't big enough for a smartphone, so all I get are muddy aftermaths

Image not available

3686x2073

20230716_115033.jpg

Anonymous No. 156791

Bike park. Rode almost everything except the black trail at the top which I barely rode it as I was sliding with a foot out. Its a fucking steep trench/rut thats head high, beyond my confidence. But managed to ride some jumps I didn't expect to clear at all and many cases oversending it

Image not available

3686x2073

20230716_153518.jpg

Anonymous No. 156795

The top3 trails are alpin terrain and the rest/bottom is natural forest shit. Roots are unholy here, they are ankledeeep and the space between them is a wheel length. You can't ride slow as you'll sink in the roots but if you go fast you'll kill the your arms and wheels like I did last time I rode here. Ironically, on the last descent I lost control on a dusty turn and hit my head on a trunk besides the trail. I now hear a crunching sound everytime I turn my head.

Image not available

1800x2400

20230716_220424.jpg

Anonymous No. 156813

bonjour nerds, I got my megatower to pds and now it creaks like fuck
just bike park things hhehe

Anonymous No. 156823

>>156813
>tighten stem over bars
>test out with a bunny hop
>bars slip
>tighten bolts far past torque settings
>bar takes more force but still slips doing jumps
>end up using carbon grip compound on bars
>they don't move anymore
>but now bar creaks like a motherfucker

Anonymous No. 156837

>>156813
2 more laps and you’ll just relocate the creak to somewhere else, no worries

Anonymous No. 156839

>>156823
Shouldn’t have cut your steerer so short like reddit says, then you could’ve moved the stem up and used a lower-rise bar instead, and had far less of a chance of rotating them

Anonymous No. 156842

>>156839
The bars were 10mm rise when I had that problem

Anonymous No. 156870

>>156791
>>156791
Nice, always a good feeling when you overcome something you thought was beyond your ability

Anonymous No. 156879

>>156337
can you also tell me how to function as a normal human being.
t. autist

sage No. 156880

>>156879
Leave you basement for a period of time each day. Increase that period periodically. Look people in the eyes when you talk to them.

Image not available

729x638

1658112089487686.jpg

Anonymous No. 156882

>>156880
ok but thats just going outside and wasting time talking to someone and making an assumption i live in a basement. if you're not incentivized to help then i have no incentive to be kind and humble like you're preaching

Image not available

320x240

2D0CC68F-0FA1-41E....gif

Anonymous No. 156883

>>156880
Nice try copper, me not making eye contact is now a legally protected right in my state

Image not available

1600x1200

20230717_061330.jpg

Anonymous No. 156888

>>156837
it's the headset/csu or the fox lower shock bearing kit as usual
did some of pleney off trail stuff yesterday it's ridiculously steep with knee deep dirt in some places where everyone bails kek
>luv being in the alps, me

Image not available

400x333

1680726990972489.png

Anonymous No. 156890

>>156879
it's easy to find friends if you have a fun hobby like mtb, just b urself hehe

Image not available

1403x1101

1653871066312.jpg

Anonymous No. 156904

>>156888
Checked and based. With any luck I will be moving close to the alps soon

Image not available

1920x1080

VideoCapture_2023....jpg

Anonymous No. 156958

>>156904
>With any luck I will be moving close to the alps soon
Why luck and where? Are you a mail-in groom to some incel woman in the alps?

Anonymous No. 156986

Tips for getting my balls back after a crash? I crashed back in February and I've long healed since then, but I just lose my nerve now and it leads to me slowing down which makes my riding much worse and leads to dangerous situations. I reflexively pull my brakes now and I can't stop it. At this point I'm just considering putting on my armored shorts, armored shirt, wrist guards, and just death gripping the grips so I can't grab the brakes reflexively.

Image not available

480x360

1680379807299374.jpg

Anonymous No. 157044

>>156986
ride with others that push you, only thing that worked for me after breaking my arm last year

Anonymous No. 157050

>>156882
Doesn't have to be a literal basement. Just go talk to people, listen to normal people's conversations by joining a group ride. Once you have done that, learn how conversations flow like your playing a visual novel with the desires route and the key choices memorized. If a new social situation arises stop for a moment watch the most normal person in the groups reaction and have a similar reaction to them.

Anonymous No. 157078

>>157044
I usually ride with a buddy but today he brought a new guy(rides a Transition Sentinel) and I pushed it a little harder.
What really pushed me to ride harder was that the high school MTB was behind me so I was really trying to brake less so I wouldn't inconvenience them by slowing them down if they catch up to me. I really hate being chased or followed, but I think it's what I need to push myself to take risks and ride wild like I used to

Image not available

468x895

1667335815768097.jpg

Anonymous No. 157083

>>157050
>learn how conversations flow like your playing a visual novel
fucking kek

Image not available

1125x824

A0475072-F599-477....jpg

Anonymous No. 157084

Social skills only slow you down guys
Just ride the bike

Image not available

223x226

1617151105157.png

Anonymous No. 157086

>>156958
>Why luck and where?
Wouldn't you like to know :^)
>Are you a mail-in groom to some incel woman in the alps?
As neat as being a professional neet would be, I'll be applying for PhD positions over there. Although I would be lying if I said being in a prime location for riding wasn't a major influencing factor on deciding I want to go there

Anonymous No. 157116

>ordered a pair of Nukeproof Horizon V2's to replace OEM cheese wheels
what am I in for lads?

Image not available

761x341

1664299309311180.png

Anonymous No. 157126

>>157086
>ouldn't you like to know :^)
Its for the 2023 alpe /mtb/ group ride. But don't go to austria tho. Austrians have autistic homosexual chimpouts if there are mountain bikers outside bikeparks. No afterwork singletrack. They are illegal, you can't even carry your mtb in innsbruck's trams. Germoids are autistic and retarded.

Image not available

3005x2254

20230718_170112.jpg

Anonymous No. 157128

>>157116
Should've just built the wheel yourself. Its quite fun.

Image not available

1709x1287

garbaruk.jpg

Anonymous No. 157150

>>157128
based garbaruk goon

Anonymous No. 157194

>>157128
That's not enough parts you need the stick things and the big round loop

Image not available

2268x3108

20230718_213409.jpg

Anonymous No. 157197

>>157194
>circle thang
I'm taking it apart in a 32°C(90F) night naked. The hub bearings are fucking destroyed, I can feel/hear the crunching and grinding of the ballz when spinning the wheel

Anonymous No. 157231

>>156389

brb mounting a laser dazzler next to gopro

Anonymous No. 157237

>>156383
The logic is that it's easier for the descending rider to get moving again than it is for the ascending rider. I get it but I think that whoever has the easiest time getting out of the way should do so. You can't expect a descending rider to just stop and yield in the middle of a rock garden or something steep and loose where they can crash and get seriously injured.
There are also people who think it's the other way around. Two people who think they have the right of way coming straight for each other is a disaster

Anonymous No. 157283

Looking at fat tire bikes to get a head start on winter.
Thoughts on 26 vs 27.5 for snow? Seems like a lot of fat bikes are 27.5 now.
Thoughts on carbon vs aluminum? I'm still a novice so I'm not sure if I should just stick to aluminum frames.

Image not available

2268x3221

20230719_191841.jpg

Anonymous No. 157313

Should've gone for the conti kryptotal DH soft instead of the DH34 bike park. The casing on this tire is so fucking soft. I can easily move fold it with 2 fingers while on the DH22's casing I need more force. But it looks like the rubber will outlast the rim I just laced. But I needed to run a harder compound on the rear, I noticed significant wear on the rear DH22 after half a day in the rocky alpine bike park 2 weeks ago

Don't buy Michelin DH34 bike park.

Image not available

216x206

RegEx and MTB whe....jpg

sage No. 157334

>>157283
>Seems like a lot of fat bikes are 27.5 now.
Done.

Anonymous No. 157350

>>157334
But I don't want to be so high off the ground...

sage No. 157443

>>157350
I was expressing my disdain for the constant changing of standards by the jew bike companies. Fat bike wheels/tires are already heavy and expensive, so making them heavier, taller, and more expensive is stupid. Keep in mind, since the initial fad is over I only see people hating their lives pedaling them on summer trails. Everyone else using them on groomed snow which doesn't need larger wheels for obstacles, and I'd argue that'd you'd actually want the smaller radius to spread the load out over a larger area of the snow.

Image not available

4080x3072

PXL_20221205_2320....jpg

Anonymous No. 157450

>>157283
29" You need to show the other fat bike riders that you have the biggest cock
https://revelbikes.com/product/wayward/
don't worry about carbon vs aluminum, just get whichever fits you best and makes the most sense for your budget and riding. As for wheel sizes, how much tire do you really need? if you need 5" wide tires for riding over powder, then get a 26"

Anonymous No. 157451

>>157450
>product/wayward/
>max brake rotor size 180mm
>bikepacking
A comet can't hit us soon enough.

Image not available

752x768

Grabble.jpg

Anonymous No. 157454

>>157126
>Its for the 2023 alpe /mtb/ group ride.
Unfortunately I won't be in the alps that early, likely not until next year.
>But don't go to austria tho. Austrians have autistic homosexual chimpouts if there are mountain bikers outside bikeparks. No afterwork singletrack.
Kek, thanks for the heads up. I never really had any interest in going there in the first place, so hopefully that never ends up being an issue

>>157283
>Fat bikes
I highly suggest you try fatbiking in the winter before you buy one if you have not already. Specs won't matter much, but if things are moving to 27.5, it will likely be hard to find 26" tires and rims in the future.

Anonymous No. 157477

>>157128
I am one who built my wheels, and no I didn't like it at all. I acknowledge the utility in knowing to do so, but it was a fucking pain. Especially worked with used rims that aren't perfectly straight

Anonymous No. 157478

>>157477
Wow I haven't typed in a week, and my ability to proofread has gone out the window
Is this what its like to be a normie?

Anonymous No. 157480

>>157443
> Imagine caring about fat bike
What a loser

Anonymous No. 157495

>>157480
>I am the center of the universe

Image not available

600x313

3F35B50C-AC4C-4BD....jpg

Anonymous No. 157497

>>157480
Fatbikes are gonna go extinct in a few years, and next winter you’ll be sitting on the couch with nothing to do wondering where it all went wrong

But seriously I have a feeling this will happen, fatbikes are gonna go out of fashion and be relegated to $7000 custom hipster trans-arctic builds (probably only steel and titanium too, those fuckers), so I’ve been seriously considering getting one of the nice carbon ones while they’re available and on sale. I just have trouble justifying a 5th bike specifically for 4 months of the year, I mean I live next to a desert honestly I have no trouble riding all year, but I wanna ride mountains all year

🗑️ Anonymous No. 157502

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqpXJtIdREs
I'll finally be riding here on saturday. I've been putting off riding her because of the "waterfall" on Mile trail looks fucking gnarly but it's straight and doesn't have a sharp turn at the end of it like other gnarly shit I'm used to riding so I don't have to worry about controlling my speed so I don't fly off a cliff. The one thing that has me worried is that filipino ebikes always clog this shit up to watch their friends go down it
I'm going to have to watch the video of Arnie being ballsy with his cigars to muster up the courage to trust my enduro and just go down it, I'll definitely crash if I slow down and try to take it slow. I never crash from going fast, I crash because I go too slow and lose control

Anonymous No. 157504

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqpXJtIdREs
I'll finally be riding here on saturday. I've been putting off riding here because the "waterfall" on Mile trail looks fucking gnarly but it's straight and doesn't have a sharp turn at the end of it like other gnarly shit I'm used to riding so I don't have to worry about controlling my speed to not fly off a cliff. The one thing that has me worried is that filipino ebikers always clog this shit up to watch their friends go down it. At least my bike is overbuilt so if I do hit those meatshields, I'll be alright and it'll be their fault
I'm going to have to watch the video of Arnie being ballsy with his cigars to muster up the courage to trust my enduro and just go down it, I'll definitely crash if I slow down and try to take it slow. I never crash from going fast, I crash because I go too slow and lose momentum and understeer and then go OTB when the front wheel drops

Anonymous No. 157505

>>157504
Learn the art of freeride and you’ll never worry about nailing that corner again when you realize that biking 5-10 feet into fuckall off-trail nonsense is often doable

Image not available

1280x953

4B748F6D-F056-422....jpg

Anonymous No. 157513

Alright guys, time for the tire check. Are you shredding appropriately?

Anonymous No. 157514

>>157513
>a tire hair still intact
Clearly I am not

Image not available

640x640

0CB1DA6C-24C1-4C5....jpg

Anonymous No. 157521

every single day I spend riding downhill my coil shock continues to go above and beyond in performance, I need to shout it from the rooftops, you can’t buy satisfaction like this, unless you’re willing to pay money in exchange for it I guess

Image not available

3686x2764

20230205_191940.jpg

Anonymous No. 157536

>>157283
Fat bikes are just incredibly retarded, simple.
>but muuuuh traction for snowwww
Picrel was sent. There's more traction while riding in snow than in mud
>muhh force divided by area
Just use a 2.5 tire with low psi and don't be a fatass, simple ass
Fat bike are marketed towards gay city hipsters that will pay 2k for a bike they'll use in the beach once a year

Anonymous No. 157554

>>157536
>1 inch of wet snow
>don't be a fatass
K, bro. Winters in the North are long with a lot of snow. Some of the trail edges are like falling into a pit of quicksand if you stray too far.

Image not available

1814x3225

20230721_181956.jpg

Anonymous No. 157562

I fucked up. Atleast I now just need to install the drivetrain and put the tire.

Anonymous No. 157566

>>157536
>muuuh more than 1 inch of LE ssnow
Even more traction, and the risk of hitting ice is lower. Just look at Vinny T, gay hipster boy. Get mud tires and put some screws in it like matt hunter https://youtu.be/M_DSavn6SJA
Knowing how hipster you are
>inb4 but muuh 1 foot of snow
If you are not descending, biking will simply be more of a pain in the ass. Drag will simply stop you while pedaling.
Drop the gay fat bike idea and put spikes on a mud tire, simple as

Anonymous No. 157567

>>156813
Lol I knew I recognized this bike from somewhere, saw you out here.

Anonymous No. 157578

>>157566
> put spikes on a mud tire
The snow base, at a minimum, is 24' - 30". Trails are groomed after a snowfall with a snowmobile dragging something behind it. It's also 10°F (average high temp) here, so your summer tires are shit, your le epic video of guy wearing a windbreaker and shorts biking in snow dusted grass isn't convincing me.

Image not available

1932x2575

20230721_211415.jpg

Anonymous No. 157590

I just need to get a set of Torx keys to remove chainring/tighten rotors screws and try to remove the cranks for the chainring. Hub sounds amazing. The XT derailleur feels waaay more solid than the NX derailleur it replaced.

Anonymous No. 157591

>>157578
>Trails are groomed
Nigga, if they are groomed you'll not sink 2 feet with 2.5 tires. Schwalbe ice spiker pro should do the job or just mud with spikes. Look at vinny T, mud tires in knee deep SOFT snow.

Image not available

1352x1217

Screenshot 2023-0....png

Anonymous No. 157601

Thoughts?
They've got a 20% off sale on their website so I could get it for a pretty nice price (2,616.8 at checkout)
27.5 fat tires seems like a meme but fuck it, at least I'll be able to roll over all the damn roots at my local trails.

Of course, I could also not buy this and instead get MuD tIrEs WiTh SpIkEs

Anonymous No. 157604

>>157566
You’re not getting it, this isn’t ice we’re talking about, it’s a very specific set of conditions that 2.6” tires will just fucking sink into.
Yes pedaling on a fatbike is a pain in the ass, no matter what terrain or temperature, it’s fucking garbage, yeah everybody knows that. Pedaling deep snow on a regular mountain bike however, is simply not possible.

Anonymous No. 157606

>>157591
If they’re groomed, there’s a good chance that tires under 2.8” are actually against the rules, this is fairly common in the Mideast US

Anonymous No. 157607

>>157601
There’s a guy on my Craigslist with that same bike including a spare 26” carbon HED fatbike wheelset with 4.0s on them for like $1500 and it’s 22lbs with “summer 27.5 tires” am I stupid to have waited this long? The only reason I hesitated is because I’ve never heard of borealis and thought it might’ve been one of those retarded kickstarter companies that seem to plague the fatbike market

Anonymous No. 157613

>>157607
They seem like a reputable brand.
My dad loves his Crestone which is how I heard about them.
Sounds like a sick deal.

Anonymous No. 157625

never buying another pressfit frame ever again. I don't care how cool SCORs or Chapter2s look, never getting one

Anonymous No. 157641

>>157590
Not really a surprise there. You jump up several tiers in rear mech there. It's like saying a ham sandwich is better than a turd sandwich, well durh.

Image not available

1000x667

Jack_Moir_EWS_Cra....jpg

Anonymous No. 157642

>>157497
>next winter you’ll be sitting on the couch with nothing to do wondering where it all went wrong

It is currently winter where I live and there isn't a drop of snow to shit up my trails. Fuck it feels good to be Australian.

Anonymous No. 157644

>>157601
ah yes, a 30lb carbon bike

Anonymous No. 157647

>>157642
>feels good to be from straya
Till you get your shit fucked up by some hellish insect that only exists in australia as it was forgotten by God during the great flood.

Anonymous No. 157649

>>157644
>tires (light)
>7.08lbs

Anonymous No. 157650

how do you keep your bikes safe from the environments in your house if your garage is used for two cars? any good outside covers? no i dont live in a black person zone.

Anonymous No. 157651

>>157650
Keep it in your room. Your bike is your best friend

Image not available

2880x1619

1673112097813872.jpg

Anonymous No. 157652

>>157651
of course, how could i forget.

Image not available

498x298

american-psycho-w....gif

Anonymous No. 157655

>>157652

Anonymous No. 157663

>>157650
hang it from the ceiling or wall (in the garage). They make products to specifically do this.

Image not available

225x224

1628218656364.jpg

Anonymous No. 157667

>>157663
You can also hang it from the ceiling or wall in your room

Image not available

630x630

OK.jpg

Anonymous No. 157668

>>157667

Image not available

3264x2448

16901245683596641....jpg

Anonymous No. 157761

Need help, I straightened my derailleur hanger but it still won't shift right, is my derailleur bent as well

Anonymous No. 157787

>>157761
Looks like it, however this is an absolutely terrible picture.

Image not available

2040x1536

PXL_20230722_1750....jpg

Anonymous No. 157924

>>157505
I survived it. I should have taken more pics. I thought the waterfall feature would come up later, not near the start of the trail so I fucked up my line and missed it by going right to check out something I thought was an easier line down. I was very surprised at how much descending you get from an easy 1000ft climb. Not only do you hit that that chunky singletrack, after it are a lot of jump lines and tech that take you straight back to the start of the climb
I heard an interesting tip about posture that a local MTB coach guarantees will never result in an OTB. If you get low, get your ass out(everyone knows this part) but grip the bars and try to bend them like you're trying to break them, then it results in a very stable descending position. I tried it out and it definitely felt like a game changer. I've always gone with the "heavy feet, light hands" approach so I think I'm missing something. I think this only applies when going over some really rough features

Anonymous No. 157928

Just had the worst pedal/shin impact of my life and thought I'd take the opportunity to remind you all to preemptively shave or wax your legs because trying to shave after the fact is extremely difficult

Anonymous No. 157934

>>157928
Why would you preemptively shave if you don't shave? Is this a transition thing?

Anonymous No. 157950

>>157934
It's more to stop your leg hairs getting forced into the wound like mine were. But if you want to transition you have my full support, I hope it works out for you

Image not available

541x335

please.jpg

Anonymous No. 157961

>>157950
>It's . . .

Anonymous No. 158018

>>157647
The only dangerous animals in Australia are the refugees. Also, we just say Australia is full of dangerous animals to prevent the basedboys from moving here.

Image not available

899x528

aussie.png

Anonymous No. 158021

>>158018
> The only dangerous animals in Australia are the refugees. Also, we just say Australia is full of dangerous animals to prevent the basedboys from moving here.

Anonymous No. 158028

>>157924
I think the same philosophy of torsionally bracing your bodyweight against your bars works for pedals too, I’ve naturally started twisting my feet outwards (like I’m trying to unclip? Never used clipless) on the pedals to brace my legs more and make more aggressive maneuvers and it’s been working out extremely well

Anonymous No. 158115

https://youtu.be/7NzwvrW_3H4
The track at the canadian open DH looks fucking crazy. Newly cut, loamy, steep and gnarly

Image not available

1024x671

over2.jpg

Anonymous No. 158136

I hurt my wrist riding
Right before the weekend I've been looking forward to for months
It is literally and unironically over
I'm probably going to ride anyways, fuck the consequences.
I assume I need to keep my wrists straight when riding so this doesn't keep happening.
>>158115
was watching the livestream last night, I liked seeing the different line choices

Anonymous No. 158159

>>158028
I was told to just drop my heels.
I tried the "break the bars" technique again and it definitely feels so much better when going straight down over chunky terrain.

Anonymous No. 158176

>>158136
Piggy btfo of the competition so bad goddamn

Anonymous No. 158179

>>158136
Get wrist braces. SixSixOne makes them specifically for riding. My stupid ass bought them and forgot to size them with my gloves on so they're too small

Image not available

542x680

1685458683043152.jpg

Anonymous No. 158189

>>157761
>12 speed
There's your problem. Also try lubing your chain if you haven't already
>>158136
>was watching the livestream last night, I liked seeing the different line choices
For me, it was the awkward post-run interviews and the follow cam drone crash

Image not available

1079x1292

You're gonna....jpg

Anonymous No. 158227

>>158136
Last time I did that I was off the bike for like 8 weeks as I really fucked up the iliotibial band more. Could've been 2 weeks if I had stopped. But if the consequences are worth it then send it
>>158176
Indeed, 19.4 secs. I bet the increased sprunged mass of Ms. Piggy herself made suspension work better. Especiallly on a gnarly demanding track. Female(female) riders are at a disadvantage. Except american women where the average is 170lbs/5'2 - 30BMI lardballs

Anonymous No. 158230

>>158227
>Except american women where the average is 170lbs/5'2 - 30BMI lardballs
Ironic that she's austrian

Anonymous No. 158234

>>158179
Nice just bought a pair. I've been using weightlifting straps.
>>158227
>But if the consequences are worth it then send it
Just one ride. My dad is coming to visit and we're going to ride my local trails. I can't cancel. I'm sorry wrist.

Anonymous No. 158236

>>158234
Jesus man, go buy a wrist brace from the drug store, or at the very least tape it up like a sports doctor would do to athletes.

Anonymous No. 158243

>>158236
Are you saying for riding or not riding?
I feel like the weightlifting straps are the best, I haven't found braces that work while riding.
Tape didn't do shit

Anonymous No. 158251

>>158243
You should see a doctor, however you should be wearing something while riding to prevent further injury. It's not going to be ideal, but it'll prevent your injury from becoming chronic or taking a year to heal. You'll regret it later (hello surgery) if you ignore it by being a tough guy.
> weightlifting straps
You need a splint, those do nothing. It won't heal if you keep hammering away at it and hoping it goes away. I was once young and invincible too, so I understand you may think I'm full of shit.

Image not available

221x244

1688249246193907.gif

Anonymous No. 158257

>>158251
>You should see a doctor
I've got an appt today, I mean I take this stuff seriously. I just don't want to miss riding with my dad after we've talked about it for months.

There's no way I can wear a splint while riding, I won't be able to grip the handles. I'm literally wearing a splint right now to immobilize it during the day and let it heal.

>was once young and invincible too
>young
Oh if only anon...

Anonymous No. 158289

>>158251
>I was once young and invincible too
It's the old guys that I ride with that never wear proper gear, then they crash and get right back up

Anonymous No. 158318

That garbaruk chainring way lighter than sram's xSync2. Noticeable difference in the hand. Wish I had gotten it on a color other than black
Now the problem with high engagement hub is that I now can't hear the pads rubbing against the rotor to adjust it

Image not available

797x362

Screenshot 2023-0....png

Anonymous No. 158346

I apologize for turning this general into /WP/ Wrist Pain General but thoughts on these wing grips that force you to have your hands in a good position?

Anonymous No. 158349

>>158318
I just take my chain off and set it to the side with it off the chainring.

I had a nice chill 25 mile ride and then swim after work yesterday.

Today I rested and watched the Barbie movie sitting alone in the theater. It's pretty good, I found it though provoking and would recommend it to others. I didn't have enough time to watch Barbie and Oppenheimer back to back. So I'm going to try and kill legs and lungs riding hard tomorrow, probably just do mostly zone 3 riding and then intervals, for the physical training but also for the mental training of being able to push your body for a long time and even when your legs stop working. Then Take another rest day watching Oppenheimer.

Don't have any particular races in mind, they are too expensive, I just want to stay in shape and go on really really long rides.

Image not available

828x653

1690160724404572.jpg

Anonymous No. 158361

>>158318
You can see if the pads are touching the rotor by looking down the caliper, no audio cue sneeded
>>158346
They seem like a meme to me. I'd imagine perfecting the bar height, roll, grip diameter, and brake lever position would actually do something to put your wrists at a better angle. Perhaps try running the brake levers close to the bars as well. The trails here are a lot of mixed climbing and descending, and I'd find that levers far from the bars would force my wrists into awkward angles to brake when the bike was pitched. The meme paddle grips would do the same thing, forcing your hand to pitch with the bike, putting your wrist at an awkward angle

Anonymous No. 158364

New thread:
>>158363

Anonymous No. 162021

>>>/w/