1500x1088

WipGAN_1.jpg

🧵 /wip/ - Works in Progress

Anonymous No. 888112

/wip/ - Works in Progress
- AI Takeover -
>Do androids dream of AI-Generated wips?

Post your work-in-progress projects, recently finished projects, or things you'd like critiqued here.

Previous thread: >>885313

List of free resources: https://pastebin.com/cZLVnNtB
Check out the /3/ Discord: https://discord.gg/ujt5vtr4DE

1365x2048

WipGAN-idates.jpg

Anonymous No. 888113

>>888112
Hey dudes, wip OP here.
I figured it was time to start a new wip series for a little bit. I know a lot of people were into the collages, and to be honest I am too. It's just gotten to be a bit too much for me right now, and I've started seeing it like work instead of something fun to do for the board. It takes around 3-4 hours of repetitive work to get them all put together. Mainly boiling down to separating backgrounds (which isn't very engaging). I figured instead of trying (and failing) to reign in the scope of the collages, I should just take a break from them for a bit and come back to them later with a bit of a fresh mindset. So sorry about that, guys.
And so, I present the next series of wips. Figured it'd be fun to let some AI take a crack at the images (with a bit of light editing by me at the end). First round here is just a run of the mill GAUGAN "re-interpretation" (some of the nicer rejects are in pic related), but I'll be trying a bit of other things as well, like style transfer, and maybe some outputs based only on text. Who knows. I'm open to ideas as well.

Again, sorry about the change of pace with the wips. The collages aren't gone for good though, and I'll be coming back to them a little later.
Now let's get this show on the road!

250x250

ls.jpg

Anonymous No. 888119

Its no problem, thank you for putting them together for these months- the work goes on

Anonymous No. 888120

>>888113
>It takes around 3-4 hours of repetitive work to get them all put together. Mainly boiling down to separating backgrounds (which isn't very engaging). I figured instead of trying (and failing) to reign in the scope of the collages, I should just take a break from them for a bit and come back to them later with a bit of a fresh mindset. So sorry about that, guys.
Wouldn't it make more sense to just say "If you want your WIP to be eligible to appear in an OP collage, post one with a transparent background and start the filename with 'collage'"? Then your job is way easier (or somebody else can do it), and most people posting WIPs could easily make a quick transparent render for the collage. Either that, or a separate place to submit transparent WIPs for collages.
Also, thanks for doing it in the first place. I didn't even notice until now that you worked my own shitty Kumatora from last year into it. That makes me feel all warm inside.

Anonymous No. 888122

>>888120
>That makes me feel all warm inside.
No problemo, that's what it was all about. Even if something is a project that never gets finished, it still gets its time in the sun. Someone put time and effort into it, so it's nice to give it some recognition.

>Wouldn't it make more sense to just say "If you want your WIP to be eligible to appear in an OP collage
Oh yeah, it would make my job easier, I just didn't want to compromise people's posting of wip images and make them render out something specifically "for me" to go into the OP. That's not really what the thread is about, ya know?

I don't really know the best way to explain it.
Like if I just make do with whatever format people are comfortable posting, it's all good. The thread is focused on posting wips, and the collage is just a nice bonus for everyone. But if I say "you won't get in the OP unless you post a transparent PNG" then it's about me, and the focus of people posting in the thread is about posting pictures to go into the OP, instead of just posting their work for discussion and critique.
Like I said, I don't really know the best way to convey what I mean. Just that putting a requirement to go into the OP might cultivate a certain mindset and change the dynamic of the thread. Which I want(ed) to avoid.

1059x961

m2-1.png

Anonymous No. 888123

I tried bros.

783x702

51412431.png

Anonymous No. 888129

just fuckin around before bed. I like taking random pictures of little artifacts and things that come up on tumblr and trying to turn them into models. im still super amateur, so any advice / things to work on to help me get better?

1920x1080

ass.png

Anonymous No. 888147

I love middle east architecture.

Anonymous No. 888148

>>888112
>>888120
>>888122

to be honest im fine with some variation like this. the collage thing was fun but it got a bit boring over the time, maybe you should post a link with all the previous collage pictures on the next threads.

Anonymous No. 888162

Does anyone here know if that model of the shitty dwarf is still floating around anywhere or what search terms I can use to find it? I tried the archives but none seem to have search on for /3/ and searching dorf on google obviously doesn't return anything useful. Last time I browsed this board was around 2011, it's good to see the WIP OP hasn't changed.

1096x682

gnomeall.jpg

Anonymous No. 888166

>>888162
This one? I think it's mostly a russian meme than a /3/ one. Here's the original source, I think:
https://gamedev.ru/art/forum/?id=5592

Anonymous No. 888171

>>888123
Bing bing, my husband Mario! Good job!

Anonymous No. 888173

>>888147
I do as well.

Anonymous No. 888186

>>888123
>SWING YOUR ARMS FROM SIDE TO SIDE

Anonymous No. 888198

>>888147
how do i into modular buildings?

Anonymous No. 888203

>>888198
Model a building you think looks cool, then break it down into constituent parts.

726x496

Screenshot_1.png

Anonymous No. 888209

>>888113
Hey don't sweat it man that shit was tight but we don't pretend it out of you: it's fun for us only if it's also fun for you. I know this post sounds really gay but I really liked the collages, even if you won't do them again I'm still glad you made them. Godspeed you magnificent bastard

>>888120
>If you want your WIP to be eligible to appear in an OP collage, post one with a transparent background and start the filename with 'collage
Great idea

You know CollageAnon just take a break for a bit, and next time you'll feel like making collages again we'll enforce some new rules like the other anon suggested. Your concerns are fair but it also ain't fair for you to do ALL the work, and it'll also ensure you won't burn yourself out

Anonymous No. 888212

>>888129
looks cool

Modelling takes a lot of time. You seem to know how to use your software, at least the hard modelling tools, so put some time aside if you can and go for something a little bigger.

683x612

blockout.png

Anonymous No. 888213

My first sculpt using this blockout method everybody has been talking about.

It kinda looks like shit but this is my first dive into sculpting tools and using a drawing pad, so I'm happy with it.

Gonna call it wip because I might remesh and rig it up later for animation practice.

Anonymous No. 888214

>>888129
can you share the original image you used?

1920x1080

blockout.png

Anonymous No. 888217

>>888213
rendered it out with more forward-facing eyes

600x600

bust_tex.jpg

Anonymous No. 888233

>>888214
sure thing
>>888212
>so put some time aside if you can and go for something a little bigger.
definitely. I'm gonna be putting in a ton of practice hours this year

1704x1742

file.png

Anonymous No. 888244

>>888213
>>888217
Don't just block out by location in general, but by major shapes and landmarks.
For most of the body, you can block out by muscles, fat, and skeleton. Facial landmarks are more difficult.
Anatomy of the Head and Neck by Zarins has some good blocking out progressions, but that's geared more toward physical sculptors.

Remember, the goal of blocking out isn't just to keep things as separate objects. That's actually not even a necessary part of a blockout (and wouldn't be a part at all for physical sculpting), it's just a very useful tool to that end. Blocking out is about defining your major forms and shapes first so that you can refine on a good base. When your major shapes are defined well, you can put good details on top. If you are putting a ton of good details and then find out your major shapes aren't right, you're in for pain.

Blocking out is the sculptor's equivalent of building a good foundation. Every constructive and creative craft has a similar concept, and they usually rely on an analogous set of fundamentals.

639x827

file.png

Anonymous No. 888250

>>888213
>>888217
>>888244
This is closer to what your initial blockout should look like. It can be smoother if you like, with subsurf and all, but the effective resolution should be low. It should well define the nose, brow, eye, cheek bone, lips, and chin (and ear, neck, and cranium if you do more than the face), and it should make the contours and topology at least roughly identifible. Like most human topology, the contours should be tied into the flow of the underlying anatomy, predominantly muscle and tendon connections.

Anonymous No. 888254

>>888244
>>888250
I guess its hard for me to understand those finer details without them actually being there. I do have a hidden helmet-head layer and grease-pencil sketches of where the eyes and nose should be and stuff. That 2nd level diagram is blowing my mind though.

My long term goal is more cartoony models, but I should fit an anatomy class into my schedule one of these days.

Anonymous No. 888259

>>888186
I wasn't expecting a mario show reference kek

Anonymous No. 888266

>>888148
>>888209
I appreciate the support anons. Thanks everyone.
I guess if people are responsive to it, I guess we could come up with a few posting guidelines to get into the collages.
I think we can come to a consensus here, put the info in the OP of the next AI thread, and then go back to the collages after that.

Transparent images make things a whole lot easier, so do simple backgrounds (since the AI-based subject selection in PS works pretty good with those, and human shapes).
Environment/Scene anons don't need to do anything though, since they just go on the bulletin board as-is.
I wouldn't expect those to be hard rules though. If there's something in the thread that doesn't follow those, but would be interesting in the collage or wouldn't make sense to not include it, I'd probably put it in.

I think that'd cut down a lot on the amount of work involved, and won't make me feel too bad about people missing out. Since if people want to opt-in there's a way to clearly make it known.

Anonymous No. 888277

>>888166
That's it thank you. Yeah it was Russian originally but it also used to get posted a lot here.

1449x636

GUN.png

Anonymous No. 888323

FREEZE
BLEND-CHADS ONLY
NON-BLENDER VIRGINS WILL BE SHOT PAST THIS POINT

849x818

file.png

Anonymous No. 888367

The 'rec.

1896x1080

file.png

Anonymous No. 888368

Jellyfish sister progress for /v/ drawthread.
After this, I'm probably going to do a few non-lewd projects, like some D&D creatures/characters or something.

2880x1920

Test 1.jpg

Anonymous No. 888377

Wating for client to approve perspective so I can take the back plates.

615x346

Fucking state.jpg

Anonymous No. 888378

>>888377
>See someone capable of doing something as well as this on /3/
>Meanwhile my local council pays people cash money to come up with pic related as an "artistic concept" that's supposed to help people "envision the future"

Pity you don't live here anon you could be making bank from these retards. They have them done constantly and never go through with any of the "concepts" anyway, it's just a big waste of money. Maybe I should try it myself, there's no way I could do worse than pic related.
Anyway I think it looks really neat.

2560x1080

Scn 1.jpg

Anonymous No. 888379

>>888378
Ty anon. Well I live in a shithole country but I never work with state clients only private Construction firms. You wont do bad. I truly think archviz is the retarded side of cg.

Anonymous No. 888433

>>888198
Mine is not modular, but i made a rectangle for visualization and then i modeled half of it and separated it into pieces, then copy pasted it across, i made some changes along the way to fit where the bathrooms and kitchens would usually be. if it helps i kept irl measurements, like the the height should be 2.4m-2.6m, entrance doors bigger, room doors 2m-2.10m and 80cm width.. the rest is just putting borders at the end of each piece, thats about it.

Anonymous No. 888474

>>888377
That perspective looks fucking terrible, either that or the building is weirdly shaped like it's not even vertical wtf???

Anonymous No. 888509

>>888474
Sorry, you don't seem to have understanding of ArchViz. Please be quite, thank you. :)

Anonymous No. 888511

>>888509
I'll be quite alright not being quiet Ahmed, why don't you fix your shitty camera settings instead of getting butthurt.

Anonymous No. 888515

I'm Finnish, you mutt ;^) Also 20 years of working in visualization.

500x1000

jellyfishsister.webm

Anonymous No. 888517

>>888368
Ended up finishing this to this point. My first real retopo and rigging job. Spent forever on cleaning up weight paints for something this simple, and forgot to add a subsurf to the hair. Oops.
Going to do some D&D stuff next.

Anonymous No. 888527

>>888517
well...tatas

Anonymous No. 888541

>>888474
>Crabbing on the most professional-looking model in the thread.
I do wonder why a crab would crab on such a thing. I assume it's because your models are much better than his.

Anonymous No. 888542

>>888474
post your work

Anonymous No. 888543

>>888541
I didn't say anything about the model learn to read.

Anonymous No. 888544

>>888515
Maybe after 20 years your eyes stopped working then cause the perspective is painful to look at.

Anonymous No. 888545

>>888474
It's just a three-point perspective. The vanishing points aren't in the most common places, but three-point is ubiquitous in architecture renders.

Anonymous No. 888547

>>888544
post your work you imbecile bastard

Anonymous No. 888548

>>888545
>three-point perspective
then how come the building looks curved when clearly it isn't?

Anonymous No. 888555

>>888548
The lines look straight to me, but I can't verify that. Might be an optical illusion making parts look curved.

2880x1920

1648233638504-m.jpg

Anonymous No. 888556

>>888548
He did nothing wrong and your mind is playing tricks on you.

Anonymous No. 888557

>>888543
Ok, we'll go with "render" then, if you want to grasp at straws. If you're going to critique someone, either be professional, or at least be funny if you're going to be rude. No one gets any enjoyment or knowledge out of reading shit like that, and the way you reacted to such a minor flaw in his render tells me there's something mentally wrong with you. Do you have a bully complex because someone insulted something you made once? Did your work get insulted because you suck, and that's why you're crabbing?

Anonymous No. 888558

>>888557
My guess is he's from /v/ or something and doesn't know that some places in 4chan are capable of being generally friendly and constructive instead of just cynical and shitty.

2065x1109

BKn_S003.png

Anonymous No. 888560

still learning zbrush, but does anyone have some tips on making hair cards with the fibermesh system like the team ninja hair from DOA. the majority of search results just lead to a addon from artstation to buy

Anonymous No. 888562

>>888557
>>888558
How hard is it to just fix the camera FL instead of getting upset that someone called you out on a shitty render? The composition sucks too, learn the rule of thirds.

Anonymous No. 888563

i'm with the "building looks like it has a curve in it" anon, but i'm not confident enough to say to that it's caused by lens distortion vs the building is actually curving out. i'm leaning towards the latter.

684x589

Screenshot 2022-0....png

Anonymous No. 888570

>>888562
It's not my render, schizo. Not everyone who disagrees with you is the same person. A bunch of people are replying to you because you're an ass.

Anonymous No. 888587

>>888557
I for example take any criticism as criticism even if its written with slurs or whatever.. its still has the same meaning.. taking internet serious is bad for ur health... If someone is on 4chan then they agree to the free speech and the ability to say whatever u want.... you should cherish that too. and like i said words are just words... meaning is the same.. even if it was written in a more pleasant way.

681x697

file.png

Anonymous No. 888600

>>888112
Rigging and posing

320x240

file.png

Anonymous No. 888638

>>888600
Done with colors (for now)

Anonymous No. 888642

>>888379
isometric 90s RPG vibes

Anonymous No. 888644

>>888587
If you write the same sentence with kind or rude words, they both may have the same meaning, but they both show a different intention. If you want to help someone improve, why not just be direct and neutral in attitude with what you say? Most people don’t get the idea that someone wants them to improve when people are rude to them, but I guess a lot of people on 4chan wouldn’t understand why it’s bad to be rude for no reason. You can say, and should be allowed to say rude things in real life too, but that leads to a life of loneliness because excessively negative people are not fun to be around. Similarly, it’s not fun to be in a thread that is full of negativity, so people will just leave and the thread will be boring.

Anonymous No. 888648

>>888367
good shit nigga. really like your sonic models

991x1071

adepta wip.png

Anonymous No. 888654

wip trying to make an adepta sororitas from 40k

Anonymous No. 888665

>>888654
>trying to make
You sure are, son. You sure are.
Keep going. The face might look like shit and the body is lumpy as fuck, but the topology of the body is good at least. In terms of edge-flow anyway.

Anonymous No. 888685

>>888654
A nice start anon, a lot better than my 3 million vertices model I made for a final. Keep working on that anatomy around the face, take references/ notes on styles you like and expand.

Anonymous No. 888715

>>888123
the shape is good
the topology looks ass
though id have probably done the same i suck at topology

1920x1080

untitled5.png

Anonymous No. 888717

LoGH spaceship-anon here. I've been busy with other stuff, but here it is, one of my first planetary tests.

Everything is procedural, from background to land/clouds.

2481x1348

LearnPerspectivebro.jpg

Anonymous No. 888737

>>888377
>>888474
>>888509
>>888545
>>888555
>>888556
What the fuck are you all talking about, we're looking up the building some meters above the ground level and despite that the top edges of the building appear to be longer than the corresponding bottom edges?
Is this an inside joke of this board I'm not aware of?

Anonymous No. 888738

>>888737
>three point perspective
It's unbelievable how retarded those guys are.

Anonymous No. 888749

All along I thought it was just one of those modern buildings with a top wider than the base.

Anonymous No. 888752

>>888717
Nice.. what engine?

Anonymous No. 888753

>>888644
>You can say, and should be allowed to say rude things in real life too, but that leads to a life of loneliness because excessively negative people are not fun to be around

That's why there is the ability to hide posts or the ability to abstain from feeding the troll.. its a choice. no one forces u to interact with someone (rude).

Anonymous No. 888757

>>888752
Cycles. But Eevee can be tweaked to look very similar. It would be hard to notice differences.

640x480

file.png

Anonymous No. 888771

>>888638
and done

Anonymous No. 888775

>>888757
I think it needs a little more displacement and some highlight on the highmap, looking from far away not seeing mountains and shit is fine, but in the pic i think it could use some more detail.

Anonymous No. 888781

>>888771
90's education cd mascot.

1440x1440

C6F95C9E-56BE-478....png

Anonymous No. 888783

>>888112
I don’t even know if I’m getting better or worse at this point fellas.

1038x487

tilt shift.jpg

Anonymous No. 888784

>>888737
Architectural photography (and thus archvis), use a technique to make all the vertical lines parallel to avoid a visual effect called "keystoning". Which is where the building takes a shape like /-\, which can make a building look like it's going to tip over or some shit.
By using photographic techniques, like tilt-shift lenses (they're not JUST for making shit look like toys), and in some cases warping it in post, you get the straight, parallel lines like you see in anon's render(making a |-| shape) and a lot of other architectural images.
Look up tilted-shifted architecture photography for more examples.

813x1297

6c4a0229f26c1ac6e....jpg

Anonymous No. 888786

>>888784
Well that works when you're far away from the building, i'm pretty sure you don't even need post processing wizzardries if you're distant enough and have a really flat lens.
That guy's render is really jarring, it looks like he set the camera lenght really low and the cone of vision really high, which distorts the building to hell. I'm guessing the point of that tilt shift thing you're talking about is to AVOID distorting the building to make it look "regular", no?

Anonymous No. 888787

>>888783
That's not a good sign.

330x780

skyrim imperial s....png

Anonymous No. 888802

For practice I tried making a new model for the imperial sword in skyrim but I think it ended up a bit too simple and generic for something like Skyrim. Could use some more detail, but I'd rather try again with a different weapon.

1600x856

tilt shift.jpg

Anonymous No. 888806

>>888786
You can do the tilt shift stuff somewhat close too, I just gave examples that have a similar wonky look to the post.
>I'm guessing the point of that tilt shift thing you're talking about is to AVOID distorting the building to make it look "regular", no?
Yes and no. There's a bit of getting rid of camera distortion to make the lines look straight, but the real goal is to avoid creating converging lines. The reason that one might want to avoid it, is because it can sometimes make a building look like its leaning in a certain direction and make it look unstable (an effect known as keystoning like I mention before). Using the lens/distortion can make a building look more grounded and solid, which is why its used.

640x369

tiltshiftheader.jpg

Anonymous No. 888808

>>888786
Here's another example with the camera a bit closer to the building.
In the post people are on about, the camera isn't at eye level which is what gives it a weird look, but the camera doesn't HAVE to be at eye level. With the camera raised a bit, it just extends the effect in both directions instead of just up.

Anonymous No. 888812

>>888474
>>888556
>>888548
>>888737
>>888784
>>888786
>>888808

holy SHIT NOBODY CARES
post 3d models

Anonymous No. 888814

>>888812
>quotes every post
>dude no one cares lmao

612x816

888474 is fucking....webm

Anonymous No. 888825

>>888377
>>888474
>>888509
>>888511
>>888515
>>888541
>>888542
>>888543
>>888544
>>888545
>>888547
>>888548
>>888555
>>888556
>>888557
>>888558
>>888562
>>888563
>>888570
>>888587
>>888737
>>888738
>>888753
>>888784
>>888786

Hello archviz test op here. Wow now I remember why I love this thread. Some people love some salt in their shit. The fact is this is a normal camera perspective with corrected verticals, call it " 2 point perspective" if you want to. Personally I do not like this kind of camera correction but many clients seem to prefer it because it gives a more "monumental" feeling specially when it goes on a 30 foot billboard. As for the rule of thirds, not every image is a work of art get over it, it shows how the facade will go and period, no environment no fuzz, just a publicity piece. Here I just made a script for you to understand.

The salt in this thread...I may bring my popcorn with only butter.

Anonymous No. 888827

>>888825
>>888377
looks good
where do you get your stock interior textures?

Anonymous No. 888866

>>888368
would

Anonymous No. 888929

>>888378
They usually put these together using collage esque techniques of bad shitty cuts of transparent and people/objects/places shot at different povs, focal lengths, etc. all in the shot. It's nauseating how they get paid to do it.

Anonymous No. 888930

>>888787
Quite disconcerting yes.

Anonymous No. 888934

>>888825
Interesting. I wrote a bunch of different cameras for a different software package. Tilt is by far the easiest projection do to.

Anonymous No. 888946

>>888775
I appreciate the advice, fren. I'll try and play with these settings.

Anonymous No. 888977

>>888112
What's the point of posting in the thread anymore when there's the Discord group?
What's the point of posting in the Discord group when we have the thread already?

1724x970

All 3d.webm

Anonymous No. 888980

>>888827

Nope all 3d, no interior textures. 40% is from 3d libraries and 60% is from previous projects that's about 380m polys just for furniture The thing in archviz is that you get to recycle a lot.

FYI textures.com is pretty good for interior textures.

>>888934
Two eyed equirectangular is a nightmare to code.

Anonymous No. 888981

>>888977
Wasn't the discord made so people could ask questions without feeling like they were shitting up the thread and not to fill the thread with every step of their project? You can post nsfw stuff on discord too that might get you banned on /3/, I'm not sure if the same is true for posting "racialism" stuff.

1663x828

ExoSkeleton.png

Anonymous No. 888997

>>888112
Still working on my shitty spacesuit.
I been watching a lot of Arrimus 3D lately for hard surface topology.
And i been trying to replicate this Bulgarov Style.
I feel like the back got very busy very quickly. and i am currently blocking out some exo Skeleton type deal.
Somme feedback form you lovely anons would be appreciated.

Anonymous No. 888998

>>888825
ok like we don't care
may we please continue

Anonymous No. 889001

>>888997
Also been enjoying using geometry nodes to instance objects onto curves. Its a cleaner solution for rigid chain links than using an array modifier + curve modifier which ends up distorting geometry.

The spine design looks really chunky, but the in the side profile it does not stick out too much, so i guess its fine. Going thinner makes everything look too futuristic. But what do you guys think.

1909x832

Sideview.jpg

Anonymous No. 889002

>>889001
forgot Image

Anonymous No. 889003

>>888997
Nice setup overall. That sphere attached the cone seems the dumbest way to solve a topo just orient it the same way as the cone. Also. If this is getting rigged the bar attached from the shoulder to the arm would seriously limit the mobility unless you add some sort of extension. BUt very nice overall.

>>888998
As archviz op agreed.

Anonymous No. 889004

>>889002
Also pens don't work in the void of space so is it a Space suit or an enviro suit.

Anonymous No. 889005

>>889004
They do if it's a space pen with a pressurized ink compartment.

Anonymous No. 889006

>>889005
I know pens work in the iss but I do not think inthe void of space. Even the best ink would freeze over. That's an oportunity to model a super badass laser perticle accelerator quantum pen imo.

Anonymous No. 889007

>>889006
>freeze over
Why?

Anonymous No. 889008

>>889005
Reminds me how America invested millions into pens that write in zero g (and still didn't work well) while everyone else just used pencils.

Anonymous No. 889009

>>889007
Space is incredibly cold my n

Anonymous No. 889011

>>888997
>>889002
Post bobs and vagene plz

Anonymous No. 889012

>>889009
It really isn't unless you're in shaded from the sun by some object and even then there's radiation bombarding you from everywhere.
Whatever heat is in an object also doesn't have any real means of dissipating beyond radiative emission which is incredibly slow.
You're more likely to get slowly cooked by solar radiation in space than frozen to death.

Anonymous No. 889013

>>889007
Actually I'm wrong any sort of liquid would not freeze in the void of space it would just evaporate. No form of ink can maintain its liquid state in the vacuum of space only very viscous liquids. see https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/questions/28531/what-liquids-can-be-found-in-the-void-space

Anonymous No. 889015

>>889013
Which doesn't apply since I specified using a pressurized compartment.

Anonymous No. 889016

>>889015
No because once it leaves the compartment and coats the tip of the pen it would just evaporate. It would be like trying to write with a pen that is always dry. Or a fucking cheap bic pen to be exact.

Anonymous No. 889017

Anyways if you want to put a pen on a spacesuit be my guest.

Anonymous No. 889018

>>889016
My man, it already exists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen

Anonymous No. 889019

>>889018
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen
Yes I know! And it only works inside a cabin! THe presurrised chamber is made to work in zero gravity not the vacuum of space.

Ok no more discussion Im going to hang myself brb.

Anonymous No. 889020

>>889004
hard too see, but in the other sleeve is a pencil, regular ass graphite pencil. The Russians used those fr quite a while, but with complaints about floating debris form use. Bot those work in a vacuum.

Anonymous No. 889022

>>889019
The Fisher Space Pen is a gas-charged ball point pen that is rugged and works in a wider variety of conditions, such as zero gravity, vacuum and extreme temperatures. Its thixotropic ink and vent-free cartridge release no significant vapor at common temperatures and low pressures.

Anonymous No. 889023

>>889002
This looks like black magic to me.
I would just have an array of planes with a curve modifier and instance the spinal things on top of it.

Anonymous No. 889024

>>889003
these pivot points, are just a cone and a separate sphere to make selecting the center of rotation easier. The alignment is a bit mangled i agree.

For rigging: Idk if i ever make it that far with my snails pace. But when i come around to it, i will do the Ian Hubert lazy way of making linkages. Just add more and more joints until the range of motion is good enough and let IK solve the rest. That approach worked good enough for me in every other rigging related project.

Anonymous No. 889030

>>889022 >>889024

Searched for documentation and apparently no pen has been used in an EVA. but only because it is not needed.Also ok on the joints. Anyways it is always fun to ask those questions. I prefer when the artist takes the time to ask questions about the viability of a 3d model. Specially when it is sci fi.

Anonymous No. 889035

>>888977
Discord is to chill around and shitpost, the channel is a more laid back place. It's less focused on posting wips, and more just 3d stuff, like sharing reference images, different artists, and that sort of thing.
Thread is for conversing with fellow anons on a more "serious" level. And it's focused on posting your projects.
Also, Discord posts don't make it into the collage, if that's a thing someone's interested in.

Also like the other anon said, it's for NSFW posts, and questions (even though we have a thread on the board).
It's there because anons asked for it. I don't want to say "if you don't like it, don't use it", but there's really no reason to go there if you don't want to.

1214x862

TubeIK.webm

Anonymous No. 889036

>>889023
Ignore the bottom mess. Its a redundant way of believing a curve with a profile, just convenient to do it all there.

The best part of this that you can resample the curve to exactly how many instances you need and align those instances to the curve rotation.
Here is an example in action. Some CNC concept that i did some time back. It was the best method of animating cable chains without using a bone for each linkage.

>>889030
>priority 1: make something that looks cool
>priority 2: it should not clip into itself

You get the idea. not really panning on much animation other than a pose + turntable.

Anonymous No. 889037

>>889036
Whoa nice one

1870x1202

1621753461222.png

Anonymous No. 889069

>>889001
>>889002
Looks great!
>Going thinner makes everything look too futuristic. But what do you guys think.
Embrace it and make the segments look like they were designed with topology optimization.

1158x869

blender_reggie.png

Anonymous No. 889076

I'm doin a thing.
the only humanoid work I've ever really done is with Space Marine armor so trying to do an actual body is a bit difficult. I have no idea how I'm going to do the hair but I'll worry about it when I get there.

Anonymous No. 889077

>>889076
That profile will give you the flattest of bobs and ass, consider adding some extra volume or your character may turn up like my bulimic ex.

500x500

1605798976235.jpg

Anonymous No. 889079

>>889077
It's a dude

Anonymous No. 889080

>>889079
>>889076
Ok so remember to model an empty head for mental illness.

720x576

ver2.webm

Anonymous No. 889095

>>888648
arigato anon.

Anonymous No. 889119

>>889095
>High quality, smooth
>But ear clips away from head
AHHHH

2129x897

GenerativeSpine.png

Anonymous No. 889125

>>889069
good call on the Topo optimization / Generative design. With the Retro Future design it never occurred to me that this could work design wise. But it makes a lot of sense to go that with a sub-division workflow. Just as in CAD you can just model you critical things, like where the part interfaces with other parts as you need it and then connect everything with withes tree branch type structures. Its quite fast to do too when you throw clean topology out the window.

So here is my new spine design. Even more cluttered than before, but looks less bulky and with the additional actuators like it could plausible work.

Anonymous No. 889127

>>888715
Yeah I really need to learn topology. I tried rigging it and needless to say it did not animate well.

1366x705

file.png

Anonymous No. 889138

rate shoulder topology. Im feeling a little iffy about it.

1920x1080

untitled8d.png

Anonymous No. 889139

>>888717
>>888775
>>888946
Still playing with different settings. I think the atmosphere is more believable now, but I am not happy with the terrain and its height (I tried to link the colour to its height, but I'm still a newbie). I'm also feeling that I can not control clouds as much as I'd like.

Anonymous No. 889141

>>889139
I'd say focus on the clouds first. The cloud layer seems way too dense/noisy. Makes it hard to see the surface in the first place.

Anonymous No. 889142

>>889138
>using old blender
but wjy tho?

1366x705

file.png

Anonymous No. 889143

>>889142
fast in my 8 yo laptop.

Anonymous No. 889144

>>889143
Fair enough. cute model by the way

Anonymous No. 889148

>>889141
Much appreciated.

>>889143
Based Mayl-poster

3000x900

fgsfds.png

Anonymous No. 889215

I started sculpting about a month ago and made this over a couple of days from 4 spheres - one for the body, head, hand and ear. Is this good enough to retopo and work towards actually finishing it as a model or should I stick to the drawing board and keep "sketching"? The main thing I was working on is anatomy and sculpting, but I'm tired of just sketching and want to finish something. I mean like, I don't really need poly modeling practice, but is this even a good enough base for a finished model?
Excuse the derp face, it's really hard to work with only one reference picture (it's supposed to be a character and there's a grand total of one actual official picture of her) and I figured I'd adjust it after retopo. And the awkward things sticking out from the shoulder blades are supposed to be wing stumps. I wasn't sure how to stick them in so they're just there.

492x837

LContainmentScene.jpg

Anonymous No. 889239

Small scene I am working on to into NPR I guess

Anonymous No. 889240

>>889239
Is this an Evangelion reference?

1920x1080

0001-0026.webm

Anonymous No. 889241

>>889240
It may be a reference to the 1995 hit anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, yes.
Rendering animation for this >>889239 atm. Webm is just me fucking around with Mixamo, and some eva models.

Anonymous No. 889244

>>889241
I wish that I could turn back time,
that orange juice was all mine...

Good job, btw :)

Anonymous No. 889249

>>889036
a piece clips at the start of animation.

Anonymous No. 889258

>>888113
Nah, that's completely understandable, it's a lot of work to compile a new one every time

640x480

file.png

Anonymous No. 889259

>>888781
That's the goal

221x348

1602442948603.gif

Anonymous No. 889260

>>889259
really sick work, super appealing.
please make a 12 fps gif for peak soul

Anonymous No. 889263

>>889076
Wasn't that the femboy that flirts on twitter?

Anonymous No. 889267

>>889263
I don't think so.
It's someone's OC that got memed and who's presence now annoys people excessively and exclusively despite not actually being all too special. I'm making it to annoy my friends in VRChat and to practice softbody modeling at the same time.

Anonymous No. 889268

>>889076
TheFagRat

1359x688

reggie_smooth.png

Anonymous No. 889269

>>889268
Now even more so after my edits to the body shape.

Anonymous No. 889277

>>889267
that what I meant by femboy who flirts on twitter; That Rat is the Femboy.

Anonymous No. 889288

>>889269
looking great anon, is this for lewd for just as a general model?

1920x1920

0001-0096 (1).webm

Anonymous No. 889320

wip animation for this scene. wind and speed of the rotation are completely wrong and the tiles on the thing need more diversity and depth. But overall I'm happy that the rotating red thing works, if only from this angle

1920x1080

marvelous.jpg

Anonymous No. 889323

Trying to learn Marvelous but damn it's inuitive and when I type a problem on Google, the pages dedicated to my problem don't work anymore...
Like anyone knows why when I click on the top shelf buttons of each windows, there's no pop up menus anymore????

Anonymous No. 889338

>>889249
>animation
me throwing around an IK handle like a jackass does not count on an unfinished model.

1920x1080

1627841155561.png

Anonymous No. 889340

>>888112
how make the wires good? bezier curves really filter the fuck outta me, i think i might attempt a character next but cant decide between poly modelling or sculpting. any thoughts?

Anonymous No. 889344

>>889340
You might consider looking at how cables are organized in real life.

4000x3000

1647230217462.jpg

Anonymous No. 889348

>>889344
this is the reference but I have no clue how to make the wires look like wires

Anonymous No. 889349

>>889340
I would sculpt and retopology instead of poly modelling a character as a beginner.

Anonymous No. 889355

>>889349
is poly modelling harder?

Anonymous No. 889356

>>889340
unironically easier to sim wires if you want them to 'hang' naturally. or in the case of things like powerlines using a catenary equation driven curve.

yours aren't terrible but have a few too many kinks in em imo.

Anonymous No. 889360

>>889355
It's harder when you don't have a clear idea of what the topology for a humanoid looks like.
You're doing too many things at once, trying to form the mesh in a way that looks like your goal and doesn't have a fucked up topology.

1920x1080

1647703885530.png

Anonymous No. 889364

>>889356
>yours aren't terrible but have a few too many kinks in em imo.
yeah trying to fix em as i go but gonna use the caternary sim to get the ropes for the T shaped thing
>>889360
makes sense, got any tutorials you would recommend?

1920x1080

1619733193899.png

Anonymous No. 889379

Anonymous No. 889385

>>888783
general anatomy is a little bit disconcerting (those fingers in specific) and those eyes look a bit lifeless looking straight ahead
materials could use some work as well, its mostly just flat diffuse colors

Anonymous No. 889389

>>889340
For what it's worth, props for getting that far.
Doing that shit with curves was always really time consuming to me.

381x172

zzz.png

Anonymous No. 889395

1527x1659

1644999549504.jpg

Anonymous No. 889403

I know it isn't the most original thing, but it's something for an ambitious scene I'm going to attempt.
I had a nightmare with those hieroglyphs and still couldn't get it right, that's why some of them look more fucked up than others. I don't think they'll be a problem when everything else is in there and will probably workout better that they are fucked up.

1920x1080

shwarod.png

Anonymous No. 889407

Made some changed to the texture and some geometry. i like how it looks.

1920x1080

shwarod.png

Anonymous No. 889429

>>889407
Went with a simple design.. and sharper.

1587x974

80tzMEd[1].png

Anonymous No. 889430

Finally finishing this up. Mouth (gums/teeth) is still sculpted in, will probably try to remesh that as a very final step when I'm adding the tongue. Before that, I still have to somehow deal with the giant stack of shrinkwrap modifiers holding this thing together.

>>889269
It's not very apparent from the reference but you'll want to pull the hip forward a bit. Also try to tuck the hamstrings more to get better butt definition

Anonymous No. 889431

>>889385
Hey thanks anon, I'll look over those aspects.

Anonymous No. 889433

>>888123
NINTENDO
HIRE THIS MAN!

Anonymous No. 889441

>>889430
FULLY
MODELED

>>889429
could use some wider bevels but i like the concept

Anonymous No. 889442

>>889364
I've heard Grant Abbitt being recommended for blender sculpting, but ultimately you'll just have to play around with the tools and watch how different people do things.
Also, block out things. Don't try to pull out a whole body out of a ball.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn3ukorJv4vvJM7tvjet4PP-LVjJx13oB

Anonymous No. 889443

>>889441
>FULLY
>MODELED
I mean, barely. I have no idea how you actually go about modeling those parts in any useful detail, I just did what I do for mouths and called it a day. Should probably do the ears and nose too.

Anonymous No. 889444

>>889443
look at a cross section, duh

Anonymous No. 889445

>>889444
That's not really "useful" detail, fortunately.

Anonymous No. 889450

>>889403
nice kecksburg object

465x303

die glocke.gif

Anonymous No. 889451

>>889403
the top part should look like a Schauberger Repulsine

1411x857

wip2.jpg

Anonymous No. 889454

800x600

tank.png

Anonymous No. 889536

Slowly coming along. I wonder if anyone else recognizes this.

Anonymous No. 889540

>>889450
It's well documented that the Kecksburg acorn was just a comet and everyone who witnessed anything other than that was high on swamp gas :^)

>>889451
Which top part? Do you mean the very top that's like a dome, the part below that, or both?

Anonymous No. 889570

>>889454
boobs are misshapen and need more polygons

Anonymous No. 889577

>>889454
Looks like you sculpted the boobs out of the body. It might be easier to start them as separate objects to really help give them that weight, shape, and definition, then join them to the torso when they look right enough. I've noticed that you've got that unround line between them where they kind of flatten against mirror axis, too. Some of Blender's tools, like blob, can cause that effect with mirroring on as both sides of the mirror line are affected at the same time by the same brush, and defining the shape separately with a normal mirror modifier stops that mirror weirdness.

342x449

xili_progress2.png

Anonymous No. 889578

Some advice would be appreciated

Anonymous No. 889585

>>889578
remember to keep your artistic constraints consistent- The hands convey a much lower resolution than the other parts of the mesh- If you want the character to match that resolution, begin by simplifying the topology on the other parts of the character to remain consistent- Nailing the character's silhouette from all sides is critical

1413x853

wip3.jpg

Anonymous No. 889593

>>889577
i did its because she will have clothes covering most of her body the boobs are there just for the silhouette

1920x1080

TooltoFeed.png

Anonymous No. 889605

Finally I've done it. I can now eat my own creations with a FORK to survive, now I can thrive!

1314x729

apelvis.jpg

Anonymous No. 889611

a pelvis

Anonymous No. 889614

>>888113
ITs fine wip bro, do what ever you want to man.

Anonymous No. 889619

>>889593
yeah but your silhouette is still fucked

Anonymous No. 889628

>>888113
You are sööy

Anonymous No. 889635

>>889379
please use anything other than the default blender font, everytime i see it just makes the render feel so much worse

1314x729

wip.jpg

Anonymous No. 889664

3000x850

faster_than_chikt....jpg

Anonymous No. 889668

>>889215
Went ahead and retopo'd it anyway. The result is unfortunately terrible. First time retopologizing a sculpt, I watched a short video some time ago on it so I had a rough idea, but I still had to figure some stuff out. Made a 350k vert sculpt into a 450k multires, and then I baked normals onto a 14k mesh, and subdivided it once to 31k verts. But I guess I had fun. I'd have to finish the hair and the texturing and add the jewelry and make some kinda robe and rig all of it to actually "finish it" but I'm not sure it's worth spending any more time on a failure. And I am way off the reference, too. I thought I'd nailed it a bit on the sculpt but nope. I pasted the only official portrait of the character in the attached pic.

Anonymous No. 889676

>>889668
Not perfect, but far from terrible, and it sounds like it was a really good educational endeavor. Good work, anon. Even with the issues, it's firmly in GMI territory.
I'd recommend finishing it anyway. Even if the sculpt isn't up tor your own standards, the finishing bits are skills of their own and it would do you well to practice those as well.

It's also easier to gauge your own improvement when you finish your projects, because you can compare them all at the same stage of progress, and you get more of a feeling of accomplishment from actually capping them off. It's way easier to burn out if you've done months and months and all you have to show for it is a graveyard of unfinished projects. Sure, you likely improved a lot, but finishing is good for your sense of self-worth as well.

Anonymous No. 889706

>>889676
Thank you for the kind words. I guess I'm just vexed that I didn't nail the reference picture. Working on a model normally might be a good change of pace from the last few files where I did nothing but sculpt. I think I'll make a limited few attempts to fix the face from the multires mesh that still has the details from the sculpt, and then I'll try to finish the rest regardless if I succeed in fixing the face or not. Maybe it'll look a little more like the reference with all that junk in her hair too.

Anonymous No. 889708

>>889664
cute tummy and body

Anonymous No. 889711

is there a way to grow a selection in geometry nodes by linked geometry? trying to delete entire elements if any of their verts get caught in the selection

1920x1080

pitchfork.png

Anonymous No. 889725

>>889605
I too can eat with a fork.

Anonymous No. 889743

>>889668
You actually did a pretty good job matching the reference, but the reference itself is very weird. Maybe find a 3d model with some aesthetics you like and see if you can elastic-grab your model's face to match its structure instead.

Anonymous No. 889764

>>889708
pedo

1409x849

wip4.jpg

Anonymous No. 889767

1366x705

file.png

Anonymous No. 889773

>>889143
>>889138
Stopped being a lazy fuck. Hands, Ears are next.
Might have a hard time on the bottoms.

1920x1080

orcamakorender.png

Anonymous No. 889780

doin some brawlhalla fanart for the easy clout, and for learning of course. hoping to get this thing rigged , animated, and maybe even ported into unity or something when I'm done

Anonymous No. 889799

>>889780
looks nice. I'd pull the base of the teeth a bit further down so the shading makes them look less disconected

Anonymous No. 889811

>>889767
body like a cardboard box

1280x358

BTTForestWIP1.webm

Anonymous No. 889814

Started making an environment
most assets are still only low poly meshes with a landscape blend material on them

Anonymous No. 889850

>>889767
The anatomy needs some serious work. The face looks quite decent, but the proportions of just about everything else are off.

Anonymous No. 889851

>>889814
That looks really cool, anon. I really like the weird hollow tree things.

Anonymous No. 889853

>>889442
>Also, block out things. Don't try to pull out a whole body out of a ball.
it's better to blockout to control proportions, but you can remesh it constantly with shift+r and ctrl+ r

640x480

file.png

Anonymous No. 889859

>>889259
Now, a flying Jackolope
>>889260
It's been years since I did a 3d Animation, maybe when I finish with the wings I would animate him soaring.

1413x851

wip5.jpg

Anonymous No. 889862

>>889811
>>889850
the body wasnt sculpted yet is this better

Anonymous No. 889864

>>889814
nice, but the colors for the environment look a little too much like spore's randomly generated palettes imo, clashes with the deliberately picked ones for the creature

Anonymous No. 889865

>>889862
you've got some mighty fine bait, made me reply twice

Anonymous No. 889866

>>889865
why do you even come here

Anonymous No. 889867

>>889866
>"Ok Guys I Sculpted It Is It Better?"
>nothing changed except the bellybutton looks worse
if it isnt bait then jesus christ

Anonymous No. 889869

>>889867
love the 4teen lingo critique what needs to be changed or stop posting

Anonymous No. 889870

>>889869
its already been pointed out, proportions and general anatomy are fucked
do you really expect someone to go piece by piece when it all can be summed up with "it needs work in general"
im probably the retard here for replying to the bait this long but i guess i cant resist

Anonymous No. 889872

>>889870
3/3 for 4teen lingo i appreciate your help ill write down "general anatomy are fucked" nice english by the way on a piece of paper and stick it up my ass and shit it out tonight you reminded me why i stopped coming to this site years ago and cemented my desire to never come back

Anonymous No. 889875

>>889872
How about "learn to draw first," does that help? You don't know what a body looks like, are trying to make a body, and are getting butthurt when you're more than a few quick tips off of being right. There's no use critiquing something in detail when there's nothing there to critique. Learn your insertion points, bony ridges, proportions, etc. and make sure they come through in your art.

Anonymous No. 889877

>>889872
lmao

Anonymous No. 889880

>>889872
>write down "general anatomy are fucked" nice english by the way
When you take a list, truncate it to the last item, then pretend that the grammar is wrong because you made a plural set look singular, you can just go fuck yourself.

To actually give you help, though, buy or pirate Anatomy for Sculptors and practice building mannequins for a while first. Don't use any shapes other than cubes, spheres, and cylinders (elongating them is allowed).
Get your fucking proportions right. Get your volumes and shapes right. Make sure you can build mannequins that have the right arm and leg lengths relative to their height, the right hip width, the right torso sizes and shapes, etc, before you start adding any details or features.

You want specifics right now? Your femur is too long, hips are too narrow, torso is too long, hands are thin and creepy, feet are too small breasts are too low, upper arm is too short, lower arm is too long. Basically, it's totally fucked. Some of my analysis might even be wrong because everything is wrong, so I barely have any proper landmarks to compare against. If you try to fix the things I say bit by bit, it will still look fucked.

Hit the fundamentals, man. Don't be a cris. Take the advice, do the work, do good, directed practice. Don't just hammer against references and pray that you'll make it eventually. Your success is in your own hands, but only if you actually put in all the work the right way.

1579x971

Uk0gCWq[1].png

Anonymous No. 889889

I posted about it in the blendlet thread, but I'm trying to figure out how to mirror this mesh when it's got a multires modifier on it. I duplicate the object, mirror it, flip the normals so they look right - everything looks good until I go to join the meshes, at which point it gets this weird asymmetry. I assume it's something like one of the multires modifiers eating the other one. Any idea how to fix it? Nothing I've tried has worked.

135x59

Screenshot_2.png

Anonymous No. 889891

>>889889
Blender sculpting in general doesn't handle mirrors well.
That's why it has some handy buttons in sculpt mode.

Anonymous No. 889893

>>889891
I don't care about the base sculpted object, that thing is an amalgamation of stitched objects that I shrinkwrapped to. What I have is a retopologized mesh with that shringwrapped data stored in a multires modifier, and all I want to do is cleanly mirror that without applying the modifier. I sculpted with symmetry on; that's not what I'm talking about now.

Anonymous No. 889894

>>889893
I reread the blender thread but I guess ultimately I'm still confused with what you're trying to achieve by making your subdivided lowpoly mesh match your highpoly sculpt when it's still just a lowpoly mesh

Anonymous No. 889910

>>889894
>rig based on low poly version
>switch to pose mode and see how high-poly version deforms
Right? Same reason you wouldn't want to apply a subsurf too early.

1366x705

file.png

Anonymous No. 889919

>>889773
Polymodel done(?)
Got the buttocks/hip topology from
https://polycount.com/discussion/221096/help-face-loops-for-the-hips. Converted it to a lower poly.
I still dont know how to rig skirts which i should work on learning.
Dont know how to rig buttocks that much too.
Hope this deforms good.

2560x1080

GrassTest.jpg

Anonymous No. 889924

Finally made some progress.
While porting my grass nodes to 3.1 i realized that they were shit and re-made them. I'm still not quite happy but i want to finish this first

600x279

depositphotos_557....jpg

Anonymous No. 889925

My lighting is usually kinda bland so i still want to put either some dramatic clouds or interesting fog up there

1920x1080

jimmy-lo-jl-jungl....jpg

Anonymous No. 889929

>>889864
Noted, these are mainly base colors to use before i make more defined materials, but I will try to make everything more cohesive color wise

>>889851
thanks, i am going to try and something similar to pic related to the trees(vines and smaller trees growing inside of the hollow ones), in addition to having some of them be burnt/petrified

529x490

lynx.png

Anonymous No. 889930

>>888112
sunday afternoon doodle

Anonymous No. 889936

>>889889
It's not easy. What I do:
* Duplicate your basemesh into a "base" object and a "multires" object
* Delete the multires from the "base", apply it to "multires"
* In sculpt mode do a symmetrize to both meshes
* Add a multires to the base and shrinkwrap to "multires", then delete the multires

Clean up and fix things as you go.

Anonymous No. 889938

>>889936
I tried doing something like that with multires reshape instead of shrinkwrap, but that sounds like it might work better. I'll try it, thanks.

640x480

file.png

Anonymous No. 889946

>>889859
Wings are Complete

Anonymous No. 889953

>>889946
I enjoy your artwork these pictures make me cheerful about 3d when you post.

Anonymous No. 889954

>>889946
what a jolly little fag

1299x1515

BKn_S004.png

Anonymous No. 889959

wip handpainting texture, still pretty simple

Anonymous No. 889960

>>889959
those brows are atrocious

1489x2160

sex1.png

Anonymous No. 889982

Is she semi realistic enough? People complained I make too realistic bodies with an anime head. Idk what waifu I'll be making.

1280x720

backpack merge.png

Anonymous No. 889985

WIP happy with the hair working on modelling more armor

Anonymous No. 889988

>>889982
I don't think she's too realistic. belly looks a little weird around the sides, like she's sucking in her gut or something. I'd personally make the thighs bigger, but I'm into big thighs, so that's subjective.
Toning down the realism after the fact is way easier than the inverse. Usually, you can just smooth away some of the details and maybe accentuate some curves and you're good.
I wouldn't worry about those complaints at this point. It looks good. In any case, it's good enough to move onto whatever you have planned next for it.

Anonymous No. 889990

>>889985
the fuck's up with the teeth man
where are the lips
why can i see their scalp through the hair

Anonymous No. 889994

>>889985
fa/tg/uys would worship

Anonymous No. 889998

>>889959
good base so far, although eyebrows could be a little more feathery, rather than drawn on >>889982
muscle definition is a little bit too visible if youre going for a stylized anime look, but i'd say its a hair away from being "semi-realistic". its mostly just nitpicking at this point
>>889985
jesus christ

760x611

zzz (1).png

Anonymous No. 890025

wanted a window-less, mute copter but ended up in HL2 style which I dislike
the leg haindpainted part need redoing too

2139x1546

Capture.png

Anonymous No. 890038

Base fem so far

Anonymous No. 890045

>>889985
I had to summon my ass from the 'cord to drop this:
http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/

Anonymous No. 890046

>>890025
pretty soulful anon, good work
>>890038
i like thick thighs but isnt it a bit too curvy for a base mesh?
kinda looks like the legs are 15% bigger than they should be

Anonymous No. 890055

>>890046
fair point, i was just thinking with my dick
now that i look at it both the carpi radials in the forearm and gastrocnemius in the leg are far too high as well
will fix it up when i get back to my pc

800x600

tank2.png

Anonymous No. 890077

Progress. Slowly but surely. Model will be used for real time stuff. Going for an artstyle that's fast but still looks at least kind of good. I try to simplify shapes to make them faster and easier to model while retaining the overall design. My turret is completely flat on top, whereas this is not the case on an actual M1A1 turret. I don't think the flatness detracts from it too much, and I think the sacrifice in detail is worth it for the slight increase in modelling speed and ease.

Anonymous No. 890095

>>890077
You forgot the "Z" and the turret goes to the side anon.

Anonymous No. 890096

>>889611
Neuron activation

Anonymous No. 890098

>>890095
>>890077
and the cope cage

Anonymous No. 890104

>>890055
good job anon, you are in contrast to that other anon who had a meltdown over the word "bait"

2300x750

ah_well.jpg

Anonymous No. 890118

>>889668
So I tried to match the reference more and made it worse. Sad! The face looks a little okayish when it's still, but making any facial expression makes it plain bad. I've only ever done pure npr before this so I rigged the face like I usually do as that's all I know, but it's clearly not the way to go on a face with actual cheeks and stuff I think. I'll make sure to remake the character from scratch someday when I'm better because I'm really not satisfied with the result. Still, it was an experience I guess. I only quickly rigged it and didn't texture the robe (not pictured because it's just a solid color base) and didn't even rig the hair properly and stuff so it's far from being polished, but I really want to move on and finish a combat armor fanart thing for a certain game. And then I'll need to study more before I take on another project.
Sorry for the eye cancer.

1588x904

WyT0t7M[1].png

Anonymous No. 890125

Thanks to the anon who suggested a technique for mirroring my multires mesh. Now I get to learn all about how fun correcting the weight paint on a rigify rig can be.

Anonymous No. 890128

>>889403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJeBlJwmpAA

Anonymous No. 890132

>>890118
Don't beat yourself up so much, anon. Failure is the most important part of any worthwhile pursuit. You're doing perfectly fine, and I'm glad you shared your work.
You've got a good, humble, productive attitude, and you WILL make it if you keep it up and keep that attitude of self-improvement.
Too much of an ego is counter-productive, but the reverse can also stunt you. Make sure you recognize where you're doing things right, and especially where you've been improving.

>>890125
Let me know if you discover any good workflows or techniques for it. In my experience, when you've got a lot of bones, weight paint tweaks get really fucking tedious, and it multiplies with every new object you add.
I've found it can help to set up vertex groups as I retopo and assign those to the bones directly, and then work from there. It's not perfect, but it can cut down on the tweaking a little bit. Automatic weights are better in some ways and worse in others. I find it really painful to have to go through all the bones and make sure that all the nearby areas are cleared out, and symmetry options can sometimes be temperamental with weight painting.

1590x704

qpCD7Qk[1].png

Anonymous No. 890136

>>890132
I wish there was a lasso select for drawing weight paint, I feel like some other program I've worked in before had that and it felt so much better than drawing on a model where the vertices are moving around beneath you. But I think I'm going to wind up having to rely on sculpted shape keys and drivers a lot because getting weight paints right for every deformation seems impossible anyways. E.g. I can get the Achilles heel weighted right for either the right foot's pose or the left foot's pose, not both. Maybe I could correct that with some kind of loops on the inset parts of the tendon but that would probably fuck with the ankle.

Anonymous No. 890138

>>890118
You did good anon.
Be proud of what you've accomplished, and learn from what you didn't.
For what it's worth, I thought it was a cute girl in the thumbnail. Opening it didn't give me the abomination you claim, but it definitely wasn't what my brain was thinking the thumbnail was.
I think you did quite well in capturing the essence of the reference.

Keep moving forward anon. Every project is a step in the journey, and you're never finished.

Anonymous No. 890141

>>890118
Don't worry, I could still masturbate to it.

1920x1080

shwarod.png

Anonymous No. 890142

>>889429

1920x1080

old bun vs new bun.png

Anonymous No. 890155

I redid the bunny I made from earlier. I based the first one on the drawing and I tried making it original on my second go, and I want to know what you guys think. Also do you guys know of any tutorials that show one how to simulate anal and vaginal penetration

Anonymous No. 890165

>>890118
You can keep working on it, anon. No need to go all the way back to square one.

Anonymous No. 890168

>>890155
The second model needs a ton of improvement if you plan on using it for those types of things. If you search for [your software] flesh simulation or softbody simulation, you can find what you want.

I usually like to be positive with the way I critique, but the texturing on the second model is awful. The hands also clash with the style, and the face is less appealing than in the first model.

305x348

file.png

Anonymous No. 890175

>>889119
Sorry, here's a relatively early WIP to ease your mind.
https://streamable.com/5no82u
https://streamable.com/9m2fzk

1592x1612

Capture.png

Anonymous No. 890177

changed up the proportions a bit to make it less of a coomer model and more of a base

Anonymous No. 890183

>>890175
Nice , you sculpt it?

554x584

file.png

Anonymous No. 890201

>>890183
nah.

Anonymous No. 890202

>>890201
You texture it in substance painter ?

178x206

file.png

Anonymous No. 890204

>>890202
nah.

Anonymous No. 890205

>>890204
>>890202
>>890201
>>890183
samefag

747x733

file.png

Anonymous No. 890206

>>890205
nah.

Anonymous No. 890211

>>890205
rekt Chigger lol

Anonymous No. 890212

>>888654
>shape is awful
>topology is actually ok

I don't think I've ever seen this particular combination of success and failure before

1366x705

file.png

Anonymous No. 890250

>>889919
Flat textures for the meantime. Im waiting for my drawing tablet to arrive.
Rigging now.

Anonymous No. 890252

>>890250
show pantsu

1366x705

file.png

Anonymous No. 890253

>>890252
nothing too special

Anonymous No. 890257

>>890253
>ワレメ

Anonymous No. 890263

>>890253

Anonymous No. 890264

>>890253
uoh

Anonymous No. 890267

What happened to that anon who was doing the train scene for the competition?

>Watch the 100 best ones
>Gives me pure inspiration and reminds me of what is attainable
>Followed by the crushing reality that it will take years to reach that level and I left it too late to get started

Very bittersweet.

Anonymous No. 890268

>>890267
Look at the complete compilation and feel superior to all the shitty ones.

Anonymous No. 890270

>>890268
Good idea. I'll keep that in mind.

Anonymous No. 890278

>>888122
>That's not really what the thread is about, ya know?
It's fun, it's not distracting, if someone sets the background as transparent and puts 'collage' in the filename (or maybe just makes it transparent) then they're giving you permission to put it in the collage.
If they don't then they don't care about the collage. Just add a line to the OP that says 'If you want your render in the WIP, make the background transparent'

If you know python, or if you don't know it learn it (if you're a blendie it's the internal scripting language, if you're not it's the internal language for a number of programs), then have it assign a random position and scale (with sanity checks) and hit the redo button 10 times until you get something that looks nice.

1920x1080

wing.jpg

Anonymous No. 890291

>>888112
Why is Renderman so shit???
Me in the process of texturing an X-wing in Substance and Mari...
Hey, why not render it in Renderman, using the new LAMA materials and the new XPU feature (fancy way of saying CPU+GPU).
Renderman: XPU only works for paying customer, no plebs, go fuck yourself.
Me, fine my CPU isn't too shabby.
Renderman: gib new license, license expired.
Renderman license manager: go fuck yourself, you must install everything from scratch.
Renderman website: you must do this survey or we wont give you the new installer.
20 minutes later: OK, now lets see how my textures/shaders look in the new Renderman version.
Maya: What new Renderman version?
I tried the older version instead with the new license, but when I added a Lama Surface shader Maya crashed (consistently).
I wasted an hour with this shit and in the end I don't even know what the fuck is going on/wrong.
Tried Renderman in Blender, but it downgraded my Blender user-experience to an Maya experience - when I loaded my model Blender crashed (consistently).
I could try Houdini, but why waste my time further...
pic related is a Cycles render.

Anonymous No. 890300

>>890291
It isn't. You are, anon. Sorry.

Anonymous No. 890309

>>890291
the industry standard, everyone

Anonymous No. 890332

>>890300
I am a shit-magnet when it comes to Renderman.
I am trying to get a project done in Renderman since they released version 21 or 22, but whenever I tried, in Maya, Blender, Houdini and Katana even, Renderman would constantly crash like a ghetto-whore on crack-cocaine.
I am not a computer-illiterate and I keep my system in top shape, but this shit is like the most unstable Renderer I have ever seen.
The problem is I don't even get to actually using it.
>>890309
to be fair though, I rendered this model out in Arnold and I even threw it at the new GPU renderer in Clarisse with no problems and I am sure it would be the same in Redshift, Octane and V-ray.
It's just Renderman that shits the bed for whatever reason.

1382x727

study.jpg

Anonymous No. 890338

1382x727

study.jpg

Anonymous No. 890344

Anonymous No. 890345

Is it normal to not want to complete a project?
I’ve tried to retopologize my nerf maverick model for a good few months. The gun is asymmetric, so modeling it was hard, and I can’t seem to get the bevels right since it’s deforming

I feel like just not completing that disgusting project

Anonymous No. 890348

>>890338
>>890344
any reason the legs are so fucked up?

Anonymous No. 890349

>>890345
Do it nigga, finish it and learn.

1424x766

Screenshot 2022-0....png

Anonymous No. 890352

>>890345
I guess just as long as you learned or gained something from the project, then you could consider it "complete". If you do another project similar to the old one, you could just view it as a continuation, and when the new project is complete, the old one is complete as well since it was a stepping stone.

If you feel like your project is incomplete because of the bevels, then you may still want to learn what the problem is, even if it's in a new project. Idk what your problem is, but IME with bevels, the issue is usually the topology. Both of the cubes in picrel have the same bevel modifier, but the loop cut on the one on the right is too close to the edge, and the modifier can only bevel it so much.

Anonymous No. 890384

Need to make the holding handle and its good to go. Bonus points for those who know what this shield means.

1920x1080

Shield.png

Anonymous No. 890385

>>890384
Forgot pic.

Anonymous No. 890386

>>890253
Why the useless polys around the vagina?

356x200

sweat2.gif

Anonymous No. 890391

>>890386
pic related
No. Am i actually doing something wrong? Im actually trying to practice to model some vagina forms that i might as well start now.

Anonymous No. 890402

>>890386
>useless

Anonymous No. 890403

>>890385
warcraft 2 cinematics

698x539

m.jpg

Anonymous No. 890404

owari desu

1024x1024

Shield1.png

Anonymous No. 890420

>>890403
Nope

Anonymous No. 890421

>>890420
same vibes doe

Anonymous No. 890432

>>890155
Your smoothing & poly count seems to be all over the place, some stuff are hard and simple, while the boobs are super smooth and clearly have a lot of topology. I think you can get away with increasing the amount of topo in the head, especially in the eye and ear regions.

Hands need to be redone as well, and I'm surprised you didn't actually follow your own reference as she has plump 4 fingered hands there, while the model has poly-model-tutorial looking human hands.

Also, please use a bigger sized uv map. the painting looks really sloppy as it is. Use smoothing on the brush strokes if you need to, and change the stroke profile to a sharper one so you don't get those bleedy and blurry lines on the clothing and stockings.

Still, it's not all that bad, and I think you can make it better, you got this bro

Anonymous No. 890464

>join the op's discord
>someone unironically shilling mein kamph as a self-help option
i've seen some shit but that's next level

724x580

Untitled.png

Anonymous No. 890466

>>890338
>>890344
Legs are fucked, bruv, and not just the calves. The knee area is also really wonky.
Other bits of anatomy need work too. The pelvis looks really detached from the abdomen. Your widest part of the hips should be above the glutes, not below them, so your pelvis is gargantuan vertically, about as tall as the entire rib cage. Remember, the glutes anchor to the top of the pelvis (the ilium in particular is a very important anchor bone for many major muscles).
Your shoulders are set too far out from the ribs, too. The arms are positioned in about the right place, but the upper torso should be a bit bigger in general.

Much of the muscular attention is quite good enough, but the skeleton would look really inhuman. Getting the greater proportions right should be the first step before shaping out muscles.

Anonymous No. 890467

>>890464
Do they actually spell it like that? It should be Mein Kampf.
It's probably just some shitposting in any case.

Anonymous No. 890468

>>890464
Have you tried reddit?

Anonymous No. 890469

>>890468
How would Reddit help remove retarded, edgy teenagers posting off-topic neo-nazi spam in a 3DCG chatroom?

Anonymous No. 890470

>>890469
I'm just saying, I'm sure they would have the sort of trans positive 3d discussion you're looking for. Very active mods will make sure theres 0 discussion about mein kampf at all. You would love it!

Anonymous No. 890473

>>890467
no, they were very sincere, i've seen larping and that wasn't it.

anyways suggestion for OP: almost every small blue board discord i've seen immediately gets run over by racist shitposts and literal neonazi recruitment
you either moderate it and have nobody want to use it because of the drama that causes, or you put up with it and nobody wants to use the discord because it's there
in the long run you basically wind up with two completely separate communities between the thread and the discord anyhow
probably better to find some other things to put in the OP

Anonymous No. 890474

>>890470
4chan is nice because i can read your other posts here and pretend you're a human being worth respecting, reply to them as such, then carry on my way. and vice versa. you can go off to /pol/ and say some stupid shit and i won't know or care. but if i see someone with a name posting about how fascism cured their depression, i can't take any of their other posts seriously. this is part of why i like using an anonymous imageboard. i could get into other reasons, but it's already too off-topic. non-anonymous discords are just antithetical to the kind of discussion that is actually attractive about this website. it's not even a question of moderation.

Anonymous No. 890475

>>890473
what makes you think you have the right to tell anyone to police things to suit your own personal taste and politics? If you want that, go to reddit or literally anywhere else. They have that. Noones "recruiting" anyone, get a grip.
In case you haven't noticed, THIS IS 4CHAN

also pywips
>>890474
Then don't go on the discord if you're so assblasted by the slightest whiff of a dissenting opinion.
the guy literally hid the thing with spoilers and posted in the "off-topic" channel for anyones information.

Anonymous No. 890476

>>890474
You literally got kneejerk reaction to some anon name dropping a book. He also said it motivated him to work out, which is pretty believable, and laughed at being retarded enough for this scenario to be real.

Anonymous No. 890477

>>890464
yeah unfortunately the discord has a handful of people who arent there for 3d and just treat it as their discord sadboy club
theres one fuckin guy whos an unironic incel and pretty much only posts about how he wants to kill himself cause he cant get any pussy lmao

Anonymous No. 890480

>>890470
Why are you so obsessed with chicks with dicks? Nobody was talking about trannies.

Anonymous No. 890482

>>890480
I was thinking of redditors and that came to mind for some unexplainable reason...

Anonymous No. 890484

>>890482
You need some therapy, then, if your fetishes are intruding into other aspects of your life.

Anonymous No. 890485

>>890484
Aren't there alot of trannies on reddit though?

Anonymous No. 890486

>>890485
Better question: Who the fuck cares? Stop going on about trannies.

Anonymous No. 890489

>>890486
stop replying then.

Anonymous No. 890492

POST WIPS

784x928

file.png

Anonymous No. 890495

>>890492
Getting the hang of ice cream hair.
Doesn't look great, and I'm just using a path with an object bevel of a circle, so it looks probably way too regular, but it's not too bad.

Anonymous No. 890497

>tfw still have difficulty determining how much detail things in the background need

Does this become second nature at some point?

Anonymous No. 890498

When wip anon made a discord server and making a general chatroom instead of just actual wip posting and tutorials i fucking knew drama would already leak here.
Just fucking delete it. No one fucking wins. Theres gonna be underage zoomer normalfag faggots who cant contain themselves and their edgyness and unironically saying """THIS IS 4CHAN GO TO REDDIT"""
>>890475
>>890473
>>890464
go fucking kill yourselves and contain your faggotry in the discord. This is way worse than cris spamming the fuck out of this board you fucking gaylords.

Anonymous No. 890499

>>890497
do you have a camera down? do a quick render at full res (but low samples) and see how much pixel real estate how much the stuff takes up
should give you a good baseline for how much is gonna get seen

Anonymous No. 890501

>>890499
Thanks senpai, I'll give that a shot and go from there.

Anonymous No. 890502

>>890495
eh, its decent anime hair but bro... that character....

600x700

file.png

Anonymous No. 890507

>>890502
The character is very unfinished. I just have the rough shapes for proportions, and the little bits of detail that exist for the face are just there to be landmarks so I can position the hair.
It's just jarring right now because everything else is sculpted at low resolution (and still incredibly rough, most of the body proportions still really aren't right), but the hair is generated from curves and is really sharp.
The character is Kumatora, so the face is going to stay quite simple in any case (probably not as simple as the official art, but I don't want to stray too far).

Anonymous No. 890510

>>890507
are you the same anon that was doing kumatora a while ago?

2000x2500

kumatorarender-20....jpg

Anonymous No. 890513

>>890510
Yes.

Anonymous No. 890514

>>890513
nice

Anonymous No. 890520

>>890391
I don't know, I'm asking so I can learn.
It could help with deformation if you plan to make her do splits?
Are you planning to use that model for, things?

Anonymous No. 890521

>>890513
Cris its been a year and you havent finished it. Please give up.

Anonymous No. 890524

>>890521
dont talk about cris if you dont even know about him dumb newfag. Cris wouldnt be even able to achieve shit like that.

1196x1194

file.png

Anonymous No. 890525

>>890521
I'm not Cris. Nothing about my posting style even suggests I'm the same person, if it's the person I think it is; the one who argues with everything, never improves, never works on anatomy, and insists he knows everything. He's the one whose posts are incomprehensible and basically word salad, right? The one who posted all those weird threads about animation and yelled at everybody who told him to study his fundamentals?

I'm always well aware of where I need to work, and I work on that. I did that Kumatora last year, then took about a year to slowly go through a paid Blender sculpting course while working over full time (and I didn't post or lurk here during that time, because my progress was too slow to really warrant it), then I came back after I finished that and started working on anatomy and other things. That Kumatora (which is "finished" to the degree I wanted to finish it at the time), the Jellyfish Sister thing, and this latest shot at Kumatora are the only bits of my own work that I've ever posted here. I'm doing her again from scratch to benchmark my progress a bit. This isn't any attempt to "finish it" over the course of a solid year. I might do a fresh rendition every year to track my progress and keep aware of where I still need to work.

If you've got actual advice, I'd be glad to hear it, but it's probably not going to be all that useful given that I've just barely bashed the major shapes together at this point and I know my proportions are still not right by far. Here's the full body at the current point. Also, the plan isn't for this to be a lewd project, and most of the body will be covered by her hoodie dress thing.

1920x1080

untitled5.png

Anonymous No. 890526

>>888717
>>889139
I also tried with textures. tfw you realize that geodesic spheres are a thing.

Anonymous No. 890530

>>890521
You gotta lurk moar before you can identify the works of cris

Anonymous No. 890531

>>890526
Doesn't look bad. The atmospheric glow looks really interesting, especially on Mars. Earth looks really hazy and low saturation and low contrast, though. The atmospheric glow should be more visible on the edge than the middle, and made more transparent straight on (maybe with a fresnel) to avoid obscuring planetary features. The clouds and surface need a lot more clarity to look good. Earth's shading looks really flat on the bottom left, making it look less spherical and more flat, but that might be an effect of banding and such. The dark areas of Earth can look much more interesting if you position it so there are visible continents and you have some visible city lights, depending on how stylized you want it. Same goes for some simple bump mapping to add some visible texture. You can also make the clouds somewhat more visible a bit past the edge of the darkness to emphasize their higher altitude and add a more interesting appearance.
Your space is pretty boring. Space images are much more interesting if you make the stars vary more in brightness and color, make most of them a lot sharper and less fuzzy, make them clustered in some areas and more sparse in others, and maybe make other space features like nebulae visible, even slightly.

> geodesic spheres
If you're looking at avoiding polar artifacts, rounded cubes are also an option.

Anonymous No. 890534

>>890525
>Also, the plan isn't for this to be a lewd project, and most of the body will be covered by her hoodie dress thing.
okay but what if you modeled her naked just for fun haha
like what if you could see her Vagina under the hoodie dress thing hehe itd be pretty funny

Anonymous No. 890536

>>890531
>rounded cubes are also an option.
Not that guy but they tend not to smooth as well as geodesics.

Anonymous No. 890537

>>890534
I'll model her vagina, anus, and nipples in explicit detail, but never show any of it in any renders or WIPs. They'll be there only for me.

Anonymous No. 890538

>>890536
you need to add a cast > sphere modifier after

Anonymous No. 890539

>>890537
you fucker

Anonymous No. 890541

>>890536
I use them as a quad-based spherical base for sculpting usually, and so I just use them for spheres as well. Looking at it now, I can see how they might end up with artifacts near the cube corners as there will be a slightly higher concentration of vertices there (not to mention the polygons being a different shape at the center of the cubic faces, where they'll be more square, compared to the corners, where they'll be more rhomboid). The artifacts are not extreme, but I get a much better result with an icosphere than a rounded cube with lower polygon counts. Thanks for the heads up.

>>890538
Even with this, you end up with slight surface warping in different parts of the sphere. It's not very noticeable, but you can see it in motion when the polygon count isn't very high. Better to just use an icosphere for spherical or nearly spherical objects.

Anonymous No. 890543

>>890531
I appreciate your multiple advices, mate. I'm combining different knowledge I've learned from multiple random tutorials. I agree about improving the background (space), and I'll fix it asap. I also have a night Earth texture, so I'll try and make it visible in dark areas.

Anonymous No. 890549

>>890464
But there's not even a self-help section of the Discord.
If you're gonna talk shit, at least get it right.

3004x1548

kumatora.jpg

Anonymous No. 890587

Anatomy is hard.

Anonymous No. 890588

>>890587
you went highpoly way too fast, sculpting on this mesh at this subdivision level will make everything muddy and wobbly,
Arms and stomach/crotch look good(for a basemesh), the rest needs a lot of refinement
If you are going to study anatomy, go for realism first, then move to stylized, trying to learn anatomy by doing stylized stuff is going to give you a ton of extra work for minimal benefit.

Anonymous No. 890590

>>890588
Yep, I'm definitely feeling all that. I really wanted to use this as a benchmark for progress, but I can shelf it for a month or so while I do a few more realistic projects.
One thing I've been struggling with is getting rough details properly defined at a lower resolution (my resolution is actually about the same for most of the mesh except the head, which is really high; I have smooth shading on for some of the objects).
If the resolution is low, I have trouble defining things like nose and mouth, which can end up really angular, and if I use dyntopo, the mixed resolutions really screw with things like the smooth brush (and transitions can be hideous), so I just gave up and cranked a bunch of it up with remesh. Some brushes, like crease, feel a lot more responsive in a higher resolution as well, but I may have just not learned how to wield them correctly yet. I really like the idea of dyntopo, and only having resolution where I really need it, but it's hard to properly manage. Are there any particular tricks, or does it just come with practice and experimentation?

I also really need a lot of work in a bunch of other places, particularly hands and heads. Back to the Zarins books with me, I guess.

As far as highpoly goes, though, I find that the same level of detail for something like hands needs much smaller polygons than something like the torso or upper leg. Should I try for a roughly consistent polygon size as I iterate and refine, or should areas have polygon sizes relative to the size of their details?

Thanks for your input. At my level, even telling me that any of it looks good for a basemesh is a compliment.

1080x1282

Screenshot_202204....jpg

Anonymous No. 890592

Just started to pick up zbrush again. Got a basic blockout going on for my sculpt

1104x839

ZBrush_Document-1.jpg

Anonymous No. 890593

>>890525
I would suggest learning how to measure out your portions maybe pick up some PDFs you can find online like Anatomy for Sculptors, Loomis Anatomy etc etc. Never give up Anon

Also Pic is sculpt warm up from a few days ago

Anonymous No. 890598

>>890593
haha, monke

1920x1080

1649320633085.png

Anonymous No. 890599

Spent about six hours total over the last nine months looking at tutorials and infographics saying "man I should really start learning to model stuff."
I finally sat down and started ramming meshes together and out came this little guy. Am I gmi guys?

1590x897

2022-04-07 110827.jpg

Anonymous No. 890603

>>890526
I'm feeling a bit stupid right now. What should I do if I want the bump map to be displayed correctly through Cycles? (pic related is Eevee, also feel free to laugh if nodes are wrong)

Anonymous No. 890626

>>890599
If you keep practicing right and working on fundamentals, yeah.
Anybody can do it. Just remember, practice doesn't make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect. Putting in hours is important, but if you put them in wrong, you can actually just waste your time.
Right now, your primary focus should be on having fun. That's a cute model, but the realistic dirt texture clashes with the simplistic geometry.

Anonymous No. 890633

>>890626
A good point and well made, thank you.
The dirt was actually the first thing I textured. I was hoping to do a little displacement map thing with the pebbles in it, but I didn't really look into how that works and it just broke so I got rid of it. It *is* bump mapped though, for all the good that does.

1021x784

unknown-325.png

Anonymous No. 890634

finally got to touch this junk after two weeks

Anonymous No. 890639

>>890593
>I would suggest learning how to measure out your portions
What do you mean by this? You mean measuring proportions? I've been kind of doing that by eyeball (and using parts of my hands and fingers to compare lengths of things), or are there better techniques to making the proportions right?

> pick up some PDFs you can find online like Anatomy for Sculptors, Loomis Anatomy etc
I've been doing Anatomy for Sculptors. I pirated the other Zarins books, but I'll probably actually purchase them all soon to have hard copies on hand. I wasn't aware of Loomis Anatomy, so I'll look into that too, thanks.

That looks really interesting. I would love to be able to bang out stylized faces like that and keep them looking good. I think I need to work the fundamentals and anatomy study harder.

Anonymous No. 890640

>>890603
Your elevation map might not be what you expect. Make sure you preview it to be sure the elevation is what you expect, and then the Bump node to be sure that looks right too, and tweak the strength and distance and stuff.
Using the Node Wrangler addon and using Ctrl-Shift-LeftClick can be really good for previewing.

> feel free to laugh if nodes are wrong
Your first two nodes on both your color and bump textures are identical. You can use the Vector output for the same one on both Vector inputs

Anonymous No. 890654

>>890640
I'm checking with the Node Wrangler, but I don't see the problem. Could it be that Bump workflow is different for Cycles?

>Your first two nodes on both your color and bump textures are identical.
Oh boy, I can't believe I haven't seen this. Thank you!

2570x1812

earth.jpg

Anonymous No. 890662

>>890603
Looked like fun, so I got in on the action too.

1996x650

file.png

Anonymous No. 890665

>>890603
I'm actually having the same problem with cycles in this setup here: >>890662 . Bump Node is only working in Eevee, not Cycles. Interestingly, when I remove the bump map input texture's vector input, it starts working sort of, so I think it has something to do with how cycles calculates the new normals using object local coordinates. I think it's because we're calculating the texture coordinates rather than using UVs, which confuses the bump map node. This should be fixable by just specifying the "Normal" input or something, but it's not working for whatever reason. Might be a cycles bug.

2526x1880

file.png

Anonymous No. 890671

>>890665
>>890654
As expected, when I switched to a UVsphere and actually mapped my UVs, it all just worked. I think I'll open a bug report for this if I can't find one. This is definitely a bug.

Anonymous No. 890672

>>890671
>>890654
>>890603
Looks like this bug, I think: https://developer.blender.org/T74979

Anonymous No. 890695

>>890634
You gonna rig it anon?

Anonymous No. 890698

>>890634
mightve gone a little too hard on the greebling hombre

Anonymous No. 890709

>reddit fag with popteamepic avatar starts trooning out on the discord
it was inevitable, i suppose

Anonymous No. 890711

>>890709
no one fucking cares about discord
just leave the group and do some work instead.

1592x902

Render Capture 1.png

Anonymous No. 890723

>>890250
Very nice Mayl! I saw your updates on /v/ and was inspired to make a Jasmine.

1920x1080

4vs 5.png

Anonymous No. 890734

>>890432
>>890168
I redid the textures and the hands. I autisticly continued to use 5 fingers until I looked at other models/drawings and decided that 4 would work better. I think she looks better with low poly eyes as apposed to the high poly eyes on the subdivided one tell me what you think.

Anonymous No. 890736

>>890709
>Actually hanging out in the discord
What were you thinking?

683x485

file.png

Anonymous No. 890753

>>890723
Those shoulder loops looks like a problem anon.
Make a loop like this because i think your shoulders will collapse if its facing down or up.

Anonymous No. 890756

>>890753
Thank you for the tip anon. I haven't started altering the topology for deformation yet.

578x824

Test12.png

Anonymous No. 890759

>>890756
probably something like number 2 >>890753
Theres a lot of ways to tackle it. Id give some breasts supports too for form.
Green lines are correction if her waist is slim(?) and also so it doesnt clip with the arms when its facing down.

Anonymous No. 890776

>>890709
The discord and board are separate.
No one gives a shit about what happens in one compared to the other.
What did you really hope to gain from complaining here about it? Kudos from fellow anons and upboats? Seems like you're just as reddit.

Anonymous No. 890806

>>890776
>No one gives a shit about what happens in one compared to the other

i do you fucking dick
and i am in both
stop jumping into conclusions

1024x1024

0001-0250.webm

Anonymous No. 890815

Poop

Anonymous No. 890817

>>890815
That's pretty neato.

Anonymous No. 890863

>>890815
bruh, that's sexy.
What's it for?

Anonymous No. 890895

>>890806
If you've got a problem with someone, take it outside like a man, instead of airing out all your laundry in public, in hopes of rallying people to your cause.
There's a face and a name you can single out, one of the blessings and curses of using a Discord. DM the dude and call him a bitch.

Anonymous No. 890898

>>890815
This irks me. Yes, rotating objects are cool, but it looks out of frame and unbalanced.

Anonymous No. 890907

>>890898
Its rendered from the viewport and for some reason when u put 1024x1024 it creates a camera thats really far away so i had to zoom in into the object to render is closely.

>>890863
Was just wasting time making random shit...

Anonymous No. 890915

>>890593
>my ancestor

Anonymous No. 890943

>>890907
>for some reason when u put 1024x1024 it creates a camera thats really far away so i had to zoom in into the object to render is closely.
I think that may be the fov.

Anonymous No. 890968

NEW THREAD
>>890966
>>890966
>>890966
>>890966
>>890966